Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

Awesome...and yeah, that would be interesting.  I have a feeling her and Ganon won't get along so well though....XD

Mathim

Damn, three pages in the IC thread already and I hadn't even posted yet. Can someone throw me a bone and help get Bomberman involved with the other characters? I have way too much catching up to do reading back through everyone else's posts, if someone can give me a quick hint about where to send him I'd appreciate it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

EdwardShane

could always bump into sheena and fox?  that might work out okay

Thrasius

I really want to join, but man am I having trouble choosing. There are just so many potential characters to choose from.  ;D

*runs off to work on a character sheet*

Mathim

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 19, 2014, 06:16:47 PM
could always bump into sheena and fox?  that might work out okay

It's just so difficult to keep track since all the locations are inside a single thread, it feels a tad overwhelming. But I'll see if I can make the suggestion work for putting him at least somewhere.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

EdwardShane

Quote from: Thrasius on May 20, 2014, 08:10:57 AM
I really want to join, but man am I having trouble choosing. There are just so many potential characters to choose from.  ;D

*runs off to work on a character sheet*

it is really difficult, indeed!  I'm interested to see who you choose in the end.

Quote from: Mathim on May 20, 2014, 02:37:55 PM
It's just so difficult to keep track since all the locations are inside a single thread, it feels a tad overwhelming. But I'll see if I can make the suggestion work for putting him at least somewhere.

if it helps, they are currently heading to the trailer area, where all the smashers will be staying.

Garuss Vakarian

Sorry I have been so slow to my next post. I will post some time tonight or tomorrow after work! I feel bad. I hope I didnt slow everything down to bad.

Thrasius

Here are my characters! Let me know if I need to change anything.  :-)

"Shake shake!" - Marina Liteyears

Character name: Marina Liteyears
Character Gender and Species: Female Android Maid
Originating Game: Mischief Makers (1997)
5 words to describe personality: Spunky, boisterous, indiscreet, optimistic, gullible.

Battle Skills and Weaponry: Being an Android, Marina has demonstrated her immense strength in the past. She has shown that she is capable of lifting people, cars, tanks, and even massive robots many times her size, swinging them around before throwing them incredible distances, as if they weighed nothing. This is the main method through which Marina fights-Lifting, wielding, or outright throwing things many times larger than she is. Her reflexes are also surprisingly fast, being able to catch nearly everything thrown her way (missiles, rocks, bombs, and even lasers) and send them back at her opponent. Her body is also equipped with boosters that allow her to move in a desired direction with relative ease. She also prefers, and really enjoys, shaking her enemies.

Pokemon or other partner: Professor Theo (on occasion and only by wrist-communicator).

Brief History: Professor Theo, a self-proclaimed 'genius in robotics', created Ultra-InterGalactic-Cybot G 'Marina Liteyears' for the sole purpose of being his maid. However, soon after the two marooned on a Planet Clancer, a corrupt company known as the Evil Empire abducts the Professor for reasons unknown. Set on saving her master, Marina sets out on her journey and, in the end, saves her master and defeats the Evil Empire. It had a been a few years since then. Now, Marina happily spends her days making sure that everything on the Professor's is in pristine condition as the two  traverse around the galaxy. Recently however, an invitation came in the mail for Mirana...

"Piece of cake!" - Little Mac

Character name: Little Mac
Character Gender and Species: Human Male
Originating Game: Punch-Out!! (1987)
5 words to describe personality: Determined, tough, challenging, modest, foolhardy.

Battle Skills and Weaponry: Despite his size (4'8"), Mac hits surprisingly fast and hard. He is extremely agile, so ducking, dodging and weaving around attacks are his main defense.

Pokemon or other partner: None.

Brief History: Born in the Bronx, New York, Little Mac was always interested in becoming a member of the World Video Boxing Association. Soon after, he moved to New York where he met his coach, Jerome "Doc" Brown. Teaching Mac everything he knew about boxing, Mac soon found himself literally punching his way through the ranks of the World Circuit where he finally defeated Mr. Dream. He would later go on to enter the WVBA three more times, winning his second year, losing to King Hippo his third year before defeating him on his fourth year, earning him the title "Ultimate Champ". 

MadJackal

Mhh are you still open for a new character or two ? Because I think I might be very interested :p

EdwardShane

Quote from: MadJackal on May 21, 2014, 06:30:12 AM
Mhh are you still open for a new character or two ? Because I think I might be very interested :p

Never hurts to write up a character or two and see ^^ 

Quote from: Thrasius on May 21, 2014, 05:12:08 AM

Nice choice on little mac!  While it isn't my call, I admit that being able to catch, grab, and throw lasers, along with being canonicaly able to throw things that are supposed to be final smash attacks (such as Fox's Landmaster or even giga bowser), seems a little out there though O.o  a tad concerned on that character, personally....though again, it's not my call in the end.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Thrasius on May 21, 2014, 05:12:08 AM

Oh wow, I like your character choices. I'd never even heard of mischief makers until I looked it up, and it sounds really funny. I'm all for meeting new characters. Application accepted!

Yup, still open for characters. Registration isn't going to close, because the possibilities are endless and also because I'm sure not everyone will participate one hundred percent of the time. I'm trying to get the feeling of Smash Bros. being a small city, pretty much. If we outgrow the small groups section, I'll have us moved to the large groups and make separate threads for all the different locations. For now, though, I don't think that's necessary.

Thrasius

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 21, 2014, 10:15:39 AM
While it isn't my call, I admit that being able to catch, grab, and throw lasers, along with being canonicaly able to throw things that are supposed to be final smash attacks (such as Fox's Landmaster or even giga bowser), seems a little out there though O.o  a tad concerned on that character, personally....though again, it's not my call in the end.

