Interest Check: Original World Final Fantasy RP

Started by Florence, February 17, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirHakado

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 19, 2013, 10:24:32 AM
That. As much as I want to make her lean more towards Lissa in honor of Awakening, I think I need to bring MORE SUGAR. :3

CURSE YOU AMERICANS!
I dont get Awakening till April, lousy Europe <.<

Latooni Subota

Fire Emblem: Waifus Edition. I spend more time trying to plan out the perfect pairings for my heroes and grinding than actually progressing the storyline. X3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 19, 2013, 01:47:46 PM
Fire Emblem: Waifus Edition. I spend more time trying to plan out the perfect pairings for my heroes and grinding than actually progressing the storyline. X3

So a lil matchmaker? I wonder how popular a game which centers entirely on arranging pairings/marriages between several generations would be. Kind of like play long living matchmaker in land which has many kingdoms/courts and thinking how marry princesses to princes (or princess to princess and figure how they get a heir).

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 19, 2013, 10:56:02 AM
1) Fire Emblem: Awakening. Its for the 3DS. It looks amazing. I want it.

2) Technically there's no recruitment, this is pretty much just me gauging the popularity of the idea and letting others think about what they might wanna play. I'm going to make a separate thread for the proper rp and whatnot when its ready.

I got the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle. So awesome. XD
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

Revenent

I've had Awakening recommended to me. I might have to pick it up soon, from the sounds of it.

Florence

If one of you buys me a 3DS. Your character can start off with an advanced class :U

(jk... <_< >_> ... I need money.)

A more on-topic thing I want: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/18/first-look-at-final-fantasy-x-running-on-playstation-vita/
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Wargtass

I agree on the Vita. Not so much FFX.

Am I going to die now?
O/O

Florence

Quote from: Wargtass on February 21, 2013, 07:15:56 AM
I agree on the Vita. Not so much FFX.

Am I going to die now?

Eww, yes. Yes you are.

FFX = Amazing.
Vita = Meh.

Of course, you do have the right to have your own (wrong) opinions. But I may be forced to make fun of you for them.

:P
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

I wanted to play FFX, but the narrator's voice was just too annoying for me.  It's such a petty and superficial reason, I know.  By the way, I have started replaying FFIV, which was re-released for the DS.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Florence

Quote from: kckolbe on February 21, 2013, 07:50:17 AM
I wanted to play FFX, but the narrator's voice was just too annoying for me.  It's such a petty and superficial reason, I know.  By the way, I have started replaying FFIV, which was re-released for the DS.

The DS version is alright :O

My favorite version so far is the Complete Collection for the PSP. Its very faithful to the original, with prettier graphics and some minor changes (mostly what was in the GBA version). It also comes bundled with The After Years and a new story that takes place in between the two.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, Complete Collection was tremendously nice!

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Atkinson

FFIV was my first FF!  It was pretty magical to see the DS one with all the voice acting and such, but it was pretty hard.  The PSP one is definitely closer to the Super Nintendo one, and the After Years was neat to start but it was super-tragic that it sort of transformed into a big parade of bosses at the end.  Also that epilogue thing or whatever, where you had to go through the cave with the trap doors was awful because I hate that cave!

Revenent

Yeah, once I heard After Years basically said...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
..."So you wanted sequels to the other 2D Final Fantasies? Well screw you, all the worlds are destroyed!"...

...I lost interest in playing it. And Ceodore is a pretty dumb name.

hippyness

Honestly, my favorite remake of the Final Fantasy series was Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the PSP.

The entire script was rewritten into ye olde speak and made the game feel more like a fantasy world. Also, Tactics was so good anyways.

I'm sure I will not be adding Final Fantasy X HD to my tiny Vita collection.

I have totally slacked off on FF games sense XII, all the remakes and such I haven't kept up with. I do have III and Tactics A2 on the DS.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Florence

Quote from: Revenent on February 21, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
Yeah, once I heard After Years basically said...

..."So you wanted sequels to the other 2D Final Fantasies? Well screw you, all the worlds are destroyed!"...

...I lost interest in playing it. And Ceodore is a pretty dumb name.

I don't THINK they're destroyed. Though I know what you're referencing. I think if anything its just sort of a reference to the other 2D games.

Also. He's named after Golbez :< (Theodor) And the Japanese are weird. So they replaced th with c. xD

Also.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Wiki:Shinra_News#Final_Fantasy_XIV:_A_Realm_Reborn_benchmark_and_new_trailers_released

Quote from: hippyness on February 22, 2013, 01:17:27 AM
Honestly, my favorite remake of the Final Fantasy series was Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the PSP.

The entire script was rewritten into ye olde speak and made the game feel more like a fantasy world. Also, Tactics was so good anyways.

I'm sure I will not be adding Final Fantasy X HD to my tiny Vita collection.

I have totally slacked off on FF games sense XII, all the remakes and such I haven't kept up with. I do have III and Tactics A2 on the DS.

Tactics is one of my favorites, and the remake was absolutely amazing. It was definitely an example of a remake done right. xD Well, it was essentially a glorified port, with new classes, a better translation, some fancy cutscenes and whatnot, but hey, don't fix what ain't broken.

As for X, I don't have a Vita, so I'll be getting it for the PS3 :U

Latooni Subota

I somehow scored over 7000 on the benchmark the other day, so I'm excited. :D

Sabre

2200 at 1280x768 resolution and Medium settings on my laptop.  :P

Any word on that plot yet?

Florence

Just got 3326 at 1360 x768 on Maximum.

I'm guessing I'll have to turn down a few settings, but seems like it'll be pretty sexy when I play it 8D NOW COME ON BETA. ACCEPT ME!

As for the plot, I'm not making any promises as to when it'll be ready, but I'll try getting to work on it in the coming days. I'm not rushing it for the sake of any deadlines though, last time I trued that I burned out and the whole thing fell apart.

Atkinson

6188 on whatever the default things are.  It told me it was happy with the results in pretty green writing, so this bodes well!  Then I got an email this afternoon telling me that because I was in the alpha, I get to be in the beta!  It tells me that for people who weren't previously in the test, their opportunity to play won't unfortunately happen until phase 3.  The first phase doesn't start until the 25th!  Monday is an awful day to start, since I have to work!

Oldknight

if there is room, I would be up for taking a ninja, or dragoon spot.

Wargtass

Quote from: Latooni Subota on February 22, 2013, 01:17:50 PM
I somehow scored over 7000 on the benchmark the other day, so I'm excited. :D

Quote from: Sabre on February 22, 2013, 01:34:16 PM
2200 at 1280x768 resolution and Medium settings on my laptop.  :P

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 22, 2013, 05:42:36 PM
Just got 3326 at 1360 x768 on Maximum.

I'm guessing I'll have to turn down a few settings, but seems like it'll be pretty sexy when I play it 8D NOW COME ON BETA. ACCEPT ME!

Quote from: Atkinson on February 22, 2013, 06:27:38 PM
6188 on whatever the default things are.  It told me it was happy with the results in pretty green writing, so this bodes well!

Imma playing me some original FF on the NES! Got mah cartridge today, bitches! YEAH!
O/O

hippyness

Quote from: Wargtass on February 23, 2013, 01:05:47 PM
Imma playing me some original FF on the NES! Got mah cartridge today, bitches! YEAH!

Jealous. Like uber so. My mom tossed my NES and most of my games years ago. Now everyone wants collector's price for things. Luckily I had my SNES and special games like Zelda and Bubble Bobble at my place.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Wargtass

O/O

Latooni Subota

Atkinson