Shadowrun - Seattle 2075 (Semi-Freeform Fantasy/Cyberpunk, 5th Ed. Big Game LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, February 06, 2015, 10:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

FRESH MEAT
By: Jennifer Harding

The meet was in a small restaurant attached to the bar. It was early, so most of the chairs were up on the battered plastic tables. Ten people stood and sat around the room, eying each other suspiciously. When I walked in beside Mr. Johnson, they all looked over at us. Most passed over me and focused on the well-dressed corporate suit beside me, smiling at them with just the right amount of teeth, just the right amount of a crinkle at the corner of his eye. He probably practiced in front of his mirror, labeling this smile Confident Professional. I didn’t blame any of the prospects for ignoring me, with my off-the-rack suit that’d been out of style a few years ago, hair several weeks overdue for a trim, and a face could best be described as bland.

Mr.  Corporate  Suit—Mr.  Johnson  for  today—handed me a piece of electronic paper. Its wireless capabilities were turned off—which meant there was at least one hacker in this group, and Mr. Johnson wanted to preserve privacy. Fair enough. I glanced at the paper, saw it held ten neat little picture-icons, each one a snapshot of one of the hopefuls. I touched one, and the paper filled with text; name, age, history. Skills.

Twenty-one. A kid. An uneducated Latino street tough with a few talents and a nice physique. I flipped through the other nine profiles, then looked up at the hopefuls.

I pointed to the Latino kid, who watched me with wary black eyes. “Why do you think you’re here?”

He narrowed his stare at me, flicked an almost imperceptible glance towards the suit. “For a job.”

“What’s the job?” I asked.

“Snatch and grab,” he said, using some street lingo. “Dunno any more details.”

“And why should I hire you?”

He sneered at this, as though I was some annoying Mr. Johnson. “I’m a wheelman. I know the streets. I’m good with my fists, an’ I can shoot straight. I got experience, never been caught.”

“What, you’ve boosted a couple of cars, taken them to a chopshop for some easy cash. Maybe knocked over a stuffer shack for some soy crunchies when you’ve gotten drunk with the gang,” I said scathingly. I looked around at the ten hopefuls, all of whom now stared at me as if I’d suddenly sprouted an extra pair of arms. “And now you think you can be a professional? You want to play in the big leagues?”

I leaned forward. “Do any of you care that less than ten percent of runners survive their first year? There’s ten of you here. Do the math—if you can count that high—and that means one of you might still be standing this time next year.” I pointed to Humes. “Think that’ll be you?”

His dark eyes were a bit wider now, and he looked around with a touch of nerves under his bravado.

“Or maybe you?” I pointed to a thin redhead, a girl with more freckles than skin. “You think your magic will protect you, keep you alive? Let me tell you, mages burn out in the shadows faster than idiot kids with hard heads and fast fists. You go against another team, or some corp sec goon, and the first thing they’re gonna do is try to take you out.”

“Or you?” I pointed to a beefy ork, “Think ‘cause you’ve got some secondhand ‘warez, ‘cause you’ve been faster than some overweight security blobs, that you’re ready to be a pro? What happens when you go up against some corporate sec team with first-class cyberware and guns that’ll punch a hole through your armor jacket? When you come up against a hacker who puts a virus in your cheap ‘warez? When you slow down and get a couple of your teammates killed ‘cause you’re a cocky son-of-a-bitch who doesn’t listen to your own team’s hacker?”

I turned around, left the room, Mr. Johnson following me with a frozen smile on his face. I’d call it his oh, shit smile.

When we were alone in the hallway, he cleared his throat.

“Perhaps if you reviewed the files, you’d see that they have solid skills, and, while, yes, they’re inexperienced, I’m sure your experience can compensate—”

I held up a hand, cut him off. “I know what you want to do. I don’t want to see a bunch of kids die. You can’t just take a couple of street toughs and hand them a Predator and call them shadowrunners. That’s how you end up with deadkids and botched jobs. But I’ll talk to them individually, see what I think—and then I’ll tell you.”

That evening, I sat in a ratty chair, looking over five young faces. The safehouse was being rented out of the stingy expense allowance I’d negotiated. Otherwise, we were on our own. No funding, no support—just their talents and my experience. Sink or swim, baby.

It was too late to regret the favor. I was already feeling the weight of responsibility, of knowing that these fresh young faces might not make it, hell, probably wouldn’t make it. I gritted my teeth. My job was to keep them alive for a month. To make them into a team. To teach them survival skills before throwing them out to the wolves. Goddess help me.

“Okay, I’m DangerSensei. For the next month, you’re gonna be my team. Mr. Johnson has hired us for a job. We’re to hit a warehouse, under Yak guard, and get several crates of material. That’s not the real test, though.”

I looked around at them. The Latino wheelman was looking much more humble, after the ripping I’d given him last night, during our “interview.” He also sported a nice shiner, a gift of the knowledge I’d given him as well: being “good with your fists” didn’t mean dick if you didn’t know how to duck. I’d picked up the red-headed magician—a wiccan, goddess help us all, fresh off the farm, but magic was rare enough that you worked around what you had. An elf chica, a techie—not the best techie they’d offered, but she’d surprised me with a burning wit, and I figured that a good dose of brains could make up for inexperience. Muscle came packaged in a hulking troll who was fidgeting on the floor. His specs said he could handle heavy weapons, and someone had put some ‘warez in that oversized body. Probably best if we avoided asking who had put it there. Hell, he could double as a vehicle if we ever needed a ride somewhere. And finally an all-about man, a twenty-three year old guy with a completely eclectic variety of skills and charm in spades. I’d had hopes he’d make a face. Or a used-car salesman.

“The test?” Mr. Charm asked.

“Survive for the month,” I said. “All of you. We lose anyone, we’ve all failed.

“I’ll start. I’ve taken this job because I owed someone a favor and I couldn’t say no. You’ve taken it because you don’t have any better ptions,” I said. Tech girl gave a snort. “My job is to show you guys the ropes. The ‘What Not To Do’ stuff. Teach you how to use your skills, how to build your team.”

They looked at each other, wondering. I nodded.

“Muscle-bound boy here,” I pointed to Humes. “He’s got the makings of a good wheelman, a good rigger. Good reflexes, courtesy of some secondhand wires that’re probably loaded with malware. He’s fast with his fists, and can handle a gun. Never handled anything bigger than an AK. He’s got more guts than brains, and needs to learn to listen to a leader.”

Humes narrowed his eyes, opened his mouth to object. I held up a hand.

“Look, you don’t know each other. You can’t rely on each other. A lot of teams start this way, thrown together by a Fixer because he thinks you have a good complement of skills. Well, first thing you should do is say what you can—and can’t—do. Because if your team is counting on you to smooth talk some guard, and you’ve got the charm of a ghoul, you’re gonna all end up dead. Got it?

“Now, you, tech-girl. Introduce yourself.”

The elf looked around, cleared her throat. “People call me Gidget,” she said. “I’m—as DangerSensei so elegantly put it—a tech. I can do some hacking, good at doing data searches, but I’m best at hardware. Building it or taking it apart, either way. I can handle a gun, I’m quiet, and I’m pretty good at blending into a crowd. I may not have graduated from charm school, but I can string together a sentence just fine. I don’t know anything about fighting up close, though.”

I gave Mr. Charm a nod.

He smiled around at everyone, giving the two women a wink. “I’m Rick,” he said. “I’m quick on my feet, quick thinker, and I’m comfortable going into most any place, high class or low. I’ve run with gangers and I’ve served drinks at corporate to-dos. I can ride a bike and drive a car, but I haven’t got a clue as to how they work. I know how to shoot, I know how to duck—” he gave a pointed look at Humes, “—and I can handle a knife. I also know a bit about patching people up, basic first aid, that sort of thing. I can get around in the Matrix, but I’m no hacker. Chat rooms, that’s more my style.”

Gidget rolled her eyes at that, but I shrugged, then pointed to the skinny redhead.

“I’m, uh, I’m Riley,” she said, her voice soft and nervous. “I’m a Wiccan. I can do magic… um, healing, and shielding, and turning people invisible. And, confusing things a bit, if necessary. Spirits. I know about spirits.” She fell silent, her checks almost as red as her hair. Mr. Charm eyed the girl with a bit of awe and envy, Humes, a touch of fear. The troll looked like he was wondering if she’d turn him into a newt. Yeah, magic can do that to folks. I was pleased to see the techie seemed blasé, even though she was sitting right beside the redhead. Girl had a good head on her shoulders.

“Now, you,” I said, pointing to the troll. He shifted on the floor. “Buster,” he said. “I’m a troll.” I closed my eyes, counted to ten.

