Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ RECRUITING!

Started by persephone325, October 01, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessLowell12

Quote from: Sun Wukong on October 03, 2018, 12:28:27 PM
Very much still recruiting.

Quake would require dropping the whole Shield thing and making into a mutant but aside from that I don't see her being any issue.

Hmm you are right though. That might get a little messy. I think I would rather go psychic abilities. I have never played a character with psychic abilities. So that would be something new and interesting for me. Could I private message you on character ideas?

Totoro

Quote from: JessLowell12 on October 03, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
Hmm you are right though. That might get a little messy. I think I would rather go psychic abilities. I have never played a character with psychic abilities. So that would be something new and interesting for me. Could I private message you on character ideas?

Of course, no problem.

EvieFrye

Ok, I need to ask, regarding over powering. My main character I am doing (I favorite one over the other two, she is the ‘leader’ of the three in my mind) She has telekinetic powers, she uses these to ‘manipulate’ the elements but moving the molecules. She can make water ice, or have it melt and evaporate, she can shape dirt, and fire as well. She can’t move the wind. And she can use her powers to make herself ‘fly’.

persephone325

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 03, 2018, 07:56:32 PM
Ok, I need to ask, regarding over powering. My main character I am doing (I favorite one over the other two, she is the ‘leader’ of the three in my mind) She has telekinetic powers, she uses these to ‘manipulate’ the elements but moving the molecules. She can make water ice, or have it melt and evaporate, she can shape dirt, and fire as well. She can’t move the wind. And she can use her powers to make herself ‘fly’.

We will be sending you a PM shortly, as to not clutter up the thread. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

EvieFrye

Jag

I was going to just keep it at Kurt, but reviewing my other game, I think I can safely add a student.

Going to reserve Scaleface and a faceclaim of Jorge Luis Flores Sanchez (AKA: Drag Queen Nina Flowers).

Unless I'm told to stop, I'm making a mutant with a Drag history. >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 05, 2018, 02:08:55 PM
I was going to just keep it at Kurt, but reviewing my other game, I think I can safely add a student.

Going to reserve Scaleface and a faceclaim of Jorge Luis Flores Sanchez (AKA: Drag Queen Nina Flowers).

Unless I'm told to stop, I'm making a mutant with a Drag history. >.>

I'm good with that, should be fun and different.

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Jag

Not sure what to classify Scaleface as. Their mutation is transformation into a dragon like beast, but it is willful change. It's not something that happens spontaneously. I was thinking Delta? Because it doesn't negatively affect their life to have the mutation, it is controllable, and does not affect their day to day appearance, but it is not entirely useless.

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 05, 2018, 03:16:17 PM
Not sure what to classify Scaleface as. Their mutation is transformation into a dragon like beast, but it is willful change. It's not something that happens spontaneously. I was thinking Delta? Because it doesn't negatively affect their life to have the mutation, it is controllable, and does not affect their day to day appearance, but it is not entirely useless.

Sounds about right. Depends how strong the dragon like beast is, I would say.

Jag

Going into the game, Scaleface is going to be fairly untrained. So even though they have the means to be a strong creature, they don't really know how to utilize it well. Kind of a "Well, I'm a big beast, maybe I can sit on them and that will do some damage." >.<

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 05, 2018, 03:28:40 PM
Going into the game, Scaleface is going to be fairly untrained. So even though they have the means to be a strong creature, they don't really know how to utilize it well. Kind of a "Well, I'm a big beast, maybe I can sit on them and that will do some damage." >.<

I mean just physical, raw power of the beast. How big is it and is its strength comparable to a large real-world animal like a Rhino or Elephant or more on the level of higher grade superhumans?

EvieFrye

Hey, so I sent my three character sheets, minus a couple details regard power level and such. Plus face claims. Did you guys see them?

Jag

Quote from: Sun Wukong on October 05, 2018, 03:31:34 PM
I mean just physical, raw power of the beast. How big is it and is its strength comparable to a large real-world animal like a Rhino or Elephant or more on the level of higher grade superhumans?

