Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Hey, that's actually two things they can have in common; Rune loves chess (though I'm actually a total clutz at it, myself).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Caela

This entire conversation has both my girls chuckling in the back of my head!

MistressofPen

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 28, 2016, 02:13:46 PM
Aiden and Alitos Leventus have both been approved, if anyone would like to have a history over the last 3-4 years with them.

Friends and Enemies would be welcomed for both.

I could see Aiden and Kylie not being buddies; friendly Kylie and "cold" Aiden...  And, if he doesn't like her cousin... (Rune), boy...prime prank target! :-)

OR---I could see Kylie trying to break through the "cold" by being friendly, then, IF he and Rune don't get along...well, who knows?

Sad that he's such a prime one for enemy status.  Or not.  Conflict makes things interesting.

Codexa

Alexandria Rose

I have a new girl! My muse wouldn't leave it alone.

Anyway, she is open for connections and fun!

>.>

She also has adoptable family members!

Rebelle

Okiday folks

Remember we're going to be kicking off this little adventure very soon. 

Very soon in fact.

in fact - kinda nervous about it, but also totally stoked.

For those who need to submit PB still (myself included) we would like those before we kick off.

We know that real life does come first, of course.

Rebelle

Also:

Here is the tag/header that we will be using.

Feel free to add other things to the tag such as: Wearing, Soundtrack/Mood Music, Content Warning for possible trigger etc etc.

[float=left][img height=200]GOES HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] -Insert Character Name-

[b]House/Year:[/b] -Insert House and Year-

[b]Bloodstatus:[/b] -Insert Blood Status Here-

[b]Wand:[/b] -Basic wand description /Picture Link-

[b]Location|Date:[/b]  -Include Date, and Location-

[b]Tagging:[/b] -Who you are interacting with.

Auctor

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247789.msg12279975#msg12279975

Hey if anyone wants to take a gander at my first accepted character here he is if anyone is interested in scenes with him let me know.

MistressofPen

Quote from: Rebelle on April 28, 2016, 10:19:01 PM
Okiday folks

Remember we're going to be kicking off this little adventure very soon. 

Very soon in fact.

in fact - kinda nervous about it, but also totally stoked.

For those who need to submit PB still (myself included) we would like those before we kick off.

We know that real life does come first, of course.

PB?  Sorry, all I got is peanut butter...   I'm new to group...so, HELP?

Rebelle

Quote from: MistressofPen on April 28, 2016, 11:02:04 PM
PB?  Sorry, all I got is peanut butter...   I'm new to group...so, HELP?

Oh!  Sorry

I meant Pure Blood!

MistressofPen

Quote from: Rebelle on April 28, 2016, 11:02:25 PM
Oh!  Sorry

I meant Pure Blood!

Oh frelling hell!  Duh!  I work for the government and I am overrun by acronyms.  I think I just hit overload with the PB.  But, got a good laugh at my own expense.  XD

Codexa

With the opening of the game so close :D

Yay! Excitement!

We'll be getting threads created, and all that fun!

We are looking forward to kicking this off and writing with everyone!

MisoThe Mouse

My muse is dragging his feet here.  :-[
All I have is a light haired nerd who floats around sometimes when he walks. Is that even a thing in the potter-verse? Spontaneous loss a gravity?
*stares an pen and empty piece of paper*

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 28, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
I could see a prank being pulled that Aiden disapproved of, and forever soured his opinion of Rune.

Once Aiden dislikes someone, it's not easy to get back on his goodside, and he's not afraid to make sure they know he doesn't like them.

Having an Aiden player and Aiden character name isn't going to be confusing at all!

-nod-

Untamed Skies

Aiden

MistressofPen

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 29, 2016, 11:23:14 AM
I have faith in everyone  ;)

Me, too.  But, probably not how you mean.

I'm certain I'll FUBAR.  But, it's not brain surgery...all will probably survive.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on April 29, 2016, 11:23:55 AM

I had to do a double take at the comment, because I was like...

