Interest check-Anime (Rufren Mayata)

Started by Ramael, February 24, 2010, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Rufren Mayata

To those of you out there whom are anime lovers, are smart, and would like to create a world to play around in, read on.

I have to admit-there is a part of my brain that screams out for hot, well-coloured anime girls to play around with.

But I need plot and storylines too!

My pitch is to create an original universe that is a happy blend of the following-Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha and...Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I need the depth and character originality of Evangelion, but I need light and fluffiness too. I like the romance in Inuyasha, I love the style of Champloo, I like the ninja system in Naruto and I need the occasional bout of darkness wrought by Evangelion.

Those are my limiters-anybody who is interested creating a universe with me, let's go on from here!

A few more tags to throw at you so you know what I'm willing to play around with and what I wouldn't mind seeing in this universe/world/setting we create---fantasy, samurai, Neko, catgirls, demons, ninja...

I'd love to get a few anime geeks and great writers and see what we can come up with.

PROGRESSIVE EDIT:

Characters

Quote from: me

Name: Rufio
Race: Human
Appearance: Clad in a long, open-collared jacket. Messy, dark hair. Eyepatch.

History: Certain things are known about Rufio, and certain things aren't. One thing, is that Rufio is not his original name, but it is the moniker he has gone by for the past few years.
From a young age becoming fascinated with mysticism and mythology, Rufio indulged himself at various colleges and art universities, hopping between institutions and never settling down. He flitted from one group of friends to the next, from lycan teenagers, to elven intellectuals, to human artists.

Personality: Eccentric. Switching from likeable to brooding in a matter of seconds, Rufio has been known to go from charming to snarling and back in the space of one conversation. He is a creature of vice and can easily become obsessed over something.

Loves chilli chicken ramen.

Powers: Rufio dabbles in magic and summonings. He has been known to favour one particular female imp summon, although no one knows why for sure.

Alignment: Rufio tries to stay on good terms with all races-human, lycan, demon, elf, the lot. He has however previously been associated with the Brimstone Burger Cartel of demon smugglers.

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 25, 2010, 10:29:31 PM

Name Atanea
Race Amazon Half-Elf
Appearance Atanea is an elf to most appearances, but is dressed in the furs and other accoutrements customarily worn by the Amazon people.
Equipment Steel bracers, steel spear, both handed down in her family for generations.
History Once upon a time, a city of elves went to war with a tribe of amazonian women in the southern lands.  The war was long, and hard-fought, and brutal, and many died.  Yet, many were also captured as prisoners, and the amazonian women in particular kept strange customs which often required them to make use of captured prisoners for various services.  One such captured prisoner even fathered a child who was not slain at birth as the child of an enemy, a captured warrior who became the father of a half-elven girl named Atanea.

Raised in the ways of her mother's people, Atanea overcame great adversity to become a full warrior of the tribe.  And, though the war still rages on, she has now been sent forth into the world.  Now, inspired by the oldest customs of her people, the Amazon Queen has sent Atanea out in search of the ancient homeland of the amazon tribe, ostensibly so that their people might return there, but in truth because she is not expecting the young half-elf to actually find it.
Personality The two words that best describe Atanea, personality-wise, would be 'perky' and 'friendly', though her general lack of understanding about the modern world and the generally low opinion of men she has been taught to hold since early childhood can sometimes cause her to give off the opposite impression.
Powers As befits her dual heritage, Atanea has greatly increased strength, speed and agility, as well as survival skills honed by years of practical experience.  It should be noted, however, that her strength is less than half that of most full-blooded amazon women, something she has compensated for with greater than average speed.
Alignment Atanea feels a strong allegiance to both the ways of her people, (the Bloodflower Jungle Amazon Tribe,) and to the mission she has been given by her queen, and can be expected to do her best to stay true to both whenever possible.

Quote from: Vampricprincessty on March 01, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Name: Mayu
Race: Half Demon
Appearance:
Her human appearance:
Equipment: A sword she inherited from her father.
History: She is the daughter of a great demon Lee Gong. Unforuately she never met him for he died soon after her birth. He had two kids. Meaning she has a older brother somewhere. She barely remembers him but she does remember one thing. He was vampire. Her father must have had some weird sex partners to make the two kids he did. Anyway, she searches for brother. Wondering why he left her the way he did. Nothing is going to stop her from finding him.
Personality: Aggrestive, Reckless, short temper
Powers: Claws: Her claws have a poison in them. Which she uses when fighting otherwise her claws are harmless.  Sword: The sword Tangasu has many abilties but she has not mastered any of them yet. Also on the nights of a full moon, she loses her demon powers. She is only a half demon after all so she hides out on these nights. Not wanting anyone to see her human side. Then, if some power is strong enough she loses herself. Becoming a full demon but not able to control herself. Thus going on a killing spree.
Alignment: Most would see her as evil for her demon side but she is not. All she wants at the moment is to find her brother.

Quote from: Pristine Katalyst on March 06, 2010, 01:11:51 PM

Basics

Name: Toren (Ren) Nakamura
Age: appears in his mid twenties... but is actually centuries old.
Sexual Preference: Bisexual with a preference for women. Males aren't ruled out, just not sought out as eagerly.
Relationship Status: Eternal bachelor

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Red/brown with golden flecks (look amber sometimes)
Hair: blonde so bright it looks orange
Other: Well built, not stocky, just toned.

Personality

-drinking (can't eat, but can enjoy alcohol to a certain extent)
-blood
-cuteness
-horses (which strangely aren't bothered by him, however, predatory animals are.)
Dislikes:
-nags (of any sort)
-the color black
-his father
Strengths:
-heightened senses
-physical strength, speed, quicker healing
-common sense (knows how to survive)
-rakish charm
Weaknesses:
-direct sunlight
-silver weapons
-fire
-crying (male or female, doesn't matter. Just pleasepleaseplease don't cry.)
General Personality: Uncouth, somewhat intelligent, Toren tends to act first and ask questions later. He's a bright colors, rash decisions kind of guy, despite his many years of life, and tends to slip his way out of difficult situations with his extraordinary abilities.
Hopes/Dreams: Hopes to stay anonymous to his younger sister at all costs.
Fears: Mayu finding out what went down between father and son.

History

Family/friends: Just his sister. Many acquaintances, any friends have long since died, his mother, a succubus, as well.
General history: Toren was born a vampire, and grew up with the constant thirst for blood, therefore had it under control by the time he reached puberty. At twenty he stopped aging, and did a bit of traveling. In his travels, he found out something terrible and made a gargantuan mistake that led to his father's death, the details of which he holds close to his heart. Toren took up bounty hunting when he realized how good he would be at it. He exists in anonymity to keep his sister and the questions he knows she will ask at bay.

Quote from: DigitLninja on March 07, 2010, 10:46:42 AM
Appearance:

Name: Hiroshima (Hero) Mizuho

Equipment: Standard ninja equipment - one forehead protector with tortoise symbol on it, one file woven into headband, one Black Ops standard sword, standard pair of gloves with metal hand guards, standard kunai holster with ten kunai straped to his right leg, standard hip pouch with: two extra kunai, ten shuriken, two scrolls, roll of trap wire, five smoke bombs, five exploding tags, two radio headsets, various plant's and seeds, and two hand mirrors.

History: At the age of sixteen Hero was one of the nineteen students of the ninja school that ended up being held back due to falling the final test, and while nine of his friends where going on missions and risking there lives he was re-studying everything he needed to be a ninja for another two years before finally achieving Genin status and earning his headband. Not once did Hero conciser giving up on becoming a ninja as his motivation was the death of his older brother by his own hands, or so he believed. Hero specialized in plant based Jutsu, using seeds and flowers as weapons proved to be a very effective weapon and surveillance tool. Hero was selected to become an Black Op after only two years of missions, but he decided to declined the offer until he reaches Chunin status.
Due to some recent discoveries Hero has been led to believe that his brother's death may have been a murder attempt with himself as the murderer under a Gen Jutsu.

Personality: Hero has always been a very cheerful and helpful person, offering flowers to his close friends and creating beautiful bouquets for his family's Flower Shop where he works between missions. His depression over the death of his brother only motivates him to keep moving forward and put as many smiles on the people around him as he can.

Powers: Various Jutsu usually involving plants, as well as ninja agility and energy control.

Alignment: As his name would imply he is a hero.

Callie Del Noire

Ooooo..

Cowboy Bebop..sounds like LOTS of fun. :D

Kunoichi

Huh.  That kinda reminds me of the time I tried to create a fantasy-based Gundam roleplay...

Ramael

Poor result?

That reminds me-no robots. Lol.

Let's see, a world with its own setting and rules, allowing for many races, magic, humour, romance, action...I guess it's leaning towards a fantasy setting, but that doesn't mean basic appliances are redundant. If we take Naruto's rule of electricity but no guns, for example...

...other things to bounce around...harlequins, witches, witch hunters, magicians, circus performers, pop singers...

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

I was more just making a comment than any kind of suggestion. ^^; Obviously giant robots wouldn't fit for what you're trying to do at all.

Seeing as there are a lot of elements that seem like they might clash, though, perhaps a plot involving different worlds might work?  Or would that be a bit of a cop-out?

