The Trading Post ... ( Open to All )

Started by Sasha, June 18, 2011, 07:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

The Trading Post exists in a realm that time has basically forgotten and is not held by the restraint of it ...those that find themselves standing outside this building may have stepped back into the past , others into the future . A slight confusion might exist at first in the minds of those that had been transported here . Some wake up in a slight fog and the only building in sight seems to be the Trading post . For those that move to explore the outer reaches they do so only to come full circle back to the very same store front that beckons their mind to enter in. Others seem to just have stepped out of a situation they were in and appear here out of the fog ...either way they are on foot dressed in the same clothes they were in and nothing with them except  what they were carrying.

The proprietor is rather unknown really but each is greeted by an individual that one knows down deep that something  magical exists about them.  Odd the store is called a trading post for inside a cozy fireplace with a seating arrangement exists for those to take a load off to rest. The smells of the kitchen always seemingly to greet the newcomer and the exact thing they crave seems to always be on the menu to sooth any hunger that might arise . For those with a bit of trouble in deciding what it is they have come here for exactly a room is made ready for their extended stay in the back .

However , once an individual determines what it is that they truly desire is ...the item appears in the shop with their name on it . Sometimes it is a potion to drink , a box of chocolates , a beautiful stone that only needs rubbed or an item to wear back into the realm in which they came from . For everyone it is a little different for what is traded in exchange requires a bit of thought and each is explained to some degree , course return visits are rare but sometimes do happen .

Pity that one can not realize what it is they truly desire the first time round and as with all things in life the stakes of getting it now raise . To date no one has been turned away or left empty handed ...though there is the option to decline the gift offered and be returned as we say no harm , no foul without a remembrance of the place .

Please keep in mind this section is PG13 ....and all text should conform to that level.

This game is open to all new applicants and members .....you may start by posting your entrance here , giving a little detail of where you came from and maybe a touch of the circumstances that brought you here . Add a picture of your character if you like and or give a descriptive detail so all playing can get a feel for them.

A Trading Post OOC .....is put up where one can ask questions since this is open to applicants and members alike to enjoy. You may post a character profile in there and or discuss things with others playing the game at the same time.

NOTE : Your Welcome to enter the trading post as your own id persona .....for example I could enter as Sasha , or her evil twin .

Character Profile : ( Not required but does make things easier )

Character Name :
Character Age :
Time period Character came from: (Middle Ages, Victorian, Wild West, Roaring 20's, the 60's, 80's, Modern, Future-year ......a few examples anyways)

What the character desires : ( This will need to be filled in if your a new applicant , if a member you do have the option of sending this to me in a private pm or filling this out .  If you like to hold up on filling it out due to your character not quite knowing that is fine as well . It can be added later - I aim to please anyways )

Character Appearance :  ( Can add a picture if you like , Otherwise paint me a picture and bring the character to life .)

Character Vibe/ Personality : ( How do others perceive him , what is apparent - how does he or she act on the outside . Give a few descriptive words to sum him up .  Example ,  Rough - Loner , Aged ...with eyes dark as night that bore into you . )

Character Background : ( Give a little detail of this character's past , a brief overview snapshot is all that is needed )

As the Game Progresses ....

You maybe required to roll the dice ...for which we will be using the [ Dice Bot] at the top of the screen . Details will be given at the bottom of the proprietors post when this needs to occur . If you have any troubles - please post in the Trading Post OOC ...and we will get right on aiding you.  Here is a wonderful tutorial that works through the ins and outs of using the roller .

Sasha

[Floatleft][/float]
Eve awaiting the next arrival .......

The day was winding down as all those that had arrived seemed to of been serviced in a manner of speaking anyways . Though the lull in activity never seemed to last very long , Eve just wondered what interesting character was due to arrive next . Over the centuries there had been many that she found interesting and special though few returned and she was unable to leave this place to find out how they had fared out in their earthly situation. Sometimes the woman daydreamed of returning to the carnal realm of things but alias to which era would be the most satisfactory was a matter of debate.

With a heavy sigh ...she wiped down the front counter and tossed the cloth into the air as it changed into beautiful butterflies that fluttered and beat their wings creating a song in the air . With a twirl and a light step she joined them in their merry dance about the place ...changing the atmosphere into one of joy and happiness. As she twirled about the lace and satin scarves of her outfit lifted up and fanned out . The woman began to hum and magic filled the place . Seemingly content to amuse herself until the next visitor would arrive and she could be useful again .

When the door would open ...the next visitor would find her just this way , dancing about the place and be touched by the overabundance of joy that seemed to fill the place .

johnny5

"Damn it" he thought to himself his heart pounding in his chest as he ran from the hail of tommy gun fire. "At least they were after Jimmy and not me" he thought to himself. Jimmy was always doing something stupid, pissing off everyone and anyone he could,and now it was biting both of them in the ass. Marty tore around the corner and charged down the dank unlit alleyway, darkness was good, he just needed a little distance, and fog yes there was fog even better.  His lungs felt like they were about to burst as he ran out the other end of the alley, he hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings, so intent was he on survival.  he stopped and bent over his hands on his knees for support, his breaths came in ragged gasps, "must've lost them" he thought to himself as he slowly caught his breath.  The fog of fear and adrenaline that had been clouding his brain slowly lifted as he took a look at his surroundings....."what the hell" he said under his breath, the city was gone. He turned slowly in disbelief, no, it was true, just the blasted fog and that old timey trading post, like something out of the moving pictures.  Shrugging his shoulders he made his way towards the trading post, "I've always got my switchblade if things turn ugly" he thought as he approached the old wooden door.  He could here a soft strange tune emanating from beyond the door, it was unlike anything he'd ever heard before and filled him with a strange kind of peace.  Opening the door he stopped dead in his tracks at what he saw, he'd heard of belly dancers, figured they couldn't be much different than the flappers he romanced on a regular basis.  He couldn't have been more wrong, the figure before him moved with an unearthly grace, the flowing gossamer material of her outfit accentuating and enhancing the fluidity of her movements, he'd never in his life seen anything more beautiful.  Marty slowly entered the trading post, his eyes drinking in the image before him.

Knightfox

The soft thud as his opponents head landed on the soft earth by his feet told him that his last blow had had the desired effect. Turning slowly, he saw the rest of the weasels body fall, the scarlet fountain from it's neck spotting the grass around it, the torrent quickly subsiding as the remaining liquid drained from it.  Dropping to a crouch, his senses reaching out, his ears twisting and turning to the barest noise, he watched and waited.  The bandits had struck suddenly and without warning, the fog that had settled on this trail giving them near perfect cover, the high bamboo growing either side not aiding visibility.  He was sure he had dispatched them all, but had learnt at an early age to never assume the test was over.  He had the scars to remind him of the over eagerness of his youth.

After waiting for what seemed an eternity, he finally satisfied himself that the only noises were that of the bamboo, creaking slightly in the gentle breeze.  He rose slowly, carefully wiping the glinting blade of his katana on the robes of his fallen attacker, making sure to leave no stain on the gleaming blade.  A swift, well practiced movement, and it was sheathed once again.  And then the ritual of searching the corpses slain at his hand.  More death, more blood.  Would it ever end?  The jangle of a few coins in a purse lifted his spirits a little. Perhaps he would eat today. 

Having emptied the pockets of his adversaries, Kitsune took his bearings from the low sun and continued on his way, the path to Kyoto lay ahead of him, and he had business there.  An old debt, long overdue.  But he was hopeful that his journey would take him close enough to a tavern, and the promise of a hot meal and perhaps a little sake put a little more enthusiasm in his stride. 

Was it his imagination or had the fog got thicker whilst he was searching the fallen?  Each step seemed to bring the shroud of damp air closer around him, the bamboo seeming to fade further away.  So thick that he slowed to be sure of his footing.  And then, in the distance, a clearing.  The colour of the timber was a surprising contrast to the verdant green of the bamboo he had been walking through, and the design of the structure now in front of him was unfamiliar.  The objects that adorned the front of the building were also strange, shapes and purpose a mystery.  His hand rested on the hilt of his blade, his ears straining, he sniffed silently, hoping to pick up some kind of scent.  Smoke? But he could see no fire, an acrid taste in the back of his throat, strangely similar to the smell left behind after the fireworks he used to enjoy at home as a young cub.  He approached the door, stepping softly so as not to let the wooden boards betray his prescence, turning the handle as slowly as he dared and slipping inside.

The sight before him both confused and amazed. His next breath caught in his throat, his blade hand gripping the handle of his katana tightly, yet not unsheathing his keen blade.  A strange thing on two legs, dressed in unusual clothing, a hat upon it's head was stood transfixed, staring in one direction.  Once Kitsune followed his gaze, he then understood the astonished expression on it's face as his own eyes were bedazzled with colour and movement. Soft fabrics, the flash of skin and an unheard song in his heart as he looked at the female form in front of him.  The grip on his blade fell slack, a wonderful sense of peace and calm overwhelmed him, and as he stood rooted to the spot, he wondered what magic filled this place.
You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me.  Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded

Sasha

Eve turned round the woman's hips moving ...as her voice lifted up into the room such a lovely melody as her hands moved up into the air , wrist rubbing against each other . The light blue orbs that fluttered came to a slow movement and then dwindled into nothing as did the illuminating butterflies as the trouble boy entered the room . Eve continued to dance though ...the only change was a lowering of the one arm as her hand rolled the fingers invitingly . " Come join me ...you safe in here for now my friend . " Slowly she danced towards him and turned seemingly not to care whether he in turn joined in with the dance or not . " Welcome to the Trading post ...the place to rest for a bit and find that what it is your heart desires most ...you can call me Eve . "  her voice was enchanted of course and soothingly reassuring ...as she returned to humming .

Of course another had stepped through the door this one a warrior of a period of time way before the other ...and Eve couldn't help but smile . Lowering her head as her hands came together as if praying ...the woman's body bent . As she spoke in the newcomer's native tongue they would roll into the air so that the Trouble boy would also indeed understand the conversation . " Welcome ...mighty warrior ....I see you made your way through the fog to our humble door . Please come in and rest ....what thou has cometh from will still be there upon your return . You have been granted the opportunity to obtain a most precious gift of your choosing ...that which you desire above all else . " she held her head turned down pose for a few moments and then lifted upwards after speaking .

Seemed the slight lull of earlier ...was just a small break for the wicked . Looking from one to the other .... " You may call me Eve ...." moving her hand then towards the trouble boy as she rolled it slightly to indicate he should indeed introduce himself to the mighty warrior that just stepped through the door . What an interesting pair to arrive at the same time , some things were amusing anyways .

johnny5

Marty responded to the gesture slowly, looking over in the direction that of her gesture.  He took  step back and stared, looking the person to his left up and down. "That's some costume" he exclaimed marveling at the detail in the persons mask, it looked so lifelike. His outfit though was straight out of a Fu Manchu story, but given the oddness he'd already experienced in the place he just smiled and decided he must have stumbled into some part of the theater district he wasn't aware of.  "Nice outfit, that must have set you back a few clams, c'mon I'll buy you a drink". Gesturing towards the counter he made his way over, eyeing the scantily clad woman behind the counter, "Eve is it? Anything I desire? Well then doll gimme the best bottle of hooch ya got"  A smirk on his features as he watched, he figured this'd tell him which side of things she was on.

Sasha

Eve would not interrupt the conversation between the two guest to the Trading Post ....as the place was always it seemed difficult for mere mortals to wrap their minds around. Twas the nature of the game though and one that had a curious nature to it and though similar situations occurred regularly it was the true nature of the individuals involved that seemed to dictate the atmosphere of the place. Confusion had such a wonderful smell to it anyways and seemed to feed the woman as it was clear with the words of the small time mafia man that he had not quite grasped the meaning of her words yet .
"Eve is it? Anything I desire? Well then doll gimme the best bottle of hooch ya got"  A smirk on his features as he watched, he figured this'd tell him which side of things she was on.

Now Hooch ...lets see that slang still meant alcohol in his time period ...though producing some good weed and a Hookah might be interesting with these two.  Sliding her hand up under the bar though she produced some boot leg liquor and turned over a double sized shot glass ...one , two ...and then a third . " As you wish ...some of the finest bootlegged hooch this side of the Hills . " adding a little giggle as she poured them right to the rim .

Placing one in front of each man ...and lifting her own shot glass up .  " If I may do the honors boys ... " pausing only to make sure it was okay but then again wasn't it always for she was the host of this particular party anyways . "May your mornings bring joy and your evenings bring peace...May your troubles grow less as your blessings increase!  " Lifting her shot higher in the air ...as that seemed a rather reasonable toast in light of the situation at hand . Then she downed the thing and slammed the shot glass on the bar .

johnny5

*grinning from ear to ear he took the shot glass in his hand, raising it slightly in Eve's direction he threw back the shot slamming the glass back down on the bar as he swallowed*  Damn that's good thanks doll, that's the first lucky break I've had tonight, how much do I owe ya?  *Pulling a silver money clip out of the pocket of his custom tailored zoot suit he flashed a 20 dollar gold note waving it with a flourish before laying it down on the counter, "More of the same, I'm in the mood to get jazzed"

Knightfox

It took some time for him to take in the strangeness of his surroundings, this 'man' in a striped outfit, loud and outspoken, and the female....

She had shown great respect in her bow, and had spoken in his native tongue.  Of course it would be unthinkable not to return the honour, and so he bent at the waist, deeply, yet still keeping his keen eyes on the both of them, his hand resting gently on the length of steel tucked into his belt, directing the bow at both of them.

"Ohayou gozaimasu" he spoke, but heard something completely different leave his mouth, alien to his ears but the sound of "Good Morning", whatever that meant.  This place was bewitched!  The startled look on his face, covered briefly as he brought his hand to his mouth in surprise.  And from that point, his words would continue to be so, his own language transformed.  He had understood both the male and the female perfectly when they had spoken.  Perhaps this magic allowed him to do so.  Struggling past his confusion, he saw the bottle produced from behind the counter top, the glasses and for a moment his guard lowered.  He suddenly became aware of his thirst and his hunger, and moved cautiously toward the wooden bar.  The coloured liquid was strange to him, as was it's smell, but after watching them both drink heartily, and not drop to the floor, he decided it could not be poisoned and took up the remaining glass.

"Kampai!" he exclaimed, raising the glass and tipping the liquid into his mouth.  A familiar burn in the back of his throat told him it was a bracing spirit indeed, but with a taste quite unlike sake.  Returning the glass to it's place, he watched as the striped male placed a coloured piece of paper on the counter, and wondered if that was a method of payment. 

"Thank you Sir, I am in your debt.  One I will repay before you leave", a slight nod in his direction.

"Thank you my Lady", he spoke softly.  "Your spirit is fiery, if a little unrefined.  I know not where I am, or how I came to be here, but I was in need of a tavern and then here I am".

"And you Sir, your appearance is strange to me, and you carry no sword.  Are you a peasant? A villager? Where do you come from?"
You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me.  Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded

johnny5

He smirked and tipped his hat "nice to meet ya mac, name's Spinelli, Marty Spinelli, where I'm from?"  *he grabbed hold of the bottle as they spoke and poured himself and the stranger another shot, throwing it back quickly, starting to feel the familiar tingle* "Brooklyn, born and raised, what about you mac, that's a pretty impressive getup, are you part of a show or something?  And where did you get that mask? That must've set you back a few clams."

Knightfox

"My name is Kitsune, and my village is many miles from here, on the island of Hokkaido.  And I do not know what you speak of when you say mask.  I wear no mask, this is my face and I assure you stranger, I am no player in some show, do you see any humour in my face?"

He was confused, the man, this Marty, his familiar manner disrespectful.  He had seen the lack of fur on his body, as he had also noticed on the female, Eve.  More strikingly so on her, but noticed all the same.

"And what are these clams you speak of?  Are we to eat?".  The growling in his belly grew more noticeable.  This Eve had spoken of hearts desire, was it as simple as to ask?

"Brooklyn? I have not heard of such a place, is it far from here?"

johnny5

Marty responded with a chuckle "Not far no, it's just across town" It had to be a mask and this guy was obviously pulling his leg but he didn't much care he was fun all the same. He pulled out a pack of Camel's removing one of them with a flick of his wrist tossed it up to his lips.  He produced a streamline lighter and lit the end drawing in the soothing smoke, he always smoked when he drank, it was just one of those things.  He left the pack and the lighter on the counter figuring that if the stranger wanted one he'd ask.  "you know now that I think of it some grub would be good right about now" he said by way of conversation.

Sasha

Quote"Thank you my Lady", he spoke softly.  "Your spirit is fiery, if a little unrefined.  I know not where I am, or how I came to be here, but I was in need of a tavern and then here I am".

Eve nodded her head with a lowered bow to give the respect due to the warrior ..... " Of course my traveling friend ...a room shall be prepared for you to rest in a peaceful slumber for as many a night as you need to figure out what it is you desire to leave here with . " 

Looking back down at the money that had been placed out ....not wanting to be rude she took it and folded it placing it into her top . With a sway of her hips ...the woman went back to humming letting the men get acquainted and talk some as she disappeared into the other room . Soon she returned carrying a large tray ....the smells of the food on it rolled into the air . Placing before the trouble boy that stepped out of the 60's a nice steak grilled to perfection with sliced parsley style potatoes and some mixed veggies .  A fresh basket with bread rolls and a container that had butter , Strawberry jam and orange marmalade . " Please let me know if you require anything else ....." as she put a the silverware needed rolled in a clothe napkin down .

Making her way over to the large warrior .... as she placed down a broth style soup with noodles and on a platter were various slices of fine meat cooked slightly ,a bowl of fried rice ....along with a container of sweet red bean dumplings to be enjoyed . " Enjoy your dinner ...." 

Smiling to both men ....as she spoke softly ... " The Trading Post has no measure of time as it is in your world so to speak ...so those that walk at different levels in time may come together here as one . It is difficult to grasp the understanding of but you both have come here together for a reason ...."  bowing her head now ...." I shall make sure you both have a room made perfectly ready and return ....please enjoy the food and drink . "

Eve turned then after coming up from the bowed low position with a smile and her hands still folded together before her half naked body . Slipping away into the back room area to make sure each room was fit for a remembrance of the culture in which they came from . Little touches to remind them of home usually helped the process along anyways .

johnny5

"Now that's the ticket" Marty's eyes grew wide as he saw the steak, it gently massaged his senses, the aroma combined with the visual  image of the perfectly grilled steak set his mouth to watering.  He eagerly dug in completely ignoring the other two, he cut a small piece off the end and brought it up to his mouth.  His eyes rolled as he chewed, this was easily the best steak he'd ever had, they must have one of those french chefs back there.  He was content, at least for now, what was it the dame had said?  Something about this place being on Time St?  He'd never heard of it before but he was going to make sure he remembered this place, good booze, even better food, and he hadn't seen a copper since he got in here.  Waaaait it all made sense, this place must belong to one of the big fish, a really big fish, someone with enough clout to keep the cops at bay.  A foreign ambassador maybe? It'd explain the guy in the Fu Manchu getup, not to mention the belly dancer shopkeep.  He made a mental note not to cause any trouble, last thing he needed was to spark a turf war.  He continued to eat and mull over this strange place.

