Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View

Started by Rhedyn, January 21, 2011, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybl

I would become restless without the sun, I don't know how you do it. That has to be very difficult to deal with.

*hugs* hoping the sun shines for you soon.

Anjasa

Yea, it's bad enough that I've seriously considered moving more than once, but I don't want to deal with the stress and expense of it.

I'd love to go outside and read, but it's been about 12C lately (50ish F), so even if it wasn't raining, it'd be too cold to sit still.

Imogen

I hear you, Anjasa. Rain, rain, rain here as well although the temperatures are fortunately way higher than 12C, closer to 18/20, but without sun it doesn't feel like summer. Here's to hoping that August and September will be nice!

*hugs*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Night Stalker

Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

Oreo

You can send me all the rain and cold weather there is *will trade for hugs*. I actually cheer up and feel calmer when it is raining.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Rhedyn

Things have been looking up here I guess, not with the personal problems but I am not wallowing in depression anymore and it's certainly helped with allowing me to think clearly about stuff. I've been trying some new meditation techniques to help me combat it...so far so good, they seem to be helping and giving me a much needed boost through the emotionally difficult times I've been facing of late.

*leaves more hugs for all and apologies for not being round all that much*

Sybl

Any thing that helps, is a good thing Rhedyn,......No apologies needed, leaves you and all who want them, hugs.

Ariabella

So I can't remember if I mentioned the Office for Vocational Rehabilitation sent me for neuro-psychological evaluation to see if I was capable of learning (had any disabilities and the like), so the past 2 Thursdays have been spent actually with a psychologist. I don't know all of his findings yet, he will be going over everything and sending his report to my case worker BUT he did acknowledge that I am clinically depressed. The average score in his office is around 20 and I am at 40. He also feels (without me stating my opinion on meds) that he doesn't think meds will help that I do need therapy. Praise God someone who listened! So he is recommending therapy in his report. He has someone he thinks would be good for me but we don't know if she's taking new patients etc. so I'm still in a holding pattern. But I don't think he believes mine is a chemical imbalance, more like environment, life and stress. A spark of light!
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Rhedyn

I'm glad you seem to be getting somewhere with it and have found someone who is actually listening to you Ariabella *offers hugs* I hope that spark of light continues to grow!

Ariabella

*hugs back* I'm glad to see things are looking up for you as well. We shall see what happens but I'm hoping the light grows as well.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Rhedyn

Thank you, they are getting there. The depression has lifted for now, thank the gods because I'm not sure how well I would have been able to deal with the relationship problems that have been going on if I had still been in it's sway.

wolvenrogue

Back a few posts , zilzilhi (did i spell it right?) spoke my thoughts. I'm bored and depressed.  I hope its OK for an unapproved member to write here. If not just tell me and I'll go away.  I have always been a pleaser, since I was  a small child. My joy comes from others acceptance and their smiles. lately life is full of rejection... even from my father who is in a nursing home, and needs me, but doesn't ever seem to be pleased by what I do. When I visit he talks about what isn't right. He's in hospice and slowly dying. His mind is slowly leaving him. It isn't his fault, so it becomes mine. I came here to Elliquiy because it is supposed to be an accepting place, and one that will allow me an escape in role play. is it wrong to want to escape? Is it wrong to need acceptance? The introduction process has been a disaster for me. My ability to communicate with others is limited, and when i try to use the the places I can go to communicate, I get a repremand.  Its been 6 days... and no approval... everyone says that is normal, but i can see from the archived intros that its not, look for yourself.  Everyone  tells me to be patient, and will say no more... no clues on how to please. Its driving me crazy. I'm loosing sleep over it and it makes no sense. I keep hoping as each day passes that i will be approved and this whole thing will be behind me. Its just a website. Why does it matter so much to me. I cant shake it.  My rational mind says forget it and go away, but I cant for some reason. I hope the approval team wont hold what I write here against me. If they are trying to see if I'll crack, they win, I have.  Soooo... this blog is my last hope for Elliquiy.  I sympathise with the depressed here because I have joined you. I hope you won't mind sharing with me. If I can't hang on here, I think I'm done.

Sybl

*Leaving hugs for all who need them*

Quote from: wolvenrogue on August 18, 2011, 04:26:31 PM
Back a few posts , zilzilhi (did i spell it right?) spoke my thoughts. I'm bored and depressed.  I hope its OK for an unapproved member to write here. If not just tell me and I'll go away.  I have always been a pleaser, since I was  a small child. My joy comes from others acceptance and their smiles. lately life is full of rejection... even from my father who is in a nursing home, and needs me, but doesn't ever seem to be pleased by what I do. When I visit he talks about what isn't right. He's in hospice and slowly dying. His mind is slowly leaving him. It isn't his fault, so it becomes mine. I came here to Elliquiy because it is supposed to be an accepting place, and one that will allow me an escape in role play. is it wrong to want to escape? Is it wrong to need acceptance? The introduction process has been a disaster for me. My ability to communicate with others is limited, and when i try to use the the places I can go to communicate, I get a repremand.  Its been 6 days... and no approval... everyone says that is normal, but i can see from the archived intros that its not, look for yourself.  Everyone  tells me to be patient, and will say no more... no clues on how to please. Its driving me crazy. I'm loosing sleep over it and it makes no sense. I keep hoping as each day passes that i will be approved and this whole thing will be behind me. Its just a website. Why does it matter so much to me. I cant shake it.  My rational mind says forget it and go away, but I cant for some reason. I hope the approval team wont hold what I write here against me. If they are trying to see if I'll crack, they win, I have.  Soooo... this blog is my last hope for Elliquiy.  I sympathise with the depressed here because I have joined you. I hope you won't mind sharing with me. If I can't hang on here, I think I'm done.
Welcome wolvenrougue, It took me 7 days to get approved.. truly.
you are most welcome *hugs*
This thread is for all unapproved and approved, for all who needs and wants support.