“Right. Buster is here for muscle. Heavy weapons. Close combat. And he’ll serve as a living shield in a fight—Riley, you and Buster are going to be best friends. Buster, someone starts shooting, your first job is to get yourself between the bullets and the redhead. Understand?” The redhead and the troll looked equally terrified at the prospect. I smiled.

“So, there you have it. A wheelman, a hacker, some muscle, a face, and a magician. Some of your skills overlap. Some don’t. We’re missing some, but I’m working with what I’ve got.

“Now, let’s talk gear. Our budget is covering the safe house for the month, and there’s plenty of soybars in the cupboard. We don’t have the cash for anything else, though. A lotta times, you come into a one-shot deal like this, it’s each man—or woman—for themselves for gear. Since we’re spending a fun-filled four weeks together, let’s talk about what you can bring to the table.” I pointed to Humes, who was scowling.

“What?” he asked, belligerent. “I’ve got my own gun, my own clothes. If I was rolling in the nuyen, you think I’d be here?”

I gave a short bark of a laugh. “How about a car, wheelman? Or some bikes?”

He nodded, grudgingly. “I got a truck,” he said, shrugging. “It’s even got seatbelts. I can install a leash in the back to hold Buster.”

“Good,” I said, biting my tongue. “Transportation, check. Now, you, tech-girl.”

“I’ve got my ‘link, my programs. I may have even, ah, cracked the copyright on them, so I can patch up your links with something a bit higher-end. I’ve got a few odds and ends. Tech gear. A toolkit. That sort of thing.”

“Tech, check. Rick?”

Mr. Charm smirked, and spread his hands wide. The meaning was clear: It’s all me, baby. Gidget rolled her eyes again.

“Riley?” I asked.

The Wiccan blushed once more. “I have my own tools, for my, uh, magic. I have some spirits I know, too. Um. Nothing else, really. I’m sorry.”

“Spirits are good, kid. They can make a big difference, so don’t sweat the rest,” I said, making an effort to be nice. You pampered your magic a bit, in the shadows. Hell, for a team like this to even have a magician, that was a miracle. I’d point that out to the rest of them privately, later on.

“Buster?” I asked. In reply, he unzipped a large duffel beside him, and a handful of bullets spilled out and rolled across the concrete floor. Inside, I saw a jumbled assortment of guns, spotting the standard Predator Iv, an Uzi, an AK-97, a Remington, and—fuck me, was that a Panther? I took another deep breath. I could almost feel my hair turning grey.

“Okay, next up, contacts. Who you know can make the difference between getting work—getting work that doesn’t get you killed—and starving. We’ll start with Rick this time,” I said. “Oh, I’ve got lots of friends. Got a friend who works up at the charity clinic in Pomona, she can get her hands on lots of stuff. Another friend who works for the PCC, in their ID services department, and her sister, who’s in the police secretarial pool. I know a lady in the Ancients, and another girl whose brother’s in the Koshari. Know a girl who works at the Long Beach port
facility. Know—”

I stopped him with a raised hand again. “Do you anyone who’s not female?”

He gave me a grin.

“Okay, we’ll leave the contacts to Mr. Charm here. Now, this is the part where, if you all had some experience and knew each other, we’d start planning the job. But since we don’t know squat about each other, or about what we can do… let’s do some team-building bullshit. Go do some mountain climbing.”

Four sets of eyes looked at me with shock. I cracked a grin; the first one of the day.

“Or we can go grab a beer and swap life stories,” I said, and they all sighed in relief.

I shook my head. Kids these days.

© 2009 WizKids, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun, Matrix and WK Games are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of WizKids, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.

ABOUT THE GAME

Seattle, 2075... unlike any place in the awakened world.  That's right, I said 'awakened'.  Near the beginning of the century, magic, dragons and other creatures of legend returned to the world with a vengeance.  Some discovered that they suddenly had a talent for casting spells, empowering them to do anything from levitate to hurl balls of fire down the streets.  A few folks started to be born to normal humans that some began to call 'elves' and dwarves'.  Then some normal humans started 'goblinizing', painfully transforming into what were dubbed 'orks' and 'trolls'.  Humanity was split into 5 subcategories of metahumans.  All this along with technological advances in computers, as well as cutting edge cybernetic implants called 'cyberware'.  It seemed that the world as we knew it had changed forever.

Now, some 65 years later, magic and cyberware are commonplace.  Central governments have balkanized into smaller nations and city-states and Megacorporations have emerged as the new world superpowers, a law unto themselves. Nestled amidst the Native American Nations, Seattle stands as the center of the North American world of corporations.  In this environment, the rich get richer and the poor remain in abject poverty.  High security areas have good police protection but there are many places that law enforcement dares not venture. In these areas, gangs run rampant and criminal enterprises are the law of the land. 

When a corporation needs something done discretely or illegally, they often call upon Shadowrunners, inner-city mercenaries willing to do other people's dirty work- for a price.  These individuals eke out a living, risking reputation, life, and limb in the hopes that one day, they'll hit that big score and be able to afford the finer things in life; opulent luxury, real food (as opposed to the nutrisoy that most folks have to eat) and everything else most people feel they need to be happy. 

A Word From the GM

This game is semi-freeform, which means that it uses “stats” but only to aid in the freeform RP.  A player will never need to roll dice if they don’t want to.  We will be using Shadowrun 5th Edition stats.  Money is very important in this game, so players and GMs alike will need to keep track of the Nuyen (the world currency in 2070) they accrue and how much they spend.  Note that most minor expenditures are usually covered by your lifestyle rating.

The GM for this game will be Crash.

Information on the setting can be found on the wonderful WIKI that the lovely Josietta has worked so hard on.  This is a great resource for the history of the game, but we will not be using the character creation section and in the last five years the use of Cyberdecks are back.

Character creation can be handled one of two ways.  Players can create full-fledged characters from Shadowrun 5th Edition using the Core Book and Gun H(e)aven 3 only.  I do not have the other books.

If you do not have access to the rules or just don’t want all of the hassle of character creation and just want to play in a really cool setting then you can go to the Races and Archetypes Thread located here and pick a race and an Archetype.  Mash the two together and you have an instant character for stats.  Just make some minor modifications if you wish (get my approval) and come up with a background and you will be good to go.

All new characters will have no experience as Shadowrunners.  They will be neophytes looking to get into the shadows.  Any concepts with experience as Shadowrunners will be rejected.

Players that were a significant part of the original Seattle 2070 game can make their characters 5 years older and will get a bonus Karma reward for playing those original characters.  They will be the only experienced Shadowrunners allowed at the beginning of the game.  All old plots will be considered completed and you can start with fresh connections if you wish.

PM full sheets to myself (Crash), but basic concepts can be discussed here.  Players are encouraged to work out relationships, friendships, rivalries and enemies with one another.

As always, any questions or concerns anyone has can be directed here or via PM to myself (Crash).

GM Notes

While this game is in the Extreme Section I don't run extreme sexual content and any non-con scenes need to be agreed upon by all parties beforehand.  Any Extreme and/or Non-Con content will need to be spoilered with a warning about the content inside.  Again this is not a big part of my writing style.  The game is in the extreme section because of expected combat scenes.

A Note about Contacts
I encourage potential players to look at the NPC section of the Big Board and if you have a contact that falls under one of the existed contacts I have written up to use that NPC as your contact.  If there is not an appropriate NPC/Contact feel free to write up your contact using the NPC Character Sheet and I will post it.  Others may be looking for a similar contact and it could be logical tie ins to know other characters.

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=400]http://<insert image>[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Street Name:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Race/Metatype:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Street Cred:[/b]

[b]Notoriety:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]SINless?:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence/Lifestyle Level:[/b] (Do you live in Auburn?  Tacoma?  Downtown?  Low Lifestyle?  High Lifestyle?  Squatter Lifestyle?)

[b]Living Arrangements:[/b] (Do you live alone?  If not, do your roommates or family know that you're a Shadowrunner?)