There isn't much information out there about just how large her dragon form is or how powerful it is. So I'll have to work out some stats for myself. I'm going with a more humanoid dragon form, rather than outright dragon.

This was the image I was working from: Scaleface Concept Art. So more 'giant lizard' than dragon. There seems to be a person in the top left corner, so I'm thinking Komodo Dragon sized. I was actually going to use a Komodo Dragon for a base on the stats. Take whatever a Komodo can do and double it.

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 05, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
There isn't much information out there about just how large her dragon form is or how powerful it is. So I'll have to work out some stats for myself. I'm going with a more humanoid dragon form, rather than outright dragon.

This was the image I was working from: Scaleface Concept Art. So more 'giant lizard' than dragon. There seems to be a person in the top left corner, so I'm thinking Komodo Dragon sized. I was actually going to use a Komodo Dragon for a base on the stats. Take whatever a Komodo can do and double it.

Nice artwork, seems like probably delta if around a komodo dragon, or even double one. Considering that it's probably not that far over the effectiveness of 'soldier with a gun', if at all.

Jag

Delta it is. Thank you for the help.

I'll be finished with the CS soon. I'll detail the stats as best I can. If you all review it and think different about the classification, I can change it. ^^

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 05, 2018, 04:06:41 PM
Delta it is. Thank you for the help.

I'll be finished with the CS soon. I'll detail the stats as best I can. If you all review it and think different about the classification, I can change it. ^^

No problem, will definitely look it over and see. Stats don't have to be incredibly specific but enough to give a general idea of their 'weight category' so to speak.

Black Howling

Now that I seem to be doing better posting, and it doesn't look like my interests have been claimed, I'd like to go ahead and bring back my OC's and Quicksilver if that's possible?

Totoro

Quote from: Black Howling on October 24, 2018, 01:35:39 PM
Now that I seem to be doing better posting, and it doesn't look like my interests have been claimed, I'd like to go ahead and bring back my OC's and Quicksilver if that's possible?

Definitely can't see any issues with any OC's.

Quicksilver was maybe going Brotherhood, but never had a character sheet. Should be no problem to have him as a student, though it might need a chat with Persephone about how he connects to her Brotherhood Scarlet Witch.

persephone325

Quote from: Black Howling on October 24, 2018, 01:35:39 PM

Hey stranger. :-)

Just shoot me a PM about Quicksilver. Or poke me on Discord. The original idea was to have them both be Brotherhood members. If Sun doesn't mind you taking him, then we can talk about how her switching sides might impact him and such. ^^

Oh! And you should be fine to copy over your OC's.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on October 24, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
Hey stranger. :-)

Just shoot me a PM about Quicksilver. Or poke me on Discord. The original idea was to have them both be Brotherhood members. If Sun doesn't mind you taking him, then we can talk about how her switching sides might impact him and such. ^^

Oh! And you should be fine to copy over your OC's.

I don't mind whatsoever about Quicksilver. I have plenty to work with and he wasn't yet written up.

Timeless

>3> I know I shouldn't but.. -plants an interest flag- Uh, is the character X-23 taken by any chance? >___>;;;

Jag

Totoro

Quote from: Timeless on October 26, 2018, 09:46:25 AM
>3> I know I shouldn't but.. -plants an interest flag- Uh, is the character X-23 taken by any chance? >___>;;;

Glad to have the interest.

X-23 is wide open. She might be loosely mentioned in context of Department K and Weapon X, but as someone they failed to keep under control and who could now be anywhere and doing anything. Also not mentioned timing wise so her age etc. are up to you.

Timeless

Quote from: Jag on October 26, 2018, 09:50:05 AM
Yay more people! ^_^

Oh yay, glad to see you in this game! <3

Quote from: Sun Wukong on October 26, 2018, 09:56:41 AM
Glad to have the interest.

X-23 is wide open. She might be loosely mentioned in context of Department K and Weapon X, but as someone they failed to keep under control and who could now be anywhere and doing anything. Also not mentioned timing wise so her age etc. are up to you.

Ah, awesome! I was thinking to make her a student, if that's okay. And when it comes to classification, where X-23 would be classified as?