Virtual Prisoner [Anime] (Interest Check)

Started by Leki, August 04, 2017, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

Quote from: Leki on August 10, 2017, 04:47:01 AM
~Red means serious business~
I'm currently putting a few things together, and wanted to ask the players for their opinion.
Earlier Avalon29 asked about rooms being single or shared... and I replied with stating that;

"I figured I didn't really want people hanging around in their private bedrooms all the time, as I'd much prefer characters to come out into the open."

I've received a comment or two that people would prefer to have shared rooms... and since it's not really something I'm all too fussed about, I'm quite open to the idea. Hence I'm curious to hear whether others would prefer single or double rooms?

I personally think it could be fun if there was shared rooms, and the number depending on the amount of characters we receive. It could also create an interesting dynamic within the roleplay.

Also!
Amarlo, Thunder and Jail, 
Welcome new people!

I look forward to seeing the characters that will be joining in =3

Avalon29

As a minor update I have submitted a character and he is well on his way to approval so yay!

Idlewyld

Still trying to get an idea for a character myself - it might be a while

MelodyCake

Quick! While the GM is away!
*Grabs the gasoline*
We will just tell him it was an accident~
*Whistle a happy and innocent tune~*

I mean~

I look forward to reading your character sheet Avalon, even more so since you mentioned he was similar to Blair :P I also look forward seeing what you come up with Idle, cause I know the two of you will not disappoint :3

Leki

Something smells funny in here... did something happen?
Thanks to Avalon for being the first person to submit a character. Their character's been approved~
Though I'll leave it up to individual players to decide whether they want to post their characters here, or if they just want to post the sheet once I get a thread up (Which should be sometime soon).

As for ideas, I think it'd be great if people could bounce character concepts off one another in here.
But I suppose that isn't a process that works for everyone. Not really sure what to suggest either, since I've only seen one human character sheet thus far xD

Also, I'm currently planning on putting this roleplay in the bondage small groups sections.
If people see the potential for outright non-con though let me know and I'll up it to the appropriate section.

Avalon29

Yay! I think I'll wait until character thread is up. Also Leki aren't we on 7 out of 8 at the moment instead of 6? Can't wait to see what everybody is working on though!

Also welcome new players I look forward to playing with you.

Leki

Haha I just realized I blatantly ignored Jail Rose since I saw Melody had responded... and sleepy head Leki completely forgot >_<
So yes.... Ahem, Hello Jail Rose! :P

In regards to player count we've currently got seven players. (Since I won't count Amarlo until she's back from her hiatus).
So we're still technically one short, but I've been working on the information thread regardless.
I've just hadn't counted Jail yet since she expressed interest while I was sleeping

Jail Rose

Ahaha! It's okay, Leki!  ;D So... can I go make a character now?
                             Kinda not around for some time.

Avalon29

I've been thinking about it for a little bit and the game does remind me of Angel Beats a little bit with the whole stuck in a different world bit and people disappearing as they try to escape the place. Then again, I could just be seeing comparisons when they're not there. I do that sometimes. xD

As a side note I think I can speak for Leki here and say yes, make a character. Go for it!

Leki

@Jail Rose
Yes~
As Avalon stated for me (thanks btw) I'd be quite delighted to start receiving character sheets.
Although I've stated that I'd like them to be PM'ed to me, I'd also be fine with people posting it publicly.
I just find that people are generally more willing to change and work on things when it's done privately. Opposed to me pointing tacky little errors out in public.

@Avalon
Normally I get a little bit annoyed when people immediately associate a roleplay with an anime or some other creation....
But in this particular instance I can't really deny it xD
This roleplay's actually an adaption of an old roleplay I ran years ago, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat influenced by AB! back then xD Plus, I like Angel Beats, and would much rather that then someone start crying SAO nonsense.

I'll be gradually working on bits and pieces to run this roleplay over the next few days.
Since it seems like there isn't a rush to get things done just yet.
I was initially hoping to get things running this weekend, but since that seems unlikely I'll probably hold off until sometime after the 20th... Since I'll be traveling internationally next weekend :P And I really don't want to start a roleplay and bail oon everyone after the first week. (Even if it is just for a day or two... plus, I'll be exhausted) xD

Avalon29

Nothing wrong with liking AB. *is a not so secret massive Key fan boy*  And I'm really looking forward to this! Hope we get our next player soon.