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] (Must be detailed and include at least three paragraphs)

[spoiler=Stats]
[spoiler=Attributes]
Body:
Agility:
Reaction:
Strength:
Willpower:
Logic:
Intuition:
Charisma:
Essence:
Edge:
[/spoiler]

[b]Karma:[/b]
[b]Condition Monitor (Physical/Stun):[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b]
[b]Limits:[/b]
[b]Physical Initiative:[/b]

[u][b]Active Skills[/b][/u]

[u][b]Knowledge Skills[/b][/u]

[b]Languages:[/b]
[b]Qualities:[/b]

[u][b]Augmentations[/b][/u]

[u][b]Vehicles[/b][/u]

[u][b]Gear[/b][/u]

[u][b]Weapons [/b][/u]

[u][b]Contacts[/b][/u]

Starting ¥:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=20 Questions:]

1. Where is your character from?
2. Does your character have a family?
3. Does you character have an ethnic background?
4. What does your character look like?
5. What does your character dress like?
6. Does your character have any physical quirks?
7. Where did your character learn their Skills?
8. Where did your character get their gear?
9. Where does your character live?
10. Who are your character's contacts?
11. Who are your character's enemies?
12. How did you character learn magic? (Adepts/Magicians Only)
13. What are your characters likes and dislikes?
14. What is your character's moral code?  Will the character kill?  Why?
15. Does your character have goals?
16. Does your character have personal beliefs?
17. Is your character religious?
18. Does your character have personality quirks?
19. Why does your character run the shadows?
20. How does your character view their role as a shadowrunner?
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Crash

Thank you, thank you.  Though this is admittedly a game I took over a while back.  Most of the credit for this goes to LunarSage, Ciosa and Josietta.  I just updated it is all.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Bibliophilia

Crash, how would one work a razorgirl, if they're neophytes to running?  Would it involve having her only recently defect from a corporation, or would one need to make a basic character that, over the course of the game, would evolve into a razorgirl?

Orange Marmalade

Crash

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 07, 2015, 12:52:26 AM
Crash, how would one work a razorgirl, if they're neophytes to running?  Would it involve having her only recently defect from a corporation, or would one need to make a basic character that, over the course of the game, would evolve into a razorgirl?

Either would work.  Coming up with how she got her cyber would be the fun part.  Is she ex-corp, military, Lone Star?  Is she tied to a criminal group?  Was her family rich and were part of a failed corporate takeover that ended with her family getting killed so she dumped the little remaining money into augmentations so she could get revenge?  There are lots of ways to get money and equipment before actually running for real?

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 07, 2015, 12:55:12 AM
Shadowrun? Oh my... tempting...

We must do a better job then so we are an indulgence instead of a temptation.

Bibliophilia

-nodnod.-  Good to know, though I remembered a picture I once found and saved for use if a Shadowrun game ever became available, and it's of a Decker.  So...-giggles.-  Thanks for the information, though!

Actually, looking at it, she could be anything.  Though, she doesn't strike me as a razorgirl and I have a thing for Deckers, anyhow.  -snickers.-

Crash

Deckers are very cool.

Off to bed.  I will answer any questions tomorrow.

Sain

Uuhhh...  this is really really tempting. I'll give you a pm later today.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Muse

You've got my attention, Crash.  i love the game, and the concept, and especialy the detail put into your teaser. 

I'm kind of confused about 'semi-freeform'.  You've kind of expalined what it means to those who'd rather not use the dice, but what if we do want to use the dice?

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ron Don Volante

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Ollumhammersong

While I do love shadowrun and have experience with the actual tabletop RPG as well as their other spin off games. I'm not really sure I feel like going through the certain headache that always is shadowrun CC for me. I'd probably take the whimp option instead.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Blobbe

Dangit. If this wasn't in Extreme, I'd be all over this like stink. So been wanting a good Shadowrun game.

Sain

Oh right basic concepts discussed here...

Would kinda want to see if my faceless tank character could be made to fit this? The very skeleton of concept is that the character got some extremely bulky cyberware because nothing else was available and wasn't able to pursue whatever she was doing until then, became some grunt guard or security personnel and is now switching to shadowrunning because working security will never get you enough nuyen for good new cyberware that would make you look less like a clank. Basing it off on this pic.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Crash

Quote from: KaylaM on February 07, 2015, 07:20:19 AM
Dangit. If this wasn't in Extreme, I'd be all over this like stink. So been wanting a good Shadowrun game.

The original GM's had it in extreme because they knew there would be combat scenes.  I don't do extreme sexual content in my games.  Nor do I do non-con.  Any non-con or extreme sexual content will need to be placed in a spoiler tag.  Please take a look at our archived threads and I think you will find it very palatable.

Quote from: Muse on February 07, 2015, 06:06:39 AM
  You've got my attention, Crash.  i love the game, and the concept, and especialy the detail put into your teaser. 

I'm kind of confused about 'semi-freeform'.  You've kind of expalined what it means to those who'd rather not use the dice, but what if we do want to use the dice?

Most of the action in this game happened between runs but if a group wants to get together and do some stuff that involves dice rolling that is okay.  They can post a potential run and I will okay it.  This is a sandbox game so I won't be doing a bunch of full on shadowruns for people, but they can GM there own Shadowruns in game if they want.  I have a system for monthly shadowruns that occur out of game that require dice rolling.  It is a light system so I can do all of the rolling if a player doesn't want to be bothered with it.

Check the GM announcements and Monthly Shadowrun Threads in the Big Board to see what I am talking about.

Crash

Quote from: Sain on February 07, 2015, 07:35:00 AM
Oh right basic concepts discussed here...

Would kinda want to see if my faceless tank character could be made to fit this? The very skeleton of concept is that the character got some extremely bulky cyberware because nothing else was available and wasn't able to pursue whatever she was doing until then, became some grunt guard or security personnel and is now switching to shadowrunning because working security will never get you enough nuyen for good new cyberware that would make you look less like a clank. Basing it off on this pic.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I see nothing wrong with that concept.

Ollumhammersong

I feel like making a Gunslinger adept. I haven't played one of those in a while and I like the enchanced hit man concept. I was looking at your Premade gunslinger and for the most part I like it but I do want to suggest some potential changes for my character. I'll work on a list and PM you my ideas.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Crash

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on February 07, 2015, 10:30:44 AM
I feel like making a Gunslinger adept. I haven't played one of those in a while and I like the enchanced hit man concept. I was looking at your Premade gunslinger and for the most part I like it but I do want to suggest some potential changes for my character. I'll work on a list and PM you my ideas.

Sounds good to me!

Sain

Hmm... should it say intuition instead of intelligence in the sheet there?

Crash

Yes it should.  I thought I had corrected that.  I will edit.  Thanks Sain!

Crash

GM Notes

While this game is in the Extreme Section I don't run extreme sexual content and any non-con scenes need to be agreed upon by all parties beforehand.  Any Extreme and/or Non-Con content will need to be spoilered with a warning about the content inside.  Again this is not a big part of my writing style.  The game is in the extreme section because of expected combat scenes.

Kuroneko

So, I can bring Ume back, you say?  ::) Do I need to account for the past five years in her new sheet?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Crash

Quote from: Kuroneko on February 07, 2015, 04:17:49 PM
So, I can bring Ume back, you say?  ::) Do I need to account for the past five years in her new sheet?

You can bring Ume back.  You can detail that 5 year gap as much or as little as you wish. 

Blobbe

OK, now that I am massively reassured I am so for this game!

So what I am thinking is that my character is an Elf Sam (a concept I've been sitting on for years and wanted to play for longer then I care to think about) who is young, self-important and likes to live life fast. They come from a corp family background, and couldn't stand the idea of being a Corp themselves for the rest of their life, so they ran off to do what they wanted. They cashed in a huge chunk of their life savings/college fund/whatever else to get themselves cybered up.

Crash

Quote from: KaylaM on February 07, 2015, 06:16:17 PM
OK, now that I am massively reassured I am so for this game!

So what I am thinking is that my character is an Elf Sam (a concept I've been sitting on for years and wanted to play for longer then I care to think about) who is young, self-important and likes to live life fast. They come from a corp family background, and couldn't stand the idea of being a Corp themselves for the rest of their life, so they ran off to do what they wanted. They cashed in a huge chunk of their life savings/college fund/whatever else to get themselves cybered up.

I don't see any issues with this.

orderNchaos

Oh I'm so in!!!  My RP's have dried up as of late and I need something stimulating to help me focus! 

Crash

Blobbe

Quote from: orderNchaos on February 07, 2015, 09:42:22 PM
Oh I'm so in!!!  My RP's have dried up as of late and I need something stimulating to help me focus!

*cheers*

orderNchaos

Blobbe

Quote from: orderNchaos on February 08, 2015, 07:46:11 AM
Oh I'll definitely love this if Kayla's joining!

;)
>:)

Great to see you, and I feel flattered allready

Not gonna lie. Shadowrun is my other favourite RPG universe. I'm so for this

(And I'm gurning my character concept now)

Ollumhammersong

I think my character may just be the only tatoo'd Polynesian Elf gun adept to ever be created in shadow run. Not too certain about that though......

Crash

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on February 08, 2015, 08:18:48 AM
I think my character may just be the only tatoo'd Polynesian Elf gun adept to ever be created in shadow run. Not too certain about that though......

My wife created a Polynesian Decker.  I was thinking of using her as a contact in this game, but that is as close as I have seen anyone come to you concept. ;)

Crash

Crash

@Everyone - If you have a question about any rules, or characters or concepts please post them here so that I don't get PM'ed a bunch of similar questions.

I only want finished characters PM'ed to me.  If you have characters that you are working on, post the work in progress here, for much the same reason as above. 

Crash

Ollumhammersong

So I sent my CS over PM. Probably forgot something along the way.

TheGlyphstone

Hellllllllllls yeah. Coming back like a....something that's coming back. Karl shall live once more!

(Giant) Troll Face, for all y'all who weren't around for Version 1.

Crash

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 08, 2015, 06:35:48 PM
Hellllllllllls yeah. Coming back like a....something that's coming back. Karl shall live once more!

(Giant) Troll Face, for all y'all who weren't around for Version 1.

Welcome back Glyphstone!

orderNchaos

Hey Crash, I see the Drone Rigger in the Archetypes, but back when I first started playing Shadowrun we just called them Riggers because they could hack cars and such...is that still the case?  Or did they get rid of Riggers?

I'm working on a Rigger character and want to make sure before I get to far.

Blobbe

Quote from: orderNchaos on February 09, 2015, 01:19:21 AM
Hey Crash, I see the Drone Rigger in the Archetypes, but back when I first started playing Shadowrun we just called them Riggers because they could hack cars and such...is that still the case?  Or did they get rid of Riggers?

I'm working on a Rigger character and want to make sure before I get to far.

Riggers can control both regular vehicles and drones; the "drone rigger" archtype has an arsenal of drones but they could also use their datajack to control a car. I'm sure you could ask the GM to tweak the gear to have a car on your list. (KM mutters about the metagame reasons why "Drone Rigger" is a thing) So yeah, Riggers are still definitely a thing.

Crash

Take a look at Baby in the NPC's. She is a rigger that combines both.

I will put up the Smuggler Archetype later tonight.  That is more your old school rigger.

Crash

Crash

Bibliophilia - Need help with anything?

Those that are approved can start posting on the Big Board.

TheGlyphstone

Original post has the JackPoint BBS link lead to Approved Character Sheets instead.

There's also a few threads that appear to be time traveling, taking place in 2074 instead of 2075.

Crash

Phaia

**Looks Crossly at Crash** You did not let me know that you were gonna start this... BADD BOYY!

I do not know or have 5th ed rules. But wanted to dust off Eidolon...I always thought she had potential. Of course there is your favorite -Gossamer- but a rocker chic is limiting!

I have no idea how 5th ed works but have always loved the Shadowrun universe and loved the start ya had.

Are we gonna run into 'Baby'?  ;) ;)

Phaia

Crash

Well technomancer is an archetype so you can pretty much just use those stats if you want.  It is still mostly a freeform game but I wanted those that enjoy the rules to play by them on a run if they want.  There are options for doing runs without all of the rules too for those, like me, that prefer to concentrate on the between run stuff more.

A big complaint last time was that players couldn't play what they wanted to play with the limited rules so I wanted people to have the option of full character creation.

It is still a sandbox so it is still very player driven.

I have Baby as an NPC/Contact so yes she will be around, a little older and a little wiser, but still a little ganger at heart.

Phaia

I will see if I can snag a copy of 5th ed. I hate to try and mesh systems.Everyone else is using 5th and Eidolon is based on the very trimmed down version here [which I like personially]. After reading a bit of technos...here there was nothing on sprites etc.

Phaia

Crash

It suited some and irked others.  My favorite edition was third actually.  The archetypes I have are all 5th edition but if you want to pick up a copy that is fine with me.

TheGlyphstone

I'm sad that I don't have any way to contribute to actual runs this time around, but that just leaves me more time to RP outside of runs I guess.

Crash

Oh you will.  There will be runs where a face is a good thing to have.

Crash

We need some more characters before this moves forward.  Sandboxes need a goodly number of players to survive the inevitable attrition.

Etherealgirl

I love Shadowrun, but the system is complex as hell. How much of the system will you be using?

Crash

Most of the time not much.  There are some here that my go on a completely stated out run if they want but many others including myself that will be much more freeform.  I have a method to gain karma and Cred that does not involved playing out full Shadowruns.  This is more a game about Shadowrunners everyday life and between run time.

Ultimately it will be up to the individual player how much of the system you will use.

Etherealgirl

Ill give it a go. I may need help with character creation, as I'm not super familiar with 5th edition. If that is ok with you?

Crash

Sure.  You can also just pick a race and and archetype from the Race and Archetype thread and mash them together.  A number of players indicated that was what they wanted to do.

Crash

TheGlyphstone

Yup, Race+Archetype is chargen made easy. It can create odd results - I handmade my character not just because I like making characters, but because the Face archetype has Str and Body scores below a troll's minimums and a Charisma way above its maximums - but that's in part because no sane player would ever try to make a Troll face in the first place.

Crash

Glyph - Yeah the stats can come out off sometimes with my mashup method but I figured it would help players that would go insane doing anything in SR5. That an I am not opposed to people tweaking the mashup a bit if they want.

Etherealgirl

Crash

She and Baby should get along really well.

Amanda is approved.  Welcome Etherealgirl!

Etherealgirl

Crash

I am sure there will be ladies that might be interest.  I have a couple of girls that would find her interesting and I know Phaia's characters tend to have no problems with girlfriends.  There may be others to as the game gets going.

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 10, 2015, 12:39:03 PM
I am sure there will be ladies that might be interest.  I have a couple of girls that would find her interesting and I know Phaia's characters tend to have no problems with girlfriends.  There may be others to as the game gets going.

Geeez! Crash, ya make my characters sound like they are something other then nice girls. ;) They have more then just girlfriends, there are boyfriends, monsterfriends, demonfriends, dragonfriends and beastfriends and sometimes even machine friends  O:) O:)

Well I got a copy of 5th and making some adjustments to the standard archetype ya offered but A couple of questions for ya. Used vehicle? Looking for her to have a bike but not a shiny shiny new one. Is that okay?
I will have extra karma with the build and besides complex forms could I spend it on submersion for a technomancer? If so how much? was looking to pick up 'Shell' as a 'program?

I can see how much different a TM is with 5th compared to the SWR light here. She will have several nice spries instead of the silly IR dragon I had before with my old TM. Do you mind if I use the same street name Eidolon [probally not the same face capture though]?

Phaia

Crash

Quote from: Phaia on February 10, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
Geeez! Crash, ya make my characters sound like they are something other then nice girls. ;) They have more then just girlfriends, there are boyfriends, monsterfriends, demonfriends, dragonfriends and beastfriends and sometimes even machine friends  O:) O:)

Well I got a copy of 5th and making some adjustments to the standard archetype ya offered but A couple of questions for ya. Used vehicle? Looking for her to have a bike but not a shiny shiny new one. Is that okay?
I will have extra karma with the build and besides complex forms could I spend it on submersion for a technomancer? If so how much? was looking to pick up 'Shell' as a 'program?

I can see how much different a TM is with 5th compared to the SWR light here. She will have several nice spries instead of the silly IR dragon I had before with my old TM. Do you mind if I use the same street name Eidolon [probally not the same face capture though]?

Phaia

You can have a used car.

Since you are a returning player I will okay one rank of submersion.

Yes you can use the same name with a different face claim.

Crash

Sain

I've got mine build ready and it's a work of art :D I really love playing around with the SR mechanics. Was feeling a bit unsure of it after looking at the stock builds, but since mechanics aren't the main point it's probably ok if there are some differences in optimization? Most of the game is free form anyway.

My bg is also progressing nicely, but need to go through it and pick answers to those questions from it before I can submit it. Just have quite a bit of stuff on my plate right now so this might take a few more days to finish. Hope that is fine.

Crash

Sain - That is completely fine.  Yeah the mash up method I am allowing makes for some odd point builds but I think the real differences will be pretty minor between what I am allowing and a fully built character. 

wander

Hi all :)

I don't usually group game, though I have been craaaving Shadowrun, so I'm up for this :) I have a 4e character that I can update using the update pdf if thats okay? His name is Alex Plissken, he's an elf face/b&e guy primarily and every bit of info on him I have in my request thread :)

I've been aching for a game to play him in, I was wondering if this one might be okay?

Crash

Remember that no new character is an established Shadowrunner so if that is part of his background that will have to be changes.  I am always concerned with people porting in a character that was already made for another game but I am certainly willing to look at it when you have him converted.

We are only using the core book and Gun H(e)aven 3 for rulebooks so that could effect your conversion too.

Blobbe

Converting from 4e to 5e is mostly a manner of semantics; they changed a few names and the like but nothing major or hugely number-crunching. Looking over Alex's sheet, the only thing that would really strike me as an issue would be the SURGE stuff, since Crash isn't using Run Faster. Lose that and I suspect it'd be good.

As allways, Crash's judgement.

Conversely, the archtypes section of the game thread does have a Face in there, so you could use that as a startpoint

TheGlyphstone

Yay, another face character. Howbout we arm-wrestle to decide who gets to negotiate jobs? ;D

Crash

Yeah no SURGE.  I hate that and generally ignore it ever happened.

Blobbe

Crash

Truth be told I also ignore much of that they did with CalFree, too. Piss poor write up.  In my Shadowrun LA and San Francisco are still fully part of CalFree and half of the state are not racist assholes.

wander

I understand... SURGE seems to be a bit of a point of contention with a few people... My guy is half Covert ops, half Face... I wanted to specialise in B&E and sneaking, be basically Big Boss in Ground Zeroes, though as an Elf being a Face is surprisingly cheap and easy...

Being said, I can change the SURGE Class 1 for another positive trait worth 5pts and have him get a chip on his shoulder about cybered peeps rather than changelings and if thats okay, I can easily work that in, do the convert from the 4 to 5e update pdf and he should be golden, any more work and I'm gonna be wavering... Though thanks for looking over him and thankfully I only got Class 1 SURGE :)

Crash

Write up the conversion without the Surge and PM it to me in the character sheet we are using.

wander

Quote from: Crash on February 12, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
Write up the conversion without the Surge and PM it to me in the character sheet we are using.

Fair does... The notes I have are for my own reference... I'm going off 4e to 5e, though I'll see if I can get him in tomorrow for you... Sorry to be awkward... ^^;

Crash

Paladin101

You still open for new characters? I love shadowrun! Was thinking of a mage character, not sure what type, leaning towards one that focuses on spirits though.

TheGlyphstone

Crash isn't here, but I can almost guarantee his answer will be 'the more the merrier'.

Blobbe

Paladin101

Cool. :) Working on an idea for a human mage, who is a fallen priest. Robinhood type personality that does shadow work because it gives him a chance to hurt the corporations that oppress people. :D

Etherealgirl

Crash

We are always accepting characters.  Remember your character we be a novice to the shadows with no real experience yet.

Phaia

I have finally figured out most of the stuff concerning a TM. Weird, in many ways weaker then a decker but has all sorts of 'spells' ie complex forms that can make thing go screwy!
The one thing I have yet to figure out is when in VR does the TM go into a trace. drop to the ground, etc.?

Phaia

Crash

Same as a decker.

You basically zone out.  You no longer go limp like a boneless jelly.

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 13, 2015, 07:32:05 PM
Same as a decker.

You basically zone out.  You no longer go limp like a boneless jelly.

I was reading some conflicting things...one place said they were still aware of the meatworld but at a big minus in die [-6 i think it was] and another had them becoming the sack of boneless jelly.

Thanks.

Working up final details..hopefully can get a sheet for her in a day or so.

It does look like a lot of 'gurls' and a lot of non normal [ie mages, deckers, giant face which ya gotta love, TM] We clearly need the tank or big gun or two...so come on guys...we need some real males with some real big implants [ya know what I mean chummer  ;) ] unless you want that giant to get all the 'gurls'?

Phaia

Crash

I plan on making a street Sam.

In VR you are generally unaware of the real world but no longer jelly.  I think you can force yourself to become aware of the real world at a minus.

Phaia

I believe ya can spend Karma for nuyen? 1 k= 2000Nuyen was the forumla I saw with a limit of 20K Nuyen = 10 karma.
Need maybe an extra 4 k nuyen so was wondering?

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

Phaia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 13, 2015, 11:42:29 PM
Yeah, that is part of base chargen.

With base [E] In resources - 6000¥- Kinda need a couple of extra ¥ just to get a decent fake sin and a commlink!! :o
Of course She may have been able to spoof a weird funky thing as a TM, to make a fake sin but without the skills that Fake sin might just say she is a dragon from Mars!!
Some of those sprites act as if they are smarter then they are supposed to be!

Phaia

Phaia

Crash, I am Giving my girl a allergy/severe to beestings ...Can a antidote patch work to help the bad effects... normally people carry injectors with antitoxins to counter effects like a beesting is there something like that in SDR?

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

Antidote Patch. Rating 1-6, Avail=Rating, cost 50xRating Nuyen. Adds +Rating to toxin resistance tests normally, and can stop an Extreme allergic reaction according to the Allergy Severity chart.

Phaia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 14, 2015, 05:08:16 PM
Antidote Patch. Rating 1-6, Avail=Rating, cost 50xRating Nuyen. Adds +Rating to toxin resistance tests normally, and can stop an Extreme allergic reaction according to the Allergy Severity chart.

thanks that is what I was looking for. she will carry a couple!

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

They don't appear to actually help mechanically for anything below Extreme, though, which is rapid onset of physical damage from anaphylatic shock, so it'd be a flavor item more than anything. But that's probably what you were going for anyways.

Crash

Phaia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 14, 2015, 06:56:03 PM
They don't appear to actually help mechanically for anything below Extreme, though, which is rapid onset of physical damage from anaphylatic shock, so it'd be a flavor item more than anything. But that's probably what you were going for anyways.

I didnt see anything that worked to counter the damage form an allergy only that ya had to get away from it. Hard to see running from a beesting * Runs screaming so fast the bee sting is left to float in the air and the annoyed bee to curse under its buzz**  :o :o was about the only RAW way to get from the allergy!

and DAMNN!! they charge more for ammo then some guns  :o :o had to gut my fake SIN L3 with a couple of gun permits costs 8700, which would have been more then her starting 6000. so it was all about nuyen

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Phaia on February 14, 2015, 07:30:16 PM
I didnt see anything that worked to counter the damage form an allergy only that ya had to get away from it. Hard to see running from a beesting * Runs screaming so fast the bee sting is left to float in the air and the annoyed bee to curse under its buzz**  :o :o was about the only RAW way to get from the allergy!

and DAMNN!! they charge more for ammo then some guns  :o :o had to gut my fake SIN even with karma spent on ¥ a L3 with a couple of gun permits costs 8700 just to afford things.

Phaia

That is a little surprising, yeah; I would have expected an Allergy drawback to cause resistance tests vs. Toxins to stave off symptoms, seeing as how it's basically something uniquely toxic to you and the symptoms are pretty universal.

Phaia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 14, 2015, 07:43:04 PM
That is a little surprising, yeah; I would have expected an Allergy drawback to cause resistance tests vs. Toxins to stave off symptoms, seeing as how it's basically something uniquely toxic to you and the symptoms are pretty universal.

*yanks the bee hive out for that lovely golden honey...oops 8 beestings...I am now at -6 dice to do anything and taking 1 physical per minute....grabs the honeycomb stuffs it into a bag and runs.... 2 minutes later she is in the house the bees outside ...the allergy stops...she heals and has a bunch of delish honey...** RAW way sounds good to me  O:) O:)

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

Phaia

Common 7
The substance or condition is prevalent in the local environment. Examples: sunlight,
seafood, bees, pollen, pollutants, Wi-Fi sensitivity, soy, wheat.

Hmmm I guess just being near bees as this is written causes the allergy. Kinda vague which is weird considering how much detail they put in other things. How close do the bees have to be? how many?
They have pages on climbing and running and jumping but for this which is part and particle of a quailty they seemed to have been less then clear?

Phaia

TheGlyphstone

Wait, bees are common in 2075 Seattle? Where?

I'm pretty sure the intent was bee venom, like a real bee allergy would be; no one breaks out into hives from being near bees, only when they get stung.

Phaia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 14, 2015, 08:14:57 PM
Wait, bees are common in 2075 Seattle? Where?

I'm pretty sure the intent was bee venom, like a real bee allergy would be; no one breaks out into hives from being near bees, only when they get stung.
That was my intent all along just thought it was funny that RAW would allow me to get away from the bees and be over the allergy

On a different subject I found this as a guide to a TM
http://nighthawks.org.uk/shadowrun/Technomancer_Quick_Reference_Guide

From what I am reading my complex forms need to have a level to start [which I will roll using die roller at site]
A technoshaman looks to be interesting to play with sprites and CFs...not anything like a decker and unable to do what they do they instead work in very weird ways.

Also anyone know if Pueblo CC licenses technomancers.  :o It was listed under liscenses that some places do. Danielle Far Walker is formly from the PCC but her SIN is listed as Missing presumed dead.

Phaia

Crash

Crash

We have a good core of people but would like some more!  You don't have to know how to play Shadowrun to play in this game.

sluggerjackson

ZOMG I played shadow-run constantly as a teen in the 90's.(and the recent single player computer games) Is this game getting off the ground? Is there room for another player?

Blobbe

It's definitley on and last I heard there was plenty of room. We definitely need more male PCs!

sluggerjackson

Crash

sluggerjackson

Excellent, I'll sift back through all the posted information as soon as I wrap up my real life work for the day!

orderNchaos

Crash

orderNchaos

Since Crash is taking a step back from running this world, we are looking for a few fun runners to join us on a few missions.  This is generally a sandbox style world, but I need a few people to join us for a run. 

Lets run people!

plasmarobo

I'd be interested in creating and Ex-Corporate Elf Mage.

Basically he belonged to Knights Errant, but a team of Shadowrunners blew his team away and framed him for the run! With no real option, he managed to extricate himself, but with his SIN being corporate... well, a bit more creativity was required. So he got himself a full facial tattoo and ducked into the shadows to begin a new life.

Does that sound like a fit?

orderNchaos

Sure, that sounds like fun.  Although if a bunch of Runners messed up his life, I think Runners might have trouble trusting him not to turn on them. 

Crash

As long as he doesn't make a point of telling the runners his background he should be fine.

TheVillain

I was thinking of putting in a brawler.

Basic Story - Patrikos Mitsotakis is a minotaur ex-cage fighter out of Greece that thought he hit the big time when he signed on with the Labyrinth, a team combat blood sport based in the recently rediscovered original Labyrinth of Crete from Greek Mythology. The 'Trix adverts claimed that he was actually a direct descendant of the original Minotaur from the myth. The weird part is that it might of actually been true, as the Labyrinth seemed to act strange in ways that usually ended up in his favor. He'd find forgotten shortcuts, opponents would get lost as walls seem to shift when nobody is looking, etc.

Not long ago though anyone connected to the Labyrinth ranging from the archaeological team that found it to the criminals running the games to his fellow fighters keep turning up dead. He should be dead too as something attacked him in the dark passages of the Labyrinth but he instead woke up alive on an antique sailing ship in the Mediterranean.

He's not the smartest man, but he's stubborn and demanding answers. Answers as to who is it that wants to kill him so badly they're willing to cross borders to try, and what so important about the Labyrinth to inspire it. He's come to Seattle because it seems to be the safest place he can be to start looking for answers, magic and mundane as to what is going on.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

orderNchaos

Crash

When you get the character stated up pm them to me and I will get them approved ASAP.

orderNchaos

Quote from: plasmarobo on April 20, 2015, 04:17:38 PM
I'd be interested in creating and Ex-Corporate Elf Mage.

Basically he belonged to Knights Errant, but a team of Shadowrunners blew his team away and framed him for the run! With no real option, he managed to extricate himself, but with his SIN being corporate... well, a bit more creativity was required. So he got himself a full facial tattoo and ducked into the shadows to begin a new life.

Does that sound like a fit?

Plasmarobo, are you still interested in developing a mage?  We could definitely use the power.

plasmarobo

Yeah.
And I think he's fine with Runners in general. Being security he knows how these things generally go.
But, if that woman ever shows up...

I'll get my stats and etc together and PM it up.

Crash

RubySlippers

I have some ideas, but haven't played this using rules past 2nd Edition. But have three concepts:

Ex-Corp Suit: Fallen on bad luck and more she is actually out of her element with modest tech enhancements mostly to do her job and look amazing, but she has a mother load of contacts and had enough money using her ending Corp access for cybernetic upgrades. Prefers avoiding combat over cutting deals and has a SIN number and lines of credit yet.

Budget Cyber-soldier: Worked in a merc company getting older cybernetics ,cheap bastards, largely on her body and packs a couple guns she modified herself, ain't pretty but gets the job done and at least her tech is easy to upkeep.

Street Doc: Holding an advanced degree in medicine she does practice on the streets trained both in conventional medicine, cybernetics and has some healing magic her adept powers in that reduced a tad from minimal cybernetics needed to function in modern society but isn't a decker but many device require she plug-in sadly she might use in her work.

Crash

Hi Ruby,

If you don't have the new rules you can see if any of the archetypes I have posted in the game forum could work.  That way you only have to worry about background.

orderNchaos

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 22, 2015, 03:51:11 PM
I have some ideas, but haven't played this using rules past 2nd Edition. But have three concepts:

Ex-Corp Suit: Fallen on bad luck and more she is actually out of her element with modest tech enhancements mostly to do her job and look amazing, but she has a mother load of contacts and had enough money using her ending Corp access for cybernetic upgrades. Prefers avoiding combat over cutting deals and has a SIN number and lines of credit yet.

Budget Cyber-soldier: Worked in a merc company getting older cybernetics ,cheap bastards, largely on her body and packs a couple guns she modified herself, ain't pretty but gets the job done and at least her tech is easy to upkeep.

Street Doc: Holding an advanced degree in medicine she does practice on the streets trained both in conventional medicine, cybernetics and has some healing magic her adept powers in that reduced a tad from minimal cybernetics needed to function in modern society but isn't a decker but many device require she plug-in sadly she might use in her work.

Oh my....we could seriously use a street Doc. 

RubySlippers

I have the main book, its just a lot different in places now. I'm sure I can crank out a good Street Doc depending on how I do her.

Likely she will have membership in some organized crime group sort of tending those they hire who aren't FAMILY or GOODFELLAS. Trash like Runners. LOL

I may need some help though with the 5e rules.

Crash

No problem.  Post your questions here and I am sure we can answer them.

Etherealgirl

We could always use a Street Doc, or more players in General! :D Come join us peeps!

RubySlippers

Crash

orderNchaos

Awesome....we'll have to find a way to incorporate you probably either during or after the mission.  I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Drowdeviant

Thinking of making a Femme Fatale adept assassin with ex-yakuza background(Possible female heir who was raised to be a weapon by her father and barely survived a massive coup). Due to the aforementioned coup she had to get a new life so she'd be near dirt poor(would be skilled and filled with a great deal of magical goodness though ;)) Think she might fit in?

I'm kinda stuck on what kind of Sin she would have XP
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Crash

No experienced runners to start so master assassin yakuza daughter is a bit much.

Make her a former yakuza enforcer and that should be fine.

Drowdeviant

She wouldn't be a master Crash, she was indeed trained but she got to halfway to journeyman level of skill before the coup. She has knowledge of a lot of things but she hasn't been able to put it into practice yet, hence why she's looking for work and to test just how competent she actually is.

Priorities:
Metatype(A) Elf
Skills(B)
Attributes(C)
Magic-adept(D)
Resources(E)

She'd be largely skill and stealth based to be honest. ...Granted she'd possibly have a 10 magic rating right off the bat :T
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Crash

RubySlippers

Quote from: orderNchaos on April 23, 2015, 02:13:27 PM
Awesome....we'll have to find a way to incorporate you probably either during or after the mission.  I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Oh she will have Runner skills to some degree, I have reasons stripping off cybernetics from fallen persons could be resold for a nice profit or she can put them in other people herself.  >:)

None of you have the skills to strip off the good parts and store them for later. I plan that as a specialty under Cybernetics.

Drowdeviant

Thought you would ;). She will likely have to room with someone else till she gets back on her feet financially though, her wallet is gonna be a little light cause she wanted to come prepared to her first briefing  XD

Crash

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 23, 2015, 03:49:19 PM
Oh she will have Runner skills to some degree, I have reasons stripping off cybernetics from fallen persons could be resold for a nice profit or she can put them in other people herself.  >:)

None of you have the skills to strip off the good parts and store them for later. I plan that as a specialty under Cybernetics.

Parts is parts. :)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 23, 2015, 03:49:19 PM

... My character would likely look to join in on that parts stripping business Ruby. After all the good doctor would likely enjoy having someone keep her safe while she goes to work and help her turn a profit >:)

Also I forgot that you can't have a new character with a magic, edge or reasonance total over 6 to start :P

RubySlippers

She's a lot more capable in general than a rank and file Street Doc.  ;D

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 23, 2015, 05:20:35 PM
She's a lot more capable in general than a rank and file Street Doc.  ;D

Still helps to have another pair of hands around to help, the owners of some parts may still be conscious and need to be held down while the good doctor extracts the goods >:).

