New York Noir - sexy noir mystery

Started by RedEve, January 29, 2012, 09:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Amazon will give you first dibs on either the PI or the dirty cop, I'm good either way ;)

RedEve

QuoteAmazon and I can't help but notice that there is a great similaritry between this plot and our own The Gorgeous Gumshoe.

Oh, well I can assure you I wasn't aware of that thread prior to creating this interest topic.  ???

However, if you feel as if I have stolen your idea I can still retract this concept. No worries. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kendra

There will always be similarities in Noir games as there would be in Alien games or Vampire games. There are those of us showing our interest in your game RedEve that aren't part of another noir game.
Please don't retract the game  :-\

RedEve

Well I don't want to disappoint those people who have already committed to this game, but I don't want to steal someone else's idea (and/or thunder) either.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Le Immortelle

I don't think Chrystal meant anything like that. Just that she remembered the game she had with me..and we just happened to be talking about importing our characters from there in this game if it's cool.

And one can never have enough of noir games! :D

Chrystal

Quote from: RedEve on January 30, 2012, 02:02:15 PM
Oh, well I can assure you I wasn't aware of that thread prior to creating this interest topic.  ???

However, if you feel as if I have stolen your idea I can still retract this concept. No worries. :)

NO NO!

Please do not do anything of the sort...

Did we not both jump in and say "we want to join"? As Amz puts it, you can never have too many Noir games.

I am not accusing you of stealing the idea, merely (as she points out) noticing the similarities and asking if you would mind if we used the same characters?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kendra

Quote from: Amazon on January 30, 2012, 02:14:41 PM

And one can never have enough of noir games! :D

I third this statement  ;D

Featherfall

Kendra

Amazon - if you're bringing over your other character concept, I take it that's the private Eye you're going with then?
I'll get on creating the dirty cop bio so  :-)

Aiden

My character is coming in with the intent on targeting the Mob (Sicilian/Italian) so a heads up to anyone making connections we can possibly plot.

Chrystal

Name: Ivy Bowman
Date of birth: 24/06/1907
Character archetype: Foreign agent of a friendly power
Biography: Born Ivy Green, she married a nice Jewish boy, because it was the right thing to do, and had a daughter by him. In 1937, her husband went to Spain to fight the Nazis and was never seen again. She did not love her husband, but none the less, she vowed to avenge his death a millionfold. She was approached by and recruited into the British Secret Intelligence Service the same year, and the following year sent on a secret mission to the USA, to keep certain antiquities out of German hands.

While on this mission she met Samantha Shovel, and the two of them became lovers. When war broke out, Ivy returned to Europe, working underground for the SOE in the occupied territories. Surviving by the skin of her teeth, she returned to the USA after the war, in the official role of MI6 Advisor to US Military Intelligence, soon to be formed into the CIA. Unofficially, her job is to ensure that the USA doesn't do anything stupid, or if they do to at least make sure that Britain is appraised of the fact in advance!

On learning that a certain Chen Long-Yu is searching for the ruby, Ivy is tasked by "M" to ensure he does not get it, by any means necessary! Such a valuable antiquity in the hands of the Triads would be very much contrary to British interests in the Far East, especially with the on-going civil war in China threatening Hong-Kong, the rumblings of Communism from Malaysia threatening Singapore and the various insurgencies in French Indochina threatening Siam...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Aiden

Name: Salvatore "il martello" (The Hammer) Sandoval (Adopted name)
Date of birth: October 31, 1917
Character archetype: The Self Made Man /(Future) King
Biography:
Salvatore was a hard working mason in Sicily with a knack for keeping his mouth shut when it came to any "business". He grew up an orphan after his parents were killed in a riot (when he was a toddler) and he was left under the care of his father's boss, a capo and the man in charge of running a construction company for the Sicilian mob

Salvatore was raised to work hard and show respect to those who earned it. The man who raised him, Luigi "Papa Ferro (The Iron)" Sandoval never had a son but Salvatore fulfilled that roll. The man was well respected in the community and with young Sal at his side learning all he had to offer it was not surprising when he was sponsoring the son of a simple laborer into the family. The day Sal made the Ometra, was the day he looked into the eyes of the man who raised him, dropped to his knee and kissed his ring before swearing he would never be able to thank him enough.

