Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ CLOSED!

Started by persephone325, August 01, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 03, 2016, 11:32:20 PM
Thank you! Could I use someone who I used in another X-men RP that seems to have died off? =/ This is the link to her https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204481.msg10023246#msg10023246

Would that be okay?

Oooh. I like that she has a 'calming presence'. Would it be bad if I had Laura react uneasily/badly towards her because she's so used to being in a state of hypervigilance and paranoia that suddenly feeling 'calm' for no conceivable reason actually makes her hyper aware of the fact she's being placed in a superficial state of relaxation, which she's aware/thinks makes her more vulnerable, and her survival instincts kick in for her to run like a spooked cat? xD

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

persephone325

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 03, 2016, 11:40:15 PM
Okay, thanks! I will look over it and see what I understand and shoot you a PM for what I don't

Sounds like a plan! :-)

Quote from: Amarlo on August 03, 2016, 11:44:28 PM
Oooh. I like that she has a 'calming presence'. Would it be bad if I had Laura react uneasily/badly towards her because she's so used to being in a state of hypervigilance and paranoia that suddenly feeling 'calm' for no conceivable reason actually makes her hyper aware of the fact she's being placed in a superficial state of relaxation, which she's aware/thinks makes her more vulnerable, and her survival instincts kick in for her to run like a spooked cat? xD

That would be interesting to see!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

DinaFlower

Quote from: Amarlo on August 03, 2016, 11:44:28 PM

Oh yes! But it is not part of her power. It is more of a personalty trait. But it would be very interesting!

Bibliophilia

I need a bit of a hand with a decision, guys.

So, in the Earth 616 timeline/universe/whatever, Jubilee is a depowered mutant who has been turned into a vampire.  Now, I like the idea of her having some of the vampiric powers, just to make her a bit less....squishy as mutants go.  However, I don't want her to be a full-on vampire without her original powers.

So, do you guys think it would be better to remove the vampiric idea altgether and make her just straight Jubilee pre-vampire and loss of powers, make her a vampire...or, do a sort of dhampir with mutant powers.

In the last scenario, I'm thinking that she would be about half as strong as a vampire, half as fast, with a greatly extended lifespan (but not immortal by any means) and suffer a reduced form of a vampires weaknesses.  So, rather than being killed by sunlight, she loses her vampiric powers when in direct sunlight.  Religious symbols don't affect her ('cause, honestly, that implies she's somehow demonic or something), but her heightened senses can be overwhelmed by sensory over-load (ala garlic).  And, of course, she can still be killed by a stake to the heart.  Oh, and she can drink blood, and derives energy and power from doing so, but she doesn't have to to survive and she can digest normal food as well.

I figure if I go with the final option, I can retain her original powers and keep her from being over-powered, since Jubilee was always a little less impressive than a lot of the other main mutants.  This would give her more ability to hold her own in a fight, too.

What do you guys think?

DinaFlower

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 12:13:47 AM

So, in the Earth 616 timeline/universe/whatever, Jubilee is a depowered mutant who has been turned into a vampire.  Now, I like the idea of her having some of the vampiric powers, just to make her a bit less....squishy as mutants go.  However, I don't want her to be a full-on vampire without her original powers.

So, do you guys think it would be better to remove the vampiric idea altgether and make her just straight Jubilee pre-vampire and loss of powers, make her a vampire...or, do a sort of dhampir with mutant powers.

In the last scenario, I'm thinking that she would be about half as strong as a vampire, half as fast, with a greatly extended lifespan (but not immortal by any means) and suffer a reduced form of a vampires weaknesses.  So, rather than being killed by sunlight, she loses her vampiric powers when in direct sunlight.  Religious symbols don't affect her ('cause, honestly, that implies she's somehow demonic or something), but her heightened senses can be overwhelmed by sensory over-load (ala garlic).  And, of course, she can still be killed by a stake to the heart.  Oh, and she can drink blood, and derives energy and power from doing so, but she doesn't have to to survive and she can digest normal food as well.

I figure if I go with the final option, I can retain her original powers and keep her from being over-powered, since Jubilee was always a little less impressive than a lot of the other main mutants.  This would give her more ability to hold her own in a fight, too.

What do you guys think?

This highly depends on the lore you want to go with on Vampires. I do not know this story arc. So I do not know the lore thy follow. But I like the idea of being a vampire. And in a lot of lore Vampires are not killed in the sun and are not effected by holy symbles.

Amarlo

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 04, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
Oh yes! But it is not part of her power. It is more of a personalty trait. But it would be very interesting!

Oh, not a power? -snaps fingers- I must have misread... I'm making a great first impression of myself. :P

What do you guys think?

I personally think if you go with the option you detailed, you'd probably be happier with her anyways. :) I don't really see any issue with it and it does seem like it'd be an interesting difference to play out for her, and since we have gender benders and I'm probably going to tweak Laura Kinney a little as well, I totally support this notion! Now... if you want me to be useful by making a vote on which you should play... Well I'm sorry, I'm useless here! :P

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

persephone325

What do you guys think?