Knightfox

The smells that drifted into the room as the woman entered nearly brough him to his knees.  As each dish was placed gracefully down in front of him, his mouth watered uncontrollably.  Forgetting formality, he snatched up the chopsticks and began greedily slurping at the broth, pushing the delicious meat and soft noodles between his lips, lost in the flavours and smells.  He could not believe his luck, and, most unlike him, found himself relaxing and actually feeling at ease, something he had not felt for a long time.  The strange male was also ravenous, he watched as the large piece of meat on his plate disappeared bit by bit.

But as he ate, and fed his hunger, he began to wonder how it could be that, just as he wished for a place such as this, it should appear.  Coincidence was not something he trusted, things rarely happened for no reason, and he believed well enough in the fates that this place was no accident.  His curiosity held him only briefly however, as he tasted the rice, savouring every grain.  Whoever this woman was, she was a skilled cook indeed, and he would be sure to show his gratitude and appreciation accordingly.

She had mentioned a room, oh for a bed! To rest his weary frame, even if for only a few hours, would be a blessing indeed.  He dared to hope that there would be some form of bath here also.  His short fur was matted with mud and blood, and he could not remember the last time he had bathed.  Now that would be a true luxury.

Sasha

[Floatleft][/float]
Eve emerged into the bathing chambers of each of the guest's suites that had been made available the warrior's room was more a round style bed and the furniture had an old style Asian feel to it ...the colors of a rich burgundy with gold tones that fit for royalty for sure . Though the changing area had a beautiful folding screen with ivory inlays and showed a contemporary mountain like scene . The paintings on the wall , swords ...pottery all reminders of home with indeed a touch more class . The bed had been turned back and a fire roared out with a gentle flicker in the fireplace .

Bending over the woman drew up a hot bath ...being sure to have enough bubbles to coat the top . Towels were rolled out and in perfect reach . The steam rolled upwards and licked the mirrors creating a soft fog ...it would be perfect temperature when the mighty warrior took off his Armour and slipped his body into it . A decanter of rice wine on a tray with a nice tea style ceramic cup lay also ready to enjoy . Indeed it was perfect .

Making her way across the hall ....this room was more of a billiards green as if it was a side room in a casino . The bed was massive with high columns and one had to step up to get into the masculine beauty. Large black leather chairs adorned two sides of a nice oak table which was commonly used as a smoking area . This suite also had a fireplace that crackled and a bearskin rug laid out before it . A bowl of sugar cubes and everything else needed to partake of the spirits related to what was commonly called the green fairy was all ready to be used but the gentleman that had stepped out of the roaring twenty's otherwise called Absinthe. Something that would be well appreciated by a man dealing back home with prohibition . The room even had a slot machine set up and a roulette wheel up on the wall as a decoration.

The bathing chambers looked similar ....and a bath was soon drawn in the same manner for the trouble boy as well . Setting out the towels and various ointments needed to slick back the hair . Eve smiled men in this era indeed did take much better care of their outer appearance least she thought so anyways ...a fresh thing of lather to shave and a straight razor on the sink area . Everything needed to be perfect anyways which of course gave the boys all time to eat their meal and enjoy a bit of conversation .

johnny5

"Damn that was good"  Marty said happily as he put his fork down.  He hadn't had a meal that good...since well ever now that he thought of it.  He leaned back in his chair and lit up another smoke. Marty also smoked when he ate.  In truth he smoked all the time, he found it soothing.  The way the smoke billowed into his lungs, that subtle rush as the nicotine took hold, and the soft glow of the cherry as the cigarette slowly burned.  He blew out a long plume of smoke and turned to his companion.  "That dame sure is easy on the eyes, a real hot tomato.  I wonder where she got off to?"  Marty stood up casually and stretched languidly, a yawn escaping his lips as he looked around the strange environment of the trading post.

kobrakid92

Tyler along with a group of punks walked down the streets of New York late one night. They had all got drunk earlier in the day then went to see the band "The Ramones" at a local venue a few blocks away. Tyler raised up a beer bottle and let out a howl that seemed to echo on forever. He slammed what was left in the bottle then threw it against a building. "Hey Tyler we gotta get back man. You gonna make it back alright?" asked one of his friends. Tyler looked at them and nodded. The two then turned left at an intersection while Tyler kept going forward. "Which way is home again?" he asked himself. He merely shrugged and kept on walking down the street bumping into a few light poles and mail boxes along the way.

By the time he had walked another block he completely forgot where he was going and decided to walk down a back alley. He staggered down the alley and came to a side street that was covered by an eerie fog. He stood around and tried to figure out where he was but his vision being blurred in his drunken state didn't help. He walked left and the fog seemed to get thicker. As he walked through the fog he didn't look much at his surroundings granted there wasn't much to look at. He eventually came to a odd looking building with a sign that had the word trading on it. "What part of town did I walk into. Must be chinatown or somethin." he said as he looked at the building.

Feeling a bit cold he slowly walked inside trying to keep from falling over his feet. The first thing to catch his attention was the style of the room. He had never seen anything like it in his life. He looked around for a few minutes then looked at the two characters across the room. The one in the suit he wasn't fond of as he hated the upper class and wealthy. The other well more or less looked like something he had seen in a comic book. "What all did I drink?" he asked himself as he looked at the two. Thinking that they were just some weirdos dressed up funny, he decided not to ask about their appearance. "Do you know where I can get pizza?" asked Tyler, his speech beginning to slur.

Knightfox

Assuming he was referring to the Tavern keeper, Kitsune nodded in his direction.  A blessed creature she was indeed, with many talents.

"Our host is most gracious, and provides us with whatever we wish for.  I have not been fortunate enough to visit a place such as this in all my years", he said, coughing slightly at the grey mist that seemed to encircle his erstwhile companion.  He had seen such things before of course, but did not partake.  Sake was his only vice, and then only sparingly.  Too many tales of warriors taken in their drunken slumber by the cursed ninja.  He had eaten his last dumpling, leaving two, his belly full and warm.  He could have finished the meal easily, his hunger a living thing, but he did not want to appear a glutton to the woman, and he had, in truth, had his fill.

And if he understood him correctly, Marty was indeed right about her.  She was a sight to behold.  And each time he looked at her, a wave of peace seemed to wash through him, a silent song of joy.  She surely had been blessed by the gods, and although he was unsure of her motives, the feeling of safety and reassurance he had prevented any thoughts of dark intentions.

Kitsune stood, unsure of where she had gone, but the smells drifting through the room told him that another of his wishes had been granted.  Surely there was no end to the surprises this woman was capable of!  Turning to the pinstriped gaijin, he bowed slightly,

"Sir, I will take my leave of you now, I believe our host has prepared even more gifts for us.  If my nose does not mistake me, I have a hot bath to look forward to.  Perhaps we will speak again, but for now, please excuse me", followed by another gentle bow.

As he turned to leave, the door of the tavern swung open and another man entered.  He seemed disoriented and had certainly had too much sake.  His garb, although different to the clothes this Marty wore, were again unfamiliar, his hair tangled as if he hadn't washed for several days, rips in his clothing.  Had he been in a battle?  Kitsune saw no blood.  And what was this pizza he spoke of?  Having already decided to seek out the source of the enticing smells he had discovered, he bowed respectfully to the new arrival.

"Good day Sir, if you will excuse me, I am about to retire," followed by another curt bow.

Turning silently, he padded along a timber corridor, the smell of sake now reaching his finely tuned senses, leading him towards a large panel which he slid open gently.  Within he saw spirals of steam drifting upwards from a large bath, soap bubbles popping softly, the metal gleaming in the low light of the flickering fire.  In another part of the room a large bed, gods be praised!  And the comfort it seemed to offer was another delight to look forward to.  The decoration of the room was immaculate, indistinguishable from any of the fine homes he had visited when paying his respects to the Feudal lords he served.

Making sure to close the panel behind him, Kitsune drew the sheathed swords at his hip from his belt, laying them reverently on a nearby table.  He would be sure to move them closer to the bath before he entered.  Caution always.  And then began the well practiced, almost automatic ritual of removing his armour and robes.  Unlacing each plate one at a time, almost as if a lizard was shedding its scales.  The grime soaked cloth of his under shirt and leggings was a testament to how long had passed since he had last been able to cleanse himself.  Finally, having removed the last of his clothing, leaving it in a pile beside the bath, he lifted himself up and into the steaming water, the heat taking his breath away at first, but, as he gently lowered himself into the warmth, he let out a long, guttural sigh, the scalding liquid immediately soothing his taut muscles.  He sank, the depth of the water more than enough to cover his entire body, his tail flicked to one side, and just lay there, floating, the water soaking his fur, and he could feel his weariness drifting away.

johnny5

Marty looked over at the newcomer as he staggered into the place, he was drunk and by the look of his clothes poor. It was really the jeans, only factory workers wore jeans.  And what was that he asked for Pizza?  Oh wait he must be Italian. It all made sense, the Italian factory workers ate pizza they kept it warm on the radiators during their shifts.  The boy was probably dog tired, and drunk by the look of him.  Marty was feeling unusually charitable, it must have had something to do with this place.  As the fox man was making his leave Marty waved the young man over to the counter.  "I don't know if they got any pizza, but the hooch here is really top shelf"  He leaned over grabbing a fresh pair of shot glasses from behind the bar.  Marty was really starting to feel at home here.  He poured out two nice big shots and offered one to the young man.  "Names Spinelli, Marty Spinelli, and whats yours?"

kobrakid92

He watched the fox person leaved then turned his attention back to the suit who waved him over. Even though he was drunk he remembered his principles and morals. He slowly made his way over to the counter but left an empty seat between the two of them. He folded his arms on the counter and rested his head on his arms, the alcohol starting to wear off. He heard the man introduce himself as Marty. "Tyler." he replied. After a minute he lifted his head back up and looked over at the man then down at the shot glass. He reached out for the shot glass and slowly slid it back over so he didn't spill it. He quickly slammed the shot and took a deep breath afterword then set the shot back on the table. "What is this place? Do you know how to get to Coney Island from here?" asked Tyler.

johnny5

Marty downed the shot quickly as a warm buzz started to spread through him, and he shook his head "You know any other day I'd be able to tell you, this is my first time here too and this place is mighty strange.  Just wait till you see the dame that's running this place, she seems to have a thing for making people happy"  Marty leaned into the counter laying his elbows on it as he savored the image of Eve.  "I Imagine shell be back soon, so what brings you here?"  Marty lit up another cigarette as he chatted with the newcomer.

kobrakid92

Tyler was becoming uncomfortable with this Marty figure talking to him. People like Marty usually didn't talk to people like Tyler. Any other time he might've snapped at someone like Marty trying to talk to him but Tyler's buzz was keeping his normal nature suppressed. "Tryin to get home. Saw The Ramones just a few hours ago and now I'm tryin find a way to Coney Island." replied Tyler. He slowly spun around to take in the view of the room. It had a calming sensation to it but he figured it was just the booze. "Why am I here?'' he asked himself. He looked down at the floor and tried to retrace his steps to getting here but to no avail. "I don't remember anything about getting here." said Tyler bluntly.

Sasha

[Floatleft][/float]
Eve having finished setting up the two rooms returning to find another visitor ........

Eve smiled as she came out of the bed chambers set up for the man stepping out of the prohibition era , he would indeed enjoy the casino style room . Catching sight of the warrior as he entered his chambers ...she tapped the door frame . " Sweet Dreams my mighty warrior friend ....enjoy your bath ....we shall chat later . "  There need be no answer for if the man did not hear her voice as she spoke it ...then he would be informed the very thoughts into his mind . For all that come here were given an opportunity and had a decision to make .

She arrived out of the back room ....and up towards the plates , popping one of the dumplings into her mouth as she chewed and moaned .  " ummmmm ummmmmm "  licking her lips .... " I do so love red bean dumplings . " winking at the two sitting at the bar .  " How was your meal Marty ?  "   putting up an ashtray for his smoke .Cleaning off the plates as she looked over to her new guest.

" A good evening to you ....young man , my name is Eve ...." Turning she seemed to produce a cup of warm java ...." Might I suggest a cup of coffee to help widen awake your mind . You will need to sober up some ifin we are to be discussing anything . "  offering a slight giggle before she moved into the back kitchen area .

Though she not been gone more than 5 min at the most ....and she returned with   a Pizza pie that was in itself a masterpiece , deep dish Chicago style . Oh Lord the peperoni , sausage and cheese along with the roll of that fresh baked yeasty shell . Talk about making your mouth water . Serving him up two slices ...as she picked a peperoni off and popped it into her mouth .... " ummmmmm , sometimes I sincerely love what other people desire . "  giving him a wink . " May I welcome you to the trading post ....seemingly since your a bit intoxicated , I shall be making you a bunk room as well . "  giggling as she wasn't about to waste her time talking to the drunken one . Though the coffee if sipped on would help draw out the alcohol content and indeed the young man needed it .

Turning back to Marty ....." I have drawn you a bath ....and prepared your room for the night . Though your welcome to socialize for as long as you desire . "   

kobrakid92

He turned back around at the sound of footsteps to see a half naked yet oddly dressed woman. She was different which was a good thing but he didn't know her so he was cautious. He slowly sipped at the coffee she had set before him. "Tyler." he replied in response to her giving out her name. "At least staying awake will keep away the hangover." he told himself. When she returned with the pizza the smell of it was the first thing to catch his attention. He looked over at the pizza and followed it until it was put down in front of him. The sight of it alone was mouth watering but add the smell to it and it became the greatest thing ever. He began to slowly eat one of the slices offered to him, savoring the delicious taste. He finished the first slice and looked to Eve."Eve right? This is some good pizza." complimented Tyler. He didn't know her at all except for her name, but she made an awesome pizza and that made her alright in his book.

johnny5

Upon hearing about the room Marty grinned, she'd read his mind yet again.  All the stress of the night suddenly weighed very heavy on him.  "Thanks doll, you're the bee's knees". Marty tipped his hat to Eve.  Looked over at Tyler as he savored his pizza, "Nice meeting you Tyler, I'm going to get a wiggle on but I'll probably see you later." 

Marty quickly made his way to his room eager to rest, his limbs growing more weary with every step.  That is until he opened the door, it was like a luxury sweet at the Sherman.  He just stared drinking in the image, now THIS was living.  Hell if whoever ran this place was looking for a torpedo, he might just have to jump ship and join his organization.  That's when he saw it, the bottle of soft green liquid........absinthe, Eve knew her stuff, he'd get to that later.

Marty quickly undressed stripping off the pinstriped zoot suit and laying it carefully over one of the chairs.  Moving over to the bathroom he noticed the toiletries laid out for his use and let out a low whistle.  "I could get used to this" he said happily as he sank into the tub, the hot water soaking away the pain in his muscles.  He must have been there for a good hour just soaking before getting up. He toweled himself off, shaved, and then fixed his hair, he felt worlds better.

Marty exited the bedroom wearing the plush robe Eve had left for him, now to relax.  He sat down at the table and took hold of the crystal decanter containing the green liquid, he expertly poured it into one of the special glasses left there filling the vaguely heart shaped lower portion.  He placed the decanter back on the table and took hold of one of the silver absinthe spoons, laying the slotted flat spoon over the glass he picked up one of the sugar cubes with his fingers and carefully placed it on top of the spoon.  Now for the other decanter the one with the water.  He gently drizzled the water over the sugar cube and watched with satisfaction as it slowly dissolved into the drink, the liquid turning cloudy and white as the glass slowly filled.  Yea he was going to like it here.

effervescent

Elizabeth

Her legs were burning like fire. She tripped over as she felt her heel break beneath her foot. A jolt of pain shot through her leg. She never thought her life would come to this, one tease too many. Men were used to getting what they wanted, and dear Liz was almost willing to do anything in order to achieve her goals. Michael though, was not a man of importance and was drunk and reeked of  cigarettes. She thought it would be fun to flirt with him and dance. When he offered her a ride home she knew it would be best since it was late and she didn’t want to walk home drunk. It proved to be a mistake though when he pulled the car over. He didn’t know though that she threw a mean punch and Michael was not one who liked the woman to get the upper hand. So there she was running. Running for dear life, because she knew that someone like her ending up dead would just be an ‘unfortunate tragedy that everyone saw coming.’

The fog seemed to come out of nowhere. Nearly blinding her vision, she never thought fog could come out of nowhere. It was almost magic, and she found herself slightly comforted. If she could barely see, then he couldn’t find her. She closed her eyes tightly trying ease the nausea she felt. When she opened them the fog cleared up and she saw a run down looking cabin that read Trading in black letters. The place seemed welcoming enough, anything was better then turning around.

When she walked inside she suddenly felt better. The place took her by surprise. The warmth and the smell of muffins, it’s been so long since she had a chocolate chip muffin. She felt that this place was surreal, but she felt like she belonged there. That this was the one place in the world that she needed to be.

kobrakid92

He watched Marty leave out of the corner of his eye. Once he was out of the room Tyler turned his attention to his second slice of pizza. He slowly ate the second slice then slid the plate forward a bit. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up ten dollar bill. He carefully un-crumpled it and checked it for rips or tears. Seeing there was none he lay the wrinkled ten on the counter to pay for the pizza and coffee. He finished his coffee then slid the cup away from him. He heard a noise coming from the door behind him. He turned around to see a girl that was dressed differently than the other three characters he'd seen so far. He turned back around to face the counter and tried to keep cool with the coffee cleaning his system. "Must be halloween or somethin." said Tyler under his breath. After a minute or so he looked up at Eve. "Thanks again for the pizza. Do you know how to get to Coney Island from here?" asked Tyler.

Sasha

Asmar meet the woman at the door and bowed his head ..." Not to worry my dear ...you are safe within these walls . I assure you . " as his one hand come from around his back he had shoes that were identical to the ones she had on .Well except the heel was not broken ... " I believe you are in need of these . " as his voice was calming . He remained bowed till she took the shoes before he stood upright again .

" Welcome to the Trading Post ....may you find your hearts desire here ....please take a seat near the fire and make yourself presentable . My name is Asmar ....and my lovely counterpart is Eve . " He gave the woman as much space as she needed and allowed for her to soak the situation in .  She had the thought of wanting chocolate chip muffins and would find a basket of them on the stand next to the chair she was directed to . " I shall get you a cup of coffee ...or would you prefer a warm cup of tea with a touch of cream ?"

His one hand shut the front door .....assisting the woman if needed to the chair of course for he was every inch a perfect gentleman . His movements very graceful for a man and it seemed like he almost floated over the floor but that could not be the case ...he was just very swift and silent . His footsteps light . " Oh I am forgetting my place ..." as he knelt down then on one knee and leaned forward some . Taking his hand as he placed it behind the heel of her one foot ...fingers moving to undo the shoe .

