Important Links

Official OOC Coming Soon

Information Station

---> Recruitment Thread <---

IC On Campus {FROZEN}

IC Dorms Coming Soon

IC Off Campus Coming Soon

Pokken Academy

Welcome, students and faculty, to the masterful Pokken Academy: home of knowledge and understanding of the Pokemon World. We are many who seek to push the bounds in our understanding of the fantastic creatures we coexist with and, for eight years, have lead the world in innovation beyond what was dared to be imagined. We hold our arms out to you -all of you- the future leaders of the Pokemon World, and share everything we have worked tirelessly to gather. We give you these gifts and two options: To protect the current world and preserve its ways, or to change its future forever to however you see fit. Though you all come from different races, backgrounds and social status, behind the walls you are all Pokken: Nothing more and nothing less. Thank you for blessing this world with your existence and we look forward to seeing what your spirits manifest.

-----------

The Setting

Pokken Academy is cradled by Pycerus Island in the center of the Great Northern Ocean: Directly south of Johto and East of Hoenn. The island itself isn’t very large. It is mostly covered by a dense forest, a few mountainous areas at the center, and sandy beaches along its coasts. There are two major metropolitan areas on the island, five smaller towns, and the Pokken Academy, which is about two miles north of the island’s most popular beach and right along the edge of the forest.

Pokemon from the surrounding regions; Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn are the most common inhabitants, but the island is not exclusive to just these types of Pokemon. The island is also a very popular tourist spot, with Trainers, Breeders, Researchers, and vacationers alike frequenting its most famous areas.

There are no Pokemon Gyms on this island, so those wishing to partake in the League only visit for short spurts of time before leaving for another region. With that said, the Island still hosts many other types of competitions to keep those eager to grow interested in the area.

---------

The Academy

Pokken Academy is a young, but respected institution of Higher learning. It has been around for almost a decade, first starting out as a research facility for the advancement of Pokemon Training and Battling techniques. After many young trainers became involved in this research, it soon turned into a local training facility which, after word got out, evolved into the academy it is today. The academy itself is composed of three main buildings, which are surrounded by the four dormitories; Hurricane, Tsunami, Fracture, and Aether, in which students live and train. Though separate and constantly competing against one-another, the students of these four dorms spend much of their time in the main buildings learning, growing, and struggling together. Even through this coexistence, the world of Pokemon is always filled with competition and the academy encourages this. Tasks and missions are constantly given out by staff to these four houses: completion of these errands awards points, which increase the rank and standing of the respective House. At the end of the year, a member of each House is granted the rank of Elite and leads the underclassmen in the coming year: The Senior Elite leading the Junior class, the Junior Elite leading the Sophomore, and the Sophomore Elite leading the Freshman class.

---------

The Plot

Players will assume the role of Freshman Students of the Pokken Academy. Each player is allowed one 1st Evolution Stage Pokemon of their choice, regardless of type, and the ability to capture more as the game progresses. Each student will be assigned a Dorm as well as a Roommate to live and rest with while not taking classes or doing assignments. The overall goal of the academy is to teach and inspire higher levels of thought and understanding revolving around the world of Pokemon. Players will spend the majority of their time doing independent study, socializing with other students, taking on missions for the school and raising their own team of Pokemon.

----------

The Battle System

Battles will take a freeform style with the GM(s) having final rule over the outcomes. Fights between Pokemon should follow standard League 1v1 - 2v2 rules with some exceptions that will be given in certain situations. Realism, however, will be a huge focus on this game. We are hear to step out of the constricted realm of the Pokemon games and immerse ourselves in real-life situations. If the time calls for the trainer to jump in and throw a few punches, or unleashing all six of their Pokemon for a massive attack, then have at it. Fair warning: all actions have consequences.

Pokemon will not have “Levels”. Their strengths and weaknesses with grow naturally and realistically through normal development. Some will start stronger than others, learn faster, and perform better. Others will not. The plot and the choices your characters make will decide the progression of your teams. Have fun!

