Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Kathyan on November 23, 2018, 07:57:20 AM
And speaking of objectification how would you feel about being objectified by objects, for the mimic's dungeons I planning on using mostly shapeshifters and animated objects, you'll never know what is or what's not in there. :P  Also I was even considering this idea about having every room look like a rest room. ;D

I kick the bed and stare at the chair accusingly.

Ampere

Quote from: Kathyan on November 23, 2018, 07:57:20 AM
I don't know viable will it be to have the plant guy and the fungi gal working together. I have pretty similar ideas to your for her dungeon with spores and mold growing everywhere, good thing is I can have a pretty varied choice of creatures since I'd be able to infect pretty much anything with spores. :P

And speaking of objectification how would you feel about being objectified by objects, for the mimic's dungeons I planning on using mostly shapeshifters and animated objects, you'll never know what is or what's not in there. :P  Also I was even considering this idea about having every room look like a rest room. ;D

The animated object idea would certainly have legs (so to speak), and I rather like the idea of rest rooms that are really traps.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Kathyan

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 23, 2018, 07:59:59 AM
I kick the bed and stare at the chair accusingly.

Quote from: Ampere on November 23, 2018, 08:20:31 AM
The animated object idea would certainly have legs (so to speak), and I rather like the idea of rest rooms that are really traps.
They wouldn't necessarily need to have legs but it can be arranged.

I'm picturing now the thief picking a lock only to have the lock grab her by the wrists in return. ::)

Roleplay Frog

IN MIMIC DUNGEON, LOCK PICK YOU!

Ah, you've been thinking of the same meme.. though I'm not into objectifying, well, beyond a base-line bdsm context. *chuckles*

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 23, 2018, 07:05:09 AM
So far of all the options most interested in Hyena's. Do you prefer twin-action or stout dwarfen class A breeding material? :P

All of the above since I enjoy voluptuous figures and twin magic. And I cannot narrow it down because you are all spellcasters But if I have to choose one or the other, I'd pick the twins since it'll mean more magic power for the offspring and more secrets of magic to steal.

Ampere

As everyone else seems to be doing it and never let it be said that I don't follow along behind the herd:
Tinesia Quinn

Tinesia Quinn

Adventurer

Background: Tinesia is a scholar by nature, but a warrior by birth. In an ideal world she'd be able to hide away in the darkest corner of her uncle's library and gorge herself on knowledge. But, as the half-elven daughter of the doughty Tobias Quinn (noted philanderer and slayer of fell beasts) she is expected to follow in her father's wake and eventually take over as the leader of Quinn's Irregulars the notorious mercenary group. Her current task is to gain some first hand experience as a warrior by working as an adventurer.

Great weapon fighter - half elf (Sage background)
Prof: +2
AC: 16
Passive Perception: 12
HP: 12
Init: +1
Spd: 30'

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT:  13 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Skills:
Arcana +3
Athletics +5
History +3
Intimidation +2
Medicine +2
Perception +2

Saves:
STR (+5) DEX (+1) CON (+4) INT (+1) WIS (+0) CHA (+0)

Proficiencies:
Light, Medium and Heavy Armour, Shield
Simple and Martial Weapons

Attacks:

Hand Axe +5 Attack Bonus, 1d6+3 damage
Great Axe +5 Attack Bonus, 1d12+3 damage
Warhammer +5 Attack Bonus, 1d8+3 damage

Gear:

Chainmail
Common clothing
Ink
Ink pen
Small knife
Explorer's Pack
Belt Pouch (10gp)

Amani Korak

Amani Korak

Adventurer

Background: Amani was a gladiator and a consummate show-stealer. What she lacked in vicious killer instinct, she more than made up for with charisma and acrobatic panache. In fact, it was all going swimmingly and there was even talk of a wealthy patron taking an interest in the young warrior. And that's more or less when everything went wrong. It was bad enough being put in a position where she had to take a life, but when the apparently dead body got up and continued their fight, the gladiator was convinced her time had come. In extremis she call out for aid, only to find her plea answered by the Death Goddess herself.

Raven Queen, Warlock - human (Gladiator background)
AC: 13
Passive Perception: 13
HP: 7
Init: +2

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 9 (-1)
INT:  12 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Skills:
Acrobatics +4
Arcana +3
Deception +5
Performance +5

Saves:
STR (+0) DEX (+2) CON (-1) INT (+1) WIS (+5) CHA (+5)

Proficiencies:
Light Armour
Simple Weapons

Attacks:

Quarterstaff +2, 1d6 damage
Whip +4, 1d4+2 damage
Light crossbow +4, 1d8+2 damage
Dagger +4, 1d4+2 damage

Pact:

Sentinel Raven: when raven is perched on shoulder add Cha bonus (+3) to passive and active perception checks.

