Suite Affairs [Modern-Day, Character Driven, LGBT Friendly]

Started by Diesel Heart, April 06, 2017, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Original Post
Greetings, members of Elliquiy!

I have decided to try my hand at creating a group game with something I've been waiting to see for a long time but never seemed to pop up.  I'm not sure if it's something I'm alone in wanting or I just kept missing.  Either way, I'm sure there's some phrase out there about doing it yourself instead of waiting on someone else to do it.  So, what is it you might be asking?  Well, to put it simply, it's a setting for modern-day featuring characters from all walks of life that has no GM-centric plot where everyone is open to creating their own fun or otherwise.  I supposed to categorize it, it's a modern-day sandbox.  So, do I have your attention?  I hope so!  I'm not going to place down a large summary of information just yet because I'm not sure how much interest this will generate.  If I get at least 5 people placing interest, I'll edit this post with relevant information.  In the meantime, everyone can feel free to submit questions, offer suggestions or otherwise.  However, I do have a rough idea of what I'm presenting if the title of the Interest Check didn't give it away already.

A new building is being constructed in [insert city here], placed in the center of a prosperous district with scenic value.  Plenty of people have already bought out an apartment and have been patiently waiting for its completion.  With it's completion, other apartments have been opened for rent while others move in as scheduled.  The game will revolve around the tenants of the newly constructed apartment.  They all have their own lives to live, equipped with drama and appeal.  Everyone will be free to interact at their own leisure with very few limits.  The limits are included to prevent unnecessary drama and keep things relatively within order.  I believe everything else isn't necessary to place down because I feel everyone is already aware of general roleplay etiquette.  If I do have to place down rules of conduct, I will.

1.)  All players are restricted to 2 characters maximum at the start.
2.)  All posts shall include a header for organization.

As the title of the thread suggests, it will be open to any and all sexuality preference or otherwise.  Of course, it's important to note that this is a modern realistic setting so I will not be accepting characters that have fantasy elements.  If you want to play a futanari character, please be sure to label as hermaphrodite or whatever term is applicable that makes you feel comfortable.  Beyond this, everything is open to discussion or simply withheld until enough interest is generated.  Again, feel free to ask questions and I'll respond to them when I can.

Sincerely,
Diesel Heart

Suite Affairs
A Modern, Character-Driven and LGBT Friendly Group Roleplay

On August 14, 2014, real estate tycoon, Jay Paul, began a construction project on the northwest corner of San Francisco's Pacific Heights, fully intending to make another notch on his legacy of accomplishments.  At the end of an exciting two and a half years, the project met its completion and potential buyers were lined up from socialites within the city elite to the middle class blue-collar worker looking to own something more luxurious in life.  Aptly named 'The Triumvirate Suites', Jay was able to prove once again his ability to sell out property and walked away with a full housing in just short of a week's time.  [You], my fellow writers of Elliquiy, have been called to be one of those tenants, living a life of comfort in luxury and surrounded by other individuals from all variations of interests, insecurities and stories to tell.

Hi, my name is Diesel Heart and I'd like to invite you to come write in Suite Affairs!  While I may be the progenitor to this little slice of paradise, I am by no means the manager when it comes to creating an overarching plot that involves all participating characters, at least not by typical standards.  That's right!  This is a group roleplay that will feature no central story, instead placing all of the creative power into the hands of the characters and their players.  The characters may be of any gender, of any sexuality and of any ethnicity.  The only exceptions to this 'open-door policy' is the following rules:

Character Creation Guildelines

• All characters must be 18+ in age.  You are more than welcome to include younger characters as part of a family unit for the sake of immersion or depth, but they are not allowed to participate in sexually-related content.
  • Any sexuality, race or gender is applicable.  However, keep in mind the setting of modern realism.  If you have any desire to play a futanari, then please keep the anatomy realistic and label them as hermaphrodite.  On the other hand, anthromorphic or monstrous characters are not permitted.
  • Players are permitted two characters.  This does not include a certain character's family.  I am always an advocate to creating supporting characters to highlight or counteract a character's strengths and weaknesses.

[float=right][img height=350][/img][/float]
[b][size=10pt][font=trebuchet ms]Social Information[/font][/size][/b]
[size=8pt][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias(es):[/b] (Does your character have any nicknames or petnames?)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age (Date of Birth):[/b] (Provide the exact age and their birthday in parenthesis beside it, please.)
[b]Marital Status:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b] (On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being piss poor and likely not going to last long with paying rent and 10 being people with eight or nine digits in a bank account.)
[b]Civilian Occupation:[/b]
[b]Relations[/b] (The list below should include family members living with the character, including pets or roommates.)
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b][size=10pt][font=trebuchet ms]Physical Information[/font][/size][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Body Type:[/b] (Is your character an ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph?)

(Insert General Description Here)

[b][size=10pt][font=trebuchet ms]Professional Information[/font][/size][/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Education (Scholastic):[/b]
[b]Training:[/b] (Please list the amount of professional training your character has had in their career choice.  Think of it as a resume.)

