Zombie survival

Started by darkvamplips, May 20, 2009, 03:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkvamplips

Thousands, well it seemed like thousands to her anyway. To many to count. Mary had been running for a while now getting no where and she had no weapon. Somehow she thought her brother was dead and the only reason why she was trying to survive was they promised if one died the other would stay alive. The zombies were at her feet. She had been shot in her stomach but it was a near miss though she had lost some blood the zombies were after her. Tears filled her eyes as she saw the mall come into view. She moved as quickly as she could and pounded hard on the door almost collapsing on the floor wanting to rest. "Let me in someone." The zombies were following her not far from the mall now. A couple hundred yards away. Their moans could be heard.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard has been waiting by the Starbucks on the first floor, drinking a Frappuccino. It was right inside the main entrance of the mall, the perfect place to meet his sister or any other survivors seeking refuge. He had been waiting for hours, his spare janitor keys on the table. On one of the many times he glanced out the main entrance's laminated glass doors, he saw a person running toward the mall. He smiled and stood up.

"I hope its her, I don't want to live on without what little I have left in this world. Promise or no."

He ran to the doors and unlocked them, almost dropping the keys in his careless haste to find the right one.

darkvamplips

They had promised to meet each other here today some time but how much of a chance did they have of both surviving this encounter. There were very few survivors left and she was one of them. Though scared of losing her brother she was happy she was still alive. She jumped weakly as he came to the door and tried to open them. The jump was because of the zombies close she had thought one of them caught up with her. Slowly she looked up to see who it was.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard finally found the proper key and unlocked one of the doors. A moment later he opened it and stepped outside. Once outside, he waved to her and a moment later realized who it was. He glanced back towards the door to make sure the keys were still in the lock. Any delay with those things so close behind her could get them both killed. Satisfied, he turned back towards his sister and the oncoming horde.

"My god, there must be thousands of them. I hope they don't get in. These bullet resistant glass doors are the only things between them and the entire mall! Why can't this mall be like the one in the Dawn of the Dead? Just elevators and secure stairwells between floors! No....we had to be 'customer' friendly and put escalators between every floor all over the place."

darkvamplips

There he was standing not more then a few feet away her brother. "Richard." She said quietly pulling away from the wall and moving toward him. Her body was so weak from the loss of blood and pain she collapsed into his arms when she finally reached him. The tears came down steady as she laid in her brother's arms finally safe and away from the ones outside. Were there any in here?

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard carried her inside as quickly as he could. Once inside he put her down on the cold floor of the mall's entrance. He whipped himself around just in time to slam the door shut and lock it. As he withdrew the key from the lock, the first zombie slammed into the glass door with a sickening thud. The glass door held and then the other zombies arrived. The pawed and pounded upon the glass but to no great effect. He shrugged and ran to the information desk, which usually had a first aid kit and a few other things beneath the counter. After a couple of minutes he rushed back to his sister, out of breath but with the kit in hand. He knelt down beside her and started rummaging through the kit for something to stop the bleeding. He smiled as he found the hemostatic gauze, scissors, and medical tape. He cut an appropriate strip of gauze and placed it gently against her most grievous wound.

darkvamplips

There was some blood outside and they knew that there would be more zombies coming soon. She jumped when she heard a sickening thud against the door and looked around to see them. The blood was slowing down but she was still bleeding and was weak. At least now she was with her brother and if she died she would be with him right now. Even though he had to lift up her shirt a bit she did not care they were siblings. She cried out in pain when he touched her wound and put the gauge in there. "Is the bullet gone?"

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard replied, "Not yet Mary, but it will be soon." A lie perhaps but he didn't have the heart to tell her the truth. He wasn't sure he could get it out of her without killing her and so was going for the short term solution first. He held the gauze against her tightly as he waited for the hemostatic compound stopped the bleeding.  He smiled down at her when he was done and said, "It will be alright Mary, I promise." About five minutes later the bleeding stopped, more or less, and he tended to her other injuries from the limited supplies of the first aid kit. A bit of neosporin here. A bandaid there.

darkvamplips

She did not have any idea if there was a bullet in there or did it just graze the skin. Her eyes seemed distant as if she was slowly giving up. Would he actually take it out of her or would it make her bleed to death if he did? There were very few cuts and scrapes but the big one was with the bullet. At least she was alive for now. "I'm so glad your ok." She whispered wanting to hug him.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard replied as he reached down and squeezed her hand, "I'm glad you are here too. Now, I need to know if you are sure you've got a bullet inside of you. The only medical equipment in this mall, besides the first aid kits, is the dentist office by Macy's. And I don't know how to operate any of it. So, if you think it is still inside you we'll go there and I'll see if I can find some instruction manuals or something. Otherwise, I'll move you to the Macy's furniture floor so you can lie down and rest."