His hands worked a soft massage to the heel and worked its way up to the toes ...he spoke not another word just went about his business . His touch however seemed to  have a warming effect that drew out the soreness . Moving then to the other shoe and repeating the process ..his eyes stayed on his work . Then he took the new shoes and placed them onto her feet refastening them . Soon he was standing before her again " I shall return with your beverage .."

Then the man made his way back towards the front counter to retrieve what had been asked for ...smiling at Eve as she was busy answering the question on how to get to Coney Island . Smirking to himself a little as the man was slowly sobering up hopefully he would come to a good understanding of where he was it was unfortunate when they lost their guests . It happened though as they walked out the door without finalizing the business to be had in the place . Wondering around for days or even years in the Fog lost in time terrible waste of energy if you asked him but he was just a humble servant here .

" Evening Sir ....do hope your pizza was filling . "  giving a bow of his head .

Sasha

Quote"Thanks doll, you're the bee's knees"

Eve giggled ...." Indeed  I am darling ...."  as she lifted up onto her tip toes ..the woman's eyes sparkled as she watched the man leave to head back towards his room . " Enjoy the hot bath ....you deserve it . " moving her hands behind her back as her attentions now were concentrating on the rocker boy that seemed to be very into that pizza at the moment .

Before she could really begin the conversation ...it seemed another had moved through the door . She was never going to get anything done if they kept arriving faster than she could get them all settled in . When Asmar appeared though that set her mind at ease . Always wonderful to have a bit of help with things .

Quote"Must be halloween or somethin." said Tyler under his breath. After a minute or so he looked up at Eve. "Thanks again for the pizza. Do you know how to get to Coney Island from here?" asked Tyler.

Eve smiled ...." No Tyler ...Halloween is a wonderful holiday though . The idea of dressing up in various costumes and going door to door for treats does sound like awesome fun . "  as she leaned on the counter and picked up the bill taking a once over of it .  She was taking her time ... " You see sweetheart ...you have entered a place that has no essence of time really . So the guest that arrive here have come from many stations along that realm for the most part . We have a feudal warrior ....and Marty well he is from the age of prohibition or maybe you would know it as the roaring 20's . " she would give a moment for all that to sink in .

Then she would continue some ...." I personally have never been to Coney Island ....but I assure you that once you have determined what it is you desire most you shall be returned to that place . For you see ...you have been selected for the opportunity to fix what you believe might be wrong in your life . One needs to enter the agreement in a whoel mind though without rush ...." 

Asmar ...moved towards them .... "Not to worry though Tyler ....I shall prepare a room for you to sleep it off and ponder the question. " as she reached out to take his plate . Refreshing his coffee some as she prepared to answer any other question he might come up with . 

kobrakid92

"Uh huh." said Tyler. He took a deep breath, trying to comprehend what he was just told. He didn't understand the whole concept of people coming here from reality. He shook his head some and convinced himself that he was still under the effects of some strong alcohol he had drank earlier that night. "I'm asleep on the side of the road. Passed out from partying too hard. None of this is real." he kept telling himself. He looked over at the man that mentioned a room and nodded. "Thanks. I guess." said Tyler. Sleep had to be the way out. Somehow sleeping would give him the shock he needed to wake up from this strange dream. "Do people come here by choice or are they forced? What if someone thinks that there's nothing wrong with their lives?"asked Tyler trying to gain some understanding of this fantasy world.

Knightfox

Even with the water covering his ears, he heard the gentle tapping on the wood frame of the panel door, and although the sounds of her words were muffled and indistinct, in his mind he heard her quite clearly, as if she were stood next to him.  He smiled to himself, now at ease with the mysteriousness of this place.  Not once had he felt threatened or endangered since walking into the tavern, and this woman, this Eve, would certainly rival even the most accomplished geisha.  He wondered what she meant by 'chat later', curious to find out what they would discuss.

Meanwhile, the bath was working it's own magic.  The salts that had been sprinkled in the water, added to the heat, were performing miracles on his weary frame.  Old Injuries, long endured seemed to ease, knotted muscles unwound, the smaller nicks and cuts he had sustained in his last encounter seemed to shrink and disappear before his eyes.  Slowly, every ache, every nerve seemed to ease, soften.  His breaths became longer, deeper.  And for a while, he drifted off. 

His brief slumber did not last, a loud crack from the fire as one of the burning logs spat out a glowing ember brought him quickly to his senses, the water in the bath splashing as his hands gripped the sides suddenly.  Relaxing again once he remembered where he was, Kitsune took up the large bar of soap from a tray nearby and slowly worked it into his fur, quickly creating a soapy lather all over his body.  He stood in the bath, the water dripping from his short, reddy brown fur, rubbing the soap into his tail.  He was soon a foam covered fox, and lowered himself back into the still hot water to rinse the glinting suds away.  His fur squeaked gently as he did so, looking glossy for the first time in months.

Once he had rinsed the last bubble from himself, he lifted out of the large metal tub and stepped onto the soft matted floor.  Taking a large fluffy towel from several piled against the wall, he then spent some time rubbing it vigorously over his body, working all the wetness out of him.  A quick glance at the colour of the bathwater told him exactly how much he'd needed that.  Wrapping the towel around his midriff, Kitsune padded through the impressively large room to a table close to the fire.  A decanter sat there, with cups, and he poured himself a generous measure of sake whilst he warmed himself near the flames, careful not to let the pops and cracks of the escaping motes of burning wood jump into his fur.

Taking a mouthful of his drink and letting it slide slowly down his throat, he turned toward the large bed. A circular affair, thick cushions and crisp white sheets adorning it.  Setting down his glass, he walked over and lay himself down, resting on his back, his body melting into the softness of the thing.  Surely not even the Emperor himself knew such luxury! Bending his arms, clasping his hands behind his head, he breathed deeply, soaking in the opulence of his situation, and wondering what was to happen next.

Sasha

Eve smiled and moved out from behind the bar as she had another room to prepare ...she tapped Tyler's arm as Asmar spoke to him . Then headed back out of sight  as she opened another door and entered into the room ...first moving to make sure the bed was perfect . Course the scene viewed out the window would be whatever the occipant expected in this case she imagined Coney Island . As it changed before her eyes and she smiled . " So that is what the place looks like ....very nice ...thank-you master . "  she spoke softly into the room .

The hues were dark chocolate brown with interesting art pieces that added the bright colors here and there ...the bath a jacuzzi style and the fireplace was bit more modern with the cool flickering of different colored flames . The best part of this room was the grand piano ....and the small sound proof room .  Guitars were mounted on the walls and it was very comforting atmosphere for those with a musical talent . A coffee pot was set to brew ...and various cookies and sweets were on a platter to offer the sugar required to raise the energy level . Least in the morning the young man would not have a hangover to deal with .

As with the others Eve filled the jacuzzi tub ....and turned on the jets , setting up the towels and that which would be required for his stay .

"Do people come here by choice or are they forced? What if someone thinks that there's nothing wrong with their lives?"asked Tyler trying to gain some understanding of this fantasy world.

Asmar bow his head ..." Wonderful question Sir ...they are selected by a higher power . Most seem to be at a crossroads in their life where little hope of changing things is available . Running from a situation or just about to walk into one that has dire consequences . This is an opportunity to change that ....and indeed one does have the choice to turn down what is offered ...as long as they know what they desire first before leaving here . Time is given in comfort to contemplate that . " 

Reaching over the man refilled his coffee ..." It is a difficult concept to grasp ...but indeed the Trading Post has existed since the beginning of time . Sleep well my young friend and enjoy the room provided for you . "  once again lowering his head to give the lad a bit  of respect before moving back to the sweet lady in distress . Her plight prior to coming here infuriated him , how dare a man step out of the role of being a gentleman .

effervescent

Elizabeth

She could not believe the wonder and splendor of this place. Then a man approached her, honestly he intimidated her a little bit. His eyes were as dark as the night skies, but the stars seemed to glisten in them. His smile was a bit crooked, but something inside of her told her that he could be trusted. Then he did the one thing girls love, giving her a shoe. She was ecstatic, because she used half a paycheck for them. Nothing better then heels to make your calves shapely.

“Coffee black please.” She said to him as he removed her shoes and put them back on. Full service here, exactly what she needed. That’s when she noticed the muffins, and she barely realized that he disappeared to help someone else. “Oh this is Heaven.” She whispered to herself as she took a bite of the muffin. It was delicious and melted in her mouth. It tasted exactly like the muffins her mother used to make for her before her father died. A girl could get used to this.

Knightfox

His thoughts drifted as he lay on the impossibly comfortable bed, his body relishing the feel of clean sheets against his now soft fur.  The sake had warmed him further, every inch of him now clean, calm, well fed and relaxed.  However, the gentle peace that had settled over him did not last long.  Images floated through his mind as he reminded himself of the reason he was on this path.  A sudden, fierce rage rose within him, causing his lips to lift in a near growl, baring the glinting teeth behind them.  The band of weasels had delayed him further, and although this place was a welcome, if not needed, distraction, he knew he would not stay long.  The force that drove him on still beat strongly within him, his rage, and his guilt, feeding it.  Faces drifted past his minds eye, familiar and welcome.  Each one sending a pang of loss through him.  It was time.  The debt was long overdue, and it was to be repaid, very soon.

Kitsune had not always been samurai.  His life as a cub was full of happiness and carefree days, his family close and caring.  His father, a farmer in the paddy fields, was strong, honourable and kind.  The love he showed Kitsune's mother was true and pure, unfettered by the expectations of behaviour and society.  He did not expect her to wait on him as most other women in his village did on their husbands.  He helped in the house, even after long days in the fields, feet sore and blistered from standing in water all day, despite the protection his pads and fur gave him.  And he encouraged this behaviour in his son, teaching him the values of respect and honour, but without the assumption that women were to be taken for granted.

It had been a day like any other, his father leaving the ramshackle bamboo hut they called home before dawn, lovingly cared for and kept clean by his mother.  The fields were not far from the village, and Kitsune often played within sight of his father as he worked, using branches from the nearby trees to challenge his friends to battles.  Their village was one of many under the protection and ownership of a popular but weak Lord, and his Samurai would often be seen riding through on their way to or from his castle.  That day, thrusting and parrying with his wooden 'katana', Kitsune was puzzled by the arrival of large clouds on the horizon.  They were neither white nor grey, and they seemed to cling to the ground, drifting with some speed.  As the clouds drew nearer, he realised they were following the dirt track that lead towards the castle just a days walk away.  The sound then reached his ears, quietly at first and then, as it drew nearer, the rising sound of thunder.  And there, in the brown dust of the billowing cloud he saw.  Hundreds of Samurai on horseback, but not clothed in armour he recognised. 

Sudden screams from the far side of the village, the quick movements of foxes flitting between huts and trees, and then his father ran past him, water and mud trailing behind him, snatching him up as if he were a bag of flour and running to their home.  As they neared, he saw his mother's face, pale, scared and wondered what it was that was making her so frightened.  Passing him to her, his father rushed inside to return moments later with something he rarely saw, as it was a hidden thing, a secret thing.  He had found it once, and had been scolded severely for doing so.  His father had said something about it being outlawed or forbidden, and that bad things would happen to him should anyone know he had it in his possession.  This length of black ebony, seemingly no break in it's surface was now in his father's hands.  With one swift movement, he drew a shining length of steel from within it's sheath, the sun catching on it's surface, making Kitsune squint.

"Take him, hide, run to the caves!", his father almost whispered to his mother, her eyes wide.  He could feel her shaking as her arms gripped him tightly.  He wrapped his free arm around her, brought her close and kissed her, a long, lingering kiss, his mother gripping the cloth of his shirt tightly as he did so.  And as he pulled away from her, she would not let go, her fingers wrapped in the folds.

"No, no, Hideko, no! Don't! I don't want to lose you!", her voice filled with sobs, loss, knowing well that her words would go unheeded.

He turned, gave her a calm, peaceful look, a gentle smile,

"I will always be with you Nanami, wherever you are", and with those words, he threw his scabbard to the floor and, with a few of the other men of the village who had also armed themselves, ran toward the storm of horses that approached.

kobrakid92

Running away or about to walk into something. The way Tyler understood it, that's what brought him here. As he sat there sipping at his coffee he did his best to replay the last few years of his life over in his head. From when his parents disowned him and he left up till last night. Memories long forgotten began to rush to the front of his mind as he tried to find the reason he was here. "I'm not running from anything. What could I possibly be walking into? All I was doing was trying to get home?" Tyler said to himself. None of it made any sense to him. He had trouble believing in the so called higher power as religion was a waste of time and a lie to him. The more he thought about it, the less he understood the whole thing. He quickly shook his head and looked down at his hand to see it gripped tightly around the coffee cup about to shatter it. He quickly released his almost death grip on the cup and breathed slowly. Now was not the time nor the place to unleash his rage.

He pushed the cup away from him and got up from his seat and stretched some. He turned and looked back at the newest arrival who looked to be out of place just like everyone else. He walked pass the two and over to a window and looked outside into the fog. Apparently he had the chance to get what he always wanted by staying. But what if he didn't know what he wanted, could he then simply up and leave? It was all a mystery to him, a mystery that made him on edge.

Sasha

Asmar smiled as he could see the wheels turning in Tyler's head indeed it was a pondering situation and he seemingly had been given enough information for now to start his way down memory lane . Some took longer than others and sometimes the light bulb just went off in their head and the knowledge of what they most desired to change appeared to them . 

With a cup of coffee in his hand the older man made his way over towards the dark haired beauty that had such a horrid experience  before coming here . " Your coffee my dear ...."  motioning to a chair across the way ...." Mind if I sit and enjoy a bit of conversation with you my lady ?" He would wait of course for the invitation to be granted . Watching as Tyler moved to look out the window into the thick fog that surrounded the place . Part of him was hoping the boy didn't wonder back out into the fog but alias no one would stop the man .

Smiling back at the lady ...." I assure you this is not heaven my dear ....just a side stop along the way that offers a gift and ticket back to the world from which they came . Sometimes you see individuals are selected to be given a second chance and you have had enough turmoil in your life so what you truly desire above all else ...we shall grant you . " as he folded his hands and placed them on his lap .

Eve returned from the back room ....having prepared the bedchambers for Tyler . The woman moved to  his side as he was leaned up against the window it seemed looking out into the fog . " Looking for answers in the fog ...Tyler ?"   as the woman reached up and placed a hand on his arm . " I assure you they are not there more inside you at the moment . It is natural to wonder and debate things and we have no issues with those wishing to take their time to make that ultimate discussion. "  as she let her hand roll down his arm the woman's voice soft and calming . 

She would step back to give the man some room ...." I have prepared you a room ....to contemplate things and rest for the night , whenever you are ready . " as she would bow once again giving the young man his space to consider the options that had been laid before him . 

kobrakid92

Feeling Eve's hand on his arm made him jump a little. Something about her voice made him calm. He was still unsure about this whole thing. As he stared into the fog trying to figure it out he felt her hand roll down his arm. Her mentioning of a room brought some ease to his mind. Surely some sleep would help out if not wake him up from this. He stood at the window for a few more minutes after Eve walked away. He then walked into the back to where his room was. The sight of it was unbelievable. The bed was a bit nice for his taste but there's nothing wrong with sleeping good every once in a while. While the decor of the room was amazing what really caught his attention was the view out the window. He walked over to his and placed his hand on the window and stared into the Coney Island neighborhood. "Home. I must be dreaming now. I'm sure that after I sleep I'll wake up somewhere with this view." he told himself.

He had to pull himself away from the window as the view was starting to make him a little homesick. He went to the bathroom and set his eyes on the jacuzzi. Deciding that he needed to relax he walked over to it and turned on the jets. He slowly removed his clothes then climbed into the jacuzzi and relaxed. As he sat there feeling the water coat his body more memories began to rush forward again. He remembered how in school he was a prodigy. He excelled in music his reading and writing classes. He remembered that he wanted to be an author or musician when he grew up but his parents wanted him to be a businessman or a lawyer. That just didn't sit right with him and him and his parents would argue about it all the time. So much anger built up then he discovered punk. With its music he was able to express himself and enjoy music.

The next thing that rushed to mind was the last time he saw his parents. They were having yet again another argument except this one led to him leaving. "You're going to go to college and get a successful job. I don't care what you say that's final!" yelled his father. "No I'm not. Its my life, not yours. I make my own decisions. I don't care what you want me to do. Get over it!" Tyler yelled back. "Well if that's the way its gonna be then you can just leave. I mean look at you, ripped jeans and shirts, that mohawk, you're a mess.!" yelled his father. "Fine I will. You angry old pathetic waste of space!" yelled Tyler as he slammed the door to his house shut. He expected them to call the cops but they never did. He never went back to school and lived on the street until he made a few friends in the punk scene and got his life back together. He never saw his parents again.

effervescent

Elizabeth

He came back with the coffee that smelt delicious. She took a sip, it was a dark roast, her favorite. She didn’t understand how all of this was possible. She never believed in a world of magic, and that’s when she knew that she must be dreaming or maybe she was dead and this was purgatory.  She listened to him explain but she still did not full understand. A part of her did not care to understand. What did this man want in return though. In life she learned that you did not get something for nothing. She crossed her long slender legs and looked into his eyes, those dark eyes that seemed to hold years of wisdom.
She did not want to look a gift horse in the mouth. She knew that she was a guest here and that she should just smile and be grateful for just being able to stay here. She pursed her lips together and then gave him a small smile. A few questions wouldn’t hurt anything. After all he did say he want to sit here and have a conversation, so why not have a conversation with a few questions?

“Yes, I know that this is not heaven…but from my view it’s just is. So, how much does staying here a night cost?” She asked while she fingered the strap of her green purse. She didn’t make much at her job, she probably only had about five dollars on her. To be waited on hand and foot is probably going to cost a lot more than 5 dollars. She needed to stay here though. This place felt like it was where she needed to be. She felt like she was going to get everything she wanted here and from what he was saying it sounded like she would.

Sasha

Asmar smiled as the woman asked a question and seemed to be looking in her purse to see how much money she had on her . " Oh my dear ...your in luck for hospitality is free here . In fact you may stay as long as needed to regroup yourself and determine what it is you most desire to have before leaving . There is no rush in these things for you shall only be receiving one chance at getting it right . Those are the rules set down way before the concept of time . I am just a servant here to ensure things run as smoothly as possible . " 

Looking over to Eve as he lifted his hand ....and seemed to twirl a finger . Eve from across the way nodded and moved into the back room to prepare another room . They were going to have quite a guest list in the morning for breakfast at this rate . A small giggle escaped as she skipped back and opened up another door. Closing her eyes as she tried to imagine what would be most appreciated by the respectable woman in the front room . When she opened them she was amazed to find steps that lead downwards into a beautiful paradise. The bed on the other side of the steps matched the same decor with the strips and large pink pillows , even had a draped canopy that made it private .

Eve giggled ..." Oh my this is lovely ...." skipping into the bathing chambers she stopped when she laid eyes on the pink tub. Hopefully the woman will indeed enjoy this noting the beautiful dress that was laid out on the chair . It did seem the one she had on was ripped a little . Poor girl ...as she sighed and moved to prepare the bath . Everything made just as perfect ...even a fine bottle of wine put on ice with a bit of fancy chocolates on a plate .

Soon she would return then ...having allowed time for Asmar and the girl to chat if need be ...interrupting.  " Forgive me ....but your room is ready . " doing a small curtsy as she would then also retire for the night . Asmar would be able to direct the woman to her room if need be .

The next morning the smells of bacon frying ....would make its way throughout the building . A nice buffet was set up for breakfast ....with scrambled eggs , homemade biscuits and gravy ,  bacon , sausage , pancakes with a couple kinds of syrup even those with a bit of fruit in it and of course pastries for the sweet tooth . Asmar would be behind the bar to offer Tea ...coffee to any who required it .

Eve entered the bed chambers of Kitsune with a tray of breakfast for the man . She was singing in his native language as she moved to the small table and began to set everything up for him . Having decided to join the man this morning . She lowered herself onto a pillow and waited for him to arrive though she was dressed the same as the night before .

kobrakid92

Once he was done bathing he climbed out of the tub and dried off. Once he was dry he put his boxers and pants back on and put his shirt on the bed. He walked over to the grand piano and sat down on the bench and places his fingers on the keys. He sat and thought about what to play and remembered the basics he had learned in his music class. He played a few simple chords such as G, C, A, and so on until he remembered the first song he learned to play on piano. He thought back to The Beatles song "Let It Be" and tried to remember how it went. It took him a few tries to remember how it went but he finally got it right and began to play the piano part of the song. As he played he hummed the words for the song. Once he finished the song he decided it was time to sleep and hopefully end this dream. He went over to his bed and pulled back the blankets and sheet then crawled into bed. He pulled the covers over him and fell asleep almost instantly.

He awoke to the smell of bacon filling the room. Thinking that he was in his apartment in Coney Island, he sat up and stretched and rubbed his eyes. "Some dream that was." he told himself. He then remembered his roommates John and Stacy. "Wait. John and Stacy don't cook." he said as he slowly opened his eyes. He looked around the room to see that it was the room that Eve had prepared for him the night before. "Damn it." he said in a sad tone. He slowly crawled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and his stomach took a turn for the worse. He immediately knelt over the toilet and threw up. Once he finished he chuckled some. "A bit late aren't we." he told himself. Not even five seconds after speaking he threw up again and continued for the next ten minutes. Once he was done he flushed and went back out into his room and saw the coffee pot. He drank a few cups to get the taste of vomit out of his mouth.

Once he felt better he went and put his shirt and shoes on then went out into the main room of the trading post. The sight of the food made his stomach churn. He groaned slightly and looked away. He sat down at the bar where Asmar was at and put his head down on his arms. "Coffee please." said Tyler. He was happy that he didn't have a hangover to add to his morning.

Knightfox

The soft lilting voice sang a tune familiar to him, something from his childhood he was sure.  But wait. I am asleep?  Opening his eyes, Kitsune found himself still laid on the bed, the towel from the night before still wrapped around him. The sake, and his tiredness, must have crept up on him and stolen him away, the land of dreams wanting his company.  As he slowly became aware of his surroundings, his ears pricked, followed by a twitch of his nose.  He could hear her breath, silent to most others, but clearly heard by Kitsune's sharp hearing, and the smell of her, her scent.  He rolled over on his side to find her laid there, propped on a pillow.  He would be abashed normally, but this place, this woman who had disarmed him completely.  And yet more smells, this time coming from a delicious arrangement of foods on the small table by the window.

"Good morning my lady", he said, sitting up.  "You are well?  I have to both thank and congratulate you for all your hard work. This place truly is a wonder to behold". Bowing his head, he then wondered why this strange, yet oddly beautiful woman lay next to him, what had he done to deserve such an honour?

Rolling over

effervescent

Elizabeth woke up and was happy to see that all of this wasn’t a dream. A part of her was afraid that when she awoke that she would find herself back in her plain and drab bedroom. Instead she awoke to her dream room. Huge king sized canopy bed with the softest green sheets. A dark brown leather couch long enough for her to lay on. A bear skin rug on the floor, something she always wanted, but could never afford, and a cedar bookshelf filled with her favorite authors. Elizabeth loved to read. She ran her fingers over the spine of the books with a small smile on her pink lips. She went over to the bathroom which was equally as elaborate as her bedroom and she brushed her teeth and brushed out her hair.

She headed out towards the smell of bacon and coffee. “Can I please have a coffee with two sugars and cream, and can I also have a few slices of delicious bacon that I am smelling.” She said with a laugh. “Also wouldn’t mind having a few pancakes with maple syrup if you please.” There was one thing about Elizabeth, she definitely had an appetite when she first woke up. She always believed in the importance of having a good breakfast.

Sasha

QuoteHe sat down at the bar where Asmar was at and put his head down on his arms. "Coffee please." said Tyler.

Asmar had to chuckle ...not that he was taking any great pleasure in the young man's discomfort but the tone of complete heartfelt despair with those actions and the hope that fresh coffee would rectify things ...well , it touched the man .  " Indeed my man ....there are mornings when the clinging to a cup of java to hold ones life together is needed . My apology for the chuckle it was more with you in understanding than anything else . " as he poured the boy a nice large cup of the freshly brewed coffee .... " Cream , sugar ....or do you prefer the hearty taste of the rich brew in it's solitude state." 

Before Tyler could answer another breath of fresh air filled the room as the woman from the night earlier arrived dressed for breakfast , sleep it seemed had done wonders.

Quote“Can I please have a coffee with two sugars and cream, and can I also have a few slices of delicious bacon that I am smelling.” She said with a laugh. “Also wouldn’t mind having a few pancakes with maple syrup if you please.”

Indeed the woman seemed cheerful and with a working knowledge of what pleased her ...as he bowed his head . " Of course my dear ....though ...you might wish to sit a bit down from our good man Tyler here as I am not sure the lad is feeling the warmth of the day just yet . " giving her a wink as he filled another coffee cup ..adding a little cream with two sugar cubes as asked for . Then he would slip out from behind the bar and head over to the buffet to gather the two flapjacks asked for smothering them in fresh butter and syrup and a nice portion of bacon on the side .

Soon the man was back sitting the plate before her ...." Enjoy ...it seems the coming of the dawn has lifted your spirits my lady. " 

Quote"Good morning my lady", he said, sitting up.  "You are well?  I have to both thank and congratulate you for all your hard work. This place truly is a wonder to behold".

Eve giggled some as she lifted a cup of tea to her lips and sipped it ...she even blushed some as this strange creature had such a knack for expression. " Oh tis your wonderful creative mind no less that has aided in the gifts given in this place . I do ask forgiveness for intruding on your private time ...but you intrigue me and my curiosity has gotten the better of this humble servant . "  sipping the tea to let some time pass before she continued .

" I wonder ...Kitsune about the steps in life you have chosen , the one thing we are not permitted to do is change the course of time prior to the moment of your arrival . Meaning ...we can not grant something in the past to of not taken place . For you see everything that has happened to you and those around you have intermingled to make you whom you currently are . I sense a burning fire inside of you that fuels your determination but yet it also sets your path to your own destruction. What amazes me is ...that I sense you know this but yet ...you continue forward . Why ?"  moving to enjoy a bit of food as she listens to his reply using the chop sticks quite well to add the perfect amount of spice to make the meal most enjoyable .

The woman may of even moaned at the taste of the sweet bean mixture inside the dumpling as it warmed her very soul .

johnny5

Marty woke up with a languid yawn. He'd had the craziest dream. Jimmy had gone and stolen a whole truckload of gin from Giuseppe Masseria's boys and well like everything Jimmy did it ended up bad. Full on tommy gun bad. He remembered a woman in a bell dancer outfit and a guy in a fox costume? Oh wait, the absynthe he thought remembering the heady spirits, that must be it. He got up a took stock of his surroundings, to call them posh would have been an understatement. He must Have done something right to have ended up with digs like these. That's when he noticed the distinctive aroma of fresh bacon, a smell that immediately sent his stomach to rumbling. He quickly made his way to the bathroom and availed himself of the toiletries there. He didn't want to disrespect whoever was paying for this by looking disheveled. He showered, shaved, and slicked back his coal black hair before slipping into the freshly pressed suit that was waiting for him. "Now let's see what smells so good" he said to himself as he exited his room. Following the hallway he came to the common area. He nodded at the boy in the jeans hunched over his coffee and felt the pangs of sympathy, he'd been there before hangovers were a bitch. A few seats down was a young woman. Judging by her clothes she had to be with someone with money, maybe even his unknown host. Strange he couldn't remember who that was...oh well Marty was sure it would come to him eventually. He did tip his hat at the young lady, no reason to be rude after all then turned to the attendant. "Bacon and eggs, sunny side up if you will, I'd be much obliged."

kobrakid92

Tyler shook his head at the offering at any additions to the coffee. The bitterness of black coffee fought of the drowsiness of sleep and woke him up faster. The whole not feeling good issue he knew would pass with time. Tyler just wasn't really a morning person to begin with. He ignored Asmar's chuckle and took the cup of coffee before him. "No problem." he managed to say. He sipped at the hot coffee until he fully came to. Once he finished the cup he looked around to see the woman from the night before and the suit named Marty. He thought back to the previous day and remembered the fox looking person and wondered where he was. He shrugged figuring he was still asleep.

Knightfox

He smiled at the question she posed.  Of course, to anyone who had not travelled the same path as he, his motives would seem strange, his headlong descent into chaos seemingly a futile attempt at petty revenge.  But it was much more than that.

"My lady, I do not expect you to understand.  I am samurai.  Our duty is our reason for being.  Without it we are nothing.  I do not do the bidding of my master on this journey, the duty I have sworn to keep is mine own, and nought but my death will prevent me from paying back the debt I owe, no matter the odds."

He reached to the heat of the pot, pouring himself some of the dark coloured liquid, his senses filled with its aroma, as well as the sweet blossom that seemed to float in the air whenever she appeared.  Bringing the cup to his lips with both hands, he drank of the scalding fluid, warmth and flavour flooding his mouth and throat.  The tea lifted him, permeating his core, and he turned back to the vision laid before him, smiling gently to himself at the soft noises escaping her throat as she ate from the tray of food she had provided.

"And you are mistaken if you feel you are intruding, your company is a most......pleasant distraction.  I do not remember a time when I have been the guest of a host more gracious or hospitable as you, or one so beautiful, if you'll excuse my bluntness," this last part said with a slight bow.  He did not wish to offend the woman, but seemed happy to share this moment with her.  Female company of any kind was rare, and his instinct told him that this was an experience unlikely to happen to him again.

Sasha

Asmar turned and noticed that Marty had come to join them ....and the man had dressed up nicely that was indeed noticed as he looked the alpha man up and down . " Well I must say ...Marty ....you are indeed a man that has the ability to draw the respect out of a room . The choice of wardrobe just amplifies that my man indeed you seem to have a command about you . " making a few noises as he shook his head meaning his compliment to be taken well .

" An order of bacon and eggs sunny side up ...on the way .."  pouring him a good cup of java as well .... " Sit take a load off ..." as he tapped the bar area and then moved out around it to get the plate of grub for the well dressed up and coming mafia man of the hour.  Asmar loved his type to be honest the thrill of the take all attitude with a commitment to have two lives one to show the public , the other behind closed doors . What dastardly deeds this one might achieve when he returns back into the world a self made man of the hour the grin widened . Asmar loved the building of a true head of the family and changing the course of things . Monkey wrenches were so much fun to toss out into the timeline anyways .

The man almost skipped if a man does such things ...maybe it was just a feeling that was created as he went to work making the man's plate ...adding some toast to the order as well .  Soon he would return and serve it with a slight bow at the waist . " You meal Sir .."

Moving then to re-fill any coffee cup that needed it ...

effervescent

Elizabeth

Her spirits definitely were lifted. She really wanted to stay in this place forever, even though she knew that wasn’t possible. She had a real life to go back too, a life where people were probably missing her. She didn’t want to think about that though. She desperately needed this mini vacation, and she was definitely planning on enjoying every second of it.

“Thank you.” She said as she took a sip of her coffee that was made to perfection. She took a moment to look around the room and the other people in it. They looked so different from her, dressed differently. She wondered where they were from, but they quite honestly kind of intimidated her. She knew that this was a safe place though. She felt that nothing could go wrong here.

Jeffrey

Archie hurled himself the last five feet to the foxhole, airborne for a full beat, as enemy fire zipped by the  right side of his face, almost bristling the four day growth on his cheek,  till gravity weighed him back down to earth and he hit the crevice of the six foot deep foxhole with a teeth rattling thud. The rapid tat a tat tat of the machine gun fire now blessedly over head and out of range hailed over him with the same single minded veracity that a lioness has as she goes in for the kill of an infant wildebeest, there is no pity in the hunt, only a mission. The Captain crouched to make himself as small as the atoms he was comprised of would allow and then tried to drag oxygen through his nostrils soundlessly, though he was sure the Jerrys could hear the thunderous pounding of his petrified heart, even through the heavy layers of his army issue uniform and the insulation of muddy earthen walls around him.

The summer showers had been relentless, even now, as a band of murderous Nazi's tried to snuff the Captain and Privates Pierce, Jacobson, Valenti and Harding out of existence, the rain poured down pitilessly and neutral to the discomfort of allies and enemies alike in natures obligation to wash the earth of its grim.

Here, in this living hell Archie had been suspended in for the past twenty four days, there was no right or wrong, up was down and down was up, the mission was survival, no matter what anyone told you. Assignments were doled out, which usually involved going from point A to point B any damn way you could without getting your head blown off.  The country side was littered with snipers, land minds and disenfranchised squads of Germans trying to maintain a strong hold or flee a battle they had already lost.  The air was thick with terror, a shroud that tore at the sanity of every soldier allied and enemy alike.

Vacant sable colored eyes stared at the Captain who was frozen as he gaped back with a horrified cornflower blue gaze of his own at the dead private sharing his hiding place.  The soldier sharing safety with Archie was just a boy, a smattering of fawn colored peach fuzz grazed his chin and upper lip and no more and now with a hole in his chest the size of the Captain's fist, the boy was dead for all eternity.  The sallow hue of death covered the boy only vaguely, he'd likely only been dead a few hours.  According to Mr. Roosevelt and Congress, at eighteen, you were more than fit to die for your country. God bless America.  Archie was pondering the irony of how he'd missed the corpse of his brother in arms when he plunged to safety, when he realized that the machine gun that had been terrorizing him and his men was now silent.  Deathly quiet.  The rain was the only ambient sound about them, as though even the birds themselves had been hushed by the assault on their sanctuary.

He waited. One minute, then two, two turned into ten and ten to twenty as time slipped by as the solitude engulfed the Captain and soothed him all at the same time. Archie reached distractedly with his fingers for the locket that had dangled from a chain around his neck till the absence reminded him that cruelty of chance and war had snatched it from his possession some weeks before.  He pushed the pang of emptiness from his thoughts and cleared his mind of his fear and instead welcomed a much needed reverie of his wife, Faith. He summoned her from the place she occupied in his heart and mind, wrapping the memory of her around him, calming him, as only she could. His Faith.  Archie might have stayed there for days, remembering his life as it once was, if the halo of fog hadn't crept over the opening of his hiding place and seemed to beckon him from his hideaway.

The Captain pulled himself quietly from the dugout only to be encased by the fog. The ominous silence continued and enveloped him even further.  He could see nothing more than a few inches from his face, the fog thick and opaque to view, if any of his men were alive out there, the German's could be too, so he exercised caution, remembering Faith's last words to him, as he so often did, still echoing in his ears, “Just come home to me, Archie.”  He made a measured and quiet progress toward a break in the haze, it was like a portal from the mist.  As he stepped through he found himself standing in front of a ramshackle building that read TRADING in bold black letters on the awning over the porch that led to the weathered planked front door. Pushing his helmet back off his forehead, Archie pivoted his weary body to find the murky haze still behind him and then returned his curiosity to the tattered building before him.  He was dreaming, that's all it was, he reasoned, he was certain of it.  A faint smile played at the corner of his lips, sleep was often the only escape from the torture of war, if his mind had conjured this place up for him to have a respite from the day, so be it. And with that thought, Archie stepped onto the porch, his muddy tank boots testing the fitness of the boards under his feet with a creaking whine, and grabbed the smooth brass handle of the door with his dirty right hand and twisted, pushing the door ajar tentatively, he stepped over the threshold of what he was sure was nothing more than a pleasant slumbering hallucination.

O's and O's / A's and A's / Current Stories / Story Ideas / Posting Updates
Currently my post response time is ridiculously slow and I'm just lucky I have partners who are so understanding

Sasha

[Floatleft][/float]
Eve finishing her time with Kitsune in his room ..leaving him with much to contemplate.

Eve could tell the man spoke the truth though it always frustrated her when one was so hell bent on their own destruction as if the simple act of giving his life in the name of something made him whole . Yet she would never voice those thoughts to one who held so deeply to his moral fiber . Maybe just this break from it all might bring a shared sense of peace . So it seemed he would not be asking for any return to a small village to live out the remainder of his life in the same ways as his father had once did . Sipping the tea ...

She smiled up at him ..." I was born to serve you know ...and in that task I have found enjoyment and cherish such moments as these when one so set in their ways and with great strength of mind are brought to know a small sample of peace. May all the steps of your life be your own."  as the tea was finished in her cup the woman moved to stand up from the bed . " I am only an extension of the true host here but your words bring great joy to my heart . Please choose your gift wisely that you take from this place Kitsune . " as she placed a box down on the bed and leaned forward and placed a soft kiss to his forehead. Enclosed was a vile that could be drank if he so desired and the note inside would explain it all . He would only have to speak out his desire and drink then the man would be returned to the world from which he came with the new insight and power asked for .

The woman would pull away slowly and offer that low bow once again as the choice before the man was to be made solely by him . And with a soft curtsy she turned towards the door to leave him to his thoughts as she wondered if he would accept the gift or return to the world as he came to face life on his own merits .