They would make quite the devious pair of runners and would surely make all those with cyber bits pay dearly for standing in their way. ;)

RubySlippers

I'm outfitting a van as a mobile medical office and refrigeration for parts recovered.  ;D

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 23, 2015, 11:27:01 PM
I'm outfitting a van as a mobile medical office and refrigeration for parts recovered.  ;D
Will it be armed with machine guns? :3

RubySlippers

Naw she's a healer, she has no interest in causing the death of others but will be able to defend herself, still deciding on armor and weapons. Less is more I'm thinking there.

Crash

RubySlippers

I took cybernetic implants ,all used, but beefed her up some then add in an armored jacket and pistol she should be fine.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 24, 2015, 12:58:17 AM
Naw she's a healer, she has no interest in causing the death of others but will be able to defend herself, still deciding on armor and weapons. Less is more I'm thinking there.
Oh that would work just fine in conjunction with my character, she's gonna have a moral code which means she won't kill...unless people prove to be not be worth leaving alive. There is a good deal of gear based around stun damage so making your's a non lethal combatant isn't hard ;)

RubySlippers

Who says she's not packing a serious weapon or two, she has a family she can't afford to die its not a luxury she has as a mother.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 24, 2015, 09:10:32 AM
Who says she's not packing a serious weapon or two, she has a family she can't afford to die its not a luxury she has as a mother.
*nods* Very understandable. Would be really funny if one morning she goes to breakfast and doesn't initially notice one of her runner friends sitting across the table from her sipping coffee, everyone just awkwardly sitting there in silence. XD

Drowdeviant

Crash I got a question for you: Given my character's backstory what kind of Sin do you think she would have?

Crash

What do you mean?  She would have a SIN where she was born and it could have followed her if her family moved to Seattle.  If she is thought to be dead she would be SINless as her old SIN would be registered as deceased.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Crash on April 24, 2015, 12:00:21 PM
What do you mean?  She would have a SIN where she was born and it could have followed her if her family moved to Seattle.  If she is thought to be dead she would be SINless as her old SIN would be registered as deceased.

I was meaning what kind of a sin would she have being becoming SINless. National would probably what she would've had to be honest, she hadn't gotten into the family business yet ;).

...I don't know whether I should drop the concept of her being an adept so I can give her a fatter purse for initial equipment or still have her be dirt poor but have a really high magic stat XP

RubySlippers

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 24, 2015, 09:17:25 AM
*nods* Very understandable. Would be really funny if one morning she goes to breakfast and doesn't initially notice one of her runner friends sitting across the table from her sipping coffee, everyone just awkwardly sitting there in silence. XD

Her wife and my character works for or is attached to Aztechnology, their budget cybernetics sector and arguable public relations putting primary care providers into the community to help others.  O:) (see they care)

Of course when I can bring in magic items, cybernetics of higher value and the like it can't hurt. At least the company housing is nice for the average worker and well guarded by magic and technology. She doesn't question the company she is attached to it which has benefits and drawbacks.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 24, 2015, 12:54:55 PM
Her wife and my character works for or is attached to Aztechnology, their budget cybernetics sector and arguable public relations putting primary care providers into the community to help others.  O:) (see they care)

Of course when I can bring in magic items, cybernetics of higher value and the like it can't hurt. At least the company housing is nice for the average worker and well guarded by magic and technology. She doesn't question the company she is attached to it which has benefits and drawbacks.
0-0 She is indeed putting a lot of trust in Aztec, her and or her family could be targeted for either extraction or assassination by a third party who doesn't like her or her company.

Maybe she would like a live in elf nanny or maid to further secure her piece of mind as well help her and her wife unwind after long days at work. One that may moonlight as a runner *winkwinknudgenudge* ;)

RubySlippers

Well the wife is a wageslave, mine just sees her SIN as an asset getting a gun permit is more likely with a Corp backing her and life is hard anyway so she takes what joy she can. And maybe make her kids life a bit better than she has it. She isn't complaining about her lot in life a lot of people have it a lot worse.

As for dying a drugged out Banger could kill her so life is dangerous, at least a doctor most won't kill hopefully just because THEY my need her services for a fair price.

Crash

Sounds like she just needs a fake SIN as it is hard to do anything without one.

orderNchaos

Well lets not make the backstory too crazy.  We're definitely going to need a Doc once the run gets underway.....and I'm sure there will be a lot of need for both after they get out.  The story won't end at the end of the run...it never does.

TheGlyphstone

Trust and Aztechnology? That's a funny combination of words to hear in a sentence no preceded by the word 'Never'. :D

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Trust and Aztechnology? That's a funny combination of words to hear in a sentence no preceded by the word 'Never'. :D

That's why I offered my character's services Glyph ;). You never rely on a corp unless your back is against the wall and you have a gun to your head...especially Saeder-Krupp cause no runner ever cuts a fair deal with a dragon. :U

RubySlippers

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2015, 05:57:02 PM

Her wife is a receptionist, she does outside the company area work and not a Suit so right now evil plans are unlikely and if they offer a lab job for good income she would consider it a step-up. But can anyone trust anyone else in the setting not a close relative or friend?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 24, 2015, 06:24:18 PM
Her wife is a receptionist, she does outside the company area work and not a Suit so right now evil plans are unlikely and if they offer a lab job for good income she would consider it a step-up. But can anyone trust anyone else in the setting not a close relative or friend?

Lab work? Nice work to be honest...that is unless the lab work involves testing things on critters. >:)

Also Glyph would Karl be looking for a roommate at the moment? I've got a nice Japanese elf assassin who would be in his debt for not having to sleep on the streets ;).

TheGlyphstone

Pfft - this is AzTechnology we're talking about. Their lab work involves testing things on 'critters' named Steve and Jane and Pat, then ripping out their hearts and feeding them to evil blood spirits.

As for a roommate: Sure, I don't see why not.

Crash

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2015, 06:36:17 PM
Pfft - this is AzTechnology we're talking about. Their lab work involves testing things on 'critters' named Steve and Jane and Pat, then ripping out their hearts and feeding them to evil blood spirits.

And making a better soy cruller for their stuffer shacks.  Don't forget that!

Drowdeviant

Oh yeah always forgot about aztec culture coming back XD.

Also Karl may have earned himself a good model for his clothes in Natsuki as well as a good roommate. :)

TheGlyphstone

He's more into repair rather than design, but that's as much a lack of need as lack of interest. He's certainly got enough free time on his hands to design clothes for Natsuki if they hit it off.

RubySlippers

Nope, just jealous others not attached to such a powerful company spreading lies. Aztechnology is big on public relations and community support.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2015, 07:34:02 PM
He's more into repair rather than design, but that's as much a lack of need as lack of interest. He's certainly got enough free time on his hands to design clothes for Natsuki if they hit it off.

Oh she would seek to repay him for being so thoughtful, maybe she would offer to assist him in his work ;). Those two do seem like they would make a pretty hilarious pair. XD

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 24, 2015, 07:37:20 PM
Nope, just jealous others not attached to such a powerful company spreading lies. Aztechnology is big on public relations and community support.

Sure it is Ruby. ;)

RubySlippers

Remind me if I ever meet the game designers to ask wtf with the rules, I'm mulling over taking magic for just healing magic and can't figure out the rules I get casting it the how do you reduce Essence loss and can we take Qualities not in those two books if we can find it on an on-line reference and is official?

I just want to toss out most tech I had planned implanted but need something else just in case even if a little defensive magic. Or maybe taking an Adept focusing on enhancing her mind and defense over combat if I can figure out how to do that.

Crash

I only have those two books which is why I have only allowed those two, but if you send me what quality you are looking at I can work something out.

Drowdeviant

I do like however that there is some wiggle room for mages who want a little bit of augmentation ;)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Crash on April 28, 2015, 03:15:10 PM
I only have those two books which is why I have only allowed those two, but if you send me what quality you are looking at I can work something out.
I have the rest of the books crash. I could send copies of the pdfs to you ;)

RubySlippers

I'm finding Bullets and Bandages useful as a reference. And Run and Gun has good stuff Martial Arts Styles for example.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 28, 2015, 04:40:58 PM
I'm finding Bullets and Bandages useful as a reference. And Run and Gun has good stuff Martial Arts Styles for example.
Run Faster adds more races(metavariants, changelings, shapeshifters, pixies X3) so Pirakos and Karl actually could have up to date stat blocks for 5e

Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells adds more magic stuff such as toxic spirits, blood magic and plague magic, and more adept powers, etc.