[b][size=10pt][font=trebuchet ms]Personality Information[/font][/size][/b]

(Insert Description Here)

[b][size=10pt][font=trebuchet ms]Recreational Information[/font][/size][/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

Current Cast
Player

Diesel Heart

la dame en noir
Top Cat
GypsyRose
yesiroleplay
NightLux
Nisha95
Kokaine
EmrysMindscape
SlipperySue
Dashenka
Angel Fire
neoextra1
Relikai
     Character(s)

Emily Leanne Crowning (F)
Edward Gerald Hart (M)
Vivienne Marie Jacobs (F)
Parsifal Thompkins  (M)
Sara McComb (F)
Sharon Burke (F)
Joao Tomas Silvas (M)
Anita Sharma (F)
Annika Marie Quinn (F)
Ata Tupoi IV (M)
Susanthika Perera (F)
Victoria Rivers (F)
Amanda Luzia Silvas (F)
Susan Jones (F)
Eldric Han Jing Wen (M)

The Setting

The Triumvirate Suites' name is based upon the architectural design of three similar buildings.  Each building holds forty apartments, ten floors with four on each.  All three buildings adhere to a postmodern architectural design to accommodate the district's Victorian thematic.  While the exterior loosely adopts a high-tech element to place an emphasis on its structural design, especially with its contemporary oriel windows, the interior design sustains a strictly modern approach.  All three buildings are fastened with the latest technologies for temperature control and utilities.  They also all have been outfitted with security systems to significantly limit the chances of theft. 

The pinnacle of the three building's postmodern aesthetic, however, is their connecting Regency-era atrium with smart-glass overlooking a large fiberglass pool.  The atrium is outfitted with steep awnings to restrict external weather conditions from reaching the poolside and features ornate stucco within the arching pillars.  The pool itself has three connected tanning ledges, two modular units and a series of vanishing ledges for cascades and streams to attract the eyes.  Recreational activity surrounds the pool, equipped with a series of chairs, tables and fire-pits.  The bar is connected to a moderately-sized restaurant named The Mason, named after it's local celebrity chef, Henry Mason.

Surrounding the Triumvirate Suites is the affluent San Francisco neighborhood, Pacific Heights.  Located in one of the most scenic and park-like settings of northern California, it offers panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, and the Presidio.  The micro-temperate climate usually provides a clear sky, though it's not always warmer than other areas.

The Roleplay

As stated above, the characters are the focus of the roleplay and are the driving factors behind any concept of drama, tension, story and more.  All players are more than welcome to orchestrate their own conflicts with others with one exception:  when the outcome of a microplot affects the overall apartment building.  If this is expected to happen, please contact me before proceeding.  This way, I can enable it in a way that hopefully doesn't conflict with others interests.  Additionally, should someone wish to create a larger story that involves multiple characters, please pass it to me.  I am not opposed to creating a short-term story temporarily.

All posts shall contain a header detailing location, time of day, which character's point of view is being written and which characters they are interacting with or reaching out to.  The lists of threads scheduled to be launched are as follows:  Suite Affairs - Poolside & Bar,  Suite Affairs - Recreational Rooms, Suite Affairs - Main Buildings, Suite Affairs - Pacific Heights, Suite Affairs - The Mason.  Any and all individual apartments are left to player discretion.  I will add other threads as necessary as well.  When it comes to posting, I am going to be relaxed when it comes to frequency.  However, I do encourage people to post at least once a week.

Gypsy

I'm tentatively interested, depending on a couple of things.

How do you intend to separate the threads for posting?  Will there be common areas?   

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Diesel Heart

Quote from: GypsyRose on April 06, 2017, 12:55:10 PM
I'm tentatively interested, depending on a couple of things.

How do you intend to separate the threads for posting?  Will there be common areas?

I'll likely create three threads to start things out.  The first will be intended for day time, the second for night time and the third reserved for smut scenes.  I'm open to suggestions, however.  So, it's perfectly viable for someone to post their character in the lobby or some recreational room within the apartment for night or day time to open it for others.

GnothiSeauton

Tentatively interested here.

Always up for these kinds of groups.

Quote from: Diesel Heart on April 06, 2017, 12:59:51 PM
I'll likely create three threads to start things out.  The first will be intended for day time, the second for night time and the third reserved for smut scenes.  I'm open to suggestions, however.  So, it's perfectly viable for someone to post their character in the lobby or some recreational room within the apartment for night or day time to open it for others.

One route you might want to think about is to do it as location based, as opposed to time.  One thread for apartments, one thread for common areas, and one thread for sex scenes.  Might be a bit easier to manage and sort out.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Gypsy

Thanks for the response.   :-) 

If you go with that kind of setup, I wouldn't be interested -- too many people posting in the same threads with too many things going on just doesn't seem to work for me. 

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Capone

Tentative interest, though like Gypsy I feel it would work better with Gnothi's recommended location-based threads.

la dame en noir

There used to be something like this years ago and it withered a way. In short, I'm very much interested in this!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Diesel Heart

Thank you all for your interest and feedback!  I can easily accommodate for locations.  With the five of you sharing interest, I'll start writing up a more thorough presentation.  It will be up tonight or tomorrow around the afternoon (I'm in CST).

