Disabling Shoutbox?

Started by Blinkin, September 20, 2014, 10:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Is there any way, any way at all of perminently disabling shoutbox? Of just cutting it out of my account options or something?

I'm constantly hitting the button to open the thing and then I have to find the link to close it. I keep disabling it, but when I come back to E, it's enabled again and I'm hitting the button by accident.

This is more than frustrating and I know that it's a popular feature, but I just don't have any use for it and the constant effort of trying to get it deactivated and keeping it that way is becoming a real issue for me.

So... help? Anyone? Beuler? Anyone?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ariel

Go to your forum settings and find "look and layout". At the top, it gives you the option to change the theme. Any one of the themes that end with _ns will allow you to have a theme with no ShoutBox. :-)

Edit: also, go through the steps here as well. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Vampdrake19

What I did was copy the link that had the default setting of which disables the shoutbox and that's what it gives me each time I go online.  Once I login, the shoutbox is disabled either way.  Does that help out some, Blinkin?
Unavailable for New Threads.  See links below if interested.  RP on Forums ONLY.
Bloodscale Manor (Updated with O/O's and Character Pods)
Thread Parlor
Times Away (A/A's)
Fair warning to those who are partners with me, recently or previously: posts will come slow, so patience is required.  Also: I don't reply to E-mails and I don't do Discord.  PMs are for discussions only.