News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wolf Sanctuary[EX]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, July 18, 2010, 03:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Wolf Sanctuary
[EX]

Yellow stone had at one point in time been abundant in all forms of wild life.  Unfortunately over time, as more and more men encroached on their area, the number of wolves dwindled down to nothing.  In hopes of a successful reintroduction of the species in that area, wolves from many parts of the country have been shipped in and set loose, with carefully placed trackers attached to their bodies of course.  It is hoped that these wolves would mate and successfully repopulate the lush forest. 

I'm propositioning a fun little game where each player would play one of these wolves; starting from a few weeks after being set free.  The game would focus on these wolves, how they come across each other, where they set up to dwell, when they breed and birth litters, etc.  In the future, once the pack is established and flourishing,  humans will come in to study them, but that won't be for a while.  And I have to warn perspective players that bestiality will be allowed once the humans come into the picture, so if your too squeaked by that idea, than this game just might not be for you.

I'm looking, specifically for six characters, the:

Alpha Male: Balek
Alpha Female: Laren
Beta Male: Hasel
Male Subordinate: Open
Female Subordinate: Kota
Omega: Isi

The list above is in descending order, from highest ranking to lowest ranking at the bottom; and all the wolves in this pack will be gray wolves.  Heres a quick, yet useful link on wolf behavior and social order.  Technically I'm not going to be as 'authentic' when it comes to actual wolf facts; for example, in a real pack only the alpha male and female breed, but in this game all will be able to, although competition can be prolific.  And even though the Alpha male in the wild is more likely to mate with with the Alpha female, I'm not going to keep to this, anyone may mate with anyone they like, hell with multiple partners if they like.  And I know mates are usually pairs, but for the hell of it I'm allowing poly mates here as well.  Wolves may be gay, bi, pansexual it doesn't matter to me, but this game is about them breeding so there has to be at least one breeding pair. 

I want this game to be more fun than serious, but there will be a two paragraph minimum, and post's do have to be understandable, but other than that I'm open to accepting anyone.  Once the roles are filled though that's it, and new players will only be accepted if a taken role becomes free, pups grow old enough to become PC's in their own right, and when humans are introduced; but that last one wont be for a while so I'm not looking for volunteers for those yet.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shadow879

Bestiality isn't supposed to be allowed, because of its legality in certain states.

But I'd love to be a female beta. This seems like a fun RP.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

schnookums

Er, unless there's been a significant rules change on here recently, bestiality play has been allowed for as long as I've been a member.

Odin

@Shadow. I Would seriously suggest going and reading the rules before posting something like that. It proves you didn't bother when you registered.

I Would be interested in playing the Alpha male, please.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd definately be up for playing the Alpha Female.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Shadow879

Quote from: Odin on July 18, 2010, 08:57:14 AM
@Shadow. I Would seriously suggest going and reading the rules before posting something like that. It proves you didn't bother when you registered.

I did, in fact, read the rules when I registered, thank you. My memory is shitty, so all I remembered is something about bestiality being bad. Videos and photos of bestiality are not allowed. I had remembered it wrong.

So my apologies.

Either way, still would love to be the beta female.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

undisclosedtoyou

LoL, yeah bestiality play is permitted in the Extreme section.  But Shadow, I wouldn't feel too bad about making that mistake, it took me reading the description of the Ex boards, and asking around to figure out if it was allowed.  And since I didn't even peek into the Ex boards for at least a few months after I joined, I basically thought no bestiality was a rule for a while to, thank god it's not cause well...it's fun to write.

Alright, so it looks like we have people wanting to fill these positions:

Alpha Male: Odin
Alpha Female: PeacethatPowerbrings
Female Beta: Shadow879
Omega: Undisclosedtoyou

Which leaves two spots open for two Male Beta's, or even one male beta and one male wolf.  I'll be creating a character thread today than, since we have most roles filled.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

The character thread is open as of now, so feel free to make your way over there, to post your charries.  You can find a link to the thread in the first post of this thread, under game links, or you can click here.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quick question. Given that Canis Lupus is a species, which subspecies will we be using?

Gideon

I'm willing to be a beta male.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on July 18, 2010, 05:35:58 PM
Quick question. Given that Canis Lupus is a species, which subspecies will we be using?

Oooh good question!  I'm providing a wiki link that list's all the different subspecies of Canis Lupus,  In that list, only the ones that dwell in North America will be allowed.  So in the range section, any subspecies that dwell from the border of the U.S/Mexico border to the wilds of Canada are safe to use.  Hope that helps :)

Quote from: Gideon on July 18, 2010, 07:30:22 PM
I'm willing to be a beta male.

And I'll be happy to have you in my little game :)

On another note, I'm happy to say that we have two characters up, yay. 