Ramael

Maybe...but I completely see your angle and had thought of something similar.

Now if we exchange "worlds" for "planes" we may be onto something...if we think of a kind of Limbo, a plane of existance that is only sparsely populated but is littered with seemingly random settings...amphitheatres and cafes, huge forests and drive-thru cinemas...this Limbo plane (working title) has been recently converged on by other sentient beings (amongst them the player characters) through rifts or similar. This Limbo is to be explored, but the players find out that there are already peoples living there, and depending on the player, not all friendly...

That was about as far as I got on the "planes/worlds converging" idea.

I've got another that simply exists in a mythology setting, low on explanation but richer in player freedom.

EDIT: I forgot another of my influences I'd like to be part of the mix-Spirited Away. The mix of fantastical creatures and strong characters is great and the entire feel of that film is something I'd be extremely interested in making part of this RP.

Kunoichi

Huh.  I wouldn't mind hearing about that second idea...

Ramael

Ok.

If you think the land of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, an entire deck of Tarot cards and a smattering of the brothers Grimm, you have the visual and aesthetic of my second idea.

The key lies in lack of explanation of the setting, and letting players colour the story with their motivations.

For example, maybe one character is a witch hunter on the trail of a witch he has been stalking for some time. He stops at a fairy market in the woods for supplies, and overhears talk (talk between an imp, and a group of masked youths) of a travelling circus group with a new performer whom sounds like she could be the witch he is hunting. Going to see the performance, he sees the "new girl" is not in fact the witch he is stalking but a beautiful young psychic, who wows the audience with her telekinetic powers.

Trying to find this girl backstage after the show, he is blocked by two hefty bodyguards, a chain-smoking minotaur and a giggling catgirl. The catgirl eventually persuades her partner to let the witch hunter have his mind read by the psychic, whilst the two bodyguards stand watch.

Just something I vomited out.

Do you see what I mean about the lack of boundaries? If players can write their own history, then with a bit of jiggling here and there, we can communitively create the full setting for our "world".

Kunoichi

Huh.  That definitely sounds interesting...

*finds herself imagining the possibilities already*

Ramael

Hurrah!

Another idea...two magicians, from rival schools of magic, engage each other in regular and friendly magic-based "duels" taking place across various settings, atop a huge white tower, in a secluded mountain resort, at a student festival, etc. The two are quite famous and acquire interesting sidekicks with their own abilities over time. One of these sidekicks summons a hungry Jinn for a duel...only to find out, halfway through the magician's battle, that the Jinn is on a demonic Wanted List, and suddenly elite demonic policemen appear on the scene. Chaos ensues, with both magicians' teams classed as hostiles along with the baffled Jinn, who only agreed to be summoned in the first place if he was fed his favourite brand of dumplings, and promptly flees the messy battle in pursuit of them...

Now say that the sidekick who summoned the Jinn was the witch who was being hunted in the first story.

Another one...say a rogue succubus happens to find comfort and solace in the companionship of an attractive homosexual ninja assassin, whom also happens to be a supermodel, and whose chiselled features are seen on the front of magazines and billboards. The two have a happy friendship, the famous ninja giving the vein and flirty succubus camera time and her own photoshoots in return for added protection being as the whole world knows the ninja's identity.
Enter a glamorous pop diva who is a celebrity in her own right, and who used to be on the same modelling agency as the ninja. She hires (read:seduces) a motley crew of unlikelys(harlequins, catboys, wizards) into kidnapping the succubus and using her to blackmail the ninja into retirement, and also because she has the hots for our ninja, and believes that she is "the right woman" that he "needs" to find. Hilarity ensues.

A link here could be that one of the harlequins performed in the same circus show as the psychic in the first story, but was dropped due to the new arrivals talent. Jealous, he became a little darker and hopped from job to job, first becoming involved with a charismatic magician whom held an infamous rivalry with another...with these backdrops we have a rough world being built up here.

Kunoichi

Huh.  Now that definitely is an interesting approach to things...

DeviantMunster

Sounds like a whole bunch of crazy! But sounds interesting.

Ramael

Now all we need is people willing to contribute or to start throwing character ideas around...

Kunoichi

Well, I do have one character whom I'm sad I never really got the chance to play who could be perfect for this...

Basically, she's a half-elf from a tribe of amazonian women who were at war with a city of elves, and she's the daughter of a captured elven warrior, raised in the ways of her mother's people.  There are all sorts of reasons she could be out travelling around, and culture shock could lead to plenty of wacky and fun plot elements. ^^

Kaiten

I'll think about this. As long as I have a good amount of freedom to create a character of course. Any restrictions you could think of?  :-\

Ramael

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 25, 2010, 05:50:54 PM
Well, I do have one character whom I'm sad I never really got the chance to play who could be perfect for this...

Basically, she's a half-elf from a tribe of amazonian women who were at war with a city of elves, and she's the daughter of a captured elven warrior, raised in the ways of her mother's people.  There are all sorts of reasons she could be out travelling around, and culture shock could lead to plenty of wacky and fun plot elements. ^^

Great. So along with the settings in my first stories, there is a city of elves present in this world. *poofs*. What else can you tell us about this city, or about the amazonian tribe? Why were they at war?

I will put a limit after the first five players (after me) have written up histories, because by then we should have a large, diverse and interesting enough setting. Any more players are welcome, but the the world will be shaped by the first five.

Quote from: Kaiten on February 25, 2010, 06:58:22 PM
I'll think about this. As long as I have a good amount of freedom to create a character of course. Any restrictions you could think of?  :-\

Hi!
No gods (unless theyre humourously underpowered Gods, like a character from Gintama. That would be interesting.) No all powerfuls...you know the score. I would encourage a tiny dash of humour if you can work it in.

Other than that, you have all the freedom you want! As long as it's anime themed, of course.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on February 25, 2010, 07:09:29 PM
Great. So along with the settings in my first stories, there is a city of elves present in this world. *poofs*. What else can you tell us about this city, or about the amazonian tribe? Why were they at war?

Well, the actual roleplay the character is from never really got the chance to go into history or anything like that, (then again, even the plot was mostly a flimsy pretext for a little sex and violence, so it might not have ever gotten into history...) but I did wind up giving it some thought in my free time.  Basically, imagine that a Greek-style Amazon culture, located on an island, run by women, working mostly off of slave labor and so on, is suddenly transported by some massive act of magic or divine power into a heavily jungled terrain.

That's the general backstory for the tribe of amazons, and their modern day culture is a reflection of how their culture was shaped by the sudden change to this new environment.  Ancient columned structures overgrown by various colorful jungle plants, beasts of burden and hunting animals made frequent use of, ancient legends telling of their ancestral homeland and the terrible tragedy that took them from it, and so on...

The elves...  Well, I'm thinking that they're just elves. >>; Some walled city away from the jungle, out in the plains, and the first conflict between the two peoples would have occured when hunting parties from each side went after the same herd of plains bison, or elephants, or something...  Inherent prejudices on both sides probably kept any kind of peaceful relationships from forming after that. (Snooty elves see the amazonian women as savages, while the amazon tribe has no respect for any society led by men.)

Does that sound like something that could work?

Ramael

Sounds good? The only thing I'd suggest is that neither race would be too shocked by encountering low-tech things? Appliances of sorts may be used by other characters y'see. Though I can see the Amazonians being completely flustered by batteries or streetlights.

No probs though.

What can you tell us about your character now? Depending on what interest we get, I may write one up as well.

Kunoichi

Works for me.

Her name's Atanea, and the original version of her basically grew up dealing with all kinds of abuse from her dual heritage as a half-elf.  As a result, she was very shy, quiet and non-challenging, and always extremely glad for any friends she wound up making.  She'd probably have been a good fit for some kind of moe anime, actually, but as it is now, I'm thinking it might be fun to have her be more confident and assertive, as well as possibly throwing in a tribal custom about her having to marry the first man to defeat her in a fight...

Though, part of me thinks she'll be better as just her regular, shy self, as well. ^^; Basically, I'm undecided.

Ramael

I heartily heartily recommend that tribal custom, Kunoichi!

I think now would be a good time to use you as a guinea pig. I hope you don't mind.

Could you fill in a character template? Basic, very basic for now.

Name
Race
Appearance (feel free to zap up pics)
Equipment
History
Personality
Powers (if your character dabbles in magic or has a special ability. Optional, not necessary)
Alignment (this doesn't have to be good/evil/neutral, but can be to an organisation or clan. Will also give us an idea of how many races or tribes or teams or companies and so forth that operate in our world)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on February 25, 2010, 09:14:33 PM
I heartily heartily recommend that tribal custom, Kunoichi!

I think now would be a good time to use you as a guinea pig. I hope you don't mind.

Could you fill in a character template? Basic, very basic for now.

Alright then. ^^ Keep the custom I shall.

