(Closed) Mercedes Thompson Universe RP: Portland-OR

Started by Diablerie, August 12, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haloriel

Quote from: Kuje on September 20, 2011, 08:10:47 PM
Nods. I might have missed something, and I could have since I have the alpha/omega books in my to be read stacks, but I don't recall any wizard type characters being talked about/used in any of the Mercy novels. But as I said, I could have overlooked them or maybe they're in the alpha/omega novels. So, I'm not really sure what powers the wizards have except for the brief char info that was posted way back when we started. But a wizard works for me just as much.

The wizard stuff on the first page is directly from Patti's Forums, however - there is not much beyond that - so it would be ... in a large degree your own creation! :D

Kuje

Quote from: Haloriel on September 20, 2011, 08:27:54 PM
The wizard stuff on the first page is directly from Patti's Forums, however - there is not much beyond that - so it would be ... in a large degree your own creation! :D

Ah, so that's why it doesn't ring any bells since they really haven't been used much in the novels. Okies. Knifty, that sounds pretty nice then.

Haloriel

Kuje

Name: Tanith

Appearance: (see pic. )

Personality: Originally she was content and enjoyed life but being trapped in Faerie for who knows how many decades or centuries, she saw many things that the fey did to each other and to humans that were either taken or found their way into Faerie. Being a pet, basically, to the fey that was her owner, her contentment and enjoyment of life was beaten out of her and she has scars from knives, whips, and other instruments of torture on all parts of her body to prove it. Her owner never marked her face, neck, or hands though. As she learned how to use more and more of her powers, she grew less timid and now she's not as afraid of anyone who wants to harm her except when she is around fey. Tanith does not hesitate to mouth off or harm anyone that she feels is insulting her or wanting to harm her or even when the mood strikes her to do so.

Race and Powers: Wizard. A natural control over the elements but with a stronger focus on using fire but she can use the other elements but not as strongly. Plus some skill in sex magick due to being tutored in that type of magick by her fey owner.

Important position (If you have one within your race):

Brief History: Born centuries ago on one of the Celtic islands after the Roman's had invaded and controlled the islands. While out gathering herbs for a spell to help her minor, but growing, powers, she accidentally stepped into a ring of mushrooms and found herself transported to Faerie. While being held captive, basically, her fey owner tutored her in how to use her powers because he wanted to use her power against other fey and to protect his court. Not only did he use her power but she was also one of his mistresses, so he used her body when he wanted to make sure that she knew that she existed only because he wanted her to exist but he also used her when he wanted her to create spells using sex magick since she could focus some of their energy during sex.

When around other fey, she tries to hide how she wants to submit to them because she has had decades to learn that she is only a human play thing for any powerful fey and even if she mouths off or tries to have an attitude around them, her torment by her fey owner is burned into her psyche.

Her black cat was a gift from her owner and originally it was used as another way to control her but surprisingly, the two have become close companions. Secretly, Tanith had devised a spell that allows her to communicate with Cath, using it as her familiar.

Diablerie

Kokaine

Haha... hope the Queen never runs across her... One of the Red Queen's hidden talents would make Tanith irresistible to her. O:)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Haloriel

Kuje

Thanks. Yea, I saw that pic earlier and that got my muse going, making me want to write a character using the pic.

rocknrolla

(First and foremost - thanks to lovely Haloriel for all her help with the format and the class explanation. Thanks to lovely Idariel as well, for inspiring me enough to work on this!)

"You've been drinkin' my blood, and I've been licking your wounds...

... I'll shave off the pitch now, to the scope of your tune."

True Name
Abu Laqaf Dani’aal

Name: Lucky Danielson

Appears: 32

True Age
861 years old

Musical Inspiration:

Airbourne ~ Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
Metallica ~ The Thing That Should Not Be
Monster Magnet ~ Space Lord
Metallica ~ Wherever I May Roam
Aerosmith/Run DMC ~ Walk This Way
Megadeath ~ Holy War... the Punishment Due

Appearance: (Made some changes to his outlook and appearance throughout the years as evident through the pictures)

Race and Powers: Vampire

Flash Bolt: Lucky can ‘flash’ to short distances in quick succession, he served as a Saracen blade master during the Crusades, intermingled with his vampire self the creature can be deadly with a blade. He keeps a short sword on his self at all times.

Trick N’ Time: The man’s existence is governed by gambits and tricks – he enjoys making deals for things he cannot get otherwise with people he would not fight. He is sly and extremely diplomatic.

Memory Altering: On account of his age, wisdom and experience the vampire is capable of changing the occurance of an event in the victim’s mind.

Flight: Lucky is capable of flying and flashing from one place to another, but to do it constantly is a huge drain on the vampire’s resources.