"Well... the same could be said for both Aidens... I'm not sure which one he's talking about?!?"

Rebelle

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 29, 2016, 10:55:09 AM
My muse is dragging his feet here.  :-[
All I have is a light haired nerd who floats around sometimes when he walks. Is that even a thing in the potter-verse? Spontaneous loss a gravity?
*stares an pen and empty piece of paper*

How about this:

(Just jawing to help that muse pick his feet up)

He's a huge quodpot fan so he has a pair of mercury shoes he wears sometimes, unfortunately his shoes apparently have a mind of their own (much like Hagrid's favorite teaching texts), and they get a wild hair up their backside and decide to make him float every now and then when he's not paying attention (tricksy things they are).

Or how over the summer, his cousin (or sibling or someone who is magically inclined) put a charm on them, as a prank, but he doesn't know how to get them uncharmed and neither does said family member who did so.

What sort of activities does he enjoy? Taking care of magical creatures? Dragon lore studying?  Civic duty?  Chess? Choir?

Have you considered a song for him yet?   That might help wake up your muse a little bit.

Just throwing out some ideas for ya :)

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: Rebelle on April 29, 2016, 12:16:58 PM
How about this:

(Just jawing to help that muse pick his feet up)

He's a huge quodpot fan so he has a pair of mercury shoes he wears sometimes, unfortunately his shoes apparently have a mind of their own (much like Hagrid's favorite teaching texts), and they get a wild hair up their backside and decide to make him float every now and then when he's not paying attention (tricksy things they are).

Or how over the summer, his cousin (or sibling or someone who is magically inclined) put a charm on them, as a prank, but he doesn't know how to get them uncharmed and neither does said family member who did so.

What sort of activities does he enjoy? Taking care of magical creatures? Dragon lore studying?  Civic duty?  Chess? Choir?

Have you considered a song for him yet?   That might help wake up your muse a little bit.

Just throwing out some ideas for ya :)
I like the charm idea, and I planned on having him a fan of quodpot.
He's the nerdy type, so lore studies and chess will probably be a big thing for him. I imagine him floating around reading a book most of the time. Something like this guy on the left.

Maybe a song would help? Thanks, this is kickstarting the proicess a bit  :P

Praxis

Sometimes it helps me when I'm trying to generate a character...(and I'm rubbish at it)

* think about the end product.  What do I want the character to progress towards?  What do I want them to be and how do I want them to behave but not necessarily be like that right away?

* think about some of the scenes you are hoping to write and what kind of character you could write within that scene that you would enjoy.

Also...don't worry about fleshing it all out all at once.  I need to get three or four completed scenes done with my characters before I start to get an understanding of who they are and what they're about.

Also...don't look at everyone else's sheets. (in possibly only my opinion) For me...I find it fairly intimidating and I marvel at how fleshed out and complete their characters already seem to be.

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: Praxis on April 29, 2016, 12:51:00 PM
Sometimes it helps me when I'm trying to generate a character...(and I'm rubbish at it)

* think about the end product.  What do I want the character to progress towards?  What do I want them to be and how do I want them to behave but not necessarily be like that right away?

* think about some of the scenes you are hoping to write and what kind of character you could write within that scene that you would enjoy.

Also...don't worry about fleshing it all out all at once.  I need to get three or four completed scenes done with my characters before I start to get an understanding of who they are and what they're about.

Also...don't look at everyone else's sheets. (in possibly only my opinion) For me...I find it fairly intimidating and I marvel at how fleshed out and complete their characters already seem to be.

Thank you thank you. This'll help me piece what's his name together for sure  ;D

Auctor

Hey guys my Pureblood family Tulius got approved let me know if anyone wants to attach to them!

Zealously Jaded

I hope I'm not too late to jump in here :) I'd love to be apart of the fun.

RegretNot

Not at all, we are still accepting characters... might I suggest ipswitch
Quote from: Absinthe Tori on April 30, 2016, 08:08:56 AM
I hope I'm not too late to jump in here :) I'd love to be apart of the fun.

Zealously Jaded