Coven - The Witches of Amaans [System Game - Pathfinder] [LGBTQ Friendly]

Started by MasterMischief, November 06, 2013, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 07, 2013, 10:41:28 AM
Thank you. My sheet almost finished. I just have to select some more items.

Edit: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=701616

As I mentioned, I am no expert with Pathfinder, so I may miss things. How did you get to 21 HP with no Con bonus?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 07, 2013, 12:30:35 PM
Sheet is done, minus a background:

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12970

I went with Boiling Blood and Enemy's Heart as my 2nd level spells, and Evil Eye+Cackle as Hexes.

Story idea: We've established that the Count performs sacrifices to his evil patron, part of the secret we're trying to expose. What if the evil/demonic god he worships is a power that is normally only worshipped by Orcish culture? Hunting down and destroying him would be an easy way to keep Karsh focused on party unity...the others might be weak non-orcs, but they're not heretics. It might even be the same god Karsh worships, giving him added personal impetus to 'cleanse' his faith.

24 Skill Ranks?

Yukina

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 07, 2013, 01:23:32 PM
As I mentioned, I am no expert with Pathfinder, so I may miss things. How did you get to 21 HP with no Con bonus?

Favored Class points.

MasterMischief

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 07, 2013, 01:23:32 PM

24 Skill Ranks?

Whoops. I was using 3.5 math for skill point. But I did forget my favored class points, so fixed to 18 skill ranks as appropriate.

Ghostwheel

Yugi, if you don't fight like this... I'm going to be a bit disappointed :P lol

Jr

Looks like we have a nice spread of archetypes. Any room for a beast-bonded witch?

MasterMischief

Quote from: Jr on November 07, 2013, 01:53:58 PM
Looks like we have a nice spread of archetypes. Any room for a beast-bonded witch?

I see no reason why not.

TheGlyphstone

No one's claimed it yet, though we'll need to level up to 4th before the archetype features start to have an effect (letting your familiar have your feats seems like it's only good for cheese involving regaining those feat slots when you're higher level and meet more prerequisites).

I wonder if anyone will choose a Gravewalker or Hedge Witch - they're probably the most different variants besides White-Haired Witch.

Anon315

TheGlyphstone

So we have a Scarred Witch Doctor, a Winter Witch, a White-Haired Witch, and a Hedge Witch, plus a possible Beast-Bonded Witch (for all intents and purposes a non-Archetyped Witch right now). That's a full group of five players, though I wouldn't assume MM is doing first-come-first-serve.

MasterMischief

Actually, I was planning on taking all commers because I'm a huge slut like that...and attrition.

TheGlyphstone

That's probably a bad idea. Take however many you want a party of - 4 to 6, probably, and build a waiting list of alternates. If you try to go with a giant mob game, you'll burn out and everyone will get left hanging.

Ghostwheel

I strongly agree; more than 6 people or so and there'll be so many people vying for a piece of the spotlight that few will get enough to feel as though they matter--not to mention actions and such overlapping to the point where mechanics can get really complicated and take forever to do combat (if/when it happens).

Jr

I just realized the subject of traits hasn't come up. Do you plan to let us take any?

MasterMischief

You bring up valid arguments. I will select four characters based on background and O/Os that I would like to work with. I hate to have turn people away. Although, if this campaign goes well, I already have an idea for another.

I do not want to drag recruitment out too long. I fear interest may wane, so I plan to make a decision by the Wednesday.

During the week, I am mostly checking from work which means on my phone. Posting is painful via that medium. This particular post I am doing through Evernote because there were several issues I wanted to address. I apologize if I am not responding as quickly to everyone's questions as they may like. I am checking frequently, so please know I am not ignoring anyone.

I have only briefly thought about traits. I am not familiar with all of them, so I will leave it up to you all to pick what seems appropriate. Since many of them are written for specific Adventure Paths, feel free to change names to better fit this campaign. I believe the standard going rate is 2, so I will allow 2 traits.

Going back to sexual elements, please let me know if you want different O/O for this story than what you already have posted. I plan to review everyone's when I am not at work. I plan for this story to be low combat, high drama including lots of fun sexy times.

Jr

Here's my character. Let me know if it's missing anything.