Spells:
Cantrips - booming blade, mage hand
1st Level - sanctuary, expeditious retreat

Gear:

Leather armour
Outfit, costume
Dungeoneer pack
Component pouch
Belt pouch: 15gp

O&O's

Guancyto

Vergil1989

Yes I believe so, although we could use some men since almost everyone here has some variation of women.  :D

Speaking of though, class wise, what don't we have?  I ask because I'm thinking of making an adventurer myself once I've gotten some sleep.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Conundrum

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Conundrum

Throwing in four potential adventurers of varying types and gender to help provide party options.

Xola

Xola

Born and raised in far off plains to a mixed tribe of races she never knew the strangeness of her circumstances.  Playing with the other children who were the same or similar to her she simply lived her life and trained to fight from some of the great warriors of their tribe.  It was only after she set out into the world at large she learned more of how different her people were and the contrast between her customs and theirs.  She has adapted though and continues to adapt, she must complete her mission after all.  As she is one of the strongest of her tribe reaching adulthood she must go out into the world and find a mate to strengthen the tribe, though her mother tells her whoever she picks to love is fine.

Brutus

Brutus

A travelling knight Brutus still has many years before he is expected to claim his own keep.  Currently he is simply spending this time adventuring about the land with his few retainers and periodically leaving them at inns whiles he goes off gallivanting with the young women of the land or looking for some danger to overcome.  Now he has traveled some distance to this land supposedly plagued with dungeons and their great beasts.  With banner high, boasts in his throat, and warhammer in hand he intends to collect a fellow group of vagabonds and create a great tale they will tell here for generations to come.

Thoneos

Thoneos

Previously a veteran scout in a mercenary band Thoneos has recently come to the conclusion that there is too little danger for too little pay.  Nobody respects or gives great rewards and accolades to the scout who crawled through the undergrowth for three days to discern the location of the enemy camp.  Everyone heaps their gold on the knights or greatswordsmen who charged the unprepared enemy lines to rout them for an easy victory.  All the while he sits in the back with the other bowmen earning an extra gold a day over them.  Adventurers though, them he figures must know the value of a good scout with keen eyes and good bow.  Leaving the service of his previous employer he is now using his dwindling funds to find some party to take him on.

Drift

Drift

A thief turned spy Drift has been forced to go on the run in recent years as the spy network she was apart of was unraveled and burned by some of their opponents.  Being low on the totem poll it was easier than most for her to escape from the destruction and has since moved far away from anyone who would know her.  Still the experience left her worried about the whole thing and has taken a more direct and easier to understand route in life and taken up adventuring.  With her deft fingers and ample skills she assumes that she will be relatively good at it even if she has limited experience in such matters.

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Vergil1989

Huh, those are actually pretty cool Conundrum.  I especially like Xola and Drift although that Dragonborn looking guy looks like Zaria's first slave to me given her planned time spent with a certain lizard man lol.  Seriously though, I'd love to meet them.

And here are my two heroes finally.  :D

I need help figuring out Sandra's spell DC or spell attack or whatever it was, but otherwise I believe both of them are done and taken care of.

Player Name:  Vergil1989
Character name:  Shannoa Key
Intent to Play:  Adventurer
History:  Shannoa was born in Baldur's Gate but her family, having originally come from the desert city of Calimshan, returned there once she and her mother was fit to travel.  Despite the fact most of the city is still ruled by many corrupt merchant guilds and thieves guilds, among other such individuals, life among so many exotic peoples as the years went by inspired Shannoa to become a fearsome if respected warrior.  While she's yet to have had a serious test of her skills, the young giant of a woman has heard tale of strange Dungeons appearing in another time and place not so different from her own world, and with a little magical aid, makes her way to the inn where others like her have already gathered...

Stats

Player Name:  Vergil1989
Character name:  Sandra Lightbringer
Intent to Play:  Adventurer
History:  Some books are better left alone, a lesson a too inquisitive Sandra learned too late as she got her hands on a book of eldritch secrets that has since gifted her with strange, at least by her reckoning, powers and abilities.  Born and raised in Calimshan like her friend, Shannoa, it was through Sandra's father, a respected and powerful wizard and honorable merchant, that they were able to travel to the land where she might be able to gain the experience needed to hone her budding warlock abilities, all while making sense of the...additions that were made to her person.