Name Atanea
Race Amazon Half-Elf
Appearance Atanea is an elf to most appearances, but is dressed in the furs and other accoutrements customarily worn by the Amazon people.
Equipment Steel bracers, steel spear, both handed down in her family for generations.
History Once upon a time, a city of elves went to war with a tribe of amazonian women in the southern lands.  The war was long, and hard-fought, and brutal, and many died.  Yet, many were also captured as prisoners, and the amazonian women in particular kept strange customs which often required them to make use of captured prisoners for various services.  One such captured prisoner even fathered a child who was not slain at birth as the child of an enemy, a captured warrior who became the father of a half-elven girl named Atanea.

Raised in the ways of her mother's people, Atanea overcame great adversity to become a full warrior of the tribe.  And, though the war still rages on, she has now been sent forth into the world.  Now, inspired by the oldest customs of her people, the Amazon Queen has sent Atanea out in search of the ancient homeland of the amazon tribe, ostensibly so that their people might return there, but in truth because she is not expecting the young half-elf to actually find it.
Personality The two words that best describe Atanea, personality-wise, would be 'perky' and 'friendly', though her general lack of understanding about the modern world and the generally low opinion of men she has been taught to hold since early childhood can sometimes cause her to give off the opposite impression.
Powers As befits her dual heritage, Atanea has greatly increased strength, speed and agility, as well as survival skills honed by years of practical experience.  It should be noted, however, that her strength is less than half that of most full-blooded amazon women, something she has compensated for with greater than average speed.
Alignment Atanea feels a strong allegiance to both the ways of her people, (the Bloodflower Jungle Amazon Tribe,) and to the mission she has been given by her queen, and can be expected to do her best to stay true to both whenever possible.

Aiden

I wish I would have seen this earlier, pitching an Idea I one day want to see if it can become a success.

One of my favorite anime currently is Hitman:Reborn, so the idea was influenced by that. (Those who might know what I am talking about, Mafialand)

A game set around "Anime" characters learning how to be heroes/villains/ anti-heroes etc. A large academy that spans every genre. Lush gardens/jungles, futuristic command centers/VR rooms for Mech/ship piloting training, old-style dojos for martial artist enthusiast, hot springs, dorms, class rooms, teachers and trainers who live on this massive ship floating in space. These large schools either go to war with rival schools or have competitions in martial arts, magic casting, sports or just want to cause trouble.

Always something to do, new "overpowered" skill to learn, enemies/friends and/or lovers to make.

Forgive my rambling, this is an idea in the rough.

Ramael

Quote from: Aiden on February 26, 2010, 01:58:10 AM
I wish I would have seen this earlier, pitching an Idea I one day want to see if it can become a success.

One of my favorite anime currently is Hitman:Reborn, so the idea was influenced by that. (Those who might know what I am talking about, Mafialand)

A game set around "Anime" characters learning how to be heroes/villains/ anti-heroes etc. A large academy that spans every genre. Lush gardens/jungles, futuristic command centers/VR rooms for Mech/ship piloting training, old-style dojos for martial artist enthusiast, hot springs, dorms, class rooms, teachers and trainers who live on this massive ship floating in space. These large schools either go to war with rival schools or have competitions in martial arts, magic casting, sports or just want to cause trouble.

Always something to do, new "overpowered" skill to learn, enemies/friends and/or lovers to make.

Forgive my rambling, this is an idea in the rough.

We're all rambling in the rough so far, so no worries.

That's a colourful splurge you've written up there. I like the settings you've written up, and especially the academy one. It sounds as if my two magicians from my second story could have been from one or two of these.

I think at the moment, unless I come across massive opposition to this, I'd like to drop to command centers/space ship, to fit in with the current theme, i.e not too futuristic. Maybe replace with cities/massive floating air ship zeppelin?
Everything else is good, though...and if you write up a character, nearly everything you've written will become part of this world! Talk about an investment! *nudge, nudge.

That reminds me. I'm going to create our "world"'s name from the letters making up the first five player's names.

P.S S'good Kunoichi (do people use a shortened version of your name?!)

Kunoichi

You can call me Kuno if you'd like, Ramael. ^^

Pristine Katalyst

No guns? If there's electricity, there should be guns. xD In what way is the Bebop universe involved in this world?
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Kunoichi

I think the idea is to think of the different universes listed as a bunch of different sources of inspiration, rather than some specific crossover scenario. ^^;

Ramael

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 26, 2010, 02:17:14 PM
I think the idea is to think of the different universes listed as a bunch of different sources of inspiration, rather than some specific crossover scenario. ^^;

Took the words outta my mouth. Thanks.

And guns...well we all know guns are just Freudian replacements for cocks. I like to think we here prefer the correct use of the real thing.  >:)
They're also banal, boring..."I set up my high-calibre sniper rifle on the hill overlooking my opponent, take aim at his head and fire."

No conflict, no dramatic interaction, no passion, dull, dull, dull.

No guns in Inuyasha, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Gintama or Spirited Away, and they seem to get along fine. Even the best fights in Evangelion happened minus them.

You can still make a Bebop-esque, smoking, open-shirted, cool bounty-hunter character without a gun. Crossbows, a belt of throwing knives, bolas,shuriken, and that's even before we get onto magic...

Pristine Katalyst

Quote from: Ramael on February 26, 2010, 03:02:40 PM
Took the words outta my mouth. Thanks.

And guns...well we all know guns are just Freudian replacements for cocks. I like to think we here prefer the correct use of the real thing.  >:)
They're also banal, boring..."I set up my high-calibre sniper rifle on the hill overlooking my opponent, take aim at his head and fire."

No conflict, no dramatic interaction, no passion, dull, dull, dull.

No guns in Inuyasha, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Gintama or Spirited Away, and they seem to get along fine. Even the best fights in Evangelion happened minus them.

You can still make a Bebop-esque, smoking, open-shirted, cool bounty-hunter character without a gun. Crossbows, a belt of throwing knives, bolas,shuriken, and that's even before we get onto magic...

Aw, thats too bad. The character I was interested in setting down in this world uses an old 9mm... very Trigun/Cowboy Bebop. Actually, Haven and Ren are both bounty hunters, but again, Haven is very much a gun man. Oh well. It's definitely an interesting concept, and maybe I'll fall off the gun wagon later and see if it's still open. xD Thanks for the info.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Kunoichi

...What about John Woo-style gun fu? ^^;

Vampricprincessty

I love Inuyasha and Hitman reborn. I am also into Clannad right now and Vampire Knight. I would love to be a part of this but I have no idea what kind of character to play. Oh yea...Bleach too. I doubt I could roll up elements of my favorite characters into one. OOOH! I don't know. This does sound like a  lot of fun though.  I am at a lost..... :P

Ramael

Quote from: Vampricprincessty on February 27, 2010, 12:47:58 AM
I love Inuyasha and Hitman reborn. I am also into Clannad right now and Vampire Knight. I would love to be a part of this but I have no idea what kind of character to play. Oh yea...Bleach too. I doubt I could roll up elements of my favorite characters into one. OOOH! I don't know. This does sound like a  lot of fun though.  I am at a lost..... :P

You can do it! We believe in you.

Have a crack at the character sheet, and if you don't like it, we can tweak it till you're happy. We have a while yet before I set up the RP thread.

Vampricprincessty

Name: Mayu
Race: Half Demon
Appearance:
Her human appearance:
Equipment: A sword she inherited from her father.
History: She is the daughter of a great demon Lee Gong. Unforuately she never met him for he died soon after her birth. He had two kids. Meaning she has a older brother somewhere. She barely remembers him but she does remember one thing. He was vampire. Her father must have had some weird sex partners to make the two kids he did. Anyway, she searches for brother. Wondering why he left her the way he did. Nothing is going to stop her from finding him.
Personality: Aggrestive, Reckless, short temper
Powers: Claws: Her claws have a poison in them. Which she uses when fighting otherwise her claws are harmless.  Sword: The sword Tangasu has many abilties but she has not mastered any of them yet. Also on the nights of a full moon, she loses her demon powers. She is only a half demon after all so she hides out on these nights. Not wanting anyone to see her human side. Then, if some power is strong enough she loses herself. Becoming a full demon but not able to control herself. Thus going on a killing spree.
Alignment: Most would see her as evil for her demon side but she is not. All she wants at the moment is to find her brother.

Kunoichi

Ramael

Indeed it is! Lee Gong sounds an interesting character history to explore...

Great stuff, I have edited my original post to include definate characters.

Still looking for more players, and once we have a couple more, I will use everyone's details to create a firmer plot/history/world setting, then get the RP up.

Question-does anyone have any objections if I play a character? I was gonna stay out if we were overwhelmed by interest, but if it stays under five I might make a char.

Kunoichi

I think you probably should make a character, since this RP doesn't seem to be getting much interest. ^^; Freeform roleplaying isn't like D&D, where you need a GM, or something...

Vampricprincessty

Thanks. ^^ I am glad you all like it. Anyway, I think you should too. It will be more fun that way. 

Pristine Katalyst

Dammit, her hair is orange. Okay, I can work with that... Why I thought it was blonde is beyond me... lol (sounds random, I know, but  Vampricprincessty should get it. xD)

You should definitely make a character Ramael... it would be really nice to RP with you! ^^

I've discussed a bit with Vampiricprincessty and decided to play Mayu's brother, the vampire. I already have a character with orange hair, too... I'll have to make him a vampire... I also have a character with red hair (following more along the lines of the first picture) and that one already is a vampire. I'd just have to rewrite his history...