Name: Grigori Svelnok
Sex: Cis Male
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Deity: Erastil
Race: Human
Ability Scores
Str: 10
Dex: 10
Con: 10
Int: 20
Wis: 13
Cha: 14
Basic Statistics
HP: 21
AC: 10. Flat-Footed: 10. Touch: 10
Fort: 1=1 Base+0 Con
Ref: 1=1 Base+0 Dex
Will: 4=3 Base+1 Wis

BAB: 1
CMB: 1
CMD: 11=1 Bab+0 Str
Traits
Natural-Born Leader: All cohorts, followers, or summoned creatures under your leadership gain a +1 morale bonus on Will saves to avoid mind-affecting effects. If you ever take the Leadership feat, you gain a +1 trait bonus to your Leadership score.
Diabolical Dabbler: Each fiendish animal you conjure with any summon spell gains +1 hit point per hit die for the duration of the spell that summoned it.
Racial Traits
Skilled:Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
Eye for Talent:Humans have great intuition for hidden potential. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks. In addition, when they acquire an animal companion, bonded mount, cohort, or familiar, that creature gains a +2 bonus to one ability score of the character’s choice. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
Class Features
Patron: Animal
Familiar: Anna the Pig (+2 Str from Eye for Talent)
Transfer Feats: Whenever the beast-bonded witch is capable of learning a new feat, she may choose to instead have her familiar learn the feat as a bonus feat. The familiar must meet the prerequisites for any feats that it learns this way. If her familiar is lost or dies, the witch can reclaim the feat slots and select new feats for herself, or apply the slots toward her new familiar.
Hexes
Feral Speech: This hex grants the witch the ability to speak with and understand the response of any animal as if using speak with animals, though each time she uses the hex, she must decide to communicate with either amphibians, birds, fish, mammals, or reptiles, and can only speak to and understand animals of that type. The witch can make herself understood as far as her voice carries. This hex does not predispose any animal so addressed toward the witch in any way.
Unnerve Beasts: The target becomes offensive to animals (Will negates). Animals become distraught and aggressive in the victim’s presence—horses buck, dogs snap and bark, bulls charge, and so on. The hex lasts a number of hours equal to the witch’s Intelligence modifier. A creature that saves against the hex cannot be affected by the hex for 1 day. The reaction of the animals is a mind-affecting charm effect, but the hex on the target is not.
Feats
Fast Learner: When you gain a level in a favored class, you gain both +1 hit point and +1 skill rank instead of choosing either one or the other benefit or you can choose an alternate class  reward.
Spell Focus (Conjuration): Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against spells from the school of magic you select.
Augment Summoning: Each creature you conjure with any summon spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution for the duration of the spell that summoned it.
Skills
Acrobatics: 4=0 Dex+1 Rank+3 Class Skill
Bluff: 8=2 Cha+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Climb: 4=0 Str+1 Rank+3 Class Skill
Diplomacy: 11=2 Cha+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill+3 Familiar
Handle Animal: 8=2 Cha+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Heal: 7=1 Wis+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Intimidate: 8=2 Cha+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Knowledge (Nature): 11=5 Int+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Perception: 7=1 Wis+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Ride: 6=0 Dex+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Sense Motive: 9=1 Wis+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill+2 Racial Feature
Spellcraft: 11=5 Int+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Stealth: 6=0 Dex+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Survival: 7=1 Wis+3 Ranks+3 Class Skill
Swim: 4=0 Str+1 Rank+3 Class Skill
Spells
Cantrips: DC 15, Infinite Per Day
All of Them

First Level: DC 16, 4 Per Day
Air Bubble
Charm Animal (Patron)
Cure Light Wounds
Diagnose Disease
Enlarge Person
Infernal Healing
Mage Armor
Mount
Reduce Person
Summon Minor Monster
Summon Monster I

Second Level: DC 17, 2 Per Day
Summon Monster II
Summon Swarm
Belongings
Equipment
Club
Sling
Dagger
10 improvised sling bullets