Stats
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

tuckers02

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Vergil1989

Quote from: tuckers02 on November 24, 2018, 05:54:49 PM
Still need adventurers?

Always.  ;D

And I think I got the rest of Sandra and Shannoa taken care of.  Hopefully they meet with Aenon's approval.  :D

Roleplay Frog

Markam Krohn
Hero
Backstory
Although he would utterly refuse to admit it, the grim warrior Markam was adopted and raised by the fairyfolk of the forest. As a fey-foundling he obviously never belonged and felt it quite a lot stronger than for example a half-elf would have. Still, with unearthly, playful patience the fair folk helped him tame his darker parenting urges and nurtured his mind beyond basic combat strategies.

As a result, he became a rather effective mercenary, but ironically found himself disliking the brutality and bloodshed associated with most mercenary companies, seeking something better than to be a hired sword.. Like make a name among the adventurers and containing demonic threats to the lands.
This is what motivates him right now, standing grim and tall, with a sense of duty, albeit more to an idea than a person or law and a more or less well-hidden sense of humor.

Posting rate: Daily or near-daily, baring unforseeable RL interventions.
O/O: I'm all up into changing, (gender-changing-> impregnation), corruptioning and controlling, I'm not big into violence and brutality though and hope for an overlord to discuss things permanently affecting the character seriously ooc.. would extend the same courtesy of course.

Charsheet stuff:
Lvl 1 CG  Orc Barbarian
Backround: Mercenary Veteran
Stats: Armor Class: 14 HP: 15
Str: 18 +4
Dex: 12 +1
Con: 16 +3
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 10 --
Cha: 11 --

Racial qualities:
+2 Str, +1 Cons, Darkvision, Menacing, Relentless Endurance, Savage Attacks,
Languages: Orc, Sylvan, Common
Skill proficiencies: Athletics, Persuasion, Intimidation, Dice set, Perception, Survival
Class features:
Rage 2/d, Unarmored Defense

Equipment:
A Greataxe, Two handaxes, An explorers pack, Four Javelins
An insignia of rank, an insignia of your rank, a gaming set cards, and a pouch containing the remainder of your last wages (10 gp) 

rolls

Full disclosure; I rerolled once, Had a 6 and an 8 on the first go and the character ended up just being too vunerable in a pvp scenario.

126896   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:54   At 2018-11-24 18:25:54, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
126895   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:49   At 2018-11-24 18:25:49, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
126894   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:44   At 2018-11-24 18:25:44, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
126892   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:40   At 2018-11-24 18:25:40, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
126891   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:35   At 2018-11-24 18:25:35, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
126890   Noone or Anyone   2018-11-24 18:25:31   At 2018-11-24 18:25:31, alt check (uid: 33829) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15

tuckers02

Character name: Yenril Gladdenstone
Overlord or Adventurer: Adventurer (Monk)
Background: Yenril ended up at the secret Halfling monastery just after he was born.  Secret in that nobody knew anything about it.  It was just a rumor that made it's rounds whenever a baby would suddenly go missing.  Who could have imagined that it was true.  He never knew his parents and never left the monastery.  He grew up learning only what the monastery masters wanted him to learn, mainly the tradition of the Hidden Hills Halfling Style.  For 16 years he did nothing but study and learn the traditions of his monastery until someone finally found the secret Hidden Hills Monastery.
The attack was quick and unexpected.  Those in the monastery were vastly superior fighters but they were a small secret monastery that protected itself by being hidden.  The attackers simply overran them with numbers.  Being one of the younger Halflings that  hadn't yet reached adulthood, he was ushered out the back way with all the other children without actually seeing who'd attacked them.  The Halfling that saved them went back in to get others but never came back.  Yenril and the others wondered for days until they found a city.  There they had to survive so they all found something they were good at.  Yenril fell into a group of bandits and he put his talents to work stealing cargo on the trade route and eluding the guards over the next several years.  After the bandits were betrayed and caught, him being the only one that escaped because of his training; he now looks to join a group to get rich quick by ransacking a dungeon.
Expected posting rate: I can usually do at least one a day if I have something to post to.
O/O: Anything and Everything. 