< Please roll the dice if your character chooses to accept  ...using the Dice Bot .... 1D10 or 1 dice , 10 sides, your character must match or beat my roll . >

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d10
Comment: roll against Kitsune
Result: 8,
Total: 8

Sasha

Asmar glanced up and over to the door as the military man entered the building as he squared his shoulders a bit and moved out from behind the bar to greet the man . "Morning ...Sir , may I assure you that you have entered a safe haven from the likes of where you have stepped out of . Breakfast is served ..." his steps were slow and the man carried himself in a non-threatening manner . Noting the new guest was dust covered a little and might like to wash up some before eating . " Oh where are my manners these days ....of course you might wish to freshen up a bit before joining the others . "

Bowing to him ..." I am Asmar ...at your service Sir , please forgive my oversight . "  as he held his lowered position and then stood back up ...."If you would so kindly follow me ."  with a wave of his hand that stirred the air offering a calming effect to the war torn veteran . The man's weapons would not work in this place as bloodshed simply was not allowed here . Asmar would wait only long enough to make sure the man was following as he made his way to a door and opened it for the man . " Take all the time you need to freshen up and change out of your uniform. I shall have a warm cup of joe waiting on you . All can be explained then as to where you are . " putting one hand behind him now as he offered the confused man a soft pat on the arm .

As Archie would soon find himself in a bathroom facility fit for a king to freshen up in ..with a changing area and opened closet that had several options of civilian clothing to change into. Strangely enough everything was perfect in size almost tailored to fit. 

kobrakid92

Hearing the sound of the door opening Tyler turned around to see a soldier that looked like he'd been walking through a swamp or something. As if things weren't odd enough as they were. He turned back around to the bar and chuckled as Asmar showed the new guest to his room. There was a man from the twenties, a fox looking person, some lady he had yet to talk to, a soldier, and then there was himself. He shook off the feeling of being out of place as everyone looked different and surely had to feel the same way. "More coffee please." said Tyler. He looked over at the woman who he hadn't spoke to. "So where are you from?" he asked curiously.

Jeffrey

Archie's unshaven face surfaced from the steaming bath water he'd been submerged in.  He hadn't had a a shower in a month, and a bath, he couldn't remember how long it had been since he'd soaked his aching muscles and dead tired bones. He rested the nape of his wet neck against the rim of the tub as ringlets of water trickled over his forehead, plotting a course past his brows and down to his stubbled cheek as his partially immersed jaw clenched lightly while his tattered mind tried to make some sense of where he was and why it all seemed so real?

Surely he was dreaming, it was the only explanation? But why did it feel so real? He could see the steam rising from the water surrounding him and see the small tsunami of ripples that the rise and fall of his chest made, fanning out and lapping at where his big feet pressed against the enamel coating of the ornate claw footed bath that the Captain was currently occupying.

His mind churned on, and what about the man who greeted him, Anwar, no, Asbar or something like that, who looked more like a sultan who read fortunes from a circus he and Faith had gone to one July fourth, than a servant or Maitre'd.  And why did this place make him so calm? A dream never felt this real before? Not that he remembered. Then a horrible thought crossed his mind, his jaw clenched tight and his breath stopped for a moment, maybe he was dying or dead even, maybe this is what happened when you were crossing over, your mind took you to a happy place, a place of solitude, where you weren't afraid or regretful, just passing away? Time ticked slowly, one one thousand, two one thousand , three one thousand, as he mulled over the possibility of his demise.  Then blessedly his stomach growled with the voraciousness of a hungry lion and jarred Archie from his cryptic musings. Did dead men get hungry? And hadn't the wafting of frying bacon made his mouth water when he'd entered the building?

Archie hoisted himself up on the rounded edges of the tub with his pruned hands, as water shed down like a waterfall from his thin body, always slim, he'd lost at least ten pounds since he'd  hit the beach at Normandy on D-day. Meals were always cold and infrequent, they were lucky to get c-rations once a day, seemed the powers that be had underestimated how to keep their troops alive, let alone with the basic necessitates of survival. He grabbed a fluffy white towel from the rail, the bathroom was something he'd expect to find in the Ritz, nothing he could ever afford in his wildest imagination. His mind crept back to wonder as he toweled his body dry and then wrapped the thick cloth around his waist, pausing at the double basin vanity and peered into the mirror at his reflection and then said to himself, in his soft Georgian drawl, “..if this is what dead looks like, it's not pretty.”

He could see the crumpled mess of his uniform on the floor in the mirror as he brushed his teeth, tired blue eyes glanced over to the closet and could see fresh clothing as Aksper, no Adfar, whatever his name was, had said it would be. He rinsed his mouth with fresh clean water from the sink, something he'd never take for granted ever again in his life and glanced once more in the mirror. “Well, if this is a dream...I might as well enjoy it...” Archie's features remained sullen as he spoke to himself, as though he wasn't even good company to himself. He felt like he'd aged twenty years in just as many days and finally bereft of his own image looked away and padded with bare feet in the direction of the walk in closet. Apparently, bacon was waiting for him in the dining room in this dream he'd concocted, he'd have it crispy, the way Faith made it for him, it was his dream dammit, he could have it any way he wanted!
Currently my post response time is ridiculously slow and I'm just lucky I have partners who are so understanding

Sasha

Asmar returned to the bar area ....and poured Tyler some more coffee as he asked . Letting the conversation go on between the others there as he seemed to wipe down the bar area. Busying himself with little tasks that seriously did not need to be done .

Soon he moved over to the breakfast bar and made a plate for the newest guest ...mounding up the food to a nice king sized portion . One worked up a good apatite when hiding and fighting for your life he assumed not to mention the lack of rations that must happen. Either way a good home cooked meal was most likely not going to be frowned upon at any rate . Setting up a nice side little table ....he poured a cup of coffee as the man was about finished .

Then without hesitation ...Asmar moved to take down the remains of the Buffet as everyone had their fill it seemed . Eve would be rejoining them all soon and then they could begin to aide those that had arrived in their decision making process . Humming along as he worked every so often breaking out in a few lines of song in some ancient language that most likely made no sense to anyone there .  Efficient was a word for it ...seeming to stop work to get anyone another cup of coffee as needed.

Jeffrey

Archie cracked the door from his suite to the dining room and one weary, subterfuged blue eye careened around the room revealing a counter and scattered mismatched tables and chairs, to confirm again to himself, that he was in fact...dreaming.  He'd concocted the host, Kasmir, no, Antwap, or whatever his name was, no doubt from some dime store novel he'd read as a boy, an image that only the unused lobes of his brain retained for just such an occasion. The Captain's perusal continued as his single sapphire viewing orb took in Marty, a throw back from the 20's...peculiar, and then Elizabeth, a striking young woman in clothes that seemed more form fitting than what the ladies of the day were currently wearing but this was a delusion, if he wanted to conjure a  high caliber damsel for his dreaming pleasure, he could.  Lastly, he spied, Tyler, a young man sipping coffee that looked like he'd been electrocuted, jet black hair was standing on end, dungarees so shredded they looked like they'd been used as a cat scratching post, and a Marlon Brandon leather jacket to cap off his outfit, where he'd dreamed this guy up was anyone’s guess but Archie was pretty sure it was the stuff of legends... please God, he prayed to himself, let me remember this dream when I wake so can write it all down!

Finally the lure of the scent of fried bacon and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee captured Archie's good sense and he yawned the door open wide enough for his thin frame to pass.  A soft creaking sound from the hinges of the portal declared him as an intruder into the serene atmosphere of the main room of the Trading Post and his cautious gaze darted around the room ready to bolt at the first sign of danger.  Dressed  in clean khaki chinos, light blue button down long sleeved shirt and some brown penny loafers, he'd borrowed from the closet, the only remnant that he was a soldier were the dog tags hanging around his neck that made a jingling sound as  Archie stepped out into full view.  He contemplated bringing his Colt .45 pistol but thought that bringing a weapon to breakfast, even in a dream, was simply put.. rude. Wide eyed and full of suspicion he remained silent as his view found a petite oak table set with a heaping plate of  scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and buttered toast, accompanied with a steaming cup of coffee. Archie's hunger gave way to the temptation as he threw caution to the wind and strode quickly to the table set for one, slid onto the unbalanced dining chair, then clamored for the fork with his shaking hand and began to eat ravenously.  A worried glance still passed over the odd collection of inhabitants he was company with between shoveled bites of eggs and quick snaps of bacon crunching down between his teeth. The food was heavenly and for the moment he hoped he didn't wake until he'd gorged fully on the bounty before him.

kobrakid92

Tyler after finishing his second cup of coffee quietly yawned. He stood up and stretched and popped his knuckles and neck then looked around at everyone. As he looked at everyone he tried to figure out what they could possibly want or need. Marty looked like he had everything a guy could possibly want, Elizabeth looked as if she was born with a silver spoon, then there was the soldier. Tyler had an idea of what he or any other soldier would want. To go home but that was his opinion anyways. He sat back down and let his mind wander as he himself tried to figure out what it was that he wanted or needed. Everyone had needs and wants but at this place where you were granted your hearts desire, why was it so hard to determine what he wanted? It bugged him, even irritated him a little bit but not to the point to where he was angry. A new life, to see his parents again, his parents to accept him, the possibilities were endless. Yet sadly he couldn't figure out what it was he truly wanted.

Sasha

Eve walked out of the back room and made her way into the commons area ...the woman was barely clad with clothing and her bracelets jingled a bit as she moved about . The woman was humming as the breakfast hour was mainly over at the trading post . Though she stopped and moved to sit down across from the man that was seemingly ravished the way he was eating . Speaking softly to him ..." I hope you don't mind if I join you . "

Pulling the chair back some that was across from him , the woman crossed her legs and glanced over at Tyler who seemed deep in thought . She wondered if he was thinking on the proposal that had been put before him . Maybe she should spend some time with him later ..get him to play one of the guitars in his room for her as that would indeed be a delight .

Returning her attentions to the man in front of her ...." I see you are enjoying the meal ...umm " closing her eyes as the man's name was furnished for her . " Oh yes , forgive me ..Archie right ?"  folding her hands on her lap .. " You can call me Eve . You have wondered in from a battlefield it seems ...no wonder your starved . " giving a small pause as knowing things not disclosed usually took a little time away from the listening process . As she ran her hand over one of the silk strands of fabric in her shirt . It seemed a little tattered and dull to her so she kind of fixed it . Content with the mending she looked back up to see if she had Archie's attention before continuing .

" The Trading post is kind of a place that has no timeline ...as you can see many that come here have been selected. Mostly they are at some fork in the road and something has went astray in the standard course of their lives which leads them to our doors. Rather like a lottery of sorts where a rare few are given the opportunity to regain something that has been lost to them , change something ...or gain that one thing that is most needed in their lives. Comfort of course is provided allowing one a chance to rest and ponder the decision at hand . So when you know what that one thing is that you desire more than anything it will be handed to you and then you are free to return back into the very timeline that you hailed from . Let me assure you that this is no dream ...and the decision is entirely yours to conclude . "  smiling as she reached over and took a piece of bacon , nibbling on it as she did indeed love the taste of it . As she waited to see if he might have any questions on the matter that had been addressed .

Haloriel

Lady Almeria Pembroke had stared out the window of her carriage for hours, it had seemed, her hazel eyes scanning the falling of the rain outside.  It was difficult to see more than mere feet beyond the edge of the road for the fog that rolled the countryside.  Fine needlework resting to hand, she embroidered a red rose upon a rich, ivory fabric, along side several others in a small cluster.  It was a heavy silken thread, and she had intended it for a handkerchief.  The letters ‘A.P’ rested in a lovely sewn script below the flowers in a similar scarlet. 

The rocking of the carriage was a steady one as they moved along in quiet; Almeria’s maid being an older woman with a faintly lined face, attired by mantua in black with her hair covered in a soft cap, slept across from her in the other seat.  She sighed, pleased to be away from London now that the season had concluded.  The air was cooler now that the year slowly wound down, families returning to their estates.  Her own kin were situated only a day’s ride from the city, and she often preferred with her stepmother to remain in the city for some small entertainment at the Public Rooms, rather than remain at Pembroke Court with her father and brothers.

The carriage rocked hard suddenly, waking her maid and tossing Almeria against the closed door.  She dropped the needle, and it rolled out of sight.  Almeria could hear yelling that alarmed her that did not sound as belonging to people she wished to meet.  Her maid screamed as the driver fell with a grunt, the hilt of a dagger sticking out of his chest like a bad omen.  Almeria's eyes widened.  She’d never seen a man die before, and he was surely dead, was he not?  She quickly tucked the unfinished handkerchief with her silken thread back into the reticule tied upon her skirts.

No time was there to know for sure, as sounds of further fighting sounded around them.  Quickly, she tugged at her maids arm.  “Come now, we must be away.  Out the window while they are distracted with the footmen.”  Her conscience held a twinge in her breast at the thought of leaving anyone behind, yet surely ... to remain would be a far worse fate.   

Almeria ripped into the rich fabric of her skirts, quickly pulling away petticoats that would keep her trapped within.  The sounds of fighting outside were dying down, she noticed, as her pulse raced faster still.  Her maid was less opulently attired, yet the woman stubbornly shook her head. 

“No, my lady.  You must go first.  If they come within, I would see you a distance away.”  Almeria’s lower lip trembled, and she shook her head, several curls having tumbled free from her coiffure.  The pretty ivory petticoats of soft linen lay strewn in bits upon the floor of the carriage.  She nodded quickly at her maid. “If nothing else, I should try to hail a gentleman at the first inn that I come to, and I shall find you, I swear it upon my honour.” 

With that, she scrambled out the window, a further ripping sound evident.  Almeria fell clumsily to the ground, crying out as her ankle bent under her weight.  The sound brought a man around to the other side of the carriage, it seemed, startling her as she stood trying to quickly limp away. 

The man’s face was scarred by the mark of a blade, the lips twisted with it upon the right side, having healed badly, no doubt years previous.  Almeria wondered why it was she even noticed such a thing.  His coat was a plain one in a deep blue, the left sleeve torn.  His breeches were of an indeterminate colour, the boots scuffed and worn.  A bloody sword rested in his right hand, extended toward her. 

“Do not -- “

Almeria turned and ran into the fog.  The rain had begun to pour down once more, and her skirts dragged in the mud in the road.  The bandit chased after her, still yelling catching up to her when the fog cleared.  Her hazel eyes flashed with fear as thunder rolled ominously, in the moment that he’d caught her.  Pain wrenched her arms as Almeria attempted to free herself; the man had lost his sword chasing her, she realised, yet held a dagger, plain of hilt, to her neck.  She pressed away his hand as hard as she could, managing to turn and gain leverage with the pressing of her nails into his flesh as a distraction.

As the rain continued to fall, the pair grappled with the dagger, the strange trading post seeming almost to materialise behind them, neither noticing.

“Release my person, you knave!  You blackguard ... you swine-herder!”  She yelled as he pressed her to her knees with his greater strength.  His stringy wig brushed her cheek, the stench making Almeria want to gag.  He snarled, then tripped on a rock, losing his balance.  The blade sank into his belly, twisting in Almeria’s grasp, wringing a gasp from her as she fell on the man.

“No, no.  Oh ... no.  This is not good.  I did not mean ... oh please, please.  Get up, you poor, poor fool.”  She trembled, manner suddenly contrite as his blood coated her bodice and left cheek.  She cried silently as he coughed, and coughed, tears slipping from her eyes slowly.  In moments, Almeria watched him cease movement, then she stared blankly at the odd looking building, shock and cold beginning to set in.

“... Damnation.  Where am I?  This was ... not ... not on the road.”  She frantically scrubbed her hands upon his pant leg, where the man lay unblinking. “You cannot be dead, sir, as I have never taken a life.  This cannot be.”  Almeria murmured softly.  She brushed back his hair with a trembling hand, the blood staining her matching half gloves.  The wig had fallen off, revealing dirty blonde hair tied back in a simple queue. 

“Please someone help me!  Is anyone there!  ... I have  ... I have ... disp-patched a man ... love of god, please ... help.  Please ... anyone!”

Jeffrey

Archie stared at the scantily clad woman as she spoke and all but mesmerized him for the fleeting moments of her speech.  She spoke of respite and regaining something that he’d lost...how would she know he’d lost the locket? His mind pondered as he paused in his shoveling of scrambled eggs and hash browns into his gob. The Captain was starting to think this was all real until the woman said ‘the decision is entirely yours to conclude’ and then a slow broad smile covered his lips and he chastised himself inwardly for being clever enough to let himself realize even in the dream, it was a dream! But he could play along, there was nothing to lose.

He put his fork down on his plate and balanced his elbows on the table and steepled his hands together in front of him and kept the smile on Eve.  “It is a pleasure to meet you, Eve and yes, I’m Archie.”  Apparently he’d given his dream girl the gift of mind reading as well. “I appreciate the hospitality...very much.”  His blue eyes never varied from Eve when he said, “So all I have to do is let you know what it is I have lost and need back and then I can have it and be on my way? Is that how it works?” This was better than abracadabra, the Arabian Knights had nothing on this dream!

Haloriel

“Please someone help me!  Is anyone there!  ... I have  ... I have ... disp-patched a man ... love of god, please ... help.  Please ... anyone!”

Almeria looked again through the fog and the rain, shivering.  Her gown was wet, soaked through in some places, and the coppery scent of the man's blood was strong around her.  Or perhaps that was shock settling in.  Slowly, she rose to her feet, taking a deep breath.  She could not just leave the body there.  It would be crude and unseemly, and yet ... yet.  What sort of woman did anything with a ... dead ... dead ... Almeria shut her eyes hard.  She could not even think the word.  Her heavy skirts, once pristine and lovely were ever so heavy and dragged over the wet ground, capturing all manner of dirt. 

A shiver went down her spine.  She could not believe what it was she was seeing.  The manner of building alone was difficult to decipher.  As she stepped closer to the building, however, she felt almost pulled closer, the fog behind her deepening.  She turned back, and the man's body had vanished, as if it had never been, yet her clothing testified that he had been.  Had he not?

Swallowing nervously, Almeria nibbled her lower lip as the rain began to let up as she crept closer to the building.  It was as if something desired her to enter.  Staring at the doors, slowly, deliberately, she stepped upon the landing ... and pushed the door open slowly, suddenly feeling at peace and weary all at once.  Black spots swam before her eyes as her knees began to buckle, causing her to cling to the door-jamb.  There were people within, and the manner of dress ... they were naked.  Their clothing held so few layers, and looked so very, very strange.  A blush heated her cheeks. 

She could not cover her eyes, for she still felt as though any moments she would wake, or fall faint.  "... Where ... where am I?"  Her voice was almost too soft in the room, holding the perfect clarity of an English noble lady.  Almeria trembled with exhaustion as she clung still to the door-jamb, her black curls having half spilled beyond her trim, corseted waist.

Sasha

Eve smiled up at Archie ...." Indeed Sir .....that is all that is needed ..." as she closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath . The sensations of love coming from this man for another woman drew her own soul to quiver inside ...it was so rare to find such a deep seated thing ...as she rolled her hand forward a small black velvet box seemed to be in the woman's hand . As she sat it down ...." There you go ..." she trembled as she stood up then swallowing ..." Forgive me , the passion you share for another is ...so ...so beautiful , you are indeed a fortunate man . "  Standing on those weak legs as she only needed to pull away from this man for a brief time . The thing he sought with all his heart and soul though was in that box and the visions that rolled through Eve's mind of their union was something she could not quite understand though the force was powerful . Love was intriguing anyways ....