Quote from: Ariabella on August 18, 2011, 12:22:41 PM
So I can't remember if I mentioned the Office for Vocational Rehabilitation sent me for neuro-psychological evaluation to see if I was capable of learning (had any disabilities and the like), so the past 2 Thursdays have been spent actually with a psychologist. I don't know all of his findings yet, he will be going over everything and sending his report to my case worker BUT he did acknowledge that I am clinically depressed. The average score in his office is around 20 and I am at 40. He also feels (without me stating my opinion on meds) that he doesn't think meds will help that I do need therapy. Praise God someone who listened! So he is recommending therapy in his report. He has someone he thinks would be good for me but we don't know if she's taking new patients etc. so I'm still in a holding pattern. But I don't think he believes mine is a chemical imbalance, more like environment, life and stress. A spark of light!

I am very happy for you Ariabella *hugs*

Rhedyn

First of all welcome wolvenrogue, you are welcome to post here and I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time of it with things at the moment *offers hugs and understanding*

I would also just like to reassure you that it can take a while to get through the process, please try not to take the length of time as a slight or personal dig, it took me 10 days to get an answer when I applied.

*also echoes Sybl's comment that the thread is for everyone who needs it - she snuck in while I was replying* ;)

Sybl

Quote from: Rhedyn on August 18, 2011, 04:40:03 PM
First of all welcome wolvenrogue, you are welcome to post here and I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time of it with things at the moment *offers hugs and understanding*

I would also just like to reassure you that it can take a while to get through the process, please try not to take the length of time as a slight or personal dig, it took me 10 days to get an answer when I applied.

*also echoes Sybl's comment that the thread is for everyone who needs it - she snuck in while I was replying* ;)

XD I do that on occasion don't I Rhedyn :P  oh lovely new avatar too, very pretty and bright.

*Welcome's to all who enter into this place of love and support*

Rhedyn

Yes you do!   >.>

Thanks, I'm also loving your new one! I decided I needed something a little different and she felt kind of fitting today really :)

Sybl

ClockworkShadow made it for me, when I asked her if she could combine my 2 favorite avatars to show my personalities, she did a wonderful job, I am very comfortable with it.

Rhedyn

She really did, I think it's beautiful and very you :)

wolvenrogue

Sybl and Rhedyn,

Thanks so much for the compassionate response. I guess I'll hang here for a while, and just wait it out. It really has been a struggle, and the odd thing is it doesnt make any sense how I'm feeling. Thing is I can't control it. I hate that. I'm kinda odd that way... both a control freek and a pleaser rolled into one. Help me not to look at the archives anymore. It just feeds my insecurity about the whole thing. I'm glad I came here. It turned things around a little. It should be easier over the weekend. I have a wedding to attend. I'm providing the music (I'm a musician) so with rehersals and such I'll be busy friday and saturday. I may stop by now and then if I can. If I'm not here, its not cause im hiding.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts and words, and being willing to listen. Hope sometime I can do the same for you.

Wolvenrogue

Rhedyn

Truly I can empathise, depression has this tendancy of warping our thoughts and feeding the negative aspects of our personalities. I find when I am in a slump I become very insecure as well and I feel very guilty, more so then normal with regards to other people, constantly questioning myself, my responses and how they have been received by others. I like to please too, always have and if I don't feel like I'm doing that I feel incredibly deficient and self critical.

I hope your weekend and the wedding goes well wolvenrogue and that it is busy in the good sense for you.

Sybl

Quote from: wolvenrogue on August 18, 2011, 05:34:56 PM
Sybl and Rhedyn,

Thanks so much for the compassionate response. I guess I'll hang here for a while, and just wait it out. It really has been a struggle, and the odd thing is it doesnt make any sense how I'm feeling. Thing is I can't control it. I hate that. I'm kinda odd that way... both a control freek and a pleaser rolled into one. Help me not to look at the archives anymore. It just feeds my insecurity about the whole thing. I'm glad I came here. It turned things around a little. It should be easier over the weekend. I have a wedding to attend. I'm providing the music (I'm a musician) so with rehersals and such I'll be busy friday and saturday. I may stop by now and then if I can. If I'm not here, its not cause im hiding.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts and words, and being willing to listen. Hope sometime I can do the same for you.

Wolvenrogue
Wolvenrogue,
I hope you get approved, I really do, because approved members can do more than post here, we can PM each other, when we want to check in and say hello, send supportive PMs.. etc.
I am glad you posted and you have my support any time you need it. A *hug* will be here for you. I know the rest of us here feel the same way.
*Great big hugs*

Sybl

wolvenrogue

Good news! Sybl got a laugh out of me and my RP partner in non-adult who just got approved, decided to stick around and continue.

Thanks all for brightening my evening.

Wolvenrogue (tail wagging)

Sybl

That is excellent. I am happy to hear this. It is amazing what a little positive gesture can do for another. *hugs*
Thank you for visiting my blog, if your approval is granted, you will be able to view so much more of Elliquiy, and meet more of the wonderful people who are here.

:)

Chelemar

Hi Sybl,

*hugs*

I love your new avatar.  It's really quite wonderful! :)  Just like you. (snuggles)

Sybl

Quote from: Chelemar on August 18, 2011, 07:59:40 PM
Hi Sybl,

*hugs*

I love your new avatar.  It's really quite wonderful! :)  Just like you. (snuggles)

Hey Chele.. :)

*hugs* thanks so much, I feel the same about you.. *snugglehugs*