I'm not being too strict and sticking so closely to the canon. I've reworked some of the canon character's biographies that I'm playing. I even removed a few of Jean's powers because... Well, I can't say. GM surprises and all!! ^^

I want the players to be happy with their characters and I don't want to put too many limits on creativity. Hence, there's a character that is gender swapped like Amarlo mentioned.

In this game, M-Day hasn't happened because Scarlet Witch is just a student for now. But if you wanted to say that some other kind of event happened that made her lose her powers, that would be totally OK.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bibliophilia

Persephone, I don't want her to lose her powers.  But, if you  would rather she have one or the other, then I'll just play her as non-vampiric Jubilee.

Amarlo

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 12:50:53 AM
Persephone, I don't want her to lose her powers.  But, if you  would rather she have one or the other, then I'll just play her as non-vampiric Jubilee.

From what I understand, I think Ms. Persephone is saying that you could potentially have it either way. ;D Just that if you decide to take her powers away, M-Day didn't happen, and it would have happened some other way. -nod nod-... I think that's what she's saying, at least. :P

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

persephone325

Quote from: Amarlo on August 04, 2016, 12:57:54 AM
From what I understand, I think Ms. Persephone is saying that you could potentially have it either way. ;D Just that if you decide to take her powers away, M-Day didn't happen, and it would have happened some other way. -nod nod-... I think that's what she's saying, at least. :P

^This is what I was saying. I apologize.
I don't know.

Orange Marmalade

First sheet done, working on a couple more.

I'd like to 'officially' reserve Hulkling - no faceclaim yet

And Iceman - Faceclaim Tyler Seguin
Tyler Seguin plays PC Iceman

persephone325

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 04, 2016, 02:47:08 AM
First sheet done, working on a couple more.

I'd like to 'officially' reserve Hulkling - no faceclaim yet

And Iceman - Faceclaim Tyler Seguin
Tyler Seguin plays PC Iceman

Will make the reservations! :-)
I don't know.

DinaFlower

I am thinking of writing up a second one. Just not overly sure on what I want to do yet. I have a few ideas.

persephone325

I have a few messages I need to reply to, but it's after 4am for me. So I'm gonna head to bed so I can coherently respond to them tomorrow! <3
I don't know.

Bibliophilia

I'm just gonna drop the vampire thing.  I like the idea of playing Jubes normally, and...well...clearly my memories from the cartoon did not reflect her true powers.  Girl is scary powerful.

Persephone, as far as type, I believe Jubilee would be a First of Family, right?  I mean, as far as I know she doesn't have any mutant family members, and her powers did manifest around puberty.

DinaFlower

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 07:00:34 AM
I'm just gonna drop the vampire thing.  I like the idea of playing Jubes normally, and...well...clearly my memories from the cartoon did not reflect her true powers.  Girl is scary powerful.

Persephone, as far as type, I believe Jubilee would be a First of Family, right?  I mean, as far as I know she doesn't have any mutant family members, and her powers did manifest around puberty.

Yeah, I would go off the comics... She is OP.

Lockepick

@Biblio: I'm glad you're going non-vampire, honestly! Maybe I'm biased, but that whole vampire plot line was mostly just confusing. I think Jubilee is technically an Omega-level mutant -- but can always just put her earlier in her 'development' if that's an issue.

I'm thinking of going with a Teleporter. My thought process was to play somebody who was basically just a student (and not a great student either) before the attack -- but has since become emboldened and is seeking to take a more active role. Probably will have him at 18. I'm not sure if there is an official 'X-Men' team or not, or how people are placed on such, but he'd be interested in joining if not already a member.

Full sheet will hopefully come out today or tomorrow? I've got some other stuff I should probably do first.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Bibliophilia

I went with Alpha, since she was listed as such on the page that Persephone made.  It made sense, and while Jubilee probably has the potential for Omega-level status, I just don't ever see her going there.

Lockepick

Quick Question: How long ago was the 'attack' that's mentioned in the first post? I was intending to use that as a polarizing/catalyst for my dude, and wanted to ensure the time-line was right.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Intimate Ink

Since Persephone is not around, but she has responded to me about this in PMs, I feel okay stepping in here and saying the game starts "a few months after the attack".

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Intimate Ink on August 04, 2016, 12:16:24 PM
Since Persephone is not around, but she has responded to me about this in PMs, I feel okay stepping in here and saying the game starts "a few months after the attack".

Well Elixir better get to work healing people if it has been months! :D Yeesh, what a slacker!

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 04, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
Well Elixir better get to work healing people if it has been months! :D Yeesh, what a slacker!

I guess I know who he can practice giving those virulent, acid-filled genital warts to.

Orange Marmalade

Amarlo

Quote from: Intimate Ink on August 04, 2016, 12:26:19 PM
I guess I know who he can practice giving those virulent, acid-filled genital warts to.

::) Shouldn't he get tested for that before he engaged in any questionably compromising activities?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Lockepick

Some other idle questions: What's a 'normal' class load, in regard to numbers of classes? And would it be weird for a non-psionic type to go to a Mental Resilience class?