As she gathered herself ....and moved back away, another had entered the building ....she seemed distraught and the look of pure disgust over the state of dress Eve was in ...brought back a smile to her face . Oh my ...a lady had indeed entered the building .

< Please roll the dice if your character chooses to accept  ...using the Dice Bot .... 1D10 or 1 dice , 10 sides, your character must match or beat my roll . >

Comment: Roll Against Archie
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Asmar had moved to the front door ...his arm bent at the elbow .." It shall be okay my dear ...you have managed to find yourself in a parallel dimension so to speak . Those things that happened back from the time period in which you came are as they were ...and here , a new opportunity exists . This is a place of safe haven , refuge ....sanctuary for one as lovely . " Lifting her hand then to his mouth as he bowed and kissed the back of it . " I am Asmar ...your humble servant in this quest for knowledge ." 

Lifting back up as he noticed the blood that had smeared onto her garment ...." Oh my ....Let me take you to a Parlor Room ....and we can see about getting you cleaned up and maybe a change in clothing. Some warm tea to calm your nerves as it seems you have been through an ordeal . "  Stepping back some then as he would let her adjust a bit before moving forward. Ready to catch her if she fainted or anything ...surly this was alot to take in and a woman of her stature was sometimes very fragile to situations such as these . Even if she had just ran for her life and dispatched a man . Smirking to himself on that one , well deserving it seemed from his point of view anyways .

Haloriel

Almeria's gaze shifted as she was addressed; her eyes were wide.  The attire of the man that had addressed her was ... somewhat different, yet his speech caught her attention the most.  The smooth tones; clear, yet firm manner ... yes.  This was a gentleman, her frazzled mind said, even as she hesitated to take his arm.  "I ... have found a parallel ... d-dimension?"  Her trembling began all over again as her knees began to buckle from cold and shock.  Yet a steely nature of will held her up her feet.  Something in her seemed to soften as the man pressed a kiss to the back of her hand; her lips twitched upward into a smile.

"I do not understand what you mean by that ... travelling, yet ... tea and clothing ... I could not refuse."  The rain had washed away some of the blood at least, and she had removed her stained half gloves after walking in.  Dark brows knit as she stepped forward, finally placing her hand upon Asmar's arm, bowing her head.  "My thanks, good sir. Where ever I am ... you are most kind, and I am honoured by your princely manners," she murmured softly.  Her pulse still raced from her ordeal, it did seem, yet the last thing she wished to do was faint.  That would not do at all.

"I would follow you, if it pleases."

Jeffrey

The front door creaked open slowly, dragging Archie's attention from Eve.  A disheveled and bedraggled aristocratic looking woman slipped in, soaked to the skin and shivering. She looked like she had dropped in from the time of Mad King George. Her hair was askew and a cooper tinge and scent was upon her.  Archie was all too familiar with the scent and stains on the lady's gloves...simply put, it was blood.  She looked as disoriented, as he had when he first appeared at the Trading Post. He was not sure what misfortune had befallen the lady and the Captain was not impervious to her distress but was certain that the chaperones here would see to her every comfort, of that he was sure.

Archie returned his attention to Eve giving her a faint and curious smile as she spoke of a love he felt for another...how could she know about Faith, he wondered? This just did not feel like a dream, no it did not. The Captain's suspicious blue gaze followed the hostess as she pulled away trembling, making him yearn uncharacteristically to reach out and console her but  propriety kept his hands on the table and to himself.

Alone now, Archie's uncertain gaze considered the black velvet box and what its contents might be. He was oblivious to the clatter and chatter of the Trading Post now as he reached for the box with his fingers, the delicate ebony fabric supple beneath his touch.  He paused a moment, then flipped the lid of the box open, his tired blue eyes widening ever so gradually as his mind registered the contents.  It was a gold locket....and not just any locket, the locket that Faith had given him before he had been shipped out overseas to war, the locket he'd lost at Normandy beach.

The Captain gingerly took the gold piece of jewelry from the box and admired the battered and bent  family heirloom in the palm of his roughened hand. Then carefully Archie separated the oval halves with the nail ridge of his index fingers and beheld the small tattered photo of his wife, Faith. Breath caught in his throat at the sight of his girl, his fingertip brushing lightly over the black and white image of his sweetheart.  God how he missed her.

He could go back now, he just knew it, the knowledge drifted over and covered him like a warm blanket. Archie slipped the gold chain over his head, shoved the chair back he was sitting in, and stood.  Grateful blue eyes glided over to Eve and.... Asmar, finally got it right, as he took the half dozen steps to the door.  With his slim fingers on the handle he started to turn and speak to his hosts but hesitated realizing that a trade had been accepted between them and that was all there needed to be. The Captain, tugged the door open, stepping through, and closed it behind him.  Archie returned to the fog from whence he'd come,  everything was going to be all right, he just knew it now but in the mean time he still had a job to do.... and a long life ahead of him.

Roll Result: Jeffrey rolled: 1d10
Comment: Roll against Eve
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Sasha

Eve moved back over to the bar area as she seemed transfixed to watch Archie as he open up the jewelry case as if she was fixated on the man's reaction . After some time she smiled and closed her eyes . Letting the feeling completely wash over her . The trade was now accepted in full ....as the man was seemingly moving towards the door . Sometimes it was well worth servicing those that managed to find themselves here at the trading post . Sliding up on the barstool then with the others ...she looked over at Tyler .

" I noticed you seem to be a bit perplexed young man ....tell me what in the past has made you the happiest ?" as she rolled her eyes over him though not at this moment able to merge into the man as she was on a sensory overload from the gift received from Archie . The woman's body slowly calming as she moved to pour herself a cup of tea . Enjoying the herbal drink a little more with a mint leaf .

Sipping it she waited for his answer ...hoping to maybe move him to play some music as the woman had sensed a talent that had been set aside in him . Strangled and pushed out , maybe that was a key element here but how would this young lad really interpret his situation .

Sasha

Asmar nodded d his head as he tapped his hand upon the fine ladies ...his words spoke out as he moved and headed towards the back . Rather excusing himself from the rest of the group ...though he did manage a side look as the newcomer seemed to be leaving before the others . Sometimes it happened that way as the sense that all trades had been completed . No words were needed and that left a pleasant feeling to wash over him . Eve seemed to be calming a bit as well the impact of which was slowly filtering over into his own being . " I am no Prince ...I assure you ...though well mannered and an utmost gentleman I believe the qualifications of which should be in every man . " Lifting her hand to offer a sweet kiss .

They were now standing before a door ...as he moved to open it and stood back to let the woman go forward into the Victorian parlor which he did so hope would give her comfort. Letting her step in and look about as he moved to pour them some tea ...and of course some light finger like sandwiches to help ease things over. As he would pull out a chair ...for her to sit down .

The rich hues of the room had a busy effect as far as the man was concerned ...but the comfort of the chairs were luxurious . As he would indeed wait till she was very comfortable and settled in . " Now if you will excuse me a brief moment ...I shall lay out a few fine dresses for you to choose from . Pluse prepare your bath my lady . "  Bowing low before he took his leave . She seemed to need a few moments to soak everything in anyways .

Heading into the next room...the man made his way to the closet and found several lovely dresses . So hard to make a decision ...so he headed back into the other room with two he had narrowed it down to . His movements graceful and almost silent n nature . His arms lifted upwards as to not drag the lovely hems on the floor ...no indeed he would not allow such to happen.  " My lady ....I need your expert guidance ....I have this lovely copper style elegant lace and satin gown ...here , that is rather refined and simplistic in nature . " twirling it about ..." Oh and lovely matching gloves mind you .  find it quaint and charming , the color softens the eyes . "  Grinning as it was indeed beautiful to him . Nothing like a woman draped in perfection that allowed for that accent of her features. The thought of it made him tingle inside . Oh how he loved to dress a woman .

" OR this one ... a creamy pink ... exquisiteness with a flare .. the way the the skirt has the fan like folded sections at the side , flowing out like a sensual flower ...that no man dare touch . " closing his eyes as the top part of that corset would indeed be tight and maybe show more cleavage than the royal lady might like ...but then wasn't this a place she could be a little daring . " The designer or this has imagination well advanced for the time ...it speaks to my soul and says daring .... " as he looked back at her for a reaction ...hopefully not one of utter discontent .

There was a lacy Marie Antoinette style he had considered ...maybe it best to mention it . With a heavy sigh ...he reluctantly did so . " Unless you rather adorn yourself in the color of mourning ...due to the unfortunate accident . " as he shifted his hip to one side and rolled his eyes ..." There is a glorious black beaded lace garment that is fit for a queen to wear ....but my , I say to myself ...why should she , my lovely lady . The man simply deserved his fate . You should not shed one tear over his pitiful life . He has caused you enough distress already for one so lacking in honor and participating in thievery of the worst kind . Trust me when I say this ...that man had every ill intention . " considering what might be befalling her female consort back in the carriage area that was a given . As he shuddered wishing somehow he could reach into that realm and protect the poor women.

Not quite realizing that his emotions carried more weight than intended ...the images going through Asmar's mind of what was befalling the handmaiden was being shared with Almaria. Oh my ..in such graphic detail before it just simply vanished as the man pushed the thoughts of that realm and tucked them deeper in his unconscious . " Such an uncivilized world sometimes ...no way for a lady to be treated . You my dear deserve a true man to worship and love you . "  to think the one she was betrothed to had set the whole thing up rather pissed Asmar off . If somehow he could give this woman the aire that she was worthy to make her own choice . Indeed he must try for the right man could so be placed to save her from the dreadful circumstances .

Haloriel

Almeria gave a soft gasp upon entering the room, instantly relaxing.  Regardless of their strange attire, she'd felt curious of the people out in the bar, and the manner of the gentleman called Asmar had helped immensely in the alleviation of her distress.  She had blushed a charming pink upon the touch of his lips to her hand.  She did not dare to sit as yet, for to muss the room with her stained travelling gown would me most sad indeed.  So she spent the time while he'd gone inspecting the room, and studying the lovely painting upon the wall.

Upon Asmar's return with the gowns, again she had blushed, granting profuse thanks.  This place was so very odd, yet the kindness afforded seemed to cause her earlier distress to all but melt away, leaving a lady that was bubbly, and rather sweet of nature.  She nibbled her lower lip, swaying side to side.  "Well ... as to style, I do like that black one best of all, colour aside.  Yet ... perhaps you are right.  If this place is what you say, or at the least being as if I were dreaming, then some small daring would not be ill suited."  Her eyes danced with a gentle humour.  "So I shall ... say the pink," she replied, cheeks pinkening from the bold statement.  It was not like her to be so, yet to take a moment out of time to be something ... more than what one was ... truly measured to be a gift beyond price.

She had startled then of her thoughts regarding the gentleman, and what surely must be occuring to her maid in vivid detail.  Tears filled her eyes and she trembled.  "I ... left someone behind.  Someone that has served my family for longer than I have been alive, and I feel ... ashamed."  Her lips quivered as one, then a second tear fell.  "Yet, I cannot begin to thank you ... is there anything at all you require for such manner?  I feel as though I should return the favour, yet I know not how I would begin to do so."

She blinked as he spoke of love.  "Love?  Is that possible in a marriage?  I had always believed it mere story," she mused while tugging the unfinished handkerchief from her reticule to get to another completed one with which to wipe her face.  "A pretty thought if it were real indeed," she whispered.

Sasha

Asmar knew he was pressing the line as he was not allowed to tamper with things ...but the dastardly deed had been done . Now the lady had asked a question with a coy smirk a light sparkled in his eyes ...now it was not his fault was it . " Indeed it is my dear ....it takes a brave and formidable woman to declare herself the maker of her own destiny . Obviously you are such a woman as you have managed to fend off your own foe . " as the man moved to put the dresses down .

Soon he pulled the woman into his arms not caring about anything ...offering his shoulder for her to lay her beautiful head as he patted her back . The scent of her was wonderful ...." There ...There now ....let me explain more . " As he pulled from her and reached up wiping away the tears using his own clean hankerchief. " For you see I come from an age where marriages were indeed fixed , though as barbaric as it seems ...we also took more than one wife. Which I found really made me appreciate the varying aspects of the female persona. However out of all my wives there was one that touched me deeply ...she brought with her the song of life , filled a room with her beauty and charm ...in private she was a blossoming flower that never ceased to amaze me. I long for her even now . "  as he smiled and drew in a deep breath . " A soulmate is a precious gift ..selfish but yet not really for in the long run when one is extremely happy they find contentment and that grows and spreads onto the World about them . Thus they become responsible for their own destiny and enlighten that of those around them . Simple my dear. "

As he drew away seeing a young woman had entered the room ...a servant girl that had her hands behind her back as he lowered his head . Indeed the master had sent another to service the royal guest and Asmar would take his punishment but it was well worth it ...stepping back as he looked into her eyes . " You must only believe with every fiber of your being ....that the one who will truly love you is out there . For in this place that which you most desire is given unto you . " a soft kiss to her cheek . " I must go my dear ....it has been my pleasure ."

As the young girl would then step forward to help the guest out of her current dress . " I am Sarah ..." as she tucked a foot behind and did a small curtsy . Moving then to undo the buttons of the garment ....." I have but a wonderful bath prepared for you my Lady ...with the finest oils a mixture of jasmine and lavender. " 

Asmar left the room ...not looking back his head lowered for he was being called by the master .

Haloriel

It was a startling thing as Asmar tugged Almeria close after setting away the gowns.  She looked up into his face, her eyes meeting his own, somehow unafraid and unabashed.  At the offer of comfort she could not resist in resting her head below his shoulder, being the shorter of the two.  Her nose tucked near the buttons on his tunic, fingers brushing over the soft fabric thoughtfully while he dried her tears.  "I should not weep, it is silly of me.  You are ever so kind to grant me comfort," she murmured quietly.  if for nothing else, politeness was most important.

Her eyes went wide as he continued to speak of where he had come from.  "More than one lady?  But however ..." She blushed and halted speaking, for the question was not such that one should ever ask a gentleman in the least.  Almeria couldn't guess at all why she wanted to know more, but she did.  "I am sorrowed that you lost such a lovely flower.  I could not imagine that she would not think of you daily.  If ... I were so prised, I would remain ever loyal to the one that cared thus for me.  For honour, my lord, is everything." 

She had gone to toying with the buttons on his tunic, and even his fingers, as if the lack of contact, and the difficulties of the day were again swiftly thrust before her.  A tremulous sigh left Almeria, and she shook her head ... then smiled, bowing her head.  "I shall do precisely that.  Believe with all of myself that ... such a person does exist for me, and me alone."  She giggled as he kissed her cheek most gallantly, granting Asmar a fine curtsey as he departed.  "Be safe sir.  I do hope that you are cared for as well as I am."  As he departed, head bowed and the pretty maid began to help her, Almeria suddenly knew exactly what she wanted.  A little smile curled her lips as her attire was removed and seen to be cleaned.

She allowed Sarah to help her into the steaming bath, still attired in her chemise; it would be wrung out and cleaned later.  As it was hardly proper to bathe without some small shield, of course!  The soaps and oils had sank into her skin, making her near to sleeping as she lay in the bath, giggling while playing with the bubbles as Sarah washed her hair.  Almeria sang quietly, remaining in the bath until it was nearing cold, her hair well rinsed and wrung dry just as a soft towel that had been warmed by the fire had run over every surface as she stood behind a screen for modesty.

Almeria allowed the girl to helped her dress in the pink gown after assisting her with stays, corsets and petticoats; her silken stocking tied by garters, and finally, proper heeled slippers upon her feet in matching colour to the pretty pink gown.  To the last, her long curling hair was pilled to a proper style with curls framing her face most becomingly.  Giving a spin and watching the skirts with a happy laughter once more, she kissed Sarah's cheeks for her attentiveness, dancing a polonaise with her for a moment before curtseying.  "Thank you, miss.  You've been absolutely perfect", she said.

Pulling on the matching half gloves after taking sustenance from the tea tray Asmar had left her, she decided to see what she could see back in the front hall from whence she'd arrived.  "Perhaps they won't be so very scary now ... if it is some sort of place out of time, Almeria, accepting your fate is easier than screaming over it.  Now ... just square your shoulders like the men do and dive in!"

Almeria strolled delicately back to the main hall, the lovely pink dress swirling around her ankles sublimely.

Sasha

Eve glanced up as the lady emerged in the beautiful pink gown ....she had been cleaning tables and that leaving the other guests to mingle about . Some had made their way back to the world from which time zone they had stepped out of and others were in their rooms . Seemingly debating over the events of the day and the main question at hand. She could not help but admire the woman that had entered the place .

Performing a small curtsy...." My Lady ...the dress is beautiful . " as she lifted back up and glanced down the thing . Indeed the woman before her looked like a princess about to attend a royal ball . Making Eve feel a bit more conscious about her own state of dress . Though she had never really worn such an extravagant garment before . All those corsets made it so difficult to breath . " Seems Asmar has been up to his passion again ...the man loves to dress a woman if allowed. " as she looked behind and found it odd the man had not returned to the room . In fact she could not really feel him at the moment . Pity ..as she let out a little sigh . He was so much better suited to handle a woman of this time frame hopefully she would do an adequate job.

" I was just cleaning up some ...could I offer you some afternoon tea ?"  as she placed her hands behind her back ... " My name is Eve and I would be most pleased to answer any questions you might have of this place . "

oxloloxo

Hazel woke up sighing as she returned from her imaginary paradise where she had been with her one true love. Nothing could be worse for her than to wake up everyday with the ring of commitment on her finger. It screamed of her unhappiness, her status and her future. She would be nothing more than Lady Hethering. Her hair was waved after sleeping all night restlessly and so she summond her maid Eva to come help her.

Aside her bed she pulled the golden rope to jingle a bell down in the servant quarters and whilst waiting for Eva she began to get out of bed and do some morning necessities. Hazel waited for several minutes and then rang the bell again. "where is this girl?!" she muttered furiously. Eva was Hazel's nanny's daughter, and both had waited on her since she was born. She had grown fond of Molly; her nanny but her daughter was intolerable. Partly because she had a crush on Danny. That, and she was always late.

"sorry ma'am" Eva came rushing in with a bowl of water which she had clearly spilt down herself. Hazel just looked plainly at her, expecting a sign that Danny had reciprocated Eva's advances last night but to her relief there were none, if anything Eva looked disheartened but she would not approach the topic with Eva.
"Just hurry up Eva. I have places to be." She spoke curtly as the girl started to flurry around the room.
"What dress today ma'am?" Eva looked at her, wide eyed with curiosity. Hazel studied the look for several seconds causing discomfort.
"The gold Eva" Hazel's heart pounded in her chest, this was one of her best casual dresses and Eva knew it. She only ever wore it if she was to walk through to somewhere and by walking her husband was never going to know. Her mind began formulating a deep plan, all to see Danny once more.