The young Sicilian man was still a mason at heart, taking over Papa's business as the man aged to happy retirement. When he passed away in the mid 1940's, he grieved like a son would over the loss of his father and never expected to take over as Capo of the area, other men before him were lined up and in higher favor with the Boss. Salvatore felt betrayed but could not voice his annoyance, he knew how the family worked and was not willing to shun his father's legacy for a strike at his ego.

The Boss had kept an eye on Salvatore, even considered him a threat. He had adopted the charm of Papa Ferro, a man who could have easily taken his rank but chose to live a simple life with those he loved. When Salvatore approached him and asked for permission to move to America he happily obliged and gave his blessing. The families in the states were starting to annoy those back in the homeland, they were starting to overlook the very code all made men swore by. Salvatore would either sink or swim, sent off on his own to make his own way in the United States with the network, favors and contacts of his deceased mentor.

Amelita

Totally love this idea, and am working on a concept to send you, RedEve.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kendra

Name: Conor Flaherty
Date of birth: 20th March 1903
Character archetype: Dirty Cop
Biography:
Conor is the third generation of Irish emigrates that moved from Co. Tipperary during the time of the famine. He was born and reared in New York but still manages to have an Irish accent that blends with his thick New York one. His great-grandfather had joined the police force when he had arrived in 1845, when the New York police department was first forming.

He spent his life in the Bronx, watching rival gangs growing daily and listening as his father, uncles and grandfather (also cops) returned home with tales of the violence that was gripping New York. He always knew he would join the police force and couldn't wait, he married his child hood sweetheart, Mary Flynn and had three children. Mary was a full time house wife but took care of another child for some extra money. It was needed, a police man's salary was barely enough for a single man to live on let alone raise a family on.

With the war in Europe raging, times got harder and Conor was drafted. He survived and returned from the war with medals of valour only to find that The Bronx was not the same place he had left behind. When once those that lived there were of Irish, German, Jewish and Italian descent, there was now African Americans and Hispanic Americans moving in. He got his old job on the force back again but because of his military service moved up through the ranks far swifter than he might otherwise have done.

As times after the war were hard, it became the norm to take hand outs to let minor misdemeanors slide. Soon cops were noting how this extra income helped a great deal and while some did it to make home life a little more comfortable, others did it to get ahead in the force. Organised crime became a way of life and soon the majority of the New York Police Department were taking hand outs from various warring mafia factions.

Conor Flaherty put his oar in with one particular family run by Charlie "Lucky" Luciano. When the rumours of the million dollar necklace begin to surface, he is called in to check out how truthful these rumours are because no matter how lucrative organised crime is, anything that can be fenced for that kind of money is worth having.

Chrystal

Damn... who's the pic base, Kendra? I know him but I can't place him!

Your character and Amazon's should know each other.

SugarAndSpice

My character's Daddy is police commisioner, but not the type to take bribes.

Kendra

@ Chrystal - Karl Malden - he's been in tons of movies - brilliant actor ;)

ooh we'll hopefully not knock heads - character wise - SAS ;)
;D

SugarAndSpice

I hope so too :D I'm so excited about this

Kendra

so am I, can't remember the last noir style game I was in ... think it wasn't even here on E
::)

SugarAndSpice

Last one I was in was more of a murder case, had a character of the same name but totally different character.

Chrystal

Never been in a group noir, but I have a couple of one-on-ones going. Guess who with! *giggles*

Featherfall

First NOIR game ever; looking forward to it.

SugarAndSpice

Chrystal? lols
They're so much fun Feather

Chrystal

Seriously, Amazon and I have so many games going it's frightening. If she vanished, I'd have a lot more free time!

We've taken to adding comments like "What those two again?" to the titles of our stories!

SugarAndSpice

Hahaha I was like that with someone on another site, but it all got too samey and he seemed to take offence when i suggested we take a break from rping together.