Adventuring Gear
Bedroll
Blanket
Tent, Medium
Camouflage Netting (Forest)
Compass
Heatstone
Silk Rope (50')
Twine (50')
Pack Saddle (on Anna)
Adventurer's Chronicle (Nature)
Backpack, Masterwork
Waterproof Bag
Spell Components Pouch
Canteen
Chain (10')
Saw
Drill
Crowbar
Shovel
Climber's Kit
Antidote Kit (10 uses)
Healer's Kit (10 uses)
Midwife's Kit (10 uses)
Veterinarian's Kit (10 uses)
Surgeon's Tools
Cooking kit
Mess Kit
Miner's Pick
Mapmaker's Kit
Masterwork Survival Kit
Alchemical Grease
Alchemical Cement
Alchemical Glue (full)
Alchemical Solvent
Deodorizing Agent
Embalming Fluid
Nushadir
Padzahr
Bone Paste (full)
Shrieking Paste
Rusting Powder
Wismuth Salix

Wondrous Items
Beast-Bond Brand (Applied, 10 charges)
Muleback Cords (worn by Anna)

Money
Platinum: 2
Gold: 1
Silver: 1
Copper: 5
Backstory
Grigori Svenok was the fifth son of a humble farming family. They lived a fairly decent life for peasants, since they were able to supplement their diet and income by hunting in the nearby woods. That was, until the local lord decided to expand the border of his own hunting grounds, overtaking theirs and leaving them with nowhere to find game. After that, the family was poor, but not destitute. At times they were hungry, but not starving. At Grigori's young age, though, it felt like he had lost everything. His brothers decided to cheer him up by inviting him to sneak into the woods to see how nobles hunt. It must be so exciting, they told him. The nobles have horses and a small army of hounds and fancy crossbows. What the brothers saw was a disgrace. Rich folk in polished armor, drinking brandy Grigori's mother would have to sell her house for a bottle of and shooting their enchanted weapons at everything that moved. They left half of their kills just rotting on the ground after remembering they had enough fox or boar heads at home. This was what they took the land for. This was why they kept his parents awake at night worrying over the next tax collection.

Grigori's brothers ran when a bolt landed a little too close to the bushes they were hiding in, but he stayed glued to the spot, unsure if it was fear or rage that had him shaking so intensely. After the hunters had passed, a dead fox turned its head and looked right at him. He knew it was dead, it had to be. The bolt that pinned it to the ground must have pierced both of the animal's lungs, but it opened its eyes and looked right at him. That wasn't the last time Grigori snuck out into the woods, but it was the last time his brothers went with him. He spent time with the few animals that were left after the lord's drunken rampages, feeding those who could no longer find food or prey and healing the ones who had been carelessly injured and left to die. He learned which were indifferent to him as the animals on the farm, which would attack him if he came within a certain distance, and which could be bribed to let him closer. Still, his efforts were only those of one boy. And when the woods were all but devoid of life, he left home to join the coven.

TheGlyphstone

MM said he'll make final decisions on the 4 accepted players on Wednesday, I believe. There's already more than 4 applicants, so it can't hurt your odds to whip something up.

Sheet + background, version 2 (now with 100% more Traits!)

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12970

Backstory
Tonight, your training will be a story, a tale of my past, and a lesson. The story will be of my first vision quest, the time I ventured into the distant human lands of the north to cleanse a stain on the name of the Great Destroyer. The lesson shall be of power, and the knowledge that power can come in many forms and behind many faces.

There came a day in my apprenticeship, as there will be in yours, when my master decided he had nothing left to share. He told me so, and gave me a day to prepare, for in the baleful gaze of the next noon sun, we would fight to the death. I struck him down after long struggle, and tore his heart from his chest to consume the power that remained in his flesh, as someday I expect you will do for me. Still caked in his blood, I took his fetish mask for my own, carved the brand of a spirit shaman into my forehead, and burned the sacred herbs to learn what the spirits required of me.

They showed me a man, a human man, dark of hair and tall of body, in the garb of a forest hunter. They showed me this man, riding through a village of humans as the peasants cheered and chanted his name. They showed me this man, alone in a dark clearing, in the ceremonial garbs of a high priest and abasing himself before an altar to the Great Destroyer. I knew then what the spirits wished me to do, for this vision - if true - was an affront to all that is right in the world. The Destroyer is of the Orcish people; a great and terrible power, an embodiment of our blood-borne right to wreak carnage and ruin. To worship him and thus draw his eye is the highest folly. For the worshipper to be a frail and pale-skinned human, no part of him a proper orc, was the brightest and most vile heresy. This 'Count Galdana' was marked for death, and the spirits had chosen me to deliver it.

