Comply with my demands! [Rifts, Solo/Small NC/Bondage, mostly-human]

Started by kongming, November 06, 2008, 03:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

The best way to get a response is to grab people's attention - a person should try to make loud, dividing statements. Now, I'm not claiming to be at Stalin's level, shooting people who disagree with me and yet more than doubling the average lifespan of women and ushering in an Industrial revolution, however I try my best.

So therefore, COMPLY WITH MY DEMANDS!

I'd like to play a Rifts game. I know the system is difficult at best, and that it's an example of everything wrong with kitchen sink fantasy, but by the same token it's fun and is also an example of everything right with kitchen sink fantasy. Once you stop being halfway believable and moderate, you no longer need to constrain yourself to that measure, as the only thing people will measure you by is how AWESOME you are. Seriously. The very moment you have elves, giant robots and people that, through the power of magical combat drugs, can take a ballistic missile to the face and keep fighting, the next step is to add Dinoriders.

So yes. We're not looking at a compelling storyline here, it'd mostly be character driven. You know, missions given out, people do stuff, other people react, things get said then Auntie Pattie falls in the soup. Or something. Anyway, the idea is it'd probably be light-hearted fun for the most part.

I don't mind if it's a solo ALL ABOUT ME or if there's a small group of players. Ideally, the GM would understand that "awesome" is the best scale of measurement for this, and try to make awesome things happen. At least a hundred years ago, I played in a game on RPoL that is somewhat what I have in mind here. I went on a break long before the new rules of RPoL, so I have no idea how it all turned out (knowing the history of Rifts games on RPoL, they all killed each other off and the GM just gave up). We went to one of the intergalactic shopping centres, got to fly a spaceship, fought a few things, had a few sexual encounters... and the party ranged from a brightly coloured faerie, a mutant walrus ("lol, SDC") and a frigging Lizard-Mage with all of their "MY NUMBERS ARE HUGE!"

And it worked.

So that's vaguely what I'm after. Lot's of awesome, some good fun, a GM who doesn't worry about how crazy the numbers and/or abilities get and can just roll with it (the less combat, the easier this is), the occasional fight even if it's horribly one-sided just to remind everyone that the players are fantastic, and plenty of sexiness.

Reminders: I like girls, not guys. Also, light bondage and pain are very wonderful things. Hint hint.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515