Leki

*Totally a Key fanboy here too... but shh*
Plus, I'm more a Little Busters and Clannad fan than AngelBeats xD
Though Air will always win in a music contest XD

..... Shhhh, ignore the rant above, you saw nothing.

Thunder Splash

I'd be down for either shared or single, but just to warn y'all. The character I'm working on is a fiery red head with a short fuse and a huge temper. Also she's a marine, an armaments technician, and an alcoholic. So she may not get along well with others. But that could also mean interesting situations if she has a roommate.

Avalon29

Sounds like fun thunder splash.

As for you Leki. My personal favorite is  Kanon.

Leki

@Thunder
Haha well I certainly think the concept itself is quite interesting. Especially since there won't be any processed alcohol in the world initially xD
Well there'd probably be cooking alcohol, but I doubt that's enough to satisfy her xD
I always err on the side of caution when it comes to characters who might be a bit unlikeable though, since I've found that many people who play such characters, often fail to approach and interact with others.... but I'm going to take my chances this time. So as long as you know what you're getting yourself into xD

It's actually a bit sad since I like conflict far more than the typical pleasantries "I'm Leki, how are you" in roleplay.... but everyone always seems to prefer dull boring friendliness T_T

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Leki on August 11, 2017, 04:50:30 PM
@Thunder
Haha well I certainly think the concept itself is quite interesting. Especially since there won't be any processed alcohol in the world initially xD
Well there'd probably be cooking alcohol, but I doubt that's enough to satisfy her xD
I always err on the side of caution when it comes to characters who might be a bit unlikeable though, since I've found that many people who play such characters, often fail to approach and interact with others.... but I'm going to take my chances this time. So as long as you know what you're getting yourself into xD

It's actually a bit sad since I like conflict far more than the typical pleasantries "I'm Leki, how are you" in roleplay.... but everyone always seems to prefer dull boring friendliness T_T

Oh don't worry, she'll interact with people. They might not come out don it in as few pieces as they were in before, but she won't be shy. If anything she'll be spear heading the charge to get the heck out of dodge and back to reality. After all she needs to get back to her kids and failing marriage.

Leki

Information Thread is still a work in progress, but those who have their Character sheets accepted (And by that I mean only Avalon so far xD) can now post their character here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=272799.0

@Thunder
Why do redheads always have to be so angry?~ xD
It sounds like you've given the character a fair bit of thought, so I look forward to seeing how she turns out :P

Avalon29

And now Rin is alive and in the character thread yay!

Leki

Yay, first character that isn't a GM character~
Nevermind that it's day 3 since apps opened, and we've got one
Still gonna celebrate xD

Amarlo

A bit longer than was expected ^^;

Name: Mei Sampson
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Lavender
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: While Mei doesn't exactly seem shy, she’s doesn't exactly seem bold either. She tends to tip toe along the line in between, often losing her balance and tipping from one side to the other at varying degrees. There is one thing that can truly be said about Mei though, and that is there is no way could she ever be described as aggressive or hostile. As a matter of fact, while she can often comes off as reserved and introverted, she is almost always seen as warm and easy going by her peers. This has made her unintentionally popular among many of her peers whom have come to dote on her as their ‘adorkable’ mascot. It doesn’t matter what group or social circle they’re from, there’s a certain aura of genial vulnerability emanating from Mei that just makes it exceedingly difficult to treat her unkindly. On the flip side, however, there are some less than savory characters out there that have found themselves unnaturally abhorrent towards her behavior and find her both fake and intolerable for some reason they can never seem to logically define.
Strength: Survival - She is fantastic at improvising on the fly.
Flaws: Demisexual - She has a hard time becoming sexually attracted to anyone unless she forms some form of bond with them.  Emotionally Withdrawn - She has a tendency to keep people at arm's length, even those she deems her friends. This isn't because she doesn't want to be close with anyone, but due to a conditioned response. Suffers stints of Selective Mutism as well.

