Testing the waters for Horror/Dark Fantasy?

Started by Spectre, April 30, 2017, 11:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Hello all, I just wanted to send out a beacon for any kindred spirits who like to write scary stories. I have a few ideas for stories, mostly focused on things like monsters having to navigate a modern world, fae and magic types being discovered having to fight or flee and last but not least, zombie outbreak du jour. I don't have a lot of preferences, like gender or most of the specifics because i want to encourage you to jump off and make thee stories your own. I do want to warn I don't shy from things like gore, or bad things happening, and by no means discourage romantic plots, provided we survive.

Monsters- Sure, everyone loves a vampire and werewolves are the next big thing, but some of us have lives to live. Humans however, seem hell-bent on revealing all the secrets that lurk in the dark, they got scared and scared humans doesn't bode well for anything. now a pair of monsters need to pair up to keep themselves safe in a world getting increasingly brighter.

Fae/Witch or Warlock- Magic can make all sorts of things easier. Its can also be a death sentence to someone not strong enough or skilled enough to protect themselves. The worst part of drawing back the curtain on a world of magic is that if you look at it too long, it might turn an look back. Are we allies, colleagues, or maybe even enemies?

Zombies!- I love all aspects of the zombie trope. I lean toward classic undead and rage virus, but feel free to add anything you like. I like the idea of plying the outbreak itself or a pair of survivors.

Like I said, its just a sounding board for the like-minded! Feel free to post or pm me for anything that looks promising!