Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Just a update, ive got several sections of my bio done, and all my exp, so, bossman can check that if your unbusy, otherwise i just have to write out the charms details, fluff my gear, intimacies, and alittle more bio and im done ^^

hoping to finish today, and pulp tomorrow :3

Dracorion

Quote from: Jarick on September 13, 2013, 05:56:50 PM
A quick snapshot of Motivations, Virtues, or Intimacies will suffice; if you'd prefer to be more specific, you're absolutely welcome to go into detail.

Done, and added below the character's pictures in Jubal's sheet. Will try to get pulp stories done soon.

ChaoticSky

Pulp:
Chorgath: Diplomatic Fray
Vali goes to Chiaroscuro hoping to establish a trade agreement with the southern city of glass. However, a chance in encounter at shop stall leads to a unexpected new friend and ally, but before they can truly appreciate how much they have to offer each other, assassins strike! The unlikely pair are forced to defend themselves against a band of unknown exalts with glittering metal weapons and reality warping fighting arts. When the dust clears, the ruined city is alittle more ruined, and nothing remains of their assailants. Who attacked them? Why? And perhaps most importantly; who was the original target? The pair will learn to work together or die, in this adventure of fate and intrigue!

Cali/ana: A Common Foe
Vali leaves her home to follow stories from a recent batch of new arrivals, they speak of a strange monster of liquid silver and eldrich darkness that holed their vessel and slew their companions. Fearing a new menace on the already troubled oceans, Vali flew out to seek the creature, thinking it some new wyldborne abomination, but gets more than she bargained for! The Sun and Moon clash in epic battle, who will prevail? Perfection or Adaptation? And when a new threat rises, will they beable to bury the hatchet long enough to face down the greatest threat in the West; The Army of Balthezar, lead by The Heir Of Balor, who has drowned the Western Ocean in Chaos? Is the Enemy of My Enemy My Friend? Or are they merely a problem for later? Find Out!

Thoughts? :3

ChaoticSky

o.o i just noticed that smashfists have a 6mote attunement cost! for a one dot artefact o.o thats more than a grimcleaver/goremaul/reaver/reaper/direlance!

Zaer Darkwail

Is it 6m for a pair or single one? Plus they are kind meaty fists gauntlets.

ShadowFox89

Doesn't matter. They have crappier stats than a daiklave, you shouldn't pay more for less.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

*nods* when i do MA, i usually do White Reaper and go with a lance. this is my first time doing fisticuffs, so i never noticed the insane attunement cost on these things before,

example:
Daiklave:Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +5L/2, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags: O, Attune: 5
Smashfist:Speed 5, Accuracy +1. Damage +5B/2, Defense +2, Rate 2, Tags: M, O, Attune: 6

Rajah

Tiger claws aren't too bad, but yeah, MA weapons have a terrible case of sucking for really no reason. "Oh you can use them with styles" but come on, you can use Melee with Solar Melee Charms. It's like how in D&D 3.5 the ranger's animal companion is so much crappier than the druid's; someone somewhere along the line assumed that having access to a full BAB was going to beat out 9th-level spellcasting and wildshape.

I'd recommend Black Widow Razors. Most of the Styles that let you use smashfists let you use tiger claws.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Anon315

I do like Tiger Claws with Tiger Style. Had a lunar (Wolf) use that. Was very successful. Form charm is win.

ChaoticSky

Huh, it may be a moot point.

My understanding untill now has been, that M tagged weapons could be used with any style, but is that correct? Can you use smashfists with a 'unarmed only' style?

ShadowFox89

No, you can't. Did I already post the charm boosting your natural unarmed attacks? >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 14, 2013, 11:52:18 PM
No, you can't. Did I already post the charm boosting your natural unarmed attacks? >.>
*waves* i dont want to spend motes on evey attack, i need some mundane facility.

Ill figure something out.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 14, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

You can't ALWAYS. Look at the text of each actual Charm; the only Charms that matter are those that enhance attacks, and the question then is whether they specify "an unarmed attack" for which form weapons count as unarmed or "a Martial Arts attack" for which anything M-tagged will work or "an attack" for which you can happily Grand Grimscythe to your heart's content.

Notably, Charms that don't enhance attacks can be used with whatever you're holding. ARMOR is the thing that can actually seal a Style's Charms.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 15, 2013, 12:03:02 AM
It's a permanent charm, no motes spent.
Still dont like it :P

But its not a big deal, ill figure something out.