Ramael

Glad to have you on board, Katalyst!

Sounds like a great idea you and Vampy have cooked up, I look forward to seeing it in action.

Well, due to overwhelming demand (:p) I'll have a character in the pipeline then...!

Pristine Katalyst

Yay! Princess are I are working my character out (sort of right now?) and I might have it up later tonight. ^^

Vampricprincessty

Yea, I am so ready to start this rp. So excited! *Giggles happily*

Kunoichi

It certainly seems like it's going to have some fun possibilities. ;D

Pristine Katalyst

definitely 100% agreed!!

update: because of a certain someone *glares at said person* I'm going to have to make the profile tomorrow. *goes off to bake a cake, grumbling under her breath*

Orochimaru

I think I am interested personally.

Ramael

Go for it and make a character, Oro.

Kukuku.

Think we're still waiting on Katalyst's profile as well?

Kunoichi

Pristine Katalyst

Finally! Sorry it took so long to get this up. I was sick and busy with various RL things.

Basics

Name: Toren (Ren) Nakamura
Age: appears in his mid twenties... but is actually centuries old.
Sexual Preference: Bisexual with a preference for women. Males aren't ruled out, just not sought out as eagerly.
Relationship Status: Eternal bachelor

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Red/brown with golden flecks (look amber sometimes)
Hair: blonde so bright it looks orange
Other: Well built, not stocky, just toned.

Personality

-drinking (can't eat, but can enjoy alcohol to a certain extent)
-blood
-cuteness
-horses (which strangely aren't bothered by him, however, predatory animals are.)
Dislikes:
-nags (of any sort)
-the color black
-his father
Strengths:
-heightened senses
-physical strength, speed, quicker healing
-common sense (knows how to survive)
-rakish charm
Weaknesses:
-direct sunlight
-silver weapons
-fire
-crying (male or female, doesn't matter. Just pleasepleaseplease don't cry.)
General Personality: Uncouth, somewhat intelligent, Toren tends to act first and ask questions later. He's a bright colors, rash decisions kind of guy, despite his many years of life, and tends to slip his way out of difficult situations with his extraordinary abilities.
Hopes/Dreams: Hopes to stay anonymous to his younger sister at all costs.
Fears: Mayu finding out what went down between father and son.

History

Family/friends: Just his sister. Many acquaintances, any friends have long since died, his mother, a succubus, as well.
General history: Toren was born a vampire, and grew up with the constant thirst for blood, therefore had it under control by the time he reached puberty. At twenty he stopped aging, and did a bit of traveling. In his travels, he found out something terrible and made a gargantuan mistake that led to his father's death, the details of which he holds close to his heart. Toren took up bounty hunting when he realized how good he would be at it. He exists in anonymity to keep his sister and the questions he knows she will ask at bay.

Ramael

Fantastique!

I have added your char prof to my original post.

As I said I would, I'd name our world after us...how does Rufren Mayata sound?!

Now we have half of our characters related, so I guess it would make sense to orient the RP at least slightly towards them, at least the in the first instance...maybe Toren knows that there is one possible link between him and his sister, and that lies with Rufio, and maybe Maya, against her better judgement, goes to Rufio because she has heard he's well "connected"...although they don't know it, they are headed for the same place. And maybe this place where Rufio has based himself is on Atanea's ancient homeland, only he doesn't have a clue and Ata only has the vaguest of ideas...

I'm just batting things around. Just initialising a bit of brainstorming before I put the thread up.

DigitLninja

I am in, I have a naruto based ninja that I have been wanting to put into a game... wish I had a good picture but I think I can get a good description going.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Ramael

A half elf, a half demon, a vampire, a wannabe gangster and a ninja.

If you can get even a half-decent pic that would work too, Digi.

How does this ninja fit in with Rufren Mayata?

DigitLninja

um... what do you mean, as in how did he end up in this cross universe?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Vampricprincessty

I like the idea. It ties the characters in together.

Ramael

Quote from: DigitLninja on March 07, 2010, 09:08:47 AM
um... what do you mean, as in how did he end up in this cross universe?

Nah, just the standard motivations, dreams, personality, etc. I was just getting a heads up before you posted a char sheet.

Also, its not a "cross universe" as such.  :-)

DigitLninja

Appearance:

Name: Hiroshima (Hero) Mizuho

Equipment: Standard ninja equipment - one forehead protector with tortoise symbol on it, one file woven into headband, one Black Ops standard sword, standard pair of gloves with metal hand guards, standard kunai holster with ten kunai straped to his right leg, standard hip pouch with: two extra kunai, ten shuriken, two scrolls, roll of trap wire, five smoke bombs, five exploding tags, two radio headsets, various plant's and seeds, and two hand mirrors.

History: At the age of sixteen Hero was one of the nineteen students of the ninja school that ended up being held back due to falling the final test, and while nine of his friends where going on missions and risking there lives he was re-studying everything he needed to be a ninja for another two years before finally achieving Genin status and earning his headband. Not once did Hero conciser giving up on becoming a ninja as his motivation was the death of his older brother by his own hands, or so he believed. Hero specialized in plant based Jutsu, using seeds and flowers as weapons proved to be a very effective weapon and surveillance tool. Hero was selected to become an Black Op after only two years of missions, but he decided to declined the offer until he reaches Chunin status.
Due to some recent discoveries Hero has been led to believe that his brother's death may have been a murder attempt with himself as the murderer under a Gen Jutsu.

Personality: Hero has always been a very cheerful and helpful person, offering flowers to his close friends and creating beautiful bouquets for his family's Flower Shop where he works between missions. His depression over the death of his brother only motivates him to keep moving forward and put as many smiles on the people around him as he can.

Powers: Various Jutsu usually involving plants, as well as ninja agility and energy control.

Alignment: As his name would imply he is a hero.
Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

Dude, that's great, but, we're not using characters from the actual franchises themselves, they are just there for inspiration, as is discussed in the first few posts of this thread (also my reply to your post just now "it's not a cross universe as such").

So you can have a ninja named Hiroshima Mizuho who lost his brother in shady circumstances, has an affinity for flowers and plantlife, but all the other Naruto-specific tags will have to go..."genjutsu, Konoha, Leaf village, Yamanaka flower shop, Chunin" etc.

We're not lifting directly from other franchises here, rather using them as inspiration. Rufren Mayata is a stand alone world/setting.

Pristine Katalyst

I like our universe. ^^ I'm excited about your idea as well.

So I guess I have to figure out a good reason for Toren to be going to this specific place... maybe it's rich in bounties? And then Rufio knows he's going there and told Mayu? Is that what I'm getting from that?

Just want to be clear. xD

Ramael

If you like, as I say, I was just brainstorming.

Does that give Rufio too much power?! Some kind of "chessmaster", heh. I don't want him holding all the cards, only maybe half the deck and blagging the rest.

Maybe Toren is chasing a bounty on Rufio(Or perhaps even Ata? Maybe being in search of her homeland, she's been classified as some kind of terrorist?!) but he's been given wrong information, and after a confrontation where the pair of them figure it all out and the dust starts to settle...Maya arrives.

Dun dun dunnnnn!!

DigitLninja

Alright, I edited my character so that he will be up to code. Every term I left in are common terms used in ninja training and weapons and not exclusive to the Naruto franchise for example Jutsu, Genin, Chunin, ect.
Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

.......ok. Personally I think it's still clear that Hero's very close to the Narutoverse, but I'm happy to let it slide unless anyone else has a massive problem with it.

What are Hero's opinions on demons, vampires, and the like? Has he met any elves before?

DigitLninja

Through his missions he has probably met up with or fought with any of these creatures. He has no problem with them unless they are his target or threatening his village in any way. He tries his best not to judge before he get's to know someone.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

Truthfully, so long as it doesn't clash with Toren's general personality or history, I'm up for just about anything you could suggest, Ramael. XD

Searching out a bounty on Rufio's head sounds like fun though. Or Ata. or both. lmao

When I talked to Princess she said she wanted to wait a while before Ren and Mayu met up, but if she doesn't mind them meeting up this early, I don't either. ^^ The more drama the better, xD

Digi, you're probably going to need a reason for Hiro to leave his village... a mission of some sort perhaps???? That way you could have some interaction with us. ^^ OOOHHHH... what do you think about your village hearing about Rufio and his 'connections' and sent Hiro to do a recon mission?

Just a random thought. ^^

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

Quote from: Pristine Katalyst on March 07, 2010, 02:39:29 PM

When I talked to Princess she said she wanted to wait a while before Ren and Mayu met up, but if she doesn't mind them meeting up this early, I don't either. ^^ The more drama the better, xD

That's fine, I didn't mean for my suggestions to be immediate, just as the first bit of plot we can work towards in our first batch of posts.  There needs to be some tension before the siblings meet...not just "Oh I wish I could find my-oh hi"  ;D

As far as establishing characters go...I don't mind that last idea you threw out there about Hero, Katalyst, but I'd like to work Ata in there. Maybe Rufio has heard of a half-elf on the grapevine and finds the prospect enticing? Maybe even more so if it's a female half-elf?!