----------

The Character Sheet

[float=left][img height=250]Appearance(What your character looks like. A picture may suffice. Please Place in Spoiler if too big)[/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] (Character Name)

[b]Age:[/b] (18-25)

[b]Gender:[/b] Character Gender

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] (LGBTQ Friently)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Your Character's Personality)

[b]Home Town:[/b] (Can be Canon or Original)

[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] (1st Tier Evolution. Not restricted to Common Starters) [spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

[b]Background:[/b] (Brief history of your character)

[b]Best Experience With Pokemon:[/b] (What are some of the good things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

[b]Worst Experience With Pokemon:[/b] (What are some of the bad things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

[b]Other:[/b] (Any other tidbits you'd like to add)

Appearance(What your character looks like. A picture may suffice. Please Place in Spoiler if too big)

Name: (Character Name)

Sexual Preference: (LGBTQ Friently)

Personality: (Your Character's Personality)

Home Town: (Can be Canon or Original)

Starter Pokemon: (1st Tier Evolution. Not restricted to Common Starters)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: (Brief history of your character)

Best Experience With Pokemon: (What are some of the good things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

Worst Experience With Pokemon: (What are some of the bad things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

Other: (Any other tidbits you'd like to add)

Snake

I"m interested I've never done a pokemon RP.

Can I make a psychic char (like Sabrina/Natsumi) was in the original games? :3

ZephySempai

I'm cool with that. Psychics FTW!

You really can't go wrong with Pokemon (unless you try) so I'm looking forward to this as well. Thanks for showing interest :D

I'm working on an example character right now myself. I'll have 'em up soon ^_^

Snake

Question: can we use any base level pokemon we want to start? Not just the regular starter mon?

ZephySempai

Yeah, definitely.

For more clarification:

You are NOT restricted to Canon Starters (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, etc...) but any Base level Pokemon (Within reason) such as Growlithe, Ghastly, Houndour...

I'll try and add a bit more to the 1st post :)

EndofDivine

Pokemon?! Gimme! *grabby hands*

So how would you feel about a pokemon fashionista? Someone that's attending with aspirations of becoming the biggest name in Pokemon grooming, styling, and beauty. She'll probably put a whole lot more emphasis on collecting Pokemon that look cute rather than worrying about being the very best like no one ever was. :P

Snake

ZephySempai

@Divine

What I'm looking for in a Pokemon Game is something completely out of the ordinary. Something that's new and different from what's already been done to death. I'm looking for characters, like the one you have in mind, to mix things up and show that there's more than one way to be the very best, like no one ever was! If you wanna make a fashionista, then be the best damn fashionista you can freaking be!

pdragon

throwing in interest now, probably gonna be a poke-gyaru
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Snake

I had a really out-of-there char idea.... But it's a bit..weird I admit. But it's something I'd love to try.

Someone that's been sort of a genetic experiment, when someone had PokeDNA injected into them via the umblical cord.

EndofDivine

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 11, 2017, 01:46:53 PM
@Divine

What I'm looking for in a Pokemon Game is something completely out of the ordinary. Something that's new and different from what's already been done to death. I'm looking for characters, like the one you have in mind, to mix things up and show that there's more than one way to be the very best, like no one ever was! If you wanna make a fashionista, then be the best damn fashionista you can freaking be!

Oh man. I feel like I'm supposed to run out into a stadium and go win the big game after that. Then reality sets in and I remember I'm just a nerd typing on her phone. :-(

ZephySempai

@Divine.

We're all just nerds on one type of media or another. The point is to be as nerdy and epic as possible while having a good time ^_^ I'm sure you won't have any problem with that.

Example Character

(I'm thinking about sticking mostly to GMing the game, but I'll throw a character or 2 in to move the story along.)

Name: Xhalil Yeaden

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Xha comes off as a reckless thug to most people. He’s headstrong and confident in everything he does. Fortunately for him, there is a brain in his thick skull that he hides from common view. He is experienced and determined to always come out on top with everything that he does. He doesn’t have a reputation for starting fights, as most would assume, but almost always finishes them; whether he is primarily involved or not. He enjoys fighting, lounging, playing video games and chasing cute girls. University Life is just the escape he’s been looking for.

Home Town: Veridian City

Starter Pokemon: Ghastly

Background: Growing up in the city hasn’t always been easy. Xha’s mother and father separated while he was still young and he spent most of his youth bouncing back and forth between the two. Eventually, he spent less and less time with them and more time looking for a new family. A group like him that he could call his own. He spent much time outside the home wandering the city, mixing with its inhabitants and learning about the word at a much younger age than most would living a structured life. Eventually, he found the power and mystery of Pokemon something he could make use of and began to learn about them however he could. He’d found his first Pokemon on a dare in an abandoned building and, even before having ownership of a Pokeball, laid claim to the one he called his partner in crime. Xhalil has been through a lot since that day, but all these experiences have lead up to him enrolling into Pokken Academy, where he can finally relax and enjoy all the perks of the high life.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Where everyone around him was always serious life-or-death types, Ghastly was a joy to be around. Playful, relaxed, and just the right of mischievous. Xha would visit the Pokemon night after night and, eventually, it followed him home where it terrorized his parents (Whichever one he was staying with at the time). These are some of the fondest memories Xha has had throughout his life.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Experience With Pokemon: Rules! Rules! Rules! Apparently not just ANYBODY can become a Pokemon Trainer. You need money, permits and registrations, all types of things that the young man had no access to (legally) but the worst of it were other trainers. Stuck-up rich kids suckling off mommy and daddy’s teet to get whatever they want. Their pokemon were always the same: Formally trained, knew a bunch of crazy moves. Xha’s worst experience was breaking into a Gym and attempting to take down the leader with just his Ghastly. He barely made it through three other trainers before he was utterly defeated and thrown out. They made fun of him and his Pokemon. They shamed him and banned him from the gym. That was his worst ever experience dealing with the Pokemon of his world.

Other: Xha has dreams of being the best Pokemon trainer ever so that he can tear down the government built upon the backs of Pokemon and their trainer. He wants to ruin the status quo and let natural selection take its turn. If only he wasn’t so lazy.

Also, Text Color = Bold Brown

Diesel Heart

I'm making a sheet now but I have a curiosity question.  I've got other possibilities in mind but would you allow Absol as a starter?

ZephySempai

@Diesel Heart

Hmm... That is a good question. Technically, since he doesn't evolve he IS a 1st stage evolution...

I shall allow this. Not because Absol is one of my Absol-lute favorites or anything... (laugh or be banned). Don't abuse his powers and we should get along fine.

-------

With that being said, how does everyone here feel about Legendaries? Should they be under the control of the GM or allowed to be captured by players? I'm kinda leaning towards allowing players the opportunity of capturing them, but am against giving them out as Starters.

Any thoughts??

pdragon

They definitely shouldn't be starters, but it'd be cool if we got to encounter them as the finale for story arcs and stuff like that.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Diesel Heart

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 11, 2017, 04:08:36 PM
@Diesel Heart

Hmm... That is a good question. Technically, since he doesn't evolve he IS a 1st stage evolution...

I shall allow this. Not because Absol is one of my Absol-lute favorites or anything... (laugh or be banned). Don't abuse his powers and we should get along fine.

-------

With that being said, how does everyone here feel about Legendaries? Should they be under the control of the GM or allowed to be captured by players? I'm kinda leaning towards allowing players the opportunity of capturing them, but am against giving them out as Starters.

Any thoughts??

Absol's my favorite too!

Snake

Bekah Boo

*Pokes head in curiously* Would it be too much to have a ghastly as a starter? ;3
Either way I am quite interested ;3

ZephySempai

Quote from: Bekah Boo on April 11, 2017, 05:16:54 PM
*Pokes head in curiously* Would it be too much to have a ghastly as a starter? ;3
Either way I am quite interested ;3

That's totally fine. I just used Ghastly In mine as an example. If you wanna do ghastly go for it!!!

And yeah I think saving the legendaries for like boss fights would be epic. I'll plan it out a bit more, but it sounds like fun.

I'm type that this got so much interest so quick. I'll work on some xtra details and such. Like competitions between the different dorms and such. Really I'm just looking forward to the hijinks thatre sure to ensue :)

Bekah Boo

Metraxa

Time for something of a blast from the past, as far as the franchise goes.

Name: Aiden Hale

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual, as far as he knows

Personality: Aiden is a peaceful soul who does not jump easily to conflict. He would rather everyone get along with each other, even if he can understand why some people might be competitive about Pokemon.He cares deeply about his pokemon, and holds a certain fondness for those Pokemon he does not work with either. He enjoys being in nature and has a keen eye for detail, and it would not be surprising to find him lazing the day away. He can be very energetic about what he cares for though, to the point of being a bit reckless. But ultimately he is fun loving and doesn't want to stress too much over things that don't matter.

Home Town: Goldenrod City

Starter Pokemon: Skitty

Background: All in all Aiden was not that exceptional, or at least so he will say. The first of two siblings, he bounced around from interest to interest when he was young. He was interested in Pokemon, but never really seemed to be all that interested in battling. It was with the assistance of a teacher that he ended up finding his calling. With the financial help of his parents he was able to obtain a camera and become a photographer of Pokemon and other things. He devoted much of his time to that, and was eventually able to get a few pictures sold and published as well.

Along the way he got his Skitty, who has taken up a position as assistant for his photographic endeavors. Now he is going to Pokken Academy, to develop his skill and get some credentials before going into official publication and adventuring for photography.

Best Experience With Pokemon: One moment really stands out to Aiden in his experience with Pokemon. Sneaking away from the house one day, he was taken completely aback to stumble upon Mew seemingly from nowhere in the woods. Though he can't remember all the details, he knows that they spent at least a bit of time together, and there is a picture remaining on his camera of Mew, as if urging him to try and find it again.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Getting chased by an angry pack of Mightyena that took offense to his presence. That kinda speaks to itself.

Other: Likes candy.

Bekah Boo

Name: Zoey Hyatt

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Zoey can easily be summed up in one word; playful. Her care free attitude and demeanor often makes her appear all too childish and hardly serious, as in certain instances she can become quite the nuisance though she doesn't mean any harm from it all. Rather she enjoys making people laugh and generally enjoy themselves even if it is at her expense at times as she can be quite the clumsy girl, often than not tripping and falling into areas which gives her more of an 'careless' persona. She is undoubtedly loyal however as she strives to not only do the best of her own abilities but to help those around her as well, even if at times it's not wanted. Zoey is also a very physical sort of person, in that she enjoys playfully poking, prodding, jumping on unsuspecting victims at every twist and turn, her short size allowing her to pounce quite proficiently with little sound or alarm. She can tend to misread or misjudge situations from time to time, overly comfortable with herself to think much of her actions even if they can sometimes lead to some troubles along the way, she simply enjoys using others as her own furniture; playfully of course.

Home Town: Nacrene City

Starter Pokemon:
Ghastly

Background: Growing up in Nacrene City wasn't exactly the easiest for Zoey, as the youngest daughter of the Hyatt family, there were great expectations as the town is famed for it's artistic bend and as a result it became a refuge for creative types alike to set up shop. Unlike her older sister and brothers Zoey didn't have the knack for gripping poetry or masterful brush strokes, her father a renowned artist himself as he held a strict household to uphold the arts in any varying form, but his youngest daughter proved to be difficult. She wasn't graceful and stoic like her mother, she couldn't sit still long enough to paint (at least not without getting it absolutely everywhere),she couldn't even retain monologues for the stage; and so Zoey spent most of her time outside of the home simply exploring as her energetic ways were easier to ignore.

It was one fateful afternoon however that the young Zoey would find herself wandering off much farther than she had before, the edge of the forest in which she had been forbidden to ever enter as it became much too enticing to ignore. Stepping closer the ground would suddenly give way as the young girl found herself falling through the thin earth and into a hollow section of an underground cave system, the bleak sight of the sunlight from above like a dot as the darkness around her swallowed her up. Disoriented and frightened Zoey blindly crawled around the cave system hopelessly lost, her pathetic cries echoing out as she tried to find any way of escape in her fit of paralyzing fear that began to make her panic all the more as the hours went by.

After crawling around and utterly exhausted the child curled up into herself and cried fearfully that she would never find her way out, that was until a pair of glowing eyes would soon join her and her fateful encounter that would forever change her life. Floating before her was a sphere of gas with large eyes peering down at the sniffling girl, the light glow providing enough light for Zoey to witness her first pokemon in the wild as she gasped in surprise. Watching the still crying child the ghastly seemed just as puzzled though after a moment it would soon open it's mouth and give the tearful girl a wide grin, a sign of comfort as her tears soon stopped. The pokemon would remain with Zoey until help finally arrived in the form of her parents having discovered the broken earth near the forest edge, pulling their daughter out and reprimanding her for considering how easily she could have been hurt much less never to be seen again. All the while the ghastly remained following almost expectedly, unwilling to part from the girl who seemed just as curious as it had been from the time they spent making faces at one another within the cave.

It was an easy choice to finally capture the ghastly( not that it put up much of a fight) and make it her own pokemon, the once disappointment and regret Zoey felt for being unable to live up to her parent's wishes all but forgotten as she now had her own path to take; to become a pokemon trainer and explore the world.

Best Experience With Pokemon: Finding her first and true companion in her greatest time of need, as she adores her Ghastly far beyond a trainer's standpoint.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Getting put to sleep by an overly excited and playful companion, more often in resulting in Zoey always running the risk of being late and tardy.

Other: The only real insecurity Zoey has is oddly enough being left alone, an traumatic experience in her childhood making her quite fearful of being isolated for even a moment as she will break down into petrifying fear because of it. Also she loves sugary treats and is almost never seen without some sort of candy, or drink on her person at all times.

ZephySempai

So a bit of description and background on the Dormitories:

The dorms themselves holds about 200 students each of all grade levels. The rooms hold 2 - 6 students depending on size, have a full kitchen and 1 - 3 showers showers each. The smaller units have no living room space while the larger units do. Each dorm has a common area, cafeteria, and a special zone dedicated to the specific House.

House Hurricane is on the Northwestern corner of the campus closest to the forest. This dorm is generally frequented by Avian Pokemon of all types and has a special open roof with structures designed to attract any airborne visitors. The center of the building's roof has a clear open space for residents to hold mock battles.

House Tsunami is located on the Southeastern corner of the campus closest to the road that leads towards the beach. The dorm itself is has a large indoor pool on the 2nd floor that serves recreational purposes and also has a student-operated spa. During the week, this dorm opens itself up to the public as a place to relax and have fun.

House Fracture is located on the Southwestern corner of the campus surrounded by flatland. The rear yard of the building holds a stunning rock garden created by the first graduating senior class. Students are free to come and alter the garden as they please. There is also a deep network of caves that go beneath the dorm and are said to connect to all parts of the island. These caves are always changing, however, and only the most experienced of trainers can navigate them.

House Aether is located on the Northeastern corner of the campus. It is the quietest of the four dorms and has two temples on opposite sides of the building. Students come here to heighten their psychic and spiritual senses whenever time permits. There is also a massive mansion connected to the dormitory, which used to be the original building, but has been abandoned when a powerful Ghost-Type took residence. Now, many different Pokemon call this mansion their home and, though tempting, very few students venture inside to capture these creatures.

--------------

Each dorm has a head council, usually appointed by one of the Senior Elite Four. They oversee their respective buildings, plan events, trips and handle any disciplinary action for students under their care. Naturally, there are intense rivalries between the Elite Four and their Houses. In the past there have even been Guild Wars where the Four Houses would attack one-another for control over the campus. Such days have fizzled out due to the respect held by the current Elite Four for one-another, but history has a habit of repeating itself.

Currently, during the new term, each dorm is on equal level, however, House Tsunami has the highest renown with For consecutive years of being #1. House Fracture ties with House Tsunami with two wins under their belt while House Aether remains at the bottom of the pack with zero wins to boast about.

----------------

I see there are two character sheets up and ready while I was working on the houses :D

@Bekah
I am in love with Zoey! Accepted with no need to make any alterations. I have a thing for... *Fun* Characters :D Completely for scientific purposes of course  :o Very interested in seeing her grow and develop in the Pokken Academy!

@Metraxa
Hello and welcome to the game! Glad to see another interested party. Also, Aiden looks amazing. Another great example of why I wanted to make this game in the first place: Somebody whose not so much interested in the status quo, but wants to find his own niche' in the Pokemon world. I'm really excited to see how he fairs. Accepted! I hope he finds Mew!

Metraxa

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 11, 2017, 08:02:34 PMAccepted! I hope he finds Mew!

So does he. :P (Though he'd also accept finding other Legendaries)

ZephySempai

ALSO

Comments on the above info about the Four Houses? Likes? Dislikes? Additions? You're gonna be living here so speak now or forever be stuck with a Haunted Mansion ^_^

I'm trying to decide if I wanna add a point system to the houses also, kinda like in Harry Potter. But that sounds like work... -___- I'm definitely liking the idea, just not the idea of keeping track lol.

Should we do points and make a leaderboard for the 4 houses, or should we keep things freeform, go with the flow? We can always add the stuff later if it seems like it fits/we get a million people playing the game ^_^