Important Position: Head and Chairman of the Conglomerate “Needful Things” in Manchester, England. A hub and safe haven for species of all types that are offered harbour in exchange for services rendered, whose front is excavating artefacts, oil drilling and ship breaking/dry docking facilities all over Europe and Africa

History:

Sent as an attaché to his envoy, Saladin – Nuruddin also tasked Dani’aal with defensive manoeuvres and guarding the diplomat should anything go awry. As history had it, Saladin ended up controlling Egypt before the Crusading wars and Dani’aal was right at his side through thick and thin.

Laqaf learnt the way of sword at a young age of fourteen; when conscriptions were made he brought his best foot forward to be made part of the Turkish auxiliary that would chase the foreigners out of land. He proved himself to Nuruddin, his former Master by coming to his Captain’s aid when they were cut off from the rest of the army – and later on to Saladin, who barely survived a Heshashin (assassin) assault whilst laying siege to the former Egyptian territories who would not promise allegiance to him.

From the battle of Jacob’s Ford till the siege of Jerusalem, Dani’aal arose in rank and if it wasn’t for his abduction at the night of the victory, the man – like all his equals – would have ceased to exist. But hell had a special place for men like him and the atrocities he committed during war. He was abducted a few miles outside Jerusalem by a Templar contingent. Closer look and three nights spent in their midst proved they were more than just knights. He was used as vessel night after another, drained to reveal what they already knew, but she had mercy over him in their absence as he laid awaiting his death. Fed and nourished, she was his angel with fangs and bleeding eyes... until the next morning when the search party arrived that killed her and his captives.

As history wrote of new victors and the defeated, Dani’aal struggled to survive until he came upon more Templars who arrested him on sight, being similar creatures as Dani’aal they refused to part with him ‘lest he carry the ‘gift’ back to Saladin, and change the tide of war. The man was taken all the way across Europe where he lived in their captivity for decades until the order was disbanded, and the remainder of their units ‘purged’.

Dani’aal was a free man – for years he fed and lived by his lonesomeness until the man wished for a coven like the Seethes that were sprouting in the region. So one after another he shared his curse with people and made them a part of himself, until he got caught up in the politics and lost his coven, this is where he disappeared in history only to emerge a couple hundred years later during the American revolutionary wars.

Part of the Hessian contingent, once more Dani’aal – now known as Danielson – found himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Defeated, he returned back to the Britain and attempted to begin a coven once again. This time the man made sure not to get involved in any political struggle until the Industrial Age began, and being a man who valued readiness now, he made full use of the new era, and ended up making his business what it is today.

For the last few years he has found himself in America once more in search of an artefact that may remove the curse he suffers from. Back home his coven thinks he is in search of something truly magnificent, but Lucky knows enough is enough – thus the vampire’s search brings him to present day Portland.

People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Kokaine

Oded... *has distinctly un-ladylike thoughts* Oh my... so yummy *fans self*
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Diablerie

Quote from: rocknrolla on September 24, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
(First and foremost - thanks to lovely Haloriel for all her help with the format and the class explanation. Thanks to lovely Idariel as well, for inspiring me enough to work on this!)

"You've been drinkin' my blood, and I've been licking your wounds...

... I'll shave off the pitch now, to the scope of your tune."

True Name
Abu Laqaf Dani’aal

Name: Lucky Danielson

Appears: 32

True Age
861 years old

Musical Inspiration:

Airbourne ~ Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
Metallica ~ The Thing That Should Not Be
Monster Magnet ~ Space Lord
Metallica ~ Wherever I May Roam
Aerosmith/Run DMC ~ Walk This Way
Megadeath ~ Holy War... the Punishment Due

Appearance: (Made some changes to his outlook and appearance throughout the years as evident through the pictures)

Race and Powers: Vampire

Flash Bolt: Lucky can ‘flash’ to short distances in quick succession, he served as a Saracen blade master during the Crusades, intermingled with his vampire self the creature can be deadly with a blade. He keeps a short sword on his self at all times.

Trick N’ Time: The man’s existence is governed by gambits and tricks – he enjoys making deals for things he cannot get otherwise with people he would not fight. He is sly and extremely diplomatic.

Memory Altering: On account of his age, wisdom and experience the vampire is capable of changing the occurance of an event in the victim’s mind.

Flight: Lucky is capable of flying and flashing from one place to another, but to do it constantly is a huge drain on the vampire’s resources.

Important Position: Head and Chairman of the Conglomerate “Needful Things” in Manchester, England. A hub and safe haven for species of all types that are offered harbour in exchange for services rendered, whose front is excavating artefacts, oil drilling and ship breaking/dry docking facilities all over Europe and Africa

History:

Sent as an attaché to his envoy, Saladin – Nuruddin also tasked Dani’aal with defensive manoeuvres and guarding the diplomat should anything go awry. As history had it, Saladin ended up controlling Egypt before the Crusading wars and Dani’aal was right at his side through thick and thin.