I set forth on my journey the next day, garbed and protected from all my enemies. A wide-brimmed cap shielded me from the cruel light, an enchantment of illusion on said hat shielded me from the eyes of those who fear and hate our people, and a sturdy suit of woven darkcloth leaves shielded me from the blades of those who pierced my magical disguise. For weeks I traveled, arriving at last in the lands of the human Galdana, and finding as expected he would be no easy kill. His guards and servants were many, and his peons adored him unaware of his blackened heart. I could not turn his tribe against him, nor slay him alone, and so I sought and found allies - others whom this Galdana had wronged, who sought his death with as much fervency as did I. They feared and distrusted me, but recognized my power, and the vengeance boiling in their veins knew our strengths would be greater united, and united in a hunt for the heart of the human warlord whose every breath was an insult to our culture.

Yukina

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ershin on November 09, 2013, 02:34:12 PM
Hi there, this might be a bit late in the day to put this up since there are already so many applicants looking to join, but I was wondering if I may throw my proverbial hat into the ring for applications? I was considering making a Changeling with the Dreamweaver archetype, but may I ask how much time I'd have to come up with a back story and a sheet, or do you have enough applicants for this game already?

TheGlyphstone is correct, you have until Wednesday.  I will consider all submissions and select the ones I think will best fit together.

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 09, 2013, 02:55:25 PM
I'm sad to say that I will be dropping out.

I am sorry to hear that, Yugishogun.  I hope we might have the opportunity to write together another time.

MasterMischief

There has been some concern expressed over the amount of sex I intend to include in this story.  I make no guarantees.  I will not force your characters into situations if they choose to walk away.  I am also ok if someone would rather 'fade to black' instead of drawing a particular scene out.  That being said, I do want to include adult material.  It was the reason I posted here instead of Non-Adult Roleplays.  How much is too little/too much?  I am sure all of our preferences are different.  I am thinking, for this story, I would like to keep the number of posts for a scene involving sex between 2-4.  I think that gives us enough for a volley and should not bog the story down too much.  This will not be a hard and fast rule and I am open for negotiation.

After reviewing people's O/Os, it seems we have one character that will likely pursue M/M encounters and at least one person where M/M is an off.  I want to be respectful of people's boundaries and at the same time I want to explore everyone's preferences.  I feel this leaves me in a bit of a quandary.  I could  simply make sure I do not select both people, but I feel that is too heavy handed.  I could give warning that I am going to introduce M/M content and allow those uninterested to skip those posts.  I open the floor to other suggestions. 

TheGlyphstone

There's a few solutions, in arranged order of ease:

1) Heavy use of spoilers - any sex-related scenes go into labeled spoilers, people can just choose to open them or not depending on their O/O. A good option for the O/O conflict issue, but still can result in the game being bogged down by sex.

2) Side-threads when 2 or more people want to wander off and have some smexy time together or with NPCs. This can also be used to avoid bogging down the plot with sexytimes, since the main plot-related thread can be summed up in the 2-4 posts as mentioned and then timeskip to afterwards, while the side-thread is used to actually play out the scene in as much depth as the participants want. IMO, the best option.

3) Have smexy time longer than 2-4 posts be relegated to private PM between the participants. I don't like this option because it feels like pushing people out of sight, which might go against the 'everyone-inclusive' intent of the game, but if it's enforced across-the-board regardless of what's included then it's at least impartial.

Ixy

I'm sorry if I seem indecisive, but can you take a look at these two character ideas?  I have't gone 'full bore' on either character's day-to-day routine, allies and enemies, or stats just yet.

Thanks for your time, and any feedback.

Quitxi is a fine-haired, blonde Piper, angelic-voiced and graceful in both theater and dance.  Credited with possessing fae blood, she is perceived as a catalyst for a fine party, stirring the guests to wild excess with her 'wild aura' of satyric magic... when, in truth, she has never had need to turn her arcane abilities toward profit.  While she could, certainly, manipulate the minds of the eager hosts, she finds it more satisfying to allow them to labor under their delusions that they are being twisted toward corruption... not simply reveling in their inhibited, hedonistic sides.