Assassin's Primer is useful too ;)

Crash

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 28, 2015, 05:09:41 PM
Run Faster adds more races(metavariants, changelings, shapeshifters, pixies X3) so Pirakos and Karl actually could have up to date stat blocks for 5e

Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells adds more magic stuff such as toxic spirits, blood magic and plague magic, and more adept powers, etc.

Assassin's Primer is useful too ;)

I looked at the 5E version of the giant, and didn't really like what I'd get for the costs. Also, I don't want to be a tree-person. So I just used the base troll and ported the 3E giant description forward.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 28, 2015, 05:15:59 PM
I looked at the 5E version of the giant, and didn't really like what I'd get for the costs. Also, I don't want to be a tree-person. So I just used the base troll and ported the 3E giant description forward.
Ok Glyph. Just bringing it up, nothing has to be used that someone doesn't want. Run Faster actually adds a good amount of qualities as well ;)

RubySlippers

Great more options, brain freeze, okay more the better. At least they list Traditions now I'm thinking of options.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 28, 2015, 06:28:15 PM
Great more options, brain freeze, okay more the better. At least they list Traditions now I'm thinking of options.
Mhmm. One of the funniest things is that you can give your character additional pairs of arms... granted it does scare people XD

Crash

Character creation method should still be the priority system.  No alternative character creation methods are allowed.

I just wanted to clarify that.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Crash on April 28, 2015, 07:52:44 PM
Character creation method should still be the priority system.  No alternative character creation methods are allowed.

I just wanted to clarify that.
Alright Crash.

RubySlippers

I think I worked this out but wanted to check can this be an Aztec Deity in the game the Catholic Church denounced her now and she is so popular among poor and common Mexican and Hispanic people now she would likely be a good go to deity if the national faith wanted an acceptable more gentle aspect. All they need to do is say she is a fine goddess for the people, sticking her in as one, and approve worship in approved ways. Including approving human sacrifices of other deities even if not used in her rituals,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

Just looking for a patron goddess for my character in the Pantheon.

TheGlyphstone

Isn't human sacrifice like, seriously bad mojo in Shadowrun? Even if you're not actually using it to power magic, I thought it was really dark stuff that attracted the really nasty spirits.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 28, 2015, 11:24:58 PM
Isn't human sacrifice like, seriously bad mojo in Shadowrun? Even if you're not actually using it to power magic, I thought it was really dark stuff that attracted the really nasty spirits.
You honestly thinking a medic with ginger hair working for Aztechnology doesn't know what blood sacrifice does Glyph? Heck Natsuki may be part toxic adept before I finalize her CS. >:)

Blobbe

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 28, 2015, 11:57:28 PM
You honestly thinking a medic with ginger hair working for Aztechnology doesn't know what blood sacrifice does Glyph? Heck Natsuki may be part toxic adept before I finalize her CS. >:)

Uh... no. Toxic is bad. Like 'Hand your character sheet over to the GM because they're now an NPC' bad. Like, 'every man and his meta-dog has a bounty on your head' bad.

Crash

RubySlippers

SHE doesn't practice that Blood Magic just normal magic under an Aztec "nice deity" the one many common people likely worship its a big pantheon lots of place deities, minor ones and community deities but she would accept that some elites and all do practice Blood Magic but its way over her pay grade and since other Corps do its necessary.

There are many deities not blood soaked she could worship and it would be an Aztec deity, she doesn't use that magic but others do she accepts it. I'm pretty sure its not all or nothing remember the blood magic is rumored to be done at the top and by the nation the average cook likely worships an Aztec deity and in mundane ways like she does. And to be frank she is a [C] in magic she knows 5 Healing Spells and is okay at it likely a rank and file minor priestess of the common side of the faith to make it look good. Odds are like most contact clergy mages and aspect sorcerers. But she must serve in the Aztec faith its who trained her but noting the "face" of it not the scary side of the NPC's.

Crash

Ruby - That is fine.  I just wanted to be clear for everyone that Toxic and Blood Mage is not going to be accepted.  Meta human variants will be a case by case basis.

RubySlippers

No she likely would be expected to use that if powerful and IN the Corp but thankfully neither applies. I did choose a goal save enough to buy permanent Middle Lifestyle for her and her family invested in the Corp, not ambitious but will secure her place and her families. Anyway if she would practice black magic it would be Summoning Succubi you didn't say no to that.  :D

Crash

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Crash on April 29, 2015, 11:17:13 AM
Ruby - That is fine.  I just wanted to be clear for everyone that Toxic and Blood Mage is not going to be accepted.  Meta human variants will be a case by case basis.
But all I was gonna give her was toxic strike :P. The other toxic adept power is useless unless you get into melee with multiple people, not something Natsuki is looking to do being the assassin/ sniper/ fourth string face

Crash

This is why I originally went with only the main book for character creation.  I don't want to go over every character with a fine tooth come to root out things like blood magic, toxic magic and other weird stuff that should be NPC only stuff in my opinion.

Ruby - Your choice is fine and I have no problem with it as long as it does not evolve into blood magic which you have said it won't.  I trust you.

Drow - No Toxic magic.

Everyone - Any questions or comments on character creation should be directed to me and what I say is final on the subject. No am not going to debate my answers.  If this continues to be an issue I will go back to using only the main book for character creation.

TheGlyphstone

Crash

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Crash on April 29, 2015, 01:08:25 PM
Not going to dignify that with an answer. :P
*nods*

Crash one question: Can adepts follow ways(Beast's way, Burnout's way, etc.)?

Crash

RubySlippers

Okay, my character version two is coming along well got skills, magic, some background going in and all. One question do company workers usually live together with well the company arguably approving gang activity and such even if they take taxes from residents or not?

Oh and if she has a Corporate SIN does she have the needed professional licenses for medicine and magic (for healing use only)? Any Qualities I might need for those other than my SIN?

Drowdeviant

Ok Natsuki is coming quite nicely, I dropped her using disguises or hand to hand combat so She will be a girl that is full of suprises ;).

Crash

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 29, 2015, 06:45:27 PM
Okay, my character version two is coming along well got skills, magic, some background going in and all. One question do company workers usually live together with well the company arguably approving gang activity and such even if they take taxes from residents or not?

Oh and if she has a Corporate SIN does she have the needed professional licenses for medicine and magic (for healing use only)? Any Qualities I might need for those other than my SIN?

Sorry I meant to answer this last night.  You Corp SIN allows for used of magic in all corp approved ways on corp assignment.  Healing is a legal use of magic so that would be okay.  Large corps have arcologies (I butchered that word) that are self sustained but not all workers live there.  She would need licenses for magic not approved by her corp and some medical equipment but not trauma patches and first aid stuff.  Drugs and some compounds would need a license away from your job.

Companies have no official gang activities.  Most use there own corporate armies or shadowrunners.

Drowdeviant

Hey everyone, any of you concerned about Natsuki following the raven as her mentor spirit? X3

Drowdeviant

... Natsuki might prank the others when she gets to Basil's >:).

I actually made her take up disguises again and it just seems like something someone following the crow couldn't resist doing XD. What the prank will be I'm gonna keep secret till it happens ;)

RubySlippers

I'm sorry this is taking so long for me, Shadowrun 5e is a challenge to work with, I should just pick one build and do it but so many options is a challenge for me.

Crash

orderNchaos

Take your time.  We're going to start the run and will likely bring you guys in after.

RubySlippers

Will you need a Street Doc later? LOL

Remember to bring bodies to her if they have implants many can be removed for credits when resold.

I've decided to do a Medical Savant based on the Adept not worldly, you can guess raised IN a Corp her one Negative Quality a full Corporate SIN but she is out of favor not being good at Office Politics however they won't let her go being a brilliant doctor once she proves she is serious about her Corp. She was told invest enough to get into the Corp housing for executives (High Lifestyle Permanently) you can come back in and we will assume your family again just earn 1,000,000Y and we don't care how?  >:)

Not sure which one now, of the Big Ten which ones have Biotech as a significant branch of making money? I plan to add for one area of medical interet an R&D Specialty.

Crash

I have a list of the big ten in the big game forum. That may help you decide.

RubySlippers

I'm doing an Adept under a Way and kicks ass, in Medicine, as for fighting kind of meh but she grew up in the Shiawase Corporation her parents, their parents, brothers and sisters literally grew up in it. She had a heard time with the Corp Politics and even though brilliant fell out of favor and they want her to toughen up and prove herself before she can get back in, so working out what they want her to do. Well her lifetime contract goes both ways and she IS family they can't just kill her after giving her a full education up through medical school. It would waste resources and THEY could lose face with her loyal proper family members one on the Board of Directors. So other methods were deemed preferable. Tough love in the squalor of the world for hopefully a time will do.  >:)