Chemtrails vs. Contrails

Started by Oniya, June 26, 2012, 10:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I'm hoping that the picture that just showed up in my feed was someone talking about ordinary air pollution, or I'm going to have to smack the collective Internet.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Chemtrails? Geez, thousands of years, and we're STILL looking at the sky and finding new Harbinger's of the end times. We've just replaced Pantheon's with Pentagon's.

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on August 02, 2012, 07:15:38 AM
Chemtrails? Geez, thousands of years, and we're STILL looking at the sky and finding new Harbinger's of the end times. We've just replaced Pantheon's with Pentagon's.

That made me laugh.  I must now find a couple of images and make something to spread across the Internet.  (I'm thinking that medieval picture of the guy pointing at the comet, and a picture of the chemtrail guys with their signs.  Big caption:  Harbingers of DOOM.  Little caption: were just as valid back then.)

And... done. 

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2012, 09:37:47 AM
That made me laugh.  I must now find a couple of images and make something to spread across the Internet.  (I'm thinking that medieval picture of the guy pointing at the comet, and a picture of the chemtrail guys with their signs.  Big caption:  Harbingers of DOOM.  Little caption: were just as valid back then.)

And... done. 

You know.. , for Harold II, the comet WAS a harbinger of doom.

Oniya

The battle of Hastings was Harold's doom.  The comet had nothing to do with the battle, other than being seen in the general vicinity.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2012, 02:58:19 PM
The battle of Hastings was Harold's doom.  The comet had nothing to do with the battle, other than being seen in the general vicinity.

True.. but it was an inducement for William to muster his forces and charge across the channel to conquer 'HIS' kingdom from the upstart. Propaganda or Prophecy? Wooooooooooooo

Oniya

Well, then William took his time about it.  The comet was visible in the UK in April - the battle wasn't until October.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2012, 03:42:41 PM
Well, then William took his time about it.  The comet was visible in the UK in April - the battle wasn't until October.

Just because you decide it.. doesn't make rounding up the ships, getting nobles to back you, ect.. any easier. I figure it would take a while to build up the army. Of course I am just assuming it took a while to build things.. wish I could recall more the curator in Normandy told us about the tapestry when we saw it.

IT's BLOODY HUGE btw.

Oniya

Harold was able to raise his army pretty quickly - had them stationed at the coast through July and August until the provisions ran out and he had to send them home on September 8.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 02, 2012, 03:47:14 PM
IT's BLOODY HUGE btw.

I have mad respect for medieval needleworkers, considering how much work I've put into my own pieces with the benefit of modern conveniences.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2012, 04:01:49 PM
Harold was able to raise his army pretty quickly - had them stationed at the coast through July and August until the provisions ran out and he had to send them home on September 8.

I have mad respect for medieval needleworkers, considering how much work I've put into my own pieces with the benefit of modern conveniences.

Yeah.. I got mad respect for them.. more for the preservation time in Normandy.. that thing looks really really good. They did a good job on it. I also like the way the curators had these little widgets to explain each segment. You got a small handheld speaker that told you what each part was about as you walked by it.

I got to ask where you found the NZ protestors though.. definitely sipping the kool aid. :D

Oniya

Google image search on 'chemtrail protestors'.  I was half-looking for the one with the lady holding the sign about her 8-year-old asking about the lines in the sky, but there are only so many brain cells I'm prepared to lose sifting through pages of anti-science.