But that would move Rufio about and ruin Toren coming to me. Then again it could be a tracking story...with Toren getting closer all the time, building the tension...but then it might be boring from lack of interaction.

What I DO like is the possibilities for alliances/enemies here. No one is particularly morally biased either way, makes for the most interesting characters IMO.

I imagine Rufio would be very interested in who Toren collects bounties for, and who Hero works for. Apparant loners like Maya or Ata would seem easy prey to him...or maybe he's just curious? WHO KNOWS.

Kunoichi

*thinks about it for a few moments*

Well, for some reason, I can't help but think that Atanea would probably wind up fighting crime while travelling, just to keep her skills sharp...  Perhaps she winds up breaking up somebody's illicit activities and ruining somebody else's attempts to collect a bounty on somebody?  Or maybe she just winds up stumbling into some other odd situation of some sort...

*thinks about it for a few more moments*

Perhaps she should have brought along some jungle beast of some sort as a ride?  Like a stegosaurus, perhaps. ^^;

Pristine Katalyst

Ha ha, I planned on the bounty hunting to be more Bebop style: either government centered, or perhaps the bounties are set by each individual village, because Toren is the type to want to be his own boss, freelance-like. He wouldn't enjoy working under someone else if he could help it.

I do, however, very much like the idea of Atanea breaking up his bounty thinking he's attacking an innocent person or something. Perhaps it's a rather large bounty, and she feels responsible for making him lose it and feels she owes him a favor? maybe, with her crime-fighting skills, she decides to help him out until the debt is satisfied? Of course, that would mean they would have to travel together for a while... perhaps towards Rufio. xD

Perhaps it was Rufio that pulled a string and set her up to mess up Ren's bounty in the first place....

again, just some random thoughts.

DigitLninja

So my character needs a mission that will allow him to meet up with someone else, but it all comes down to is he there to kill someone or is he trying to find an item, ect. What I would like to know is who is going to be doing what, and where my ninja's presence would be the most helpful.

Also I changed the image of my character, that should make it less Naruto like though still holding some of the key elements.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

I like your new pic. He's hawt. xD

It looks like Toren is going to be doing some bounty hunting and making his way towards Rufio as far as I can tell, where he will meet up with his sister accidentally, who is Princess's Mayu. That's all I've got for somewhat certain so far. lol

Kunoichi

I guess it all comes down to who Atanea and Hero meet up with first, then...

DigitLninja

lol thanks, I'm glad you like the picture ^_^

I think I would like to meet up with Mayu first, but I need a good mission that would lead me to her in the first place... What could a long term single man mission for a hidden village be...

just checking... but are you the same Kunoichi from the old site?
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

Yes I am, Digit. ^^ Nice to see you again.

Perhaps the mission could be a bodyguard mission?

Ramael

!

-Digi's new pic. Thumbs up.

-Ata's stegasaurus, great idea! Fantastical, and marks her out as unique. Does this stegosaurus talk, or have a personality of any kind?

-Ata's crime fighting, why? Has she a history of this? Did she fight crime at home? Wouldn't stopping to fight crime delay her from the search for her homeland?

-Kata, like your ideas about Toren's bounty hunting. Where is he getting his information on his marks from? Also, can he only track bounty at night?

-Digi, Hidden Village? I thought we were dropping the Narutisms? Daimyos, or Lords, or hell even a Duke if you want to dispense with the Japanese theme a little would probably keep a company of ninja. You were talking about missions...ninjas, being spies and assassins...maybe your employers/your home have a rivalry with Rufio's cartel of demons, or are looking for a joint buisiness venture? Maybe you've been sent to gather information on the Brimstone Burger boys?(yes I'm keeping the name-that crew of demons will be a bunch of oddbods!)

Pristine Katalyst

Hmmm.... what about Trigun style bounties... just a board posted in every town that is bounties that are up for grabs? It would be an easier way to keep the peace than having police and whatnot. Plus it leaves us free of legalities outside of sheriffs or whoever runs the town/village/city whatever. lol

Kunoichi

I'm thinking the stegosaurus will just be a stegosaurus, brain the size of a walnut and everything. ^^;

...Although now, for some reason, I'm thinking an anthro stegosaurus would be kind of sexy... Oo;

As far as the crime fighting goes, like I said, it would be something she'd do to make sure her skills don't decline.  She's got to keep herself sharp somehow, after all.  Though I also see your point about it being a bit of a waste of time, too.

Edit: Hmm.  Bounties, though, could be a good way to get money, which is something she'd need while travelling the world...

DigitLninja

Ok, I'll leave out the 'hidden village' scenario, so perhaps his lord was sent a request for a body guard for Mayu, with the promises of twice the normal fee or something...
Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

I love the smell of ideas in the morning.

Yum!

Kata (I keep calling you this, is it even okay?!) no police kind of negates me being a "gangster"...but then again, if I'm not diametrically opposed to a police force, then I'm not a straightforward "bad guy".

I like it.

Anthro stegasaurus-go for it. Then we have a nice split, you and I. Rufio with his female imp summon, and you with your steg pet guy, make an interesting meet.

Boards-cool. What if....what IF...what if Toren comes across a board up on...his sister?!
Maya has a history of uncontrollable violence every now and again. It would be quite plausible if someone had seen Maya as a threat...if Toren sees this, it's a race against time to either eliminate any other hunters on the tail of his sister without her finding him out, or to get to the source and find out who's put a bounty on Maya and convince them to lift it.

If Ata takes up bounty hunting as a part time money maker/travel oppurtunity, there's a nice opening there for the more experienced Toren to come and "show her the ropes"...if he thinks she's worth it. What if there IS a bounty on Maya and Ata takes it up? What better test of someones skills than to take down a half-demon?!

Geography-all this talk is helping me get an idea...I'm seeing Rufio living in a city, and Ata obviously coming from the furthest away, the wilder lands that people don't know as much about, Ata being an exotic rarity (even rarer with her very exotic pet!) If we have one large city, then the other characters can come from the surrounding areas, smaller towns, planes, places not as far away from the city as Ata's elven home.

Digi-what if Hero came from/works in the same city as Rufio? An urban ninja is a plausible ninja. That also balances it out, we are in closer proximity, saves having all of the characters lugging about the place.

Ramael

Sorry to double post, I've just seen you guys catching onto the idea of bodyguarding Mayu (sorry for previous misspelling).

If Hero's her bodyguard, and Ata is trying to take her first bounty, that's the build up to a confrontation right there...what WILL Toren do?!

Lots of ideas. Some of them clash. We'll sort it out.

Pristine Katalyst

QuoteBoards-cool. What if....what IF...what if Toren comes across a board up on...his sister?!
Maya has a history of uncontrollable violence every now and again. It would be quite plausible if someone had seen Maya as a threat...if Toren sees this, it's a race against time to either eliminate any other hunters on the tail of his sister without her finding him out, or to get to the source and find out who's put a bounty on Maya and convince them to lift it.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS IDEA!! *tackles Ramael and decides she must eat his brain and therefore become as awesomely smart as him*

*coughcough* Anyway... yes, yes, and yes. We just have to get Princess to agree. ^^

And Atanea going after Mayu? Again, absolutely awesome. Heyo, Toren, time to get your tracking boots on. Not only do you have to find an exotic half elf, but you have to a) eliminate an other bounty hunter that wants Mayu's head or b)Find Mayu before someone else does.

B E A U tiful.

EDIT: Also, call me Kat, Kata, PK, Priss, whatever. Doesn't make a diff to me. Most people just use Kat though. (See avatar)

DigitLninja

I like the idea of Mayu having a bounty placed on her head and having Hero posted as he bodyguard, it does make for some conflict if someone comes after her. Plus her brother can mistake Hero for an assassin at some point as well.
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on March 07, 2010, 05:34:18 PM
Anthro stegasaurus-go for it. Then we have a nice split, you and I. Rufio with his female imp summon, and you with your steg pet guy, make an interesting meet.

I was actually thinking more that a female anthro stegosaurus would probably fit a lot of guys' definitions for sexy. ^^; Nice, wide hips, and for some reason I keep thinking that that secondary brain used to control the entire lower half of the body has potential for some kinky situations... >>;

Also, +1 for the whole bodyguard and bounty and amazon bounty hunter, thing.

Ramael

I'm glad you guys gobbled that one up.

So we have a setting, and a dramatic situation. All of the characters are involved...apart from ol Rufi. Now I personally think it would be too easy to have him put up the board on Mayu in the first place, as Rufio doesn't have that kind of power, also...he doesn't really have the motive to be trying to get half-demon girls beat up/captured. There's nothing in it for him.

Maybe Toren comes to Rufio, begrudgingly for help? He needs to save his sister, but can't have her knowing its him who's doing it? Maybe he thinks Rufio can get the bounty removed as a backup plan in case Toren can't find his sister in time? Maybe Toren offers a deal to Rufio...if Rufio can make out that there is a criminal WORSE than a half-demon (and Rufio knows a lot of criminals) then his sister will be forgotten about. If Rufio puts himself on the line by sensationally demonising (excuse the pun) a fellow criminal, Toren has to agree to go after and take down that criminal once the bounty on his sister has been lifted. Of course, that other criminal isn't going to be very pleased that he's all of a sudden become the target of a vampire bounty hunter...