Wheresmycow

So the Chaos Targe, did it ever get updated to 2.5?  Because it says it adds +3 to DVs, on top of the other bonus, but shields work differently from when the book came out.  Presumably that means it'll have a weapon defense value of 6 now, but I don't know how if that's how it'll work in this game, on top of being able to block the unblockable.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Re Z L

You're a martial artist, you don't need a weapon, you ARE a weapon!  ;D

The primary strength of MA weapons is that they're pretty flexible.  All of them can be used with either MA or Melee, and a handful of them (like a smash fist) can also be used for a clinch.  And then there's things like the Seven Leaping Dragon Stone to help your MA along even more.

anyway...PULP

Pulp 1

Sorry I had to.

Mnemon Jubal

During events in the West, she assists Jubal in dealing with some remnant Raksha forces during his travels.  She's only passing through the area though and needs a way to pass inconspicuously through to An-Teng and into the South.  As thanks/repayment (or just to keep an eye on her) he agrees to help "smuggle" her down into the city as a temporary member of his harem.

yay, nay?

Valiant Reign of Hope

While escaping being entangled in the stories of some local Fair Folk--after stealing away the prized lover of their leader--she hides away on Vali's island paradise, pretending ignorance to any danger that follows her there.  Vali likely finds out about the situation and confronts Lover about it who begrudging explains the situation and assists in defending the island against the ones that are after her.

thoughts?

PS.  Unarmed Attacks, when referred to by a Martial Arts style only refer to purely unarmed attacks, or attacks made with the forms weapons--the weapons are always specifically called out in the text somewhere.  If you're still using Eye of Heaven Style, Sword-Club, Swordstick, and Ori Reaver Daiklaves are "unarmed".  And you can still wear armor.
A&A

Re Z L

Quote from: Wheresmycow on September 15, 2013, 02:23:22 AM
So the Chaos Targe, did it ever get updated to 2.5?  Because it says it adds +3 to DVs, on top of the other bonus, but shields work differently from when the book came out.  Presumably that means it'll have a weapon defense value of 6 now, but I don't know how if that's how it'll work in this game, on top of being able to block the unblockable.

Seems fine to me compared to a Thunderbolt Shield (Errata pg 15), which is Artifact 2.

It's not a perfect defense, it just removes the unblockable tag off of an attack, forcing the attack to roll attack as normal.  There's ways around it.
A&A

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Re Z L on September 15, 2013, 02:36:37 AM
Seems fine to me compared to a Thunderbolt Shield (Errata pg 15), which is Artifact 2.

It's not a perfect defense, it just removes the unblockable tag off of an attack, forcing the attack to roll attack as normal.  There's ways around it.
Sorry, I poorly phrased.  I meant block the unblockable attacks in that you can still apply Parry DV to unblockable attacks.  Which would be badass handy for Sanger.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Cessali

Dog Island is the Best Island.  Ah mah gah.  Srs.

Sanger, Maw, Vali, and Void all have both Pulp Stories up and as such get the additional 20xp.  You can spend that now or hold on to it as you see fit.

I've gotten iterations of most people's character sheets by now, so I'll be finalizing Game Prep Proper within the next day or three.  There's been more nonsense + overtime than I care to normally deal with which has gotten in the way, but I anticipate an updated State of Creation along with the Character Thread, IC/OOC threads, and ideally the first post within a day or two after the 15th.  There'll be more detail about the South and the West, as we've got a few PCs with investment in that area, and the event drawing everyone together.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, updated my charsheet post in page 3 to included the pulp stories and also past lives info. Also made sheet for my unwoven coadjutor (she is fairly unique neomah and I changed some ability scores around and added +5 ability dots and 3 specialty dots to round her up besides demonic familiar stuff, with ST's approval ofc). Also changed past life incarnation to Eam Usam (I thought Kal Bax was founder but it was Stone Sculptor Tle and Eam Usam was next incarnation of the founder and was alive until to usurpation).

Wheresmycow

Two questions: are we playing a roaming game or are we mostly going to be in a particular region?

And about the Chaos Targe, I'm thinking of upgrading Sanger's thunderbolt shield to it, but it doesn't have any stats.  Should I just use the thunderbolt shield stats, since it would kind of do the same DV increase, and would I be allowed to re-flavour it, so that instead of it being a scale from Oramus's wings, it has a pearlescent sheen made from exotic materials that normally reflects light in dazzling colours, but with motes committed to the shield, it does so even more so and thus allows me to apply parry DV to unblockable attacks?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315