Current to-do list (Add requests here : )

Started by Vekseid, March 03, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawg

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
If you just use the minus sign to close the quick reply box, quotes and replies will work like normal.  Alternatively, you can choose whether to show it at all in your profile settings.

Most Excellent Angel of the High Heels, Thank You *tight hugs*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Hunter

jouzinka

I'm willing to volunteer in finding the smilies set. And yes, I do understand, that unlike my own personal set they should NOT be animated.

Hunter, "My Topics" are now named "Bookmarks." ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Haibane

Quote from: Greenthorn on March 03, 2009, 01:05:59 PM
Ack!!

My buddy list has been pruned down!!
Yeah, Veks used the smokescreen of the server move to ban loads of people...

Trieste

Quote from: Maeven on March 03, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
If you just use the minus sign to close the quick reply box, quotes and replies will work like normal.  Alternatively, you can choose whether to show it at all in your profile settings.

*dives at profile to turn it off*

Can we remove the editbox resizing, too? *hunts around for that option*

Mithlomwen

Is there a way that you can make the Doormat a sticky again so it isn't floating around the intro threads?
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Done!  Finally, something I could help with.  *grins*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 03:03:31 PM
Done!  Finally, something I could help with.  *grins*

*giggle*  Thanks!!  You are swell!
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Dawg

*Hugs* Valerian

You do a lot of things, and those things free up Veks and Trieste to do the things you think you can't help with 

*Smiles and another Hug*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Valerian

You're very welcome, Mith.

*blushes and hugs*  Thanks, Dawg.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

I don't know what the heck is going on, but sometimes my quick modify function works, and sometimes it doesn't. When I try to modify my own posts, it worked; when I tried to modify someone else's, it didn't. I haven't tried it out and tested to see if this is the problem, though.

Oh. And the "modify" box... it's so UGLY. What they heck is wrong with it? Not only does the font change, but the font size changed too, AND I can no longer see my BBCode when I'm using the little shortcut buttons. I usually just type it out as I go (yay for the quick reply box), but when I hit preview, all my coding disappears and it's already "formatted" for me. I'm sure some people might appreciate the "auto-format" effect, but I hate it - please make a checkbox option available to "view BBCode" or "view code" or something to that effect, for those of us who care. ><; Fixed!

Oh, and some PM issues:

Quote from: Amberghylles on March 03, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
So, I'm running Firefox under Windows XP.
Whenever I load a page and it pops up the "you have a new PM, open it in a new window" box it opens the PM screen like it always has.
But when I go back to the old window, it's blank until I refresh it.
Not a big thing, but it's been consistent since the server move so I figured I'd mention it.

I've had the same problem, and I'm running the latest version of Firefox on my XP.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Greenthorn

Quote from: Haibane on March 03, 2009, 02:30:38 PM
Yeah, Veks used the smokescreen of the server move to ban loads of people...

Uh huh I knew it!  He's taking all of my friends away so I'll leave!!

Greenthorn

Example of the font issue.  Normal size Moderator listing, and tiny itty bitty font elsewhere....

Just because I like to show examples!

Dawg

Quote from: Caeli on March 03, 2009, 03:50:29 PM
Oh. And the "modify" box... it's so UGLY. What they heck is wrong with it? Not only does the font change, but the font size changed too, AND I can no longer see my BBCode when I'm using the little shortcut buttons. I usually just type it out as I go (yay for the quick reply box), but when I hit preview, all my coding disappears and it's already "formatted" for me. I'm sure some people might appreciate the "auto-format" effect, but I hate it - please make a checkbox option available to "view BBCode" or "view code" or something to that effect, for those of us who care. ><;

This Button should be your new friend - I felt the same way until i discovered this will toggle between WYSIWYG and code.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Caeli

Aha! I just turned off WYSIWYG in my personal preferences. :P I was wondering what that was.

@GT: My font is normal. O.o; strange...

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Dingo apparently has tiny font also...so thankfully it's not just me!

Caeli

Here's what mine looks like. Excuse the poor color shading, I used paint rather than opening up Photoshop. --->

I figured out WYSIWG, so my issue with the coding box is fine. I don't even use it half the time (quick reply FTW), since I code naturally by hand, so it was fine, but it was nice to have that solved.

Though, the text for "moderator" is slightly bigger than it should be.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Caeli, that is how mine used to look pre-upgrade :)  Even my SS makes the text bigger!!

Lady Annabelle

Okay, this could be just because my computer at home is a piece of crap, but I have been running into more problems at home than at work.

When I first log in, every time I click on something, I get an IE script error saying 'request is null or not an object'.  Also, it says I have to be logged in to use the Shoutbox when I am already logged in.

After a while, the script goes away and I get a snapshot of the Shoutbox.  It never updates and just stays frozen.  Unfortunately, this causes my Spell Check button to go away.  I click on it, but it never comes up.  I thought this was a Flash issue, but that didn't seem to fix it.

Also, there is dead space in some people's posts.  For example, Greenthorn's posts above me.  It has her picture and her stats and to the right is nothing.  You look lower and there are her words.  It is only for people with bigger pictures as the smaller ones have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, this is probably just for me and I can live with it all, but I figured I would at least see if these were easily fixable or have already been addressed.

Thank you.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Caeli

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on March 03, 2009, 06:15:44 PMAlso, there is dead space in some people's posts.  For example, Greenthorn's posts above me.  It has her picture and her stats and to the right is nothing.  You look lower and there are her words.  It is only for people with bigger pictures as the smaller ones have nothing to do with it.

I think that's how posts normally look - she has an image, a double line break, and then her text...?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Caeli on March 03, 2009, 06:18:26 PM
I think that's how posts normally look - she has an image, a double line break, and then her text...?

I think that has to do with my pixels.  I always had mine at 800 X 600.  Before the move, it was fine, but something changed afterwards.

I just changed mine to 1024 X 768 and it went away.  I can deal with the pixel change, but I thought it was a bit strange that it was changed in the past few days.  Just an odd observation.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Vekseid

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on March 03, 2009, 06:28:48 PM
I think that has to do with my pixels.  I always had mine at 800 X 600.  Before the move, it was fine, but something changed afterwards.

I just changed mine to 1024 X 768 and it went away.  I can deal with the pixel change, but I thought it was a bit strange that it was changed in the past few days.  Just an odd observation.

Err... yeah, Not going to spend much effort on 800x600 : / Sorry.

Caeli

Is there a way, possibly, to have "newly-replied-to-topics" in the bookmarks have a highlight (like the notifications) when it is unread, rather than the tiny "new" thingie? =/ I preferred the highlight, it was easier to pick out topics on my list I hadn't replied to.

If it's not possible, then it's totally fine :) I'm just nitpicking.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

Theme stuff is lower on my priority list >_>

Caeli

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 08:22:31 PM
Theme stuff is lower on my priority list >_>

If it's a theme, then whatever. :) I was just wondering.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