Background:
Mei and her twin brother, Elias, grew up together in a broken household; they were born the youngest two of six children, the other four being extremely loud and exuberant, and so – past the obvious attention a pair of baby requires – were largely overlooked in favor of the more troublesome ones. Therefore, they learned very quickly how to fend for themselves and that they were the only ones likely to look after each other in any way, shape or form. They largely stayed out of the way of everybody else in the manner of children with no real parental connections, so grew to depend massively on their Twin Sibling. When they were 9, their father – who apparently had had enough – left, and their mothers previously under-control substance abuse problems spiraled into disaster, to the point where rather than continuing to support her children, she gave them into Foster Care to better fuel her addiction and – presumably – protect her children from her own toxic influence.

At age 10, Mei and Elias entered their first foster home, a small house in a countryside village living with an elderly couple by the names of Joseph and Nancy Sampson. The couple were friendly, warm, parental and doting, paying the previously neglected children massive amounts of attention and acting more like parents than their biological ones ever had...and, for the first time, the Twins were happy. They had a good home, loving foster parents and were beginning to make some friends at the local school. They had three good years...before things once again came crashing down around them. Joseph Sampson was, only a year and a half after they moved in, diagnosed with late-stage and therefore fatal Prostate Cancer. He passed away when the Twins were only 13, and Nancy gave them back into Foster Care soon after, unable to deal with two teenagers and the grief of losing her husband of 60 years.

The Twins were moved to a different household, this one with several other Foster Children who saw their arrival as a threat and intrusion, and proceeded to try and make their stay miserable. A mere three months after their arrival, the Twins attempted to run away together, back to Mrs. Sampson who – they were convinced – shouldn't be alone and needed them as much as they needed her. Unfortunately, they were caught and put back into the system.....where they learned that Nancy had passed away from grief-fueled illness only a few weeks before. Due to their attempted flight, the pair of them were split up and sent to separate Foster Homes, despite their constant pleading to stay together.

The next three years of Mei’s young life were primarily marked by excessive anxiety and panic attacks. Mei had always been the mousier of the two siblings and to have her greatest source of safety and comfort ripped away from her wasn’t something she was at all prepared to deal with. She spent much of her time between counseling and in the closet of her shared room hiding from her new ‘siblings’ while clinging to a little tiger plush her brother had given to her for her 11th birthday. After losing Mr. and Ms. Sampson, to lose Elias on top of it proved to be too much for the little girl and she crumbled beneath the weight of it all. Mei stopped speaking just a short few months after moving in with her new family; without her brother. It made counseling exceedingly difficult but when she was finally asked why she no longer spoke the last thing she ever said for many years was, “I do not talk because no one listens.” and it was perhaps more true than anyone would like to admit. She’d begged to be reunited with her brother. She told them over and over again it was the only way she could feel safe and happy again, but they couldn’t even bring themselves to find a way for the two of them to visit. So Mei simply shut down.

It wasn’t until three years of what felt like purgatory later that she started speaking again, and the first thing to leave her trembling lips was her brother’s name. The amount of shock that slammed into her when he stepped into her classroom and the teacher began to introduce him could not be overstated. She was stunned to disbelief. For a moment she just thought she was seeing things, for a moment she was terrified that her mind was playing tricks on her like it had many times before… But when he finally came to take a seat next to her and they grazed fingertips for the first time in years, the way her heart jolted told her there was no way possibly this could be anything but real. She nearly lost herself to tears right there in the middle of class, and the two of them had to endure the mere two and a half feet between them until class ended with almost inaudible sniffles and hiccups escaping little Mei here or there.

After Elias became a constant part of her life again, Mei started to speak far more frequently again and while she was always friendly and warm, she was more light hearted and happy than she’d been in what felt like a very long time. Naturally, this was something that had unintentionally drawn attention to her and her new relationship with one of the school’s newest students and when the teacher finally questioned the obvious source of this new behavior and her relationship with him, Mei panicked. The last thing she wanted to do was admit that Elias was her brother and have them split up again. So in that panic went with the first thing that came to her mind, she told their teacher that Elias was her first and only boyfriend. Suddenly everything seemed to make sense to the teacher, while Elias and Mei were awkwardly left to continue such a façade thereafter.