Despite being a fixture at many nobles' parties (a reputation inspired as much by her ability as the rarity of her species), she is a pariah of the cities, finding 'open' acceptance only among those on the fringes of society.  She shows little objection, as the distance permits her the privacy to pursue her true purpose-- the secret communion with ancient magics, and the rediscovery of lost knowledge that, through many peoples' generations, have become silent at their practitioners' eradication and persecution.  No one likes to have their delusions thrown in their face, and as such, the wealthy merchant who by the evening begs her to pleasure his foreign-born wife might, by morning, turn up his nose and shrug diffidently at the 'goat-horned trash' that shares the street with him.

Born to a noble family, Savine was a child when her family was driven from its office in shame under the auspices that they practiced evil magic.  The charges may have been true, but were most likely the result of a generations-spanning cold war between her family and their rival-- whose youngest daughter, days before, had married an aging baron of great wealth and influence.
Savine, but a child, went from great privilege to immediate servitude when her father died shortly thereafter, leaving his debts to consume what remained of the family's wealth.  She spent her later childhood a servant to the very family that had broken their titles, keeping the grounds where she'd once ridden horses, and emptying chamber-pots where she was once tutored by an elven governess.  Her family lived in this perpetual servitude until the teenage girl forged a pact with a hermit in the nearby woods-- in exchange for her loyalty and service, he would help her contact forces beyond this world, and provide the mentorship she would need to avenge her family's wrongs.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ixy on November 09, 2013, 09:10:07 PM
Her family lived in this perpetual servitude until the teenage girl forged a pact with a hermit in the nearby woods-- in exchange for her loyalty and service, he would help her contact forces beyond this world, and provide the mentorship she would need to avenge her family's wrongs.

I think the second better fits the setting and feel I am aiming for.

Anon315

Name: Daenan the Brown
Archetype: Hedge Witch
Background
Daenan has always been a pretty easygoing fellow. His size kept him from being bullied, despite the fact he was about as nonviolent as they come. From a young age he'd been sort of a protector of the weak. When as a young boy he found a tiny critter injured and prayed his hardest for it to survive, little would he know that his prayers would be answered from a power beyond his consideration. When it was healed, he found that his own touch could heal creatures on its own. He started working as a healer for his town in his later teens, which is when he met Dina. She was a small girl, picked on more than most. He tried to keep the other children from bullying her, but working as he did he didn't have the time one would need to devote to keeping children from harassing an odd girl. One day, when Daenan went to see his small charge, she was gone. Her family had shipped her off to who knows where, and he was left to his routine: gathering herbs, performing odd jobs, and curing the sick and injured. The town was never so alive.

Then one day Dina reappeared. She spoke of an atrocity committed by the count. A burning of a witch... it was not so unheard of a thing. The fearful folk of Amaans would certainly grow concerned about witchcraft and its potential effect on their souls and well-being. What struck Daenan though was that rather than showing compassion for Dina and her suffering, they told her to leave. They sent her away. He tried to speak to their sympathy, their compassion, but found it lacking. Disgusted by the callous disregard shown by those of his village, he left before they began looking too deeply into just how good of health all the townsfolk were in. He wasn't about to be branded the next heretic and exiled.

Daenan took to the woods. He lived off the land, having always been a handy sort in any undertaking it was not particularly difficult. With his small animal friends he survived. At times he could almost speak to them, it was not so poor a life. Word travels quickly in certain circles, and word came that Count Lucinean Galdana was to be hunted. A coven was bringing the fight to him, in recompense for his past misdeeds. Daenan is surely a live and let live sort, but he also knows the teachings of Pharasma: if you have done good in life, you have naught to fear from death. If you have done evil in life, you will be weighed and found wanting, left to eternal suffering as you should be. Sometimes the best thing you could do for an animal was to put it down. Sometimes men were no better than animals. He set off to find this coven and offer his aid, scant though it be, in their undertaking. At worst he would be able to salve their wounds. Mayhap he would even see Dina again.

Phaia

Is there still room for this if so I had acouple of questions.
Like how long has the 'nice' Count been doing his  'duties' out there

I have an idea for a character that is his daughter from an early assault!!

Phaia