Passive Perception: 14
HP: 10
Spd: 25'

STR: 11(+0)
DEX: 15 (+2)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT:   6  (-2)
WIS: 18 (+4)

Skills:
Acrobatics +4
Handle Animal +2
Insight +5
Stealth +4

Saves:
STR (+2) DEX (+4) CON (+2) INT (-2) WIS (+4) CHA (+0)

Features:
Unarmored Defense: 10+2 Dex+4 Wis
Martial Arts: Use Dex, 1d4 unarmed damage, bonus attack

Proficiencies:
Simple weapons, shortswords
One type of artisan's tools (Tinker's Tools), One type of gaming set (dice), vehicles (land)

Attacks:
Unarmed +4 attack, 1d4+2 bludgeoning
Shortsword +4 attack, 1d6+2 piercing
Dart +4 attack, 1d6+2 piercing

Equipment: Shortsword, 10 Darts, Explorer’s Pack, A set of dark common clothes, pack saddle, burglar’s pack and a belt pouch containing 5 gp.

Origin: Iron Route Bandit
Feature: Black-Market Breeder
You know how to find people who are always looking for stolen animals & vehicles, whether to provide for animal pit fights, or to supply some desperate rogues the means to get away faster on mounts during an illegal job. This contact not only provides you with information of what such animals & vehicles are in high demand in the area, but also offer to give you favors and information (DM choice) if you bring such animals & vehicles to them. Note: This is a variant of the Criminal Contact feature.
Personality Trait: I always form a powerful, emotional bond with my mount.  I tend to give animal owners breeding and care advice whether or not they want it.
Ideal: Freedom: I bow to no one I don’t respect. (Chaotic)
Bond: Once you’ve ridden with me and fought by my side, I’ll be there for you odds be damned.
Flaw: I talk to animals; I believe they understand me, even if they do not.

Race: Stout Halfling
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2.  Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Size: Small.
Speed: 25 feet.
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on the d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Stout Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance against poison damage.
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Halfling.

Aenon

Quote from: Ampere on November 23, 2018, 09:50:42 AM
As everyone else seems to be doing it and never let it be said that I don't follow along behind the herd:
Tinesia Quinn

Tinesia Quinn

Adventurer

Background: Tinesia is a scholar by nature, but a warrior by birth. In an ideal world she'd be able to hide away in the darkest corner of her uncle's library and gorge herself on knowledge. But, as the half-elven daughter of the doughty Tobias Quinn (noted philanderer and slayer of fell beasts) she is expected to follow in her father's wake and eventually take over as the leader of Quinn's Irregulars the notorious mercenary group. Her current task is to gain some first hand experience as a warrior by working as an adventurer.

Great weapon fighter - half elf (Sage background)
Passive Perception: 12
Init: +1

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT:  13 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)

Skills:
Arcana +3
Athletics +5
History +3
Intimidation +2
Medicine +2
Perception +2

Saves:
STR (+5) DEX (+1) CON (+4) INT (+1) WIS (+0) CHA (+0)

Proficiencies:
Light, Medium and Heavy Armour, Shield
Simple and Martial Weapons

Attacks:

Hand Axe +5 Attack Bonus, 1d6+3 damage
Great Axe +5 Attack Bonus, 1d12+3 damage
Warhammer +5 Attack Bonus, 1d8+3 damage

Gear:

Chainmail
Common clothing
Ink
Ink pen
Small knife
Explorer's Pack
Belt Pouch (10gp)

Amani Korak

Amani Korak

Adventurer

Background: Amani was a gladiator and a consummate show-stealer. What she lacked in vicious killer instinct, she more than made up for with charisma and acrobatic panache. In fact, it was all going swimmingly and there was even talk of a wealthy patron taking an interest in the young warrior. And that's more or less when everything went wrong. It was bad enough being put in a position where she had to take a life, but when the apparently dead body got up and continued their fight, the gladiator was convinced her time had come. In extremis she call out for aid, only to find her plea answered by the Death Goddess herself.

Raven Queen, Warlock - human (Gladiator background)
AC: 13
Passive Perception: 13

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 9 (-1)
INT:  12 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Skills:
Acrobatics +4
Arcana +3
Deception +5
Performance +5

Saves:
STR (+0) DEX (+2) CON (-1) INT (+1) WIS (+5) CHA (+5)

Proficiencies:
Light Armour
Simple Weapons

Attacks:

Quarterstaff +2, 1d6 damage
Whip +4, 1d4+2 damage
Light crossbow +4, 1d8+2 damage
Dagger +4, 1d4+2 damage

Spells:
Cantrips - booming blade, mage hand
1st Level - sanctuary, expeditious retreat

Gear:

Leather armour
Outfit, costume
Dungeoneer pack
Component pouch
Belt pouch: 15gp

Tinesia - Ok

Amani - hmm her hp look wrong, also plz note the first lvl trait from the pact

Xola - ok
Brutus - AC should be higher
Thoneos - Ok
Drift - OK

Shannoa - Why is the AC 18?
Sandra - Ok

Markam Krohn - Looks ok

Yenril Gladdenstone - You should probably write your halfling traits down too, otherwise ok