Laqaf learnt the way of sword at a young age of fourteen; when conscriptions were made he brought his best foot forward to be made part of the Turkish auxiliary that would chase the foreigners out of land. He proved himself to Nuruddin, his former Master by coming to his Captain’s aid when they were cut off from the rest of the army – and later on to Saladin, who barely survived a Heshashin (assassin) assault whilst laying siege to the former Egyptian territories who would not promise allegiance to him.

From the battle of Jacob’s Ford till the siege of Jerusalem, Dani’aal arose in rank and if it wasn’t for his abduction at the night of the victory, the man – like all his equals – would have ceased to exist. But hell had a special place for men like him and the atrocities he committed during war. He was abducted a few miles outside Jerusalem by a Templar contingent. Closer look and three nights spent in their midst proved they were more than just knights. He was used as vessel night after another, drained to reveal what they already knew, but she had mercy over him in their absence as he laid awaiting his death. Fed and nourished, she was his angel with fangs and bleeding eyes... until the next morning when the search party arrived that killed her and his captives.

As history wrote of new victors and the defeated, Dani’aal struggled to survive until he came upon more Templars who arrested him on sight, being similar creatures as Dani’aal they refused to part with him ‘lest he carry the ‘gift’ back to Saladin, and change the tide of war. The man was taken all the way across Europe where he lived in their captivity for decades until the order was disbanded, and the remainder of their units ‘purged’.

Dani’aal was a free man – for years he fed and lived by his lonesomeness until the man wished for a coven like the Seethes that were sprouting in the region. So one after another he shared his curse with people and made them a part of himself, until he got caught up in the politics and lost his coven, this is where he disappeared in history only to emerge a couple hundred years later during the American revolutionary wars.

Part of the Hessian contingent, once more Dani’aal – now known as Danielson – found himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Defeated, he returned back to the Britain and attempted to begin a coven once again. This time the man made sure not to get involved in any political struggle until the Industrial Age began, and being a man who valued readiness now, he made full use of the new era, and ended up making his business what it is today.

For the last few years he has found himself in America once more in search of an artefact that may remove the curse he suffers from. Back home his coven thinks he is in search of something truly magnificent, but Lucky knows enough is enough – thus the vampire’s search brings him to present day Portland.

Approved! ^_^

Haloriel

Oh oh ... Oh.  I adore that man.  :D <3 <3 <3

I won't even pretend my thoughts are remotely lady like. :D

Caela

You guys keep making more yummy mens!!! Had to make another girl myself to keep up! Heheheh...yes I AM greedy! Hekate, let me know what you think...she is totally tweakable!

Name: Morgana Nimue Elaine Blake

Race: 3/4 Fae
            Powers: She sees the truth, very little glamour, fae or vampire, works on her without her consent and lying to her is nearly impossible. Even the half truths that many older Fae delight in ring as false in her ears, not that she bothers telling them that, sometimes you can learn as much from what people are trying not to tell you as from what they actually say. She has an affinity for fire and while she can't call it into being, if it is there it is her's to control as she wills and won't burn her flesh.

Important Position: None

History: Born to a 1/2 Fae mother (who clearly had a soft spot for Arthurian legend) and a full Fae (though lesser, not noble Fae) Father, she grew up on one of the Fae Reservations. She grew up around children like herself, children with gifts and powers similar to her own. She never had the sense of not belonging but was instead fairly popular in their small town. She was raised with an abiding sense of who and what she was, and what she is, is Fae. She doesn't consider her human blood as much of a part of herself beyond the facts that it ground her into the human world and, according to the doctors on the Fae Reservation, it has made her more fertile than most full Fae. A fact that she likes knowing but now one she worries herself with at the moment, and doesn't plan to for a long time.

When she reached 18 she used her status as part-Fae, and the excellent grades she'd always managed in school despite seeming to be a bit of a party girl, to earn a scholarship to Yale Law. She specialized in contract law and arbitration and when she graduated in the top two percent of her class she took a job with a small, but prestigious, law firm in the Portland area and never even thought of looking back to her reservation though she does have a portion of her pay set aside and donated to her old school every year.

She's been in Portland for only a couple of years and has enjoyed the city immensely. She resides in her own townhouse and blends in with the human population. While she feels drawn to Diana's Refuge, able to clearly see it for the haven it is, she has also avoided it, not wanting to get involved in the Fae politics that she know surround the place. How not when it's owned by a Fae Lord?

Now though her curiosity is getting the better of her and she knows she'll have to step foot past those doors soon or have that curiosity drive her mad.

Haloriel

Hehe, I like her. :D  ~chuckles softly~  Very nice to have more good Fae.  Edit: Breckenridge will find her name ... either amusing, or it will annoy him. :D

Caela

Quote from: Haloriel on September 24, 2011, 08:54:19 PM
Hehe, I like her. :D  ~chuckles softly~  Very nice to have more good Fae.

lol...She's young, she hasn't had centuries, yet, to become jaded, bored, and arrogant. Plus she was raised in the human world, even if it was on a Fae reservation and while she might carry a bit of noble Fae blood on her mother's side...most of her Fae heritage is from her father who wasn't a noble so she wasn't taught that arrogance from birth either. :D

I wanted her drawn to them, but different too.

Haloriel

Callie Del Noire

I like her.. of course I don't see anything Diana has to offer. She's not established as the older Fae or even interested in building a power base per se.. I WANT to interact with her but I don't see how to do it.

Caela

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 24, 2011, 09:09:30 PM
I like her.. of course I don't see anything Diana has to offer. She's not established as the older Fae or even interested in building a power base per se.. I WANT to interact with her but I don't see how to do it.

There a reason Diana couldn't just be curious? After all she's been imprisoned for how long and now, here's this Fae child, raised in a strange land with strange ways....odd to say the least, and certainly something new. Morgana would certainly appreciate a friend whose not entirely embroiled in all the politics she's specifically stayed away from the Refuge to avoid.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caela on September 24, 2011, 09:14:11 PM
There a reason Diana couldn't just be curious? After all she's been imprisoned for how long and now, here's this Fae child, raised in a strange land with strange ways....odd to say the least, and certainly something new. Morgana would certainly appreciate a friend whose not entirely embroiled in all the politics she's specifically stayed away from the Refuge to avoid.

Well shes' about to wander off and get into trouble, and given your character's role as a 'lawyer' she might know Diana from contact negotiations. Or she simply feels the power that Diana has been invoking over the last few hours.

Caela

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 24, 2011, 09:18:23 PM
Well shes' about to wander off and get into trouble, and given your character's role as a 'lawyer' she might know Diana from contact negotiations. Or she simply feels the power that Diana has been invoking over the last few hours.

Actually I like that idea. Her feeling all that power, sensing the direction it's coming from. As close as we are to wrapping up Day One though, I think that power surge will be what finalizes the decision in her mind and she will be at the Refuge the evening of Day Two.

Well if Hekate likes her too that is!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caela on September 24, 2011, 09:21:43 PM
Actually I like that idea. Her feeling all that power, sensing the direction it's coming from. As close as we are to wrapping up Day One though, I think that power surge will be what finalizes the decision in her mind and she will be at the Refuge the evening of Day Two.

Well if Hekate likes her too that is!

Well I'm sure that she could follow the 'scent' of power if she was curious. Diana is on the hunt, odds are she won't sleep and will be stalking thoughout the town trying to get a feel for a city like Portland and find the trail of the rogue. See where he's been and get an idea of his patterns.

Caela

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 24, 2011, 09:32:40 PM
Well I'm sure that she could follow the 'scent' of power if she was curious. Diana is on the hunt, odds are she won't sleep and will be stalking thoughout the town trying to get a feel for a city like Portland and find the trail of the rogue. See where he's been and get an idea of his patterns.

Hmmmm, she could come across Morgana on her hunt. Could have her placed somewhere Diana comes across her. A park, holding communion with sprites or something. Diana's path could cross her. Perhaps Diana could feel a pulse of Morgana's power and check it out while hunting for the Rogue?

If Hekate approves her, I'll start her in the Forest Park thread, having a little bonfire, playing with her powers on a lovely night, enjoying the pulse of power from everything Diana is doing at the Refuge. :D If Diana is hunting a Rogue werewolf, the Park seems like a logical place for her to end up eventually and for them to cross paths.

Kuje

Oh man Caela, if she was in the park the night Tanith ripped a hole from Underhill to the park, that had to be very interesting to experience.

Caela

Quote from: Kuje on September 24, 2011, 11:15:26 PM
Oh man Caela, if she was in the park the night Tanith ripped a hole from Underhill to the park, that had to be very interesting to experience.

She'd have felt it, but she's not going to know what it is other than a massive power surge!

rocknrolla

Quote from: Kokaine on September 24, 2011, 04:54:59 PM
Oded... *has distinctly un-ladylike thoughts* Oh my... so yummy *fans self*

Fishy, fishy, fishy... ~Pokes the aquarium~ XD

Quote from: Haloriel on September 24, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Oh oh ... Oh.  I adore that man.  :D <3 <3 <3

I won't even pretend my thoughts are remotely lady like. :D

Hehehe... I'm glad you like!

Quote from: Caela on September 24, 2011, 08:37:48 PM
You guys keep making more yummy mens!!! Had to make another girl myself to keep up! Heheheh...yes I AM greedy! Hekate, let me know what you think...she is totally tweakable!

You're looking for people to play with her?!?!?!

Mr. Danielson is well gutted!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)