They had just begun to plan their lives together – save up money, take on part time jobs and wait until school ended – so when they were finally free of the system they could leave it hand in hand and start a life where they were inseparable. However, as shown several times before, Fate liked to make things difficult for them. Before she knew what was happening Mei’s fingers had been pried from his, and she found herself contained to a whole new landscape – without her twin by her side once again... and she is terrified.

Top 3 Kinks:
Dominance
Possessiveness
Protectiveness
O&o

Other Points: WIP

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Avalon29

Armarlo has returned that means 8 out of 8 huzzah!

MelodyCake

I'm not used to making excuses like this... But I have had a few drinks and decided to make a post anyways....

*In a super drunk voice*
Heyyyyyyy

Okey, kidding xD
I'm not that drunk xP But I am a bit xD

@Thunder
I look forward to seeing the character sheet you come up with, even more so if the slightly nasty personality is still looking to interact with people, it could stir some interesting moments. But I can also see where Leki is coming from.

@Amarlo
asdasdmmm!!
OMG!!!
I know a girl who looks just like the reference image without the glasses!

Leki

@Amarlo
Oh dear lord xD
Before I continue on I'm going to say that the character is warmly accepted.
I'm surprised to see neither Melody nor Avalon picked up on this little detail. (Or maybe you guys are just keeping quiet)
But if the character seems familiar in any way perhaps the words Elias and Tokken might jog your minds? xD

It's not a criticism or complaint by any means though Amarlo.
I just thought it rather funny that I'd get a chance to roleplay with the other half of the twins. xD
Again, Mei is accepted and ready to be posted in [Information Thread]

@Avalon
Huzzah indeed~ xD
Though I'm going to admit the 8/8 thing probably stopped mattering once I started on the info thread. Wasn't going to do all that writing for nothing xD
I've moved on to counting characters now~ Though there won't be a quota we need to meet for that any time soon.
Since... well as I said earlier I won't be around next weekend. So unless I get bombarded with CS's in the next 24 hours, starting up will likely be sometime after the 20th of August.

@Cake
Go to sleep you silly Cake.
It's four in the morning, don't you have stuff to do tomorrow? xD

Amarlo

Quote from: Leki on August 11, 2017, 11:10:46 PM
@Amarlo
Oh dear lord xD
Before I continue on I'm going to say that the character is warmly accepted.
I'm surprised to see neither Melody nor Avalon picked up on this little detail. (Or maybe you guys are just keeping quiet)
But if the character seems familiar in any way perhaps the words Elias and Tokken might jog your minds? xD

It's not a criticism or complaint by any means though Amarlo.
I just thought it rather funny that I'd get a chance to roleplay with the other half of the twins. xD
Again, Mei is accepted and ready to be posted in [Information Thread]

Aha! Yes, we created these two together. He asked my permission to play Elias elsewhere and I agreed. :) This isn't how Mei originally looked though. I just changed her visuals a little bit. x3 

I bet Elias was well received wherever you played with him. ;) :P

@MelodyCake
I'm glad it was a source of excitement for you. xD

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Leki

@Amarlo
I'd say he(Elias) was a pretty unique character~
But that aside, it's good to finally have our first (approved) female character xD
Hopefully we'll be able to lure some hapless youths along with her cuteness~

@Important
Two things I need to run over, so as to not cause concern or panic.
-Firstly the accepted list of characters is represented by the text in the Information Thread, not by the image.
The image is just a nice touch that'll I'll update sporadically. It's not difficult, but it's just tedious uploading a new image each time I get a new character, so that'll hopefully be something I'll do in bulk.

-Secondly, I've changed the Interest Count on the first page to a Confirmed Player Count.
The roleplay will go ahead whether we have 10, 7, or even just the four of us... (though obviously that would be less than ideal).
The maximum number of players I'll be accepting into the roleplay is 10. I've found that any more than that just results in chaos, and characters becoming insignificant. Options are good, but too many spoil the broth~
With that said though those who have expressed interest so far have a reserved spot regardless of whether we get to 10 players or not.
The following players are guaranteed a spot if they decide to take it; akirakaneda, Idlewyld, ThunderSplash,  JailRose, and one other (PM).