Interest Check: ZODIAC RPG

Started by Xiphon III, December 17, 2014, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiphon III

Alright, prefacing this with the fact that I wouldn't be running this. I'm looking to be a player, running games isn't in my blood.

That said, ZODIAC is a system I'd LOVE to play in, and I think I could find people on this board who'd enjoy it. It's a free system(I can provide links), and it's based on the final fantasy series of games. It uses their stat system, and it's built so you could reasonably make a final fantasy style character. Obviously, it's not limited to solely that, it's just what it was originally meant as.

It runs on a (sort of) point buy system, that's actually relatively simple. Is there anybody who would be interested in playing/running a game on this system?

kckolbe

I'd be interested in learning and playing it.  So is it based on the Final Fantasy Tactics games?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Xiphon III

More like the series in general, but yes, tactics would be included. Basically, every character has a "minor ability" which is a basic thing you can always do. Steal, Jump, etc. The unique character stuff. Everything else you custom build. Like for a Firaga I'd get a Tier 3 magic attack, fire element. That would cost a certain number of tech points. Still interested?

kckolbe

Yeah it sounds pretty interesting.  I'll look it up unless you have something available to use as a guide.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Xiphon III

kckolbe

I like it!  There are a lot of fun options.  I am definitely down for this.

Intro Thread

Xiphon III

Perfect! Now if we can find a gamerunner and maybe one or two more players,we'll have a full game!