"The Stolen Lands" NC: Pathfinder System Game

Started by PhantomPistoleer, August 06, 2013, 12:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Phantom Pistoleer Presents

Goal:
PhantomPistoleer will be GMing 'The Stolen Lands,' the first module in Paizo's 'Kingmaker' adventure path.

Setting:
This adventure takes place on the planet Golarion, along a turf of uninhabited land that's disputed among the River Kingdoms of northeastern Avistan.  The game begins on the first of Sarenith (June).  Most if not all player characters are from the nearby Kingdom of Brevoy, and act as agents for the crown.  You may download the player's guide from Paizo.com.

Character Creation:

• Level 1;
  • Standard Fantasy 15 Point Buy;
  • Races Available:  Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Half Orc;
  • Classes Available:  Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard;
  • HP:  Full at 1st Level; roll for subsequent levels;
  • GP:  150gp;
  • May have up to two traits; and,
  • All characters will have one additional (1) Kingmaker Campaign Trait, found in the Kingmaker Player's Guide.

Please use Myth-Weavers for character sheets.

Character Approval:
How to Submit a Character:
  • PM PhantomPistoleer saying, 'you got a problem with me?'  If yes, go to 4.  If no, go to 2.
  • Submit a brief (three sentences) character description of your character's gender, race, class and role in the party.  If Phantom Pistoleer likes, go to 3.  If he doesn't, go to 4.
  • Create a character sheet (and please don't take forever).
  • Sorry!  Maybe next time.

Be Social:  The characters that I am looking for are rugged individuals who are good at matters of travel and nature.  However, I am not looking for players who are solitary in nature.  All characters have to be good team players, and additionally, all characters will already know one another.

Gender Balance:  Characters need to be able to mingle, without anyone feeling left out.

GM Plays FavoritesPlease PM me if you are interested in submitting a character... in PM.  I'm trying to make a long-lasting game, and unfortunately, I don't jive with some players for a gross number of reasons.  Don't take it personally.  Also, please don't just dump a stat block on me -- the character sheet part comes later.

Player Expectations:
Adventure!  Romance?  Sex!  Violence!  These are things that you can expect from a game on E.  But also!  A fair GM!  And lots of bureaucratic paperwork!  Seriously, if you don't think you can handle the serious paperwork involved in running a kingdom, eff right off!  I'm not trying to be mean, but you seriously can't ask the GM to run your business, can you?  That's irresponsible.  And I'm looking for responsible players.  Who are also imaginative.  And patient.  And have a theoretical knowledge of Pathfinder.

Also!  I am looking for players who post at a reasonable rate (once every other day, with the exception of weekends).  Bam!  I just defined what a reasonable posting rate is.

Posting Conventions:
Players will use the following code to post.

Amazing Demi-God!
HP:  A Bazillion  AC:  70   Passive Senses:  30
Character Sheet

I am so pretty!  I love swinging my big sword!  Yay.

OOC:
Amazing Demi-God swung his sword.
Pertinent Dice Rolls.

[float=left][img]Image[/img][/float]
[size=18pt][b]Name[/b][/size]
[b]HP:[/b]  HP  [b]AC:[/b]  AC   [b]Passive Senses:[/b]  Perception + 10
[b]Status:[/b]  Status
[url=Bad Website]Character Sheet[/url]
[hr]
Text
[hr]
[b]OOC:[/b]

House Errata:
Initiative Order:  The Initiative Order is broken into three portions:  1)  Before Enemy's Turn;  2) Enemy's Turn; 3) After Enemy's Turn.  If there are multiple enemies, they will all function at the same time, using the mean of all initiatives as their turn order.  All characters with higher initiatives can post an action "out of turn order," so to speak.

Important Game Information:
Purchases:  It will be difficult to buy and sell items out in the bush.  If I recall correctly, the closest city is nearly three days away on horseback (although I may be wrong).
Hirelings:  You are encouraged to use hirelings to do menial tasks (train your horses, maintain your camp, keep guard of ???).  However, please don't use your hirelings like mercenaries.  You will probably need to hire at least a messenger so that you can keep in touch with the civilized world.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. might have to dig up my 'Callie' from an Rpol game that went south on this (we never explored more than four squares)

Why 15 BP though?