No, no. I was kind of concerned when I was writing down her powers as well. I never intended for her to able to block out any final smashes with her being able to catch lasers and her strength. I was actually planning having her final smash being something similar to Little Mac's final smash where he becomes stronger and whatnot. Essentially limiting her 'true strength' (lifting huge robots and catching lasers) to the final smash so she isn't overpowered. Her 'regular strength' would limit her to lifting smaller scale things like cars at the most, blocking (not catching)  bullets/lasers, and catching slower moving projectiles (rocks, snowballs, cars) at her. She would only be able to block smaller lasers and bullets, but she would be unable to block/catch any final smashes. Likewise, in her regular form, she would be unable to lift a Landcaster or Giga Browser, so their final smashes would be effective against her just as hers would be against them. Again, I never intended on god-modding my character so I apologize if I came across that way. Hopefully this smoothes out any concern you have with her. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. :-) Thanks and I can't wait to play!

EdwardShane

Quote from: Thrasius on May 21, 2014, 02:03:30 PM
No, no. I was kind of concerned when I was writing down her powers as well. I never intended for her to able to block out any final smashes with her being able to catch lasers and her strength. I was actually planning having her final smash being something similar to Little Mac's final smash where he becomes stronger and whatnot. Essentially limiting her 'true strength' (lifting huge robots and catching lasers) to the final smash so she isn't overpowered. Her 'regular strength' would limit her to lifting smaller scale things like cars at the most, blocking (not catching)  bullets/lasers, and catching slower moving projectiles (rocks, snowballs, cars) at her. She would only be able to block smaller lasers and bullets, but she would be unable to block/catch any final smashes. Likewise, in her regular form, she would be unable to lift a Landcaster or Giga Browser, so their final smashes would be effective against her just as hers would be against them. Again, I never intended on god-modding my character so I apologize if I came across that way. Hopefully this smoothes out any concern you have with her. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. :-) Thanks and I can't wait to play!

Ahhh okay.  Yes, this does help a tremendous amount lol.  I apologize if I came across a little too strongly concerning it, especially since I have no idea if I stepped out of line by voicing the concerns (since I am not even a co-gm, much less the thread's creator), but I am glad you explained what you had in mind to me regardless.  That was really my only concern about it, was her being able to just about completely counter anything coming at her.  I do look forward to seeing you join in.  ^^ 

Garuss Vakarian

No worries my lady. We are always accepting. Well, I mean. As long as Sammy is ok with it. It's her call when we have enough. And I will guess we are since it sais still accepting. Any way, Can not wait to see what you got to offer. ^^

Thrasius

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 21, 2014, 02:29:12 PM
I apologize if I came across a little too strongly concerning it, especially since I have no idea if I stepped out of line by voicing the concerns (since I am not even a co-gm, much less the thread's creator), but I am glad you explained what you had in mind to me regardless.  That was really my only concern about it, was her being able to just about completely counter anything coming at her.  I do look forward to seeing you join in.  ^^ 

It's all good!  ;D  I actually appreciate it whenever someone comes out with their concerns. The last thing I would want to do is make the game unpleasant for anyone.

On a side note, I just wanted to say that I hopefully plan on getting a post in sometime tonight.

EdwardShane

Understandable.  Feel free to bring up any concerns you have with my characters, too...and that goes for everyone.  I'll adjust things as need be if it comes down to it, I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone myself.

Also, sounds great!  Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Thrasius

Just got a post in for Marina. I will try to get one in for Mac tomorrow sometime.

SammyGirl

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been posting. I will resume soon, but feel free to interact among each other until I do. I got promoted at work so they changed my hours. Once I get on my set schedule, it will be easier for me to reply regularly. For now, I hope you guys bear with me.

EdwardShane

No worries Sammy!  I have gotten rather attached to this RP in all honesty, and don't intend to leave...I'm having a blast so far.  Congrats on the promotion all the same! :)  And no worries.  RL before RP, y'know?

Conflict

Hey all, sorry about my inactivity recently. I'll try to jump in with a Zelda post soon, if I can think of something interesting for her to do.
Currently Playing: This War of Mine
Currently Reading: Robinson Crusoe

EdwardShane

it's all good, Conflict.  if you need help with ideas, can arrange for interaction with Dehaka or (probably what would be more interesting) can see about having her meet Sheena.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Conflict on May 26, 2014, 02:21:05 AM
Hey all, sorry about my inactivity recently. I'll try to jump in with a Zelda post soon, if I can think of something interesting for her to do.
When we last left Zelda, she was with Soren and didn't respond to him, so if you want her to chat with him while he puzzles over all the strange newcomers, that's perfectly fine. Since she's an SSB vet, maybe she can even give Soren some helpful advice in dealing with them, because even though he's the administrator, he really doesn't have experience XD

Just a thought.

Garuss Vakarian

I am r3eading the other posts right now. I am sorry I am not as active as any one would like. I probably took on to much to soon. A lessone I wont soon forget. In the future, I am going to be way more picky about my rp's. But, at least one x ones are so far not as demanding as a group can be.

None the less. I will post tonight. ^^

EdwardShane

It's all good Garuss.  Do what you have to, and I don't think anyone is too worried about it.  ^^ Just FYI, I did leave an opening for Fox to stop Sheena from walking away if you wanted him to. 

It'll be good to have you back!

Thrasius

I plan on getting a post in sometime later today or tomorrow. Apologies for the delay. :-)