darkvamplips

Rebecca did not know if there was a bullet in her or not but it hurt a lot like there was one. "I don't know if the bullet just grazed me or if it went in. It all happened so fast." She started moaning in pain hoping that she would not die in from this. Pain filled her face as she looked at him then moved to get more comfortable.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard shrugged helplessly as she moaned in pain. Richard slipped his hands beneath her and lifted. Once he had her back in his arms, swaying a bit under the weight, he started to walk towards the dentist office. There was nothing else to do but see if he could get her to an x-ray machine and hope he could figure it out. Cutting on his sister when he did not have the appropriate skillset was not a thought that appealed to him, and any step that might remove such a nescesity was his first choice.

darkvamplips

"Thank you." She whispers as they walk down to the dentist office. Right now she would have to put a lot of trust in her brother to help her get through this. He was going to put a knife into her and take the bullet out if there was one. When they got there she collapsed onto a nearby chair and sat down for a bit. The worst thing was she wasn't going to use pain medication in case something bad happens.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard says nothing in reply, worry for his sister plain on his face. Once his sister is resting in the chair, he wanders around the office rifling through papers and cabinets looking for anything that could possibly be a manual relating to the x-ray machine. After about half an hour of searching, he finally found what he was looking for. An original manual for the machine. He let out a joyous shout and wandered back to the room where he left his sister. He waved the manual at her, and sat in a corner to read it.

darkvamplips

A sigh of relief came from her lips as she saw her brother come and show her. Now they would try and get the bullet out. The half hour was excruciating pain and she did not know if she was going to make it. "Please hurry." She put her hand on her side where she was shot. The person who shot her had left quickly because more and more zombies were coming and did not stop to help.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard replied in a neutral tone, trying his utmost to keep the worry from his voice, "Yes, sister." A moment later, he stood up and went into the other room to prepare the x-ray machine. That done, and confident he has some chance of success, he grabs a lead vest and drapes it over his sister. He then repositioned the vest, careful to leave nothing between her injured area and the x-ray machine. That done, he returns to the other room and adjusted the x-ray machine again. A moment later he shouted to Mary, "Stay still," before pressing the button.

darkvamplips

It was so hard to stay still when you are in so much pain but she managed to somehow. The lead vest felt so heavy but at least it would protect her from stuff that could be harmful to her. It was hard to stay still when you were swaying and unbalanced from the wound. She starred straight ahead and then waited for her brother to take the x-ray. There was a lot of trust on him right now.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard shrugged. He hoped he worked the machine correctly, he did not want to put his sister through that again if possible. He wandered back and lifted the vest off her and dropped it in a corner. No point in putting it back after all. He smiled down at his sister and said, "I'll be right back." He then grabbed the imaging plate and took it in the other room to take a look.

darkvamplips

When he was done with the x-ray she was back in the same position as before. Now she could hear a loud crash coming from the glass doors. Great they had gotten in because of her. Well the dentist must have had a security gate that they could close so they wouldn't get it. Slowly she moved over and saw the slow moving zombies coming toward them. "Richard?" She cried out.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard cursed loudly at the sound of the glass breaking. He rushed towards the front of the shop and hit a big red button which lowered the metal security fence in front of the glass storefront. The metal security fence started to lower immediately, almost certainly fast enough to keep the zombies out. Once the fence is down, he walked back to his sister. He turned to her and said, "We'll be safe for the moment but it is going to be a real problem getting out of this office. The only way is up, and you are in no condition for that. As for the x-ray, I'll go spend a few more minutes looking at it but I don't see a bullet. Maybe I screwed up, I'm not sure. But I'm not going to try to cut it out without being certain it is there."

darkvamplips

Just when the gate closed one zombie found them but he would not be able to get in thanks to the security gate. A small nod came to her as she sat back down on the chair. She needed sugar to regain her energy and there was none in here. "Just hurry ok?" She asked holding her side in pain.

My request thread:

ARandomRoleplayer

Richard nodded at Mary and went back into the other room. After spending a few minutes, he returned and said, "The bullet isn't in you still. I'm probably going to need to hunt you up some food. Do you think you can eat something, sister dearest? Maybe find you some painkillers whose effects I know."