In her daze she had not noticed Eva starting on the elaborate hairstyle she wore daily nor that the girl had made the bed and set out breakfast. She sighed knowing so many would love to be in her position, having a maid, a nanny, a wealthy and respected husband. But all she ever wanted was Danny, her true love.

Once the hair was secured in place Eva dressed her in all the different clothes, and found the matching shoes before aiding with the make up.

Hazel was ready, she dismissed Eva and left the mansion to walk through town to the other side. All for him.
Every step she had people look and nod their heads... if only they knew she thought to herself, they wouldn't nod but shake their heads disapprovingly. If she was caught, she would be humiliated, stripped of her status and looked down on by everyone. This couldn't happen.

She took the side alley, a way not many knew about nevermind would be walking down. Her footsteps resounded softly as a mysterious fog appeared up ahead. Her pace increased as she didn't want to be in a fogged filled alley. As she came out the other side only a street away from Danny's house she realised she was not where she should be. Instead she was stood in front of a weird building.

After much deliberation she walked towards it, hoping inside they could direct her to where she needed to be.
If you need me and I'm not online pm me, it gets sent straight to my phone and I'll be on asap

Aria Darkenwing

Autumn Sullivan's life was perfect. She's the only daughter of a shipping tycoon and a world famous actress. Her brother would be the one to inherit much of the company along with the headaches that goes with managing an international corporation. While pretty little miss Autumn's concerns revolve only around her Prep School, charity balls, and such other socials. Everything was perfect till the day she came up on stage to receive her prom queen crown and fainted.

Initial tests on her blood count proved to be alarming. There was abundance of abnormal looking lymphocytes. Further diagnostic workups required a biopsy of her bone marrow. Results only confirmed her family's worst fears. Their princess has acute lymphocytic leukemia. Rapid proliferation of the immature malignant cells caused immediate decline of her health resulting to pallor, easy bruisability,  malaise, and weight loss.  Autumn's hope for survival lies in the hands of renowned doctors. She has been subjected to chemotherapy protocols and in a matter of one month her vibrance has been sucked out of her just as quickly as the golden locks of her hair fell.

Her spirit is trapped inside a decaying shell. 

At night she would wallow in her misery, crying herself to sleep, haunting her parents with her woes. There were boys who courted in her doorsteps everyday, but lately there was no one anymore. Her mother bought her wigs from Paris and Tokyo. But she never wore them. Instead she wraps a gray turban around her head and would  smile in front of the mirror sometimes.  Her maids were replaced by nurses and they take her out to the park on days when she does not pity herself. She never thought she'd be wheelchair-born at 17. 

She had finished 6 cycles of chemotherapy and is now back in the radiology department of St. Mary's Hospital for her follow-up MRI. The technician assisted Autumn down unto the gantry and placed pre-warmed covers over her body. The examination started and the gantry moved. She now lay inside the tight space of the MRI machine. Through a speaker the technician gave instructions and assurance to Autumn. The exam would last 1 hour and she closed her eyes and let the music in the background lull her to sleep.
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Haloriel

Almeria strolled cautiously to the counter the lady stood before, deciding to take a seat.  She studied her for long moments with a wary gaze, and then after several awkward heartbeats of silence, she smiled. 

"Your attire, I must admit is strange to me ... yet as I am ... not within my own place, granting a judgement upon you would be harsh.  It is already plain to me that world and places beyond my own exist.  Thus should I not attempt a most kind eye in my looking upon others?"

"You have been kind to invite me to take tea here, and yes ... Master Asmar did indeed find attire for me.  It was preferable to the wet that I had arrived in, as would be doubtless."  Almeria folded gloved hands that half covered her skin, being a soft rosy lace that complimented her gown.  "It is no trouble if the man is at working - I would not think to grant disturbance in such a moment as that."

She paused, again giving a sunny smile, hands unfolding to toy with the pink skirts arranged around her on the stool.  It had taken some effort to seat herself, but once having done so, she seemed more than pleased with herself, eyes dancing with a gentle humour.  "A pleasure then to make your acquaintance, Miss Eve.  I would indeed enjoy a repast in your fine company."  Almeria found herself meaning the words entirely, which rose a pretty blush to her cheeks.

"I had thought ... upon a question if I may ask it. How was it that yourself and Master Asmar arrived to this place?  I could not imagine remaining here ... forever with no one but the pair of you and travellers that come and go.  Do they ever remain?  The gentleman said something to me in confidence that I found saddening.  What of your life before this place?"

Aria Darkenwing

It seemed to her that she's been sleeping for a long time now.

The soothing music has stopped. She opened her eyes and found herself still inside the MRI machine.

"Hello? Is the scan finished?.... Hello? Can somebody get me out of here?"

Only silence answered her calls. A sudden surge of panic came over her like cold hands wrapped around her throat cutting off her air. She thrashed around and banged the walls of the machine. The tube was only inches away from her face and she's having a claustrophobic attack.

Hello? Somebody please help! Get me out of here!!

A white fog swept across the room and entered the scanning machine. It enveloped her body and wrapped her in comfort and gave an instant soothing effect. Her body seemed to start floating with the fog and the sense of entrapment was gone. The aura it gave was friendly and Autumn surrendered to the floating feeling. It seemed to carry her off to some place before it stopped and laid her with a soft thud on a grassy surface. Then slowly the fog alighted, taking along with it Autumn's fears.

The sky was pure blue. And it was nice to lay on the lush carpet of grass.

Autumn would have stayed supine longer. But a smell of delicious cooking wafted in the air and caught her primitive senses. She sat up and there she saw in front of her a strange little wooden shop. It seems to have popped out from a historical movie set. She turned her head sideways to look about her and saw a vast expanse of green land. There was nothing near in sight apart from this strange building. It beckons her to come near.

And so with shaky feet, and still robed in a white gown that says St. Mary's Hospital, she approached the door and knocked.

Hello? Anybody in there?
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Sasha

Eve poured the tea ...listening to intelligent woman across the way seem to come to grip with her attire and make a turn round to still enjoy her company . Which made the woman smile ....then the last part of the line of sweet words came into play . The one question that Eve had trouble answering really . " I rather awoke in this place ...and Master Asmar was already here . There are others that come and go as well staying to carry forth the precious gift of change this place offers. I had a life once and it was filled with waiting , waiting to be chosen and other than that I was not much more than a prisoner of a man that seemed to collect beautiful things . I wished to not return to such a life and instead stayed on here to learn and grow in my abilities . " 

As she lifted her hand into the air and trailed it along letting small sparkles seem to lift up off her fingertips , the would gather then in the air creating about four small butterflies . As they flapped their wings and fluttered about the woman giggled some . Turning her attention back to the fine Lady across from her the butterflies would drift apart and fade . " I not sure how long I have been here ...but it is a very enjoyable experience . Much better than the posh prison I was kept in before . Here I learn and grow ...and sparkle like the butterflies . Today even I felt the power of love in another , it made my inner being tremble the gift was amazing  . "  as she sipped her tea then hoping her answers were sufficient .

Still a little giddy from the experience she had coming off Archie before he had left the building . If only she could see how his meeting back with the one he loved would turn out . A little sigh emerged then ..." So what about you my Lady ...have you felt the butterflies of love in your belly . " leaning forward a bit as if it was a secret to be shared if such was forthcoming .

A soft knock seemed to appear on the door .....and Asmar walked out of the shadows and folded his hands behind his back sent to greet the new incoming guest.

QuoteHello? Anybody in there?

Asmar smiled ..." Come in my dear ....we have been waiting for you. " though the man made no move to open the door . He did however have a fine robe to give the woman that would cover her nakedness up and let her fit in a bit easier with the rest .  It only just wrapped about really and fastened in the front . It would hopefully give a bit of elegance and bring a smile to her face . Though Asmar was not completely sure considering the woman's health . That he could sense was fading even through the door .

Aria Darkenwing

Autumn opened the door and set foot inside the wooden premises. She discovered that the building's exterior did great injustice to the beauty and elegance of the room inside. She felt warm and at ease. 

She thanked the gentleman who greeted her and accepted the delicate robe that he offered. The man is bald and has a big nose, but his eyes were his most remarkable features. They were piercing eyes, and she supposed those eyes have seen a lot in life. Nonetheless, those orbs looked kind. 

"I don't know why you were expecting me, but I suspect this place to be magical. Must still be asleep and dreaming... "

The man temporarily postponed proper introductions and led the girl down a hallway and opened a door into a changing room where she could slip off her thin hospital gown and dress appropriately. (OOC: Sorry for RPing Mr. Asmar... Hope it's fine.) She looked at her face on the mirror and adjusted the cloth covering of her head. When she deemed herself presentable enough she emerged from the room and went back to where the gentleman was waiting.

"Thank you for this beautiful robe..." she hesitated for a second before continuing with, "I guess you already know who I am since you said you've been waiting for me. Who are you sir?... and please tell me where am I?"

Sasha

" Let me assure you my dear that you are not sleeping or dreaming , more just stepped out of time in a paused moment . For you have been chosen ..." as he guided the lovely girl to the changing area . He would more fully answer her questions upon the girls return . As he looked over to see a woman with Eve that seemed familiar but he somehow had no real remembrance of her at this time. Drawing a blank as he tilted his head some ...having come from seeing the master things were fuzzy yet in his mind over the why he could not remember the woman at the bar with Eve.

Asmar smiled as Autumn returned in the garment he had picked out ...indeed that would help this beautiful woman fit in a little better . Glancing up at the turban wrapped about her head and sensing the disease that wracked havoc on her body it amazed him the spirits she seemed to be in .

"I guess you already know who I am since you said you've been waiting for me. Who are you sir?... and please tell me where am I?"

He took her arm ...and lead the girl over to the seating arrangement at the fireplace . " Let me see where to begin ..." as they sat it seemed a teapot was handy and he poured them both a cup ...adding a little sugar as needed . Handing the cup first to the new guest .  " I am Asmar , a servant of this magical place as you called it . We refer to it as the Trading post ...it was designed as a second chance stopping point for those selected and guided here. The offering is what one most desires within limits ...for we can not physical grant harm to another nor can we alter things outside yourself . Though the gift lets you change your circumstances , give you an ability that you find lacking or open up an opportunity that you have always wished for . Sometimes it is the correction of a decision made in the past ." as he took a sip of the tea. Letting her absorb the information some .

Leaning back into the chair at this time to give the woman a bit more space to consider things ...one would think that the gift for her would be most obvious though Asmar knew better. Sometimes what was asked did not always match what others thought should be. The desire to heal her though was great within him as he could see the damage inside ...least he could manage was for now in this place the girl would feel no pain . " You may rest in our company ...to dwell on what it is you most desire . I have taken the liberty of easing your pain to allow a clear head so you can contemplate the situation at hand without any physical interference . "

Aria Darkenwing

"My desire is simple and I believe needs to further thinking Asmar. If this is a place where wishes are granted then please take this cancer out of my body. Can you do that for me?" She asked in earnest while looking at Asmar straight in the eyes. When the gentleman did nothing to break his silence Autumn let out a sigh of resignation and took a sip off her tea.

She was surprised that the tea was made from chamomile and prepared exactly the way she wanted.  She looked over at Asmar's tea and saw that it was quite different from hers. Truly this place is enveloped with enchantments. She began to crave for butterscotch cookies to go along with her tea. Then without speaking Asmar gently pushed to her side of the table a plate of freshly baked butterscotch cookies.

Autumn smiled once more and ate 1, 2, 3 and 4 big pieces of cookie. With good mood restored she engaged Asmar in conversation once more, this time in a much comfortable mood. Perhaps the tea and cookie contain derivatives of morphine, but she'd never know for sure. "Thank you for taking away my body ache. I feel like I can dance again. I miss dancing so much! Would you like to dance with me?"

Haloriel

Lady Almeria Pembroke

Almeria listened intently to Eve, her expression very serious as the woman spoke.  She learned quickly that there were many guises of person - and it was not based upon their appearance. 

For a woman from the era from whence she had come - it was a lesson beyond her time and place.  A soft sigh left her lips as she stirred the tea she'd been given - taking a slow sip after a moment, then smiling. 

"Well ... you make good tea," the lady hedged, her eyes twinkling with such sudden mirth. 

"I am sorrowed that you spent time in such a place, truly," Almeria continued, placing a hand upon Eve's own. 

She paused then, expression thoughtful with the woman's query of love.  Almeria considered it and shook her head, laughing softly.

"No, I am not in love," she said, and was immediately distracted by Asmar's appearance, whom only looked back at her briefly as if they'd never once spoken ...

It startled Almeria, and a soft gasp departed her lips as the fingers of her hand gripped Eve's somewhat hard - with a surprising strength. 

"Why ... does he look at me as if he has never seen me before?"

Sasha

Eve lifted her head and took in Asmar ....indeed the man seemed to be acting different . At first thought was to deny the change , but lying was something that was not one of her strengths. Bending the truth , whatever one wanted to call it these days . Licking her lips ...as he mind searched for all the possible reasons .

" Upon serving in this place ...we make a pact with the master my lady ...that our own thoughts and actions should not in any way direct or give our opinion on what another should choose as their deepest desire . Sometimes though , one touches us in a way that it is very difficult not to . I would say by the way Asmar is acting , distant like...that such an infraction may of taken place , thus ...well , forgive me my Lady . He will not remember having meet you earlier , I do hope you will forgive this . "  as she moved then to poor a bit more tea for the both of them .

Pulling her hand away which took some effort...as she bit her lip some , with a squirm on her chair ...the tension mounting was a bit uncomfortable . Trying to return to the subject of tea ...." Tea , indeed ...I do love tea . " as she picked her cup up and sipped it . Letting time pass by ...as part of her wondered what had been said , it was rare ...well she could not even remember the last time that Asmar messed up . It had to be something very important , something that happened before this woman arrived maybe .

" Tell me ...when you arrived it seemed you had a struggle or something ....maybe Asmar seen the depths of the foul play that you had experienced .  Corruption in the past is something that was kept well hidden but evil leaves a residue on the things that it touches. It is quite invisible to the naked eye , but the imprinting exists all the same . You will have to trust me on this one. "  as she could feel the inner stirrings in herself it might be best that she not dwell to much here .  Straightening up some as she offered a smile to the lady . Hoping the look in her eyes spoke more volume than the words that would follow .

" The only advice I can offer is ..that ...some are chosen because a terrible wrong was about to be committed . Not always is it easy to understand by whom , sometimes what we are lead to believe is by far not the true case in the matter.  I think you have much to think on my Lady about your life , the course of what it was prior to coming here and the opportunity you have now to alter it into a new direction . " as she let out a sigh ...feeling the tingling sensation leaving her body was a good sign that she had moved easily to safer ground .

Asmar listened to the young woman ....slowly he stood and offered his hand to help the pale delicate thing up to her feet . " I would indeed be honored to dance with you ..."  as the man would aide the girl to her feet . As he stepped back and produced a necklace in his other hand .... " First let us take care of your desire ...if you would turn around for me so I might place this around your beautiful neck . You see this is a moon amulet ... it has powers to upon being held in ones hand that will draw out the vial disease that plagues your body . Only the pure of heart can weld such a thing without consequences ....for you see , it must be passed to another within three days after it absorbs the darkness inside. "   

As he turned the girl around then ...and slipped a hand up around her waist . He would capture her hand before she moved to touch it . Holding that free hand up close as the man tilted his head down and kissed the top of it . He began to sway his hips and his feet moved with a grace that showed his years . A soft jazz like music filled the room as the two of them seemed to dance . Asmar drew in the scent of the woman as he found each and every one compelling in their own right . This dainty creature had a hard choice ahead of her now ...and he wanted to ensure that he conveyed everything to her so that she would completely understand the terms .

After dancing around for quite some time ...the man continued to speak looking directly into her eyes ..." Death is the one entity that hates to be cheated out of its prize you see. I think we both know that he now holds the weak strands that remain in the final days of your existence . You must close your eyes and hold onto the amulet and open your soul for the cleansing . You will indeed feel the draining power and feel the blissful calm when it is completed . Three days you will have to give the necklace to another ...if you have been found pure of heart then nothing will befall the one it is given to . However , if not ...the darkness that once dwelt in you shall be transferred to another . Failure to give this amulet away will send the darkness back inside your own body and give death back it's original claim. "

As he let the girls hand go now ...after another soft kiss to the top of it ...." The gift has been given ...Do you truly desire the gift of healing ?" 

< Please roll the dice if your character chooses to accept and use the amulet  ...using the Dice Bot .... 1D10 or 1 dice , 10 sides, your character must match or beat my roll . >

Comment: Roll Against Aria Darkenwing
Result: 9,
Total: 9

Haloriel

Lady Almeria Pembroke

"Then I shall remember on his behalf," she whispered, hands curling around her tea cup with a sigh.  She noticed that Eve seemed to display some discomfort, so she allowed the woman to lead the conversation.  The last thing she needed was to cause her saviours trouble, though it hurt that she had caused this ... this thing. 

Another lesson.

"I trust you in this ..." she continued - the remembered fear that she could have died curling through Almeria for several moments that her knuckles turned white with the grip of her hands on the cup. 

"It does follow, I suppose.  I ... am sorrowed if I have caused trouble with my questions of the gentleman.  I did not intend anyone to have distress."

"I will think upon your words ... as yes.  There was a man -- a man that intended me harm though I know not ... why."  Her shoulders fell then as she slowly sipped her tea - finding it a comfort by the moment.  Almeria felt as if she'd lost a friend ... all to her own folly.  All places had rules ... and it was the fool that did not consider such things.

"I would not wish for the experiences of mine to ... so taint another.  How do I keep that from occurring.  Forgiveness ... is a consideration."  Her fingers brushed over her tea cup as a smile bloomed in some surprise, and her manner softened with the words.

Garrit

It rung so loud and deafening around him.  The canister shots breaking up like so many hornet nests, popping like sacks of paper.  He could hear the failing whistle of things flying past him and feel the way that the air heated up when they passed.  But, that might just be his imagination - a dread. 

When they had first come out of the thicket and mustered their line to charge, the air had been thick with the miasma of the cannon smoke.  It blew great puffs down the hillside, which that battery was upon, and the wind carried it down into the bluff that his company had come into.  Like boulders the artillery shells sailed high into the air and would certainly crash into the other Union lines, but his company could not see the massacre from where they had moved, under secret to flank that battery.  They knew that they had been spotted when the artillery pieces suddenly stopped issuing its rhythmic booms: one, two, three, four, five, six - one, two three…. it went like Death were to blow down a harmonica, right to left, right to left. 

The surprise gone, it didn't change anything.  The company captain in plainclothes stood at the center of the line with his saber drawn.  The Ohio flag unfurled and the eighty other volunteers unfolded from their column to face the rebels up the hill.  "Bayonets!" went the order, but the men were already fixing those cruel implements to their rifles as they came into formation. 

Already the guns had been turning around, ponderous on their big wheels bearing those heavy brass bores.  Frantically the artillery sergeant was running between the six guns and their grunting, crews of men.  The gun Chiefs likewise shouting charge times to the gunner who worked hastily to trim those fuses, while men were swabbing out the cannons even as the cannoneers were turning it fully around to face the union company.  When the last man had mustered into line it was almost as if the company knew itself without turning to look.  They had drilled so tirelessly that in their bodies they felt no closer to one another than a hand to an arm.  Even still, the men looking up at a certitude of death felt a heavy pit open in their bellies and all their feelings fell out through it. 

The company captain's 'charge' was a distant strike, no more than the blaze of a match sputtering, and almost by their own will, Del McCullin felt his legs move fast. Fast in a sprint with his rifle held out infront of him and that lead muzzle pointed, wavering to and fro with his heavy breathing his hard foot falls.  He must have been screaming, but he could no more hear himself than any other man, Union or Confederate.  The canisters were going off then.  "All fire All fire!" the artillery sergeant was shouting but nobody could hear a goddamn thing except those deafening booms and pops.  He didn't notice the change when the grey powder smoke turned red.  It hung in the air the further up the hill he went.  A vapor that blew back against him like the fog.

Ten men slightly ahead of him were seized as if by God.  Their arms thrown out as their rifle stocks exploded into tinder.  They floated in the air for much longer than he thought possible before the group of them simply threw themselves apart with red and smoke issuing after like souls dispossessed.  When they dropped away it was as if a curtain had fallen.  Revealed before Del was the monstrous glory of that cannon.  Its gaping maw opened issued still a dark smoke for more.  The gunner had not shifted that weapon from its direction and seemed to be looking down that scope directly at Del.  The next canister was dropped down into the cannon while one of the cannoneers set the fuse to the piece.  The Chief gunner sucking in breath to command fire….

Del dropped to a knee and raised his rifle.  His heart must have seized and his breath caught.  His shot, a hollow snap in the air was quickly followed by others down the ragged line - peppered rolls of a rattle.  The cannon chief fell by Del's minieball.  The gunner and the man upon the fuse were likewise thrown away.  The other cannoneers rushed in, to quickly retake those positions.  For goddsakes, to fire the gun. 

Del did not reload his rifle.  He ran, like the rest of them their bayonets lowered.  Like a flood that expected to overtake the cannoneers, skewering viscously those that stayed with their artillery pieces.  It was just five yards, it was less than five.  The cannoneer was struggling with the fuse.  The artillery men at the cannon wheels had already stood up and had were unsheathing sabers or raising pistols.  Three yards, his heart pounding in his ear and he saw that chemical flare of the fuse.  The etheric stillness in the air just before he expected that cannon to fire.  Expecting it to explode a thousand lead bullets to spray certain death upon him and anyone standing beside him.

He must have closed his eyes in that final realization of his mortality.  Two yards and the expected sound of that horrible device exploding… but it did not. 

He screamed as he opened his eyes.  Sweat soaking through his uniform and his rifle thrust forward for he had not stopped running. 

There before him was not the cannon and its desperate crew.  He looked up at a building in the woods.  Feet slowed into a slow platter on the grass.  His legs trembling from the strain and with a kind of finality the horror and exhaustion caved in his heart and he dropped to his knees.  Rifle held at his chest.

"What now." he said, arms shaking.

Sasha

Eve smiled up at the woman ...." Well , I might suggest .....walking over to the man and asking him to dance . Asmar does so enjoy dancing anyways . " as the woman slowly moved to go about making another pot of tea . Humming to the music that seemed to be playing throughout the front end of the trading post . As she did so it was as if little butterflies of light gathered together from the sparkles around her body that seemed to of appeared. then they just fluttered their wings up and dance about slowly returning to land on the woman . As her voice slowly kicked in and a beautiful melody of a strange  like happy sorrow seemed to flow through the air .

Asmar having finished his task with the woman in white slowly made his way to the bar ...with a slight sway in his hip as he leaned over the edge and spoke out . " Well my darling Eve , you seem in fine spirits this afternoon ..."  as he grinned and watched his co-companion go about the making of another pot of tea . Glancing over at the elegant woman to his right then . " A beautiful day to you my dear ...might I say that the choice of attire this evening brings great joy to my heart . You look radiant with a hint of daring mystery . I am Asmar ....at your service . " as he lowered his head and rolled his hand outward leaving it there for a few moments before lifting back up . 

Eve let out a giggle ....as her song ended . " I am indeed in a wonderful mood ..."  as she began to re-pour now three glasses of tea for those that seemed to remain in the social area of the Trading Post. Part of her wondering if the lady would find the courage to ask for that dance or not . It would be the first step in finding the courage to change her destiny as well it seemed . Asmar was right though the dress was quite exquisite even if way too much clothing to deal with in Eve's mind. The butterflies of light having settled now ...as she wondered who might be coming through the door next .

Garrit

Obviously, he thought he was dead.  As the mechanics of the cannon were so simple, there was no need to speculate, for a misfire was nearly impossible .  Given the worst situation, a portion of the powder within the chamber should still explode and the projectile would still be propelled with a lethal force.  Even if the intended trajectory or secondary explosion was not achieved, the consequence to  all those who stood immediately before it goes without mention.

So this must be some vestibule of the afterlife?  The verdant spread of the forest before his eyes encapsulating this sanctuary of a trading post, how else could he interpret his fate?  If anything, he was suspicious of the comfort of this place.  After all… had he not killed and done many more things in his life that should shame the Savior?  In his time, he had steeled himself to the possibility of damnation even while he listened to the platitude of his company chaplain.

Yet, he could neither convince himself that this was Hell.  The irregularity of this experience to what he'd learned in sermon ultimately called into question whether or not he was actually dead to begin with.  An erroneous line of reason, but it did arrive at the correct answer. 

The man stood from the ground with steadying breaths.  While his heart still pounded loudly in his ear, he began to will it to calm.  He watched the entrance of the building and found his eyes cast up to the windows upstairs as if expecting a rifle barrel to stealthily protrude.  The man walked from the entrance however.  He circled the building, which suited his cautiousness, his curiosity, and did plenty to ease his nerves.  Eventually, full circle, he returned to the front of the trading post and strode up the porch.  He had since removed the bayonet from his rifle and tucked that blade into his belt.  His rifle too was slung upon his back.

"Hello?" he said loudly, towards one of the windows at ground level.  This was a public place of business, he told himself, and without calling again he simply opened the door.  What an odd sight he must have been.  And what an odd sight they were to him!  He had seen lithographs of Orientals.  Eve might not conform to those drawings of opium laden concubines, he'd no idea how else to reconcile her primal, exoticness.  In fact, he now wondered if this was a brothel.

There stood Del, blue eyes wide at the trading post entry.  The door was still held open and he did not know which foot to follow - the one that had passed the threshold or the one which hung behind.  While there was a solidness or trimness to his composure him, his clothing and condition were haggard and almost wild.  His beard appeared more a dead animal pasted to his face, dark soot or dirt or blood confused the weathered creases or dark tan in his visage.  He wore in part the regulation uniform with that dark blue sack coat and vaguely sky blue trousers - though they were quite brown with dried mud and speckled in barbed seeds as well as other things.  His sack coat was fastened by a singular button at his belt, otherwise left open for it seemed he'd just come from a very hot place.  Beneath the coat he wore a brownish red, checkered shirt which was also opened at the neck and to mid-chest (a veteran's disregard to dress formality).  Sweat darkened all of his shirt that to sense it was wet was to note how it stuck to his sunburnt skin.  The belt that was buckled above his sackcoat was loaded with satchels; the proud US held in the brass buckle.  His cartridge case was slung over his shoulders like his rifle, though the case's shoulder strap was a thick prominent strip of leather with a conspicuous brass chestplate embossed with the seal of Ohio.  He was without his slouch hat, instead wearing a blue cap to which was stitched a red piece of felt. 

"What is this place?" he spoke finally.  Stepping inside he did not close the door behind.  His drawl was not so thick as those in the deep South, and instead shared more likeness to a West Virginian's lip.

Sasha

Eve glanced up at the door as it opened and shiver ran through her small frame for the sight of the man entering had a chill that seemed to drain the happiness that was so apparent moments before . The stench of death and decay clung to his being and whatever pit this man had crawled out of it was apparent that his eyes had seen more than his share. Her hands moved behind her back and she drew in a breath of the coldness that lay outside the open door . It was the void that separated this place from the worlds from which each guest came .

The man's eyes expressed the same bewilderment and she was cautious with her approach as the woman was with any that held weapons on their person. The knowledge of safety within these walls was apparent and with each step the questioning of that was reassured by some unseen force that existed .

Stopping before him , she did a soft curtsy ...then stood back up right again . " A good day to you kind Sir ....you have come to the Trading Post . Fear not in time things shall be explained but you have entered a safe haven , rest assured on that . "  as she offered her hand to him ..." I am Eve ...a faithful servant , if you would follow me ...we might see to drawing you a warm bath so you might be given an opportunity to become presentable . "  biting her lip as she tilted her head , part of her wondering if that was truly possible for he was indeed quite filthy as she wrinkled her nose .

Lowering her face then as it was apparent that she was maybe on the edge of being rude ...maybe if she thought of flowers or something the air would clear . Closing her eyes ...as she projected her thoughts into the room it indeed soon gave off a wonderful smell of jasmine . Much better the woman thought .. and shifted then to take his arm . " Do tell what year is it from whence you have come from ...for you see this place is without a sense of the timeline of the World at large . "  her voice sing song like as jasmine was her favorite .

Garrit

Her curtsy stirred him.  It changed everything that he had expected when he walked into this place.  This wasn't one of those strings of trading posts up the trail to Oregon - where husbands drove in alone to get a sack of beans for his family and instead got an hour with a whore.  That Eve didn't address him with an impatient gruff - an unpolished leer at his billfold, set Del at unease.  He was, once more, uncertain where he'd found himself and more importantly - embarrassed that he should walk into the company of a lady in this condition.  Like a man was not to know of pregnancy, a woman was not to know of war.

He straightened his shoulders and cleared his throat.  Eyes darting from one side to the other as if there was some place he could excuse himself to, but she was already standing before him.  "Ma'm…" he said, culled.  A hand went up to draw off his cap and he held it at his belly. 

Her hand rose out for his and he held out his for a second.  His palm, wide and his fingers long, their tips stubbed and filthy.  Black with gun powder and it was gruesome and harsh.  He did not take her hand with his.  Instead his fingers curled back into a fist and he dropped it at his side with a bow of his head, "You must forgive me, I have found myself deposited unexpected into your company."

And indeed the man stank.  It was a frightful sort of stench that bespoke someone who had not bathed in weeks… months?  The further anyone should look into Del, the more they would discover something that would offend.  The big man attempted to shy back from the scrutiny, with an even more sincere dip of his head.  "I fear I am dead.  Is this not… the end?" he said, looking up at her with an absolution in his gaze that seemed like he had already made up his mind.

He would not know Arabian Jasmine but he knew Confederate Jasmine (star jasmine).  The smell hung on the air as mysterious as it had come and it only added to his assumption.  Indeed this must be the end.  Yet, she was taking his arm.  The wool of his jacket had a certain texture that she would be better not thinking too deep about.  She'd feel the tension in that man's arm, a kind of reluctance to go on.

"What do you mean, without Time?" He said, a brief tremble in his otherwise deep tone.  A new dread displacing what had previously been known.  Fearful as any should be of death, now it was death with uncertainty and she would discover that he was not so eager to walk with her. 

Sasha

Eve smiled up at him as she absorbed his fear into her own body ...it helped to realize why the man had stopped . Understanding now crept into her mind ..." Oh forgive me ..." she spoke out with a startled tone ..." No , Kind Sir ...you have not yet to meet your maker so to speak . Nor the cruel hand that ends ones existence ...No Sir . I assure you this place is one of second chances and for some reason ...you have been chosen. There must be something that you desire and the hand of fate has decided you worthy enough to grant you ...well the one thing you desire more than anything else . "  as she patted his arm . Offering a small tug as she took a few steps, stopping as he needed to find his confidence to trust in her and continue .

Slowly Eve made her way to a side room ...through the back entrance . Once at the door she closed her eyes and moved to open the door . Inside was a simple room considering others that had been offered but it did indeed matched the period of time from which the gentleman had come. Eve would offer another slow curtsy ..." Let me prepare your bath ..."  as she slipped through the gray painted door and began to draw the water .

The bathing facilities were just as simple really ....as Eve opened the door of the wooden cabinet smiling at the clean uniform that hung there . Indeed it did seem quite honorable in this cleaned state as even a new pair of boots were there all nicely polished . A bottle of cognac was left on the stand along with a the proper straight razor and shaving cream or just an old fashioned pair of shears to trim that rough scraggly beard . Oh indeed the man would return to the social area a new man .. As she seemed to of only just entered the bathing room before the barely clad woman reappeared . " Please ...take you time ...I shall see to making sure a hot meal is made ready for you as well . How about a nice helping of some beef stew and some fresh bread with plenty of butter and jams . Oh yes ....and apple pie with the perfect crust that flakes off into your mouth ..." as she tilted her head . " Maybe a meal of roasted chicken might be better" as the man more than likely could eat a whole one with roasted taters and greens .

Pausing as she looked about the room ...wondering if there was something more that could be added to give the comfort of home . It sure seemed a bit dull but needless to say adequate for this man that more than likely had been sleeping on the ground for who knows how long . No damp earth would seep into his bones this night anyways . As she lowered her eyes once again. 

Haloriel

Name: Lady Almeria Pembroke
Era: Georgian England: 1714-1820

Almeria had to fight for composure then, but managed the sweetest of smiles. 

"Sir, a pleasure it is ..."  She bowed her own head in reply to Asmar, tea cup cradled in her fingers.  Yet, distraction followed with the entrance of a man so plainly having been just at war, that her face went ashen.  Her half gloved fingers gripped the tea cup in an effort not to slide from the chair in a heap of long pink gown befitting the era from whence she'd come - and raven haired female.

"Oh dear ... that cannot ... be good at all."  Her eyes went wide at the bayonet tucked in his belt, the dubious colouring of the uniform that she could not place, and the weaponry on his back.  Almeria took deep breaths into her tea for courage - and by the time she'd managed to appear normal, Eve had already swept the man off to other quarters.

She looked to Asmar, biting her lower lip, lifting the tea cup to her lips to sip, slowly. 

Breathe, Almeria.  People from various ... times ... appear often here. 

Though she'd reflected then that the new man's manners - though the speech was something she had never heard - she could understand him with relative ease, and his uniform - while not near as decorative of those she'd seen - was not terribly different in cut.  So he must not have been so far off from her own period.

You can do this, it is mere simple logic ...

"So then.  Where ... would he be from, do you think?  The ... gentleman that passed through?"  Her brows lifted as she spoke to Asmar in a steady tone she took immense pride in.

Garrit

He was beside himself.  An embarrassment which brokered on the obscene at Church.  A faint glance to Almeria in apology - yet he wasn't even willing to hold the gaze long enough to find a forgiveness (or otherwise).  In her time, she might have directed her carriage to the battlefield and picnicked to the sudden but absolute outcome of the battle where musket men (swordsmen?) stood over each other's shoulders in stupid lines - firing till the other side was properly beaten to death.  That he was from a time beyond hers did not change chivalry…  Even in the darkest days of his country's strife, when men robbed and raped and mutilated their own kin…  He still believed… Still loved to a degree of weeping.

Del hung as a prized bass on the fisherman's line.  She tugged and he could go but only with enough will.  With his weight was his reticence.  His reticence, his manifesting doubts. 

Why should he of all men be allowed this?  This chance?  He heard her words, but he did not believe them - was not willing to give himself into comfort.  Yet a voice rose within him, 'Samuel' it shouted; and it was a still ring of a forgotten bell calling Church to some place emptied.  "Something I should desire?" he repeated with a foretelling weakness, which melted the rigidness of his arm and let her, finally, to guide him.  He went up those stairs with the steady beat of his equipment, thumping upon his back.

He had not answered her question (on provenience) of course.  Distracted and perhaps, not fully understanding that this place was not of his 'time'.  He let her lead him, for lack of anything else…  His mind however on that idea of completion and second chance…  Should this be the way his Brother faced the Lord?  Yet she had said he was not yet finished.  His thoughts, despite, were deep within him as she lead him to that room.  A ragged raccoon of a man, leaving a slime trail of foulness behind him.

The room opened up into a comfortable refuge.  It was almost embarrassingly so.  Surely, it wasn't something that a businessmen of his time would have expected to pay for, but for a simple farmer as himself, a tavern's room with bath to himself was an unexpected extravagance.  There was already something surreal about this experience since the moment that he found himself faced with the trading post so he did not remark on the accommodations.  The pragmatic, also, mind did wonder why she had not asked for payment, but even that consideration was unvoiced. 

"That sounds delightful," he answered to her telling of the meal.  His voice deep yet bland in its even keel.   She might be accustomed to sorts like himself, come upon her realm with purposes so great that they should overwhelm. 

He took a step to the dresser but paused to turn back to her.  A solemn bow of his head that hung, while he spoke, "You have my thanks…  For deserts and wasteland you have provided me an oasis."  He said while she waited at the door, with eyes looking for anything untended. 

When she slipped out and closed the door behind he was left with that room.  He rounded it once or twice and then shed his equipment, his clothing.  The bathing the barbering.  And when he stopped the thoughts of that battle… and those before it… began to melt enough in the water, he took a drink or two of the cognac and felt for a moment at ease… a sense he'd not had in a long time.

The dress uniform was pulled on.  It fit him well as if it were tailored.  Within it, Del cut a distinguished profile like he were a calvary captain.  It was once more the blue uniform of his army, but everything was clean for once and there was a crispness to him.  He was always a broad shouldered man, barreled chested and distinguished in profile.  Within the uniform he should seem much more than the lowly private that he was.  (Even the sleeve's chevrons should display his rank, which mystified the man a little).  He had trimmed his beard.  That bushy mess condensed into a gentlemanly's edge.  Del kept a handlebar mustache with a short sheer of a beard, which folded neatly over his wide jaw. 

He left his equipment upstairs, though he did holster his pistol to the belt.  The offensive weapon was hidden within that leather casing, only visible by its stock and its steely tip. 

He was dressed, his hair wetted and combed back behind his ears.  His beard neat and close against his cheeks.  Yet he stared at the door and did not move from where he sat upon the bed.  His hands folded one over the other and he put his palms over his ears a moment.  His eyes closed and his breath still. 

Finally he stood and walked to the door.  Opened it and strode down the hallway.  With his steps came again proprietary.  While he was American it did not change the English influence of the day… the stiff upper lip and the disdain for emotion.  So he should appear down the stairs, something remarkably different than he had entered some time ago.