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gideon

w00t lol I'll try to have my character up by tomorrow

PeacethatPowerbrings

It does help, though I picked a sort of large arctic wolf on the assumption that we'd just use all the so-called wolves, as acceptable subspecies. It is a funny thing, the modern taxonomy, especially when it does things like putting domestic dogs as a subspecies of grey wolf.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Gideon on July 18, 2010, 07:47:49 PM
w00t lol I'll try to have my character up by tomorrow

I went and read some of your post's, btw I was sooo thinking about joining that zombie game lol.  But my question was, this game has a two good sized paragraph minimum when it comes to post's, are you comfortable with that length?

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on July 18, 2010, 07:49:39 PM
It does help, though I picked a sort of large arctic wolf on the assumption that we'd just use all the so-called wolves, as acceptable subspecies. It is a funny thing, the modern taxonomy, especially when it does things like putting domestic dogs as a subspecies of grey wolf.

Lol, for the hell of it it's okay if you use an arctic wolf, it's the ones from Mexico, Europe, Asia and Australia that I wasn't accepting.  And omg, I know; I guess to some it could make sense since some breeds of domestic dogs hail from wolf ancestry, and they can still breed domestic dog/wolf hybrids.  It's still funny though.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

It makes sense, its just interesting, when all dingos and all dog breeds are also subspecies of wolf, instead of species in and of themselves, as they're usually referred to by most people.

Black Orchid

I'm not sure if I want to take on the responsibility of a beta wolf, but count me as interested.
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

undisclosedtoyou

Too true!  It makes me wonder, just how closely related domestic dogs, and dingos are to wolves.  BTW I loved your wolf, very fun to read :)

Quote from: Black Orchid on July 18, 2010, 08:22:54 PM
I'm not sure if I want to take on the responsibility of a beta wolf, but count me as interested.

If you would prefer, I can make the last wolf spot a regular male wolf instead of a beta.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Black Orchid

Hmm... no, actually I'll do it, it'll be interesting.
O&O of a Flower

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Black Orchid on July 18, 2010, 08:27:55 PM
Hmm... no, actually I'll do it, it'll be interesting.

Your comfortable playing a male?  I'm just making sure that you saw the last spot open was for a male character.  I have nothing whatsoever with one gender playing another, just throwing that out there lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Gideon

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 18, 2010, 08:11:32 PM
I went and read some of your post's, btw I was sooo thinking about joining that zombie game lol.  But my question was, this game has a two good sized paragraph minimum when it comes to post's, are you comfortable with that length?
Lol I want to join this to try it because I've found myself easily doing paragraphs when nessecary so I figured two paragraphs would be an easy way to get into this type of rp.

Black Orchid

No, I'm fine! I didn't realize it until later, but I actually have more thought on a character now. So, it's good  :-)

Edit: I also wanted to ask, about the species, I'll keep the trait North American, but can I be a little creative (i.e. longer fur, slight slimmer built?)
O&O of a Flower

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Gideon on July 18, 2010, 08:32:53 PM
Lol I want to join this to try it because I've found myself easily doing paragraphs when nessecary so I figured two paragraphs would be an easy way to get into this type of rp.

Sweet, than I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with us :)  And oh!  I fully promote the 'more than two paragraphs' mentality, so if you want to write more, than feel more than free to do so lol.

Quote from: Black Orchid on July 18, 2010, 08:34:07 PM
No, I'm fine! I didn't realize it until later, but I actually have more thought on a character now. So, it's good  :-)

Edit: I also wanted to ask, about the species, I'll keep the trait North American, but can I be a little creative (i.e. longer fur, slight slimmer built?)

lol awesome!  Than I will make that last spot reserved until your character profile is up.  Which makes this game, tentatively filled for now!  Yay!!!

Of course you can be creative on how your wolf looks.  All I ask is that it's nothing too out there.  My rule of thumb is, if it's not seen in the wild than it's not accepted.  That being said, all the averages I put up in the character thread, are just averages, so feel free to go lower or higher than that.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Black Orchid

Understood then  :-). Okay, I'll need a little help with age, I'm not sure what age to put in wolf form, I don't want an old wolf, maybe a little below middle age, but not a pubescent child, kind of like twenties-thirties; so what would the age be?
O&O of a Flower

PeacethatPowerbrings

2-3. Wolves can be considered equivalent to a large-breed of dog in the age ranges, though wild wolves only live to about 50 in human terms. So, 2-3 is twenties to early thirties.

Gideon

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 18, 2010, 08:39:56 PM
Sweet, than I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with us :)  And oh!  I fully promote the 'more than two paragraphs' mentality, so if you want to write more, than feel more than free to do so lol.
I might not exactly do that in the beginning but I will starting adding more to each post lol.