Mercy Inc. - [F for F, Modern, Undead]

Started by MissFire, March 15, 2016, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Awake now? Get up. Ah, there we go. One more soul to the call.

What if I told you that Gods were real? Yes, plural.
What if I told you that they were less than you expected but more than you think?
What if I told you that zombies, vampires, werewolves and more all existed?
What if I told you that those feelings of dread you felt under your covers as a child were justified?
What if I told you that Death paid taxes?

There's so much to tell you and I have so many ways I could begin.

Hello.

There. That will do nicely.

My name is meaningless, but if you must attach a word to me, people usually just call me Miss White. Very creative, I know. I will make this brief. The Gods are fickle things full of petty jealousies, rivalries, greed, lust, and all sorts of other negative traits we used to think belonged exclusively to mortals. My particular master is Death itself. It has a problem. The world we live in is so filled with violence and careless abandonment for the rites of it's departed that is has created an abundance of the departed. That is to say that the Grim Reaper has it's hands full. What it could once handle alone now spirals out of control. Wayward souls constantly slip through it's grasp and wind up back here on the mortal plane, where they emerge as the undead and creatures of darkness, whom have endeavored to create more undead, whom have then created more undead, which then create...

...You get the picture.

Unwilling to be seen as a failure by the other immortal beings on high, Death has created Mercy Inc. which aids in hunting down these rogue abominations. I don't care who or what you were in your past life. When you died your soul was strong enough to heed The Call. Congratulations. You have just been hired.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Additional inspiration! Thinking perhaps her for your character? Not set in stone, but I do like the image and I think it pairs nicely with the one of White above.

One
Two

And two more of White.

Three
Four

Please PM me if the story snippet in my first post interests you. I'm working on some background for this behind the scenes and would enjoy fleshing out this world with another dedicated writer.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

- Sima Yi