Female steg anthro-far better than my male idea ;p Now...can you find a fitting picture?!

Digi-you being placed as Mayu's bodyguard (if she agrees to all this!) Can you/anyone else think of a reason why Hero's lord wants Mayu protected? Wait. Didn't she say something about her father, Lee Gong was it? I knew he seemed an interesting character...maybe Mayu's father did something for Hero's lord once, and the lord owes Mayu's family big time. This would make for some nice interaction between Mayu and Hero.

DigitLninja

That could work, perhaps my lord had a romantic entanglement with the late Lee Gong, not that this would be ether of the characters mothers but that could give the lord a major need to keep Mayu protected.
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on March 07, 2010, 06:12:58 PM
Female steg anthro-far better than my male idea ;p Now...can you find a fitting picture?!

Nope. >>; And you really don't wanna know what I found when I looked...

DigitLninja

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 07, 2010, 06:21:21 PM
Nope. >>; And you really don't wanna know what I found when I looked...

I may be able to help with your search for a female stego pic... for once furry fandom pays off ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

DigitLninja

if this link doesn't work for you Kunoichi let me know...

Click here
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

Hmm, interesting site...

Not a bad picture, either. ^^

DigitLninja

Yeah took me forever to find cause I couldn't remember the guys name on the art site I'm on >_<

I knew it was dinosaur related but I completely forgot it was Fossil so I was searching through 600 some odd names.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

Just a note: Mayu and Toren's father is dead. Doesn't mean someone couldn't owe him a  favor and decide to repay the child instead, of course. xD Debts are transferable, after all. lol

Toren could definitely go to Rufio to try and get the bounty lifted. He definitely wouldn't want Mayu to know it was him helping her.. but perhaps a little later on Rufio leaks it to her anyway? xD

Vampricprincessty

Sorry I was gone so long.

I L O V E the ideas you all have come up with. I am sure it will be fun to do with you all also I have no problem doing it. I do have some questions though. Do you want Mayu to know about the bounty on her? What made her go into full demon mode and kill so many? (I will think on this one. It give a reason for her to be on the list). Thats it for questions. Plus she maybe a bit upset about having a bodyguard. Seeing as she feels she can protect herself, but she will agree after maybe something happening to her that she couldn't protect herself?

DigitLninja

Glad you like it, I felt kinda weird tossing out all these ideas for someone who wasn't around ^_^;
Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

Quote from: Vampricprincessty on March 08, 2010, 02:26:51 PM
Plus she maybe a bit upset about having a bodyguard. Seeing as she feels she can protect herself, but she will agree after maybe something happening to her that she couldn't protect herself?

I see a sitcom coming up! The demon and the ninja, one's cooky and ker-azy, and the other's so serious and deadly! What WILL they do next?!
Demon, ninja, demondemondemon, niiinja....

...Ahem.

I'm sure whatever you two decide between you will be great.  ;D

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

It certainly would be full of hilarity ensuing...

Pristine Katalyst

This whole thing is going to be one big drama show. Awesomeness. ^^

Orochimaru

I am making up my character now. I am just trying to balance him out. I am recreating an idea I had. Just improving. Hope no one minds....poison. @-@

Pristine Katalyst

Hope to add your character into the planning soon, Orochimaru. ^^

Ramael

Okokokokok.

I might be on and off for a while as of yet, so once Oro's got his character written up (and we've bounced a few more ideas around him) what I might do is set up the RP thread as a setting, and then allow you guys to begin it, in whichever order/fashion you decide, Rufio will make appearances as and when he can.

Ramael

Back from a sort of on/off ongoing hiatus...no Oro? If everybody else is happy still, we may have to start without him...?

Kunoichi

Ramael

Cool. I'll wait on Kat and Vampy's confirmation before banging up an entry thread.

Vampricprincessty

Pristine Katalyst

Sorry so slow, I've been sick.

But it's all good with me. ^^

DigitLninja

which means we can start soon yay! ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Crovonovin

Hey all!  I know I'm putting my interest in SUPER late, but I was wondering if there are any more spots available in this game?  I've read everything you've got so far over and have some ideas, but I wanted to check and see if there were any specific character roles that could use filling and such.

Ramael

My bad, people. My RL has really kicked up a gear this week (which is why I've been a bit quiet in New Olympus, Shihong).

Shi, go ahead and post up a character and we'll work it in. It would be unfair of me to make these poor guys wait any longer than they have already so I'mma post an entry thread of sorts soon. At the same time, I know your writing and plot ideas are good enough not to need me to preview your character, so I'll take it on good faith that whatever you cook up will be juicy, and will get slung in with the other first posts.

Apologies again, potential Rufren Mayata-ers. Post upcoming.

Ramael

Crovonovin

Great!  I'll have something up in a little bit, and then maybe we can figure out where my little puzzle piece can fit into the grand scheme of things!

Crovonovin

Name: Lady Helena Machen
Race: Sines-Tora (God-Cursed)
Appearance:
Lady Helena is the very picture of deadly elegance, less a person and more a painting or a statue given life.  Looking at her, one could scarcely call such a woman a thing of flesh and blood.  Ivory skin free of blemishes, raven hair that remains calm and tamed even in the most blusterous winds, and sharp blue eyes that pierce the very air itself with their intensity.  Her garb is that of a noble warrior, polished metal and silken cloth dyed with muted colours.  Her clothing seems as much an extension of her own body as her arms and legs, lovingly crafted into functional works of art.  In battle she wields only a massive rapier, though it is rare that it ever clashes with another sword.
Equipment:   Besides her rapier and the clothing on her back, Lady Helena carries nothing upon her shoulders.

History:   The Sines-Tora are often considered a myth within the most densely populated areas of the world, and are mentioned only as a warning to those that would seek to use magic arrogantly.  According to legend, the Sines-Tora were once an enclave of mages hidden far to the East, burrowed deep within untouched mountains to escape the restrictions that their respective kingdoms sought to lay upon them.  Fearing persecution or death, those magic users that sought to study forbidden knowledge gathered together to share their power and tap into energies that each alone could never reach.  After countless generations it is said that they learned to wield the powers of the Gods themselves, and from that point forward used their magic to create offspring in their own image.  Outraged by what they saw as an attempt to usurp their dominance, the Gods cursed these newborn children and wrenched the souls from their bodies.  But in their arrogance the mages refused to back down, instead filling these soulless husks with their own boundless magical forces.

So it went that the mages gave their lives to these perfect children, who would go on to make children of their own without the influence or blessings of the Gods.  Though soulless, each possessed limitless magical potential and their own unique ability.  Though they cannot die from the passage of time, a violent death would result in their total destruction.  Without a spirit a dead Sines-Tora ceases to exist, its magic dispersing back into the world.

Lady Helena, like many newer generations of Sines-Tora, has spent most of her early life abroad instead of sequestering herself away with the Elders of her people.  She is constantly seeking new knowledge to absorb and memorize, hoping to find a way to gain the soul that the Gods denied her.  Among certain circles she is known as a professional Raider of Tombs, and a damn good one at that.  To others she is a fierce and unyielding hunter of magical beasts and demons.  Still more know her only as a rather extravagant looking book worm, holing herself up in moldering old libraries and pouring over tomes laden with centuries of dust.  Her true nature is not something she advertises, and most simply take her for royalty or perhaps a human with traces of elven blood rushing through her veins.  She avoids the religious and those that are spiritually attuned, hating to be seen as nothing more than an abomination or a hollow shell with a pretty face.

Personality:

When Helena sets her sights upon a goal, neither the Gods above nor the Devils below could bring to bear enough might to keep her from it.  Fiercely independent and intelligent, it is rare for her to ask for the help of others or to travel in groups.  Though diplomacy is always a preferable alternative to violence, she shows absolutely no hesitation when it comes to butchering anyone or anything that stands in her way.  She tends to come across as exceedingly cold or emotionless when in social situations, which makes it all the more surprising to witness her moments of seething rage.  She is at her happiest when underground and exploring the forgotten places of the world, and is known to smile broadly at the sight of an old bookcase. 

Powers:

Magic Siphon:  Due to the nature of her body, Helena is able to feed upon other sources of magic for sustenance.  She states that her preferred food is will 'o the wisp, though magically attuned crystals will also suffice.  Opponents that utilize magic or who are inherently magical, such as demons, angels, spirits and the like, can be drained in a similar manner, though it requires continuous physical contact.

Golem Crafting:  Each Sines-Tora possesses a magical ability that is entirely unique to them, and cannot be passed down through the generations.  In Helena's case, she wields the ability to grant Life to the Lifeless.  By piercing her rune-encrusted rapier into an inanimate object and focusing, nearly any material can be restructured in seconds to create a massive humanoid guardian ready to obey her every command.  These constructs are an extension of her will, and will single-mindedly act to protect her from harm until they are completely and utterly obliterated.  Helena is able to control three such golems and still be capable of movement.  Any more than three and she must remain perfectly still in order to keep her concentration perfectly in sync between each of the bodies.  At six the structural integrity of each golem begins to become unstable.  Seven appears to be her absolute limit, though by that point they can scarcely be called more than animated piles of junk.  During her travels she keeps one Golem active constantly, which she has named Bartholomew.  This golem is the first one she ever created, and is made out of petrified wood.  As its bindings are nigh-indestructible, it can be remade time and time again upon destruction.

