Just a Bit of Fun - Trashy, Sexy Vampires (masculine character(s) desired)

Started by Ouroboros, August 10, 2018, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouroboros

It's been a while since I've written much, and I want to change that. One tried-and-true genre/concept that I like? Vampires. Dark, sensual, screwed up and hobbled by their own political plotting, a blood dependency, and a severe allergy to sunlight. I'm looking for something unashamedly fantastic in that it's about hot people being rich and degenerate, without a care for what's happening in the real world or really too much worry about how things would work out IRL - movie logic in other words.

Genre-wise, think Vampire: the Masquerade (or Requiem if you prefer). Think Near Dark but with money. Think Interview with the Vampire with less of Louis' whining. Or insert any number of modern urban fantasy concepts. It's not like this is really original ground we're treading here. 

Ideally, a co-writer would work with me on creating a shared story in which two (or more) vampires interact over centuries. I'd prefer sensuality to sexuality, the blurring of the line between love and hate, obsession and desire, plots and revenge spanning decades that may or may not strike at an inopportune time. Soapy? Sure. Violent? Yes. Morally questionable? Of course.

I'm looking for masculine main characters for this story, unless we've written together before (at which point I may consider feminine characters, but I'm extremely picky about who I write feminine characters with). I'm using "masculine" and "feminine" because really, genitals aren't super important to me in this context. Cis men, crossdressing women, trans men, GNC but presenting as masculine... it's all good. I'm also looking for strong characters. Strong-willed, opinionated, not a weakling who will knuckle under at the first sign of conflict.

I'm not looking for instant romance, or anything particularly fluffy. I'm not looking to fulfill specific sexual kinks, and penetrative sex is probably not going to be a big part of the story unless you count teeth. I'm not looking for passive characters or too-perfect characters who have no flaws and are always right. I don't like one-liners that give nothing to work with; conversely I'm not looking to write a ton per post either. Say a few paragraphs on average. I'm a bit rusty and I'm trying to ease back in so as long as a post advances the story and gives something to work with then it's all good.

Bonus points for: characters of color, poly characters, cravats and/or tight pants, and most of all... patient posters who love to communicate OOC. I have no idea what my posting rate is going to be, daily, weekly or monthly. I'm hoping for fast but I'm in the middle of a move right now so it might be a tad erratic.

PM me with interest or questions. Thanks!
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs