El Text Editor problems

Started by Nowherewoman, December 29, 2015, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Terego

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 04, 2016, 12:00:15 PM
I haven't had a chance yet to tweak Ssieth's script settings, ot see if that's part of the issue, but that's on the to-do list for today or tomorrow.

That would be the first thing I would suspect.  Sorry for missing it before.
Try disabling "drafts"

Al Terego

Sorry, time-sensitive postings :)

Seems like the drafts are not aware of the WYSIWYG status of the edit box.

Nowherewoman

Success!  Turning of auto-load draft in the script settings has killed that one issue, at least...

and, based on a quick test, at least, having WYSIWYG turned off also fixes the cut'n paste issues!  Woot!  Thanks guys. Time will tell if this is a full fix, but at least I'm far more functional now.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Al Terego

AmberStarfire

That's great to hear. :) Sorry for not thinking of the script.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: AmberStarfire on January 04, 2016, 12:22:39 PM
That's great to hear. :) Sorry for not thinking of the script.

It didn't occur to me, either, since it causes no issues so long as WYSWYG is turned on. For me, at least.

I've dropped the cabbit a PM, it may be something she can fix easily, being all genius an' stuff ;D
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Lrrr

I know this thread is old, but I just changed over from Firefox to Chrome for various reasons and I'm running into the same issues originally reported by Nowherewoman.

I've turned off the check box for displaying the WYSIWYG editor by default with no joy forthcoming.  I must confess I haven't been able to find out where I access the script settings mentioned as part of the solution.

I have worked out a sequence of editing steps to arrive at the correct wording and formatting of the final post, but it involves a lot of extra work as mentioned by the OP including two save/modify iterations that temporarily display mangled versions of the post as I scramble to perform the necessary editing for each particular iteration in the fix.

Any help appreciated - especially if someone can tell me which, if any, scripts are automatically run by E.  I haven't explicitly installed anything, or at least I don't remember installing anything.

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

Vekseid

Could you give more detail as to what you do when you make your post?

I'm not having any issues with WYSIWIG off in Chrome...

Vekseid

You still ha the WYSIWIG enabled, turned it off for you. >_>

Lrrr

Hi Veks.

Yes, earlier today I turned off the WYSIWYG editor and tried some things, then turned it back on.  That's why it was on when you looked later on.

The issues show up before I click on Post.  In fact, they show up before I click on Preview which I usually do four or five times for editing before I actually Post.

Right now, the WYSIWYG editor is off as you left it.  One immediate problem is that I can't expand the editing window by clicking and dragging either the small horizontal line feature in the center of the lower border or the small parallel angled lines in the lower-right under the scroll bar (the standard window sizing controls).  From previous experience I do know that happens whenever I turn off the WYSIWYG editor, so there's a data point.

But amazingly, at least for me, the other problems are now gone although I would have sworn things were still acting up earlier this afternoon when I had the WYSIWYG editor turned off.

For now, I can live with the non-resizing editor window by writing in Notepad or whatever and pasting the results here.  Give me a day or two to thrash things around and see if going non-WYSIWYG solves the other problems.  I'll post again either way so you know where things stand.

Thanks again for the help!   :-)

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

NightLux

Quote from: Lrrr on August 29, 2017, 06:59:48 PM
Hi Veks.

Yes, earlier today I turned off the WYSIWYG editor and tried some things, then turned it back on.  That's why it was on when you looked later on.

The issues show up before I click on Post.  In fact, they show up before I click on Preview which I usually do four or five times for editing before I actually Post.

Right now, the WYSIWYG editor is off as you left it.  One immediate problem is that I can't expand the editing window by clicking and dragging either the small horizontal line feature in the center of the lower border or the small parallel angled lines in the lower-right under the scroll bar (the standard window sizing controls).  From previous experience I do know that happens whenever I turn off the WYSIWYG editor, so there's a data point.

But amazingly, at least for me, the other problems are now gone although I would have sworn things were still acting up earlier this afternoon when I had the WYSIWYG editor turned off.

For now, I can live with the non-resizing editor window by writing in Notepad or whatever and pasting the results here.  Give me a day or two to thrash things around and see if going non-WYSIWYG solves the other problems.  I'll post again either way so you know where things stand.

Thanks again for the help!   :-)

That's just... strange.  You mentioned earlier you switched to Chrome - maybe you got a bugged install?  Or maybe its not the latest?  Might also be a good idea to uninstall everything but IE, clean up all the leftovers (because its never really clean), check all your updates and then reinstall Chrome.  It could be you've got some conflicts going on too. 

When I get home I'll install Chrome on my Surface and see if I get any issues.  Its just... bizarre that you're having these problems.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]