Ramael

Great stuff! Just post whenever you feel ready, bearing in mind what we've already got for Rufren Mayata(that goes for the other keen postees too!)

Kunoichi

Gah. ><; Inspirational difficulties...

Pristine Katalyst

Aren't we waiting for Atanea and the ninja... Hiro, anyway?

Ramael

Well I'll hold back for a while before posting again, to let Kuno and Digi get their first posts in.

This is a nice start.
I'm having ideas of how the characters are linked, and I believe the Brimstone Burger Cartel (BBC, heh) may have to be the ones responsible for the bounty on Mayu's head, but I think Rufio knows nothing about it. I'm also thinking about a rival to the BBC, maybe a criminal group that operates outside of Atayo City, and has more effect on the outlying towns...this would provide a link to the characters out there without forcing everyone to be dragged towards Atayo.

Course, this is all speculation.

Vampy-whereabouts is Mayu?
Shi- Bartholemew's a good stealth scout then? ;-)
Kat- Your vamp getting about in the daytime. Have you already explained this to me and I forgot?!

Vampricprincessty

She  is in a valley on her way to a nearby village. I haven't thought of a name yet though. I wait until the next post for that. Anyway I figure she is maybe 20 to 25 miles from her brother.

Pristine Katalyst

Quote from: Ramael on April 01, 2010, 12:31:38 PM
Well I'll hold back for a while before posting again, to let Kuno and Digi get their first posts in.

This is a nice start.
I'm having ideas of how the characters are linked, and I believe the Brimstone Burger Cartel (BBC, heh) may have to be the ones responsible for the bounty on Mayu's head, but I think Rufio knows nothing about it. I'm also thinking about a rival to the BBC, maybe a criminal group that operates outside of Atayo City, and has more effect on the outlying towns...this would provide a link to the characters out there without forcing everyone to be dragged towards Atayo.

Course, this is all speculation.

Vampy-whereabouts is Mayu?
Kat- Your vamp getting about in the daytime. Have you already explained this to me and I forgot?!

Um... he's unconventional?

Actually, I hadn't explained it, and had planned on him NOT being able to go out at night (I had forgotten that when I posted) but now that I think about it, it would make more sense if he could go out in daylight. For one thing, he's not really a vampire... he's the product of a demon and a succubus, which is what I thought might make a vampire. That, or a succubus and a human. ANYWAY! I figured because he's born a vampire and not made one, he's got "Special privileges". He also has many shortcomings, aka: he can only survive on live human blood (since his mother feeds of human emotions, and his father would have fed on anything with flesh) and his mind control is SEVERELY limited... in fact, let's say he can only communicate mind-to-mind with a human that he's drank blood from, and only if their will is weaker than his? ummmm.... what else... any suggestions are, of course, more than welcome. xD

So, Rufio, do the BBC sort of run Atayo? If so, is it all under the table? And would it be the same for the rival group?

Also, I'm glad your waiting, I hate to leave anyone behind. Are we going to keep a strict posting order, a general posting order, or no order at all?

Ramael

General/loose posting order.

As in trying to keep the posting order, unless majority demands/unreasonable absence/absentees consent, I'm sure you know the deal.

That's cool about your vamp, maybe this gives him more plot, as in questioning his heritance and how he is what he is? An interesting anomaly, and one that's given me an idea for the BBC and their rivals' ultimate goals, and one that also ties in some smut. ;)

Demon/hybrid breeding.

Discuss?

The BBC run some things in Atayo, and mostly under the table, yes.

I was gonna go ahead and create their rivals completely off my own back, but keeping with the theme of player creation of Rufren Mayata, I'll put it out to you guys as well. Any ideas? Anything you'd like to see from a rival criminal group, any interesting themes you can think of, any other ulterior motives, any ties to other player characters? Anything at all, I'm all ears. :)

Pristine Katalyst

My first thought on demon breeding is that they breed very similar to humans, but much less often.
Reason 1) most of the time they are very humanoid in form, so I would think they'd be related in nature as well.
Reason 2) (this is the biggie) if demons bred often or had more than one or two offspring at a time on a regular basis, the world would quickly be overrun with demons. What with how long-lived they are and whatnot, I'd say a demon probably only breeds for offspring twice in it's life, or else they try often and it only actually takes on rare occasions.

As for hybrids, I would say it depends completely on what the hybrid is.

The criminal groups: I had an idea. What if.... what if the rival group was MUCH more evil than the other group? What if their main goal in all of this is to get rid of anything that could be a big threat (I was thinking bounties put under the table on BBC members, or anyone else influential, maybe even Rufio) and try to take Atayo for themselves, since it's one of the nicer cities in Rufren Mayata? Perhaps the BBC has to sort of bully some of our characters (perhaps even all) into helping them keep the city from the rival group?

This would be a long-in-coming idea, of course, so we could really take our time planing it out. It's a bit cliche, as well... but I just liked it because it would eventually get all of our characters on one side of an issue, fighting together, companionship, whatever. Of course, that's not to say that a character couldn't choose the other side, either because of their own reasons, or because they were misled, or whatever. If they were misled, it would be cool if they figured it out eventually ad had to come crawling back begging forgiveness. lmao

ummmm. That's all I got currently. xD

Crovonovin

Quote from: Ramael on April 01, 2010, 12:31:38 PM

He's a bit of a big boy, but quiet when he wants to be!  Also pretty good at posing as a pile of junk, as I already suggested.  Though Helena is able to make golems out of whatever material she desires, and could conceivably make one small enough to prove useful for scouting. 

I'm not exactly certain how I weave her into the narrative you all have already spent so much time setting up, but I figured I would at least get her right into interacting with someone else instead of staying off to the side without a clue.  If anyone has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Pristine Katalyst

Quote from: Shihong on April 03, 2010, 03:09:00 PM
He's a bit of a big boy, but quiet when he wants to be!  Also pretty good at posing as a pile of junk, as I already suggested.  Though Helena is able to make golems out of whatever material she desires, and could conceivably make one small enough to prove useful for scouting. 

I'm not exactly certain how I weave her into the narrative you all have already spent so much time setting up, but I figured I would at least get her right into interacting with someone else instead of staying off to the side without a clue.  If anyone has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I'm honored you picked Toren to interact with. ^^

I'll get back to you about ideas though.... I'm gonna have to think about that a little.

Ramael

Quote from: Shihong on April 03, 2010, 03:09:00 PM

I couldn't think a better way to approach the story than how you did, Shi. Already we have characters mingling and relationships affecting plot, excellent.

I'm just tugging your ankle.

Anyway, it's good. It marks her out as a landscape of her own, and I was quite interested as to the townsfolk being semi-accustomed to it already.

Curioser and curioser!

Kat- What you said about breeding I can feed off, being that demon spawning is quite rare, there is all the more reason for an oppurtunist body to group them and try to milk what they can off the "resources" they have acquired.

Which brings me onto my next subject-your idea for the rival group (still without a name? Any ideas? Let's brainstorm!) sounds 90% as to what I had in mind. This other organisation could be one that holds important ties all the way up to the top of Atayo's judiciary system, and for reasons that are all becoming prevalent in the current plot (maliciously placed bounties, for example,) the players are becoming aware of this conniving organisation and slowly becoming alert to its intents.

Maybe, much later on in the game, I could get players to be part of that organisation.

In other news, having PM'd Kuno, I'll post tomorrow and resume the posting order if she doesn't beat me to it.
;D

Ramael

I've gone ahead after chatting a bit with Kuno, she may get involved later on.

I'm a bit burnt out-think my post may reflect that somewhat!

Kunoichi

Yeah, I've basically been completely burnt-out myself, lately. ><; No inspiration, no real desire to post, nothing...

Pristine Katalyst

Who hasn't been there? lol I go through it often... but usually I pull myself out of it by just lazing back for a week and only answering any RPs I have plenty of muse for. ^^ Dunno if that will help you any.

I'm really glad you could use my thought on demons and their young, Ramael. xD

Pristine Katalyst

Quote from: Pristine Katalyst on April 03, 2010, 05:38:16 PM
I'm honored you picked Toren to interact with. ^^

I'll get back to you about ideas though.... I'm gonna have to think about that a little.

Shihong, I have ideas!!!

Okay, mostly one: How do you feel about Helena being privy to the knowledge of who places bounties and whatnot... or, in this case, who else would know how to trace the bounty? To put it simply, how do you (and Ramael) feel about Helena and Rufio either knowing each other, or Helena at least knowing of Rufio? That way Helena could either point Toren in that direction (Atayo city), or even offer to take him there. ^^

Er, I guess it was all I could think of at the moment, mostly to give Toren a next step forward in helping Mayu. lolz. Don't be afraid to shoot it down for whatever reason. xD

Crovonovin

That would probably be the most fluid way of weaving her into the plot.  Helena and Bartholomew aren't exactly inconspicuous, and would probably be known by quite a few people who like to keep tabs on particularly strange travelers.  As she holds information in very high regard, it would stand to reason that she would be able to divulge Rufio's likeliest whereabouts to see if the bounty on Maya could be repealed or discussed.