Vergil1989

Shanao's a variant human so she got a feat pretty early, and since she's a more Dex style fighter, she gets access to Chain Shirt, a Shield, and whatever else that bumped up her AC as high as it is.  I did the actual sheet over on D&D Beyond so the numbers should be accurate since all the math is done automatically, from there I just copied all of the relevant info over to Mythweavers.  Hope that explains it for ya Aenon.  :D  If she's good though I'll get her posted in the roster, but if I need to fix anything still I'll happily edit where I can.

And yay!  I'll get Sandra over at the very least real quick.  Thanks Aenon!

Aenon

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 25, 2018, 07:01:01 PM
Shanao's a variant human so she got a feat pretty early, and since she's a more Dex style fighter, she gets access to Chain Shirt, a Shield, and whatever else that bumped up her AC as high as it is.  I did the actual sheet over on D&D Beyond so the numbers should be accurate since all the math is done automatically, from there I just copied all of the relevant info over to Mythweavers.  Hope that explains it for ya Aenon.  :D  If she's good though I'll get her posted in the roster, but if I need to fix anything still I'll happily edit where I can.

And yay!  I'll get Sandra over at the very least real quick.  Thanks Aenon!

Hmm.. I think you probably wrote a chain shirt when it should be a chain mail then  :P The difference is the disadvantage on stealth checks otherwise you can refluff it if.

Vergil1989

I had a disadvantage on the armor I chose, so it probably was Chain Mail, my mistake.  :D  I can edit that real quick, no problem.  I just remember being annoyed my stealth checks were going to be rather useless lol, so yeah it was supposed to be a Chain Mail I believe.

tuckers02

Done.  I also added all the background stuff such as features and personality stuff.  And I added some bolding to make it a bit easier to read.

Conundrum

Quote from: Aenon on November 25, 2018, 06:56:47 PM

Xola - ok
Brutus - AC should be higher
Thoneos - Ok
Drift - OK

I upped Brutus's AC to 16.

Sethala

This definitely seems like a fun game.  Not sure what exactly I want to make.  If we've got room for another overlord, I'm thinking a mage that fills her dungeons with illusions and traps, as well as perhaps some mind-affecting spells, aiming to separate the heroes and make sure they can't tell ally from enemy.

Don't really have any strong ideas for heroines, but I might go with a cleric of some sort.

Ampere

Quote from: Aenon on November 25, 2018, 06:56:47 PM
Tinesia - Ok

Amani - hmm her hp look wrong, also plz note the first lvl trait from the pact

Thanks - copypasta failed me here, changed it to 7 hp and added Sentinel Raven from pact.

O&O's

firepyre

Markov
Adventurer?

Background: Some years ago, Markov's arm was hacked off as he fought rearguard to cover his party's retreat. Despite being left for dead, he managed to drag himself to a pocket of relative safety, cauterising his wound in flaming coals of a brazier. Weakened as he was, he spent weeks in that hellhole, before he had built up his strength enough to attempt an escape. The man who finally left that dungeon was a far cry from the bright eyed youth who had first entered. Gaunt and morose, but hardened, tempered by the experience. Changed. His once black hair now greyed from the ordeal, and in place of his missing arm, he sported a new right hand, glowing blood red with primordial demon magic, won from the dungeon master itself.

Expected posting rate: Every few days to daily, depending on my work roster and engagement level

O/Os: I'm generally fond of most stuff. Markov will probably be a sadist, taking pleasure in the suffering of his enemies, and his companions alike. In particular, I'm a big fan of bondage, enslavement, and sadism, particularly in extended, duress type situations, though I'm less interested in monsters, pregnancy, and body modification(demonic arms notwithstanding).

Betrayal: Markov definitely isn't Mr Nice Guy. I can see him being open to corruption by dungeon masters under the right conditions, though that could be a dangerous game, as there's every chance he'd simply decide to take over their position too. He'd typically act in his own self interest. I see his as a somewhat neutral force, equally likely to side with the dungeon masters as his fellow adventurers. I don't expect the other adventurers to willingly go along with this, with them either being coerced, or unaware of his true nature most of the time.

System: I'm not really familiar with dnd 5e, so it'll take me a little while to get my head around it, and post a sheet. I'd appreciate the help if anyone has any suggestions on how to turn my concept into a sheet.