Mech RP

Started by PhantomVector, February 01, 2013, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomVector

As I'm really busy with work, I can't say that ill be able to post reliably,(though I'm going to start working on this.) because of my work schedule, I usually get home at 2 in the morning. However one of my RP partners have left sadly due to RL issues, I now have an open spot.

I have two  settings planned out, but I'm always open to ideas. However I don't have a play by play plot, if this is what you prefer I don't mind we can talk something out, or if you rather have more freedom, that's cool too.

Revolutionary War
They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes. The year is 2172, with the advent of space technology, mankind has expanded towards the heavens. Huge orbiting space colonies, and orbital elevators now inhabit Earth's sky. However the colonists feel they should govern themselves rather then take orders from governments who don't have the colony's best interest in mind, while earth governments have simply ignored these requests. Seeing no other option, the colonies rebelled against their mother nations, forming the United Colonial Republic. With no single nation on earth powerful enough to defeat the rebelling colonies alone, the nations of earth formed the United Earth Directorate. War breeds innovation, and the newest weapons of war are hulking mechanical walkers. Designed as the next stage in warfare, they have begun to dominate the battlefield.

I was thinking they could be lovers separated by the war, both Mech pilots, but one is from earth, the other from the colonies. Or simply soldiers on the same side.

Black Plague
No one knows where it came from, a black growth, a mass of decaying animal, and plant life. It has spread across the globe, not even nuclear weapons were able to stop it. Now it seems it is evolving, able to create creatures, masses propelled with the sole purpose of killing off anything still alive. A chilling prospect as it implies that there is some kind of sentient thought behind the black growth.

I was thinking this would have a very desperate feel, and would probably be Horror/survival.
----

I was thinking for a more realistic feel for the Mechs, similar to 8th MS team, for anime watchers, or Pacific Rim, for movie goers. If anyone is interest ed please shoot me a PM.     
For those I'm RPing with, Sorry I've been so bad with replying. I've been trying to manage my time better, but I only have time when I get home at 2am.

playfullchick76

I would be interested in playing out the Revolutionary war one with you if you havnt found someone already for it. I dont vanish, if thats what you're worried about, and I have a big imagination, with the will to use it. I'm not sure if i would be on the same side as you, or on the other side, hoping that I dont go up against you, and afraid of hurting you. Perhaps we could both be on the same side.