PhantomPistoleer

Because the GM is a dick and the game is set on HARD.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 06, 2013, 01:24:33 AM
Because the GM is a dick and the game is set on HARD.

No, just asking cause I was curious. :D

I admit to being used to making characters on PFS builds of 20 points BUT I'm game.

PhantomPistoleer

I am going to sleep.

If you don't hear back from me for the next 12 hours, don't panic!  I'm probably still sleeping.  Or being productive!  And mayhaps reproductive.  But you needn't know that!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

I'm through the first gate -- PP asked me to post to this thread.

Hammond Barksdale
Human Cleric of Erastil

Hammond is a Rostlander farmer, from a family of farmers, who have worked the same patch of land for generations. Each year the tired soil yielded a little less grain, the animals were a little more sickly, and it became a little harder to feed the fourteen mouths that cluster around the family table. Hammond began attending services to Erastil given by a kindly old priest in the nearby wood, and although the blessings of that deity didn't do much to help the harvest, they touched something in the simple man. He became a priest himself, which at least gave his parents one fewer child to care for. Now he feels he has been called to help settle the Stolen Lands, using little more than his two strong hands and his innate sense of fair play and community. What could go wrong?

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire
Human Rogue (Cayden Cailen)

Callie is the child of a Surtova bastard made good, her father was the 'Master of the Blades' for her grandfather. Who gave her father some measure of recognition and legitimacy but never fully acknowledged. He was titled but not landed, so he couldn't pass on his name to her and her mother was a minor noble from Taldan with no lands of her own. So she turned to the idea of pursuing a landgrant from the crown in the Lost Lands. She has taken to using her skills as a 'investigator' for her grandfather and looking to see how they can be used on the frontier. A gift for the blade, the ability to blend in and a knack for locks are useful skills anywhere, if you have the right sort of allies.

Ershin

Amelia Schoenberg
Human Sorcerer

Ms. Amelia Marlene Isolde Schoenberg is a human with a touch of magic about her blood, in addition to being (to her own eye, at least) a somewhat skilled artist. There are those in the world who would describe her as a sorcerer, though she isn't concerned over titles such as these. Amelia tends to see beauty in the world, though not at the cost of practicality... while certain flora and fauna can be gorgeous (and part of her reasons in travelling to the "Stolen Lands" is viewing new and exotic creatures and locations), they can also be deadly, and if they should threaten her or those she calls companions... well, blood red is a particularly attractive shade.

PhantomPistoleer

These characters are all looking very promising!

I am considering having four members in the party, and I may allow a number of parties to inhabit the world.

The Greenbelt is a very large piece of land.  It might be prudent to have a number of agents scouting it.  There are rather ambitious rules for "scouting" a hexagon, dependent on base speed, which I will address later.

I am also not a fan of "geographical" gameplay (wherein, if a character is here, he cannot be there!).  Characters are allowed to do mundane things at Oleg's Trading Post, even though their character is REALLY in the depths of a dungeon of some kind or another.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ixy

Molle Aliyev
Human Warrior
Born to a minor family once of House Lodovka, Molle was raised in the decaying estate of her family by a family rumored to have been cursed by a powerful warlock or fey king-- warriors of great renown, who offended a supernatural power and as consequence lost its titles, its fortune, and perhaps its collective sanity.  A trained and exceptional swordswoman, she nonetheless has no future in royal service, though she is obsessed with restoring her family's glory somehow.  She is emotional, irrational, tactless and prone to self-indulgence, but she has the makings of a fine warrior; she wields her blades well and is loyal to a fault, like a frenzied dog on a tenuous leash.

Chreestafer

I DMed this rp setting for a D&D group and might I add it was one of my favorites to do, so good luck guys and if you need players I can play but I don't wish to "cheat" by knowing the inside and outs. :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

PhantomPistoleer

All right.

I like all of these characters and players.  Please create character sheets!  I think there's another person that's interested in joining, and they can come along, too, if their character fits.  I would like to begin the game very soon.  Please, please, please get avatars to me as soon as you can so that I can make game tokens.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Images for Hammond "Hamm" Barksdale:

images

(Not sure which shape works better for you.)

ref: Kevin Durand from Robin Hood (2010)