If you'd like them to be more than just passing acquaintances, like old chums of a sort, let me know and we can work something out!  Considering how far and wide she travels, not to mention the sort of artifacts she traffics in, it's not an exaggeration to say that Helena is known by a great deal of influential people.

Pristine Katalyst

Sorry to interrupt the flow of conversation here, but Shihong, where the heck do I know that avatar from? Maybe it's my imagination... but I'd like to know if it is or isn't. >.>' I could swear I've seen it somewhere...

Crovonovin

I just found the original picture on deviantart.  As far as I know that's the only place it's from.

Pristine Katalyst

Ramael

--Newsflash--

Unfortunately for my E! life, my RL is most definately picking up this week, what with a wedding to go to and working abroad for a couple of weeks. I won't be posting again until the 24th of April, so y'all have fun while I'm gone.

Seriously, please do keep Rufren Mayata going, I'd love to see what you guys come up with whilst I'm away. I don't think any of you will need to use Rufio for anything, but if you do, use your best judgement-I trust pretty much all of you.

If any disputes arise...uh...ask Kat. She's been most active with ideas and postings so far so she gets second-in-command position :) *salutes*

Have fun, now.

Oh, one last plot thing, you'll notice Rufio mentioned the "Oligarchy"-this is the rival criminal group operating just outside of Atayo. Feel free to do whatever you'd like with this group (even expand the name?) as long as you all agree and it makes the plot super-wicked-cool.

Pristine Katalyst

Me?!

Uh, okay. lolz. I'll try to be a good second and keep things going until you get back, Ramael. ^^ I'm honored (and a little scared). ^^"

Vampricprincessty

I think I am going to wait a little longer until someone else posts. Unless its ok for me to reply to Digi now?

Pristine Katalyst

We're waiting on Shihong, Princess. I've sent her a PM and she said she would be posting, so let's give her until the end of the week and I'll PM her again to make sure she's still planning on replying ASAP. ^^

Crovonovin

Pristine Katalyst

The move that was supposed to happen at the end of May is now happening this week, so I'm going to be packing like crazy for the next week. Please feel free to play on without me, and I apologize for making everyone wait. I should be back in action in a couple weeks, after my house is inspected. ^^

Orochimaru

I have a profile ready. If you still need me. Sorry it took so long. real life and schools been kicking me severly in my ass.

Vampricprincessty

Orochimaru

I see my favorite vampiress wants me in. lol

Vampricprincessty

Orochimaru

Name: Cromos

Race: Raven Demon

Appearance:

History: One of the Raven demons that can transform into large ravens. Cromos is one of thee most powerful in his race. They are also few in number so they do not venture far. Cromos himself grew up under harsh conditions and the threat of survival for his race came when the thunder demons wanted their island. Their race fights mainly with razor pointed beaks and mighty talons. They never fight in human form. They are weak against wind magic and bows.

Personality: Calm and sarcastic, but has a soft, tender and resposible side. A real puzzle to those who know him or just met him.

Powers:
Formshift- Allows for him to change into a large raven at will.

Vortex- Can only be used in shifted form. When the wings are flapped to create a small tornado. This draining ability can only be used twice.

Malestrom-Can only be used in shifted form and out at sea. Using the vortex created from his wings to create a large, thrashing whirlpool.

Shreik-Can only be used in shifted form. Sound waves generated from the gaping mouth stuns opponents fr a few seconds. Normally it is used as a defense. Rarely used and can be used only once a day.

Alignment: He does not trust anyone or anything other then his own kind.

Pristine Katalyst

Cool beans, Orochimaru. How do you plan to have him play into our little world? If you would, please (if you haven't already that is) go back and read our ideas and the plan we have for our individual characters and let us know where you'd like Cromos to play into the whole thing. ^^ You're welcome to add yourself to the slightly mangled posting order as soon as you've got an inkling of where to place your character. xD If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than willing to try and help bounce ideas... as would everyone else in this game, I do believe. ^^

Orochimaru

I am sure I could find some way of getting myself in there. I will keep it in mind though, thanks.

Vampricprincessty

Pristine Katalyst

Well, Oro, if you share with the class, maybe we can think of ways our characters can be involved with your character as well. ^^

Ramael

*Tumbles back into thread*

Ahoy. I'm back. Like what you've done with the place, Kat.

Oro, nice to have you on board :) And yeah, like Kat says, does Cromos know anything about the goings on of Rufren? Where does he stand on the various factions (if at all?) Has he ever been to Atayo? Where does he live currently? Once you've thought about that, get stuck in wherever you fancy.

I should bang up an IC post soon. Kat, how'd the move go?
Shi, I enjoy your pulling of strings.
Vampy, has your ninja-in-shining armour turned up to save you from another swathe of carnage yet?!

Orochimaru

Quote from: Ramael on April 26, 2010, 07:08:44 PM
*Tumbles back into thread*

Ahoy. I'm back. Like what you've done with the place, Kat.

Oro, nice to have you on board :) And yeah, like Kat says, does Cromos know anything about the goings on of Rufren? Where does he stand on the various factions (if at all?) Has he ever been to Atayo? Where does he live currently? Once you've thought about that, get stuck in wherever you fancy.

Shi, I enjoy your pulling of strings.
Vampy, has your ninja-in-shining armour turned up to save you from another swathe of carnage yet?!

Do not worry, I am bidding my time. =3 *evil smirk* I left it open as I did to give me time to read the posts and think of a way. I kinda want to make an entrance too.

Vampricprincessty

No his has not but he is somewhere close by.  :P

Pristine Katalyst

Sorry I still haven't posted. My stuff is all moved up to NH, but since I live on a airforce base, we're having to clean the house from asshole to appetite, ever single nook and cranny, and fix any possible thing that you could think of to fix, as well as keep up on yardwork, before I leave. Plus all the friends I've made here are trying to spend time with me before I leave... so yeah. I wish I had known this move was coming when I joined the thread, I would have refrained from posting altogether until this was all taken care of. I'm hoping to be able to start roleplaying on a regular basis by the third week in May, and if I'm lucky I'll get a post in before then. Apologies for making anyone wait for me! -bows repeatedly-

Ramael

No probs. I was just cursing myself for my post, actually, I was intending for Rufio to go outside of Atayo in search of yourselves, but Shi's latest post inferring her and your char's venture to Atayo made me stay where I was and write up another filler/character expo post. I was a little worried that Rufio's not making enough effort to interact with you guys, but I think it's being solved now.

If Shi and I decide one way or the other, would you have any problems with Toren going with Helena whilst you are away OOC'ly? It might not come to that, but just in case Rufio stays where he is and Shi would prefer to go to Atayo. It depends on where the actions going, and by the looks of it, its outside of Atayo for the moment (factoring in Vampy and Digi's encounter as well, I'm thinking Sasha directs Rufio's attention to a band of valuable/vulnerable half-breeds, aka, most of you!).

Good luck with everything!

Pristine Katalyst

That's fine with me. That's what it was looking like was going to happen anyway. ^^

Thanks for the luck. We're cleaning the house, bit by bit, and I'll be making the drive from SC to NH next week, so hopefully not too long after that I'll be active again. ^^

Crovonovin

So, in the fear that this game is stalling for a bit too long, should we go ahead with the plan to move Helena and Toren to the city until Pristine is able to post again?  Or should I think about the possibility of creating another character to keep things moving?

Ramael

Yeah, do it, Shi.

I had almost forgotten about this myself.

If we get the game up and running again, I'll make a seperate OOC thread (so we stop cluttering up the Interest Check forum) and a character thread as well.

Guess this was a good bump, though, we can do a head check see who's still game.

Vampricprincessty

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

Our returned roster then, is Lady Helena, Rufio, Hero and Mayu.

I have pm'd Kat, our RP can go on without her, but be a shame to lose a good character for plot.

I'll leave this here in order to maybe generate some interest from new players (orochimaru as well?) to fill those we've lost.

So-Rufren Mayata is open to new interest!

In terms of the RP itself, I believe it's someone else's turn to post...once (or if!) it's back on it's feet, I'll post up the appropriate OOC and character threads.

Orochimaru

DigitLninja

I am capable of responding to Vampricprincessty's last post if you would like me to.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

Please go on without me for now, and I apologize for entering this RP and then holding it up so badly. As I responded in PM to Ramael, I might possibly have internet Sunday (I'm at McDonalds currently) and I have a lot to do currently. I'm hoping and praying to get the time to catch up and reply to RPs next week, but my luck in that area has been bad so far.

Again, I am sincerely sorry, and I hope my characters slowness has not made anyone else lose interest in this game.

Ramael

No worries, Kat!

You take your time and do what you need to do. Everyone appreciates Real Life is more important than E.

Oro,Digi,Vampy, feel free to post in your own time. We'll see if Shihong returns as well.

Crovonovin

Still here!  Just preoccupied with other plots at the moment.