Neo In Matrix

| O/O Thread | O/O - F-List (Male) | O/O - F-List (Female) |

| Ideas (All Genders) | Face-Claim List and Galleries |

| a/a | RPs |
Apologies. Slow posting due to workload. But trying to match uo will quickly do. Thanks for your patience. .!!! :)

SlipperySue

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Nisha95

Tanglefoot

We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Gypsy

Keep in mind that for group games, you're allowed 2 threads per player.

I would suggest letting everyone have their own apartment thread, since that is the focus of your game, and some people might opt to share apartments.  I'd also suggest not segregating the smut.  If you go with location threads, let it happen where it happens, with maybe a catchall thread for locations that are likely not to recur.

But that's just my .02 -- and probably worth about as much.  I admit being prejudiced, because I have a hard time sorting through 20+ posts in one thread, trying to figure out the ones that actually might have something to do with my character(s).   In faster paced games, that's a killer for me.

SlipperySue

Quote from: GypsyRose on April 07, 2017, 07:21:30 AM
Keep in mind that for group games, you're allowed 2 threads per player.

I would suggest letting everyone have their own apartment thread, since that is the focus of your game, and some people might opt to share apartments.  I'd also suggest not segregating the smut.  If you go with location threads, let it happen where it happens, with maybe a catchall thread for locations that are likely not to recur.

But that's just my .02 -- and probably worth about as much.  I admit being prejudiced, because I have a hard time sorting through 20+ posts in one thread, trying to figure out the ones that actually might have something to do with my character(s).   In faster paced games, that's a killer for me.

Fully agree, separate apartment threads and common areas threads for meeting up with people and interacting before going to an apartment for smut content.

Sometimes even two characters per player can result in some players monopolising the play and cause other players to drop out.

Just my views to be taken onboard or thrown overboard to your own desire.

Top Cat

I also agree with GypsyRose's suggestion. That's how most freeform games run.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

yesiroleplay

I am interested.

And I agree with GypsyRose's suggestion.
A thread per apartment, plus one for the common areas like the lounge, lobby, gyms and pool area. (probably just one for all of those, expanded or branched if one of them becomes very popular)
And maybe an "about town" thread for the local bars, restaurants, coffee shops, the park across the street, etc...  again, one thread for all, possibly getting branched if the "Friends" style coffee bar becomes really popular.

Also, I'd be interested in talking to someone about pairing up - either as roommates, relatives, or as life-partners.

Top Cat

Yesi: I don't think we've RPed together before. Despite that, would you mind our characters being close friends who paired up in an apartment to keep their separate costs down? They've known each other for years, but haven't had the "spark" to be intimate - but they talk with each other about their dating troubles and successes now and then.

Does that sound useful?
O/O / Story Seeds

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Top Cat on April 07, 2017, 11:52:40 AM
Yesi: I don't think we've RPed together before. Despite that, would you mind our characters being close friends who paired up in an apartment to keep their separate costs down? They've known each other for years, but haven't had the "spark" to be intimate - but they talk with each other about their dating troubles and successes now and then.

Does that sound useful?
I can work with that.  I don't mind there being no chemistry at all with the roommate if you prefer, because there's a lot of good character development/drama in purely non-sexual roommate problems.  Is one more sexually active than the other?  How does that other handle the constant stream of partners the "slut" brings home?  Or maybe one or both have S/O's  that don't like the roommate, or that like the roommate too much...

Top Cat

Quote from: yesiroleplay on April 07, 2017, 12:01:34 PM
I can work with that.  I don't mind there being no chemistry at all with the roommate if you prefer, because there's a lot of good character development/drama in purely non-sexual roommate problems.  Is one more sexually active than the other?  How does that other handle the constant stream of partners the "slut" brings home?  Or maybe one or both have S/O's  that don't like the roommate, or that like the roommate too much...
Let's hold off on the planning for how their interactions work until we have characters in mind. I don't know whether I want to play a techie introvert who offers his repair skills to others in the apartment complex, or a more outgoing playboy. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Diesel Heart

Just to point it out in case it's missed, you can all refer to the original post of the thread to see what information I've created about the roleplay.  I'm still open to suggestions or questions.  In the meantime, feel free to post your character submissions or sent them to me privately before posting if you have questions related to it.

Again, thank you all for expressing interest and I look forward to it!

Gypsy

I have read through your post, and have just 1 question -- when you say that apartments are left to player discretion, does that include the ability to create a thread for their apartment, or will you be handling all thread creation?

Diesel Heart

Quote from: GypsyRose on April 07, 2017, 12:47:54 PM
I have read through your post, and have just 1 question -- when you say that apartments are left to player discretion, does that include the ability to create a thread for their apartment, or will you be handling all thread creation?

All players create their own apartment thread, following your suggestion.  Thank you, by the way.

Gypsy

You're welcome - and I will be getting a sheet together to submit.   :-)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory