Disney Legends - Recruitment Thread

Started by TheBlackThrone, February 10, 2017, 06:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

In this role play, we will be taking classic Disney characters and placing them in a world much like our own. The only difference - they will either be super heroes or super villains. Every Disney character ever created will have a cameo in this world mostly as NPCs or actual characters. All characters except those from these specific categories: Star Wars, Marvel, and Kingdom Hearts are playable. Why? Because if you want to role play in a Star Wars game, then take your pick there are many. If you want to role play in a Marvel game, then take your pick, there are also many. Those universes also tend to not mix well with the Classic Disney universe. You can use hero/villain archetypes from either Marvel or DC as a basis for your character just try to avoid making a clone. It is rather difficult to make a clone, but people have done the impossible many times over.

Players will start off only allowed to make ONE hero and ONE villain. I may potentially allow players to adopt more characters but that will be it for the starter of this game. I would like for this game to kick-off first and enter a sustainable RP rhythm. Other subjects permitted in this game are:

• LGBTQ
  • Gender-bend
  • Freeform
  • Sandbox

The world that this game takes place in is called Fantasia. The level of technology is similar to our world's if not slightly more advanced to permit cyborgs, aircraft warships, alien invasions, etc. Just imagine your typical comic book setting. Disney City, just like most comic book settings, resides in fictional New York in the United States. Your character does not have to have been born, raised, or originated there, but Disney City will be the main setting of the game. Why your character is working, living, going to school, etc. in Disney City is the story you will be building on. Another reason why this universe is different from the usual universe is because the environment reacts to evil. You know those ominous storms that usually hover over evil lairs and just places of evil? It happens in this world. You know whenever some beautiful Disney princess decides to wake up from a good night sleep and start singing and the animals gather and the flowers grow out of nowhere, yep, it can happen here. You know when people just are having a freakin' awesome day that they just want to break out in random song? It happens here! It's freakin' normal!!! Now you know why the villains can be so angry some times because that shit gets old!

In this game, Disney princes and princesses are capable of reaching Omega-level power. Supervillains often target princes and princesses to exploit their power, but they are mostly targeted in their unawakened states. A prince or princess may not even know he or she is a prince or princess if he or she never becomes aware of his or her powers or accepts that he or she is different. There are many Disney princes and princesses and such is why we have many super heroes in this game. If you want to know if the character you have chosen is a prince or princess, then let the GM know. They will mostly be main characters. If you choose not to pick a main character as your character, then they can still possess super powers just not to the magnitude of an actual Disney prince or princess.

Players are not obligated to reenact Disney movies in this game. The Prince does not have to marry or be in a relationship with Cinderella. Beauty does not have to be in love with Beast. You can twist their backgrounds and start them as young or old. This is our world. However, you cannot character assassinate another character. What I mean by this is if you choose to create your own story for your Disney character, then you cannot mention other potential Disney characters in his or her story. If another player chooses to adopt that character, then that player will not want to feel restricted to have to follow what you wrote for his or her character. It just wouldn't be fair.

During the recruitment process, I encourage character plotting and pairing if you DO intend to have your character reenact a love story or be in love with the same character they were in love with in the movies.

If you plan to make your own story, then there are other means for character interaction: coworkers, roommates, partners in a job, classmates, etc. Look at what each person brings to the table and try to place your character in a similar setting for easy interaction.

For those characters who are aware of their powers/prince-princesshood, with the lives of unawakened potential princes and princesses being threatened by villains, they may opt to create a league or sanctuary for these unawakened prospects. The League can be employed to protect the world and to take in novice heroes (or orphaned heroes). Whoever wishes to have their characters be founders of the League, just let me know. You all will be responsible for the League's name, HQ, and if there are any rules or creeds that must be followed.

Now, the reason why villains always want to seek out and destroy heroes and heroines is different with every villain. Sometimes they're psychopaths, sometimes they're just disgruntled, sometimes they are actually worth sympathizing with. Every villain has a different reason for why he or she hates someone. A lot of times it may not even be hate but pure greed. Villain players must give their villain/villainess a goal and that goal will be their guide to commit evil. Maybe they want ever-lasting youth/immortality and know that the blood or life force of a prince/princess will give it to him or her? Maybe they were just scorned in high school and just never let the grudge go? Maybe they're possessed by demons? Who knows the reason, make it up and go! Go and spread madness! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!

Most villains are aware of their powers and already know how they can use them to suit their diabolical needs. Most are aware before princes/princesses are aware of theirs, and thus why they are a threat! Villains usually find it difficult to work together, but if they ever manage to cooperate to do so (without backstabbing each other), then they, too, can create a league for the corruption of princes and princesses.

Let me start off by listing the banned powers:

• Time Manipulation of any sort
  • Reality warping
  • Organic molecular manipulation
  • Cosmic powers
  • Made-up BS powers
  • Matter manipulation

If you are searching for suitable powers for your character, then please reference this site: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

That site is a good reference because it not only gives you a free definition for an ability or many to build off of, but it also gives you the limitation/weakness for those abilities. Weaknesses and limitations are often a category players want to avoid when making their characters, but weaknesses/limitations build character and make the character believable. Mary Sue and her husband Gary are not allowed here.

[code][b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Franchsise:[/b] What Disney movie or Disney show do they hail from?
[b]Hero/Villain Name:[/b] This is like if you want to give your character a super hero or super villain code name, alias, nom de guerre, etc.
[b]Age:[/b] If you’re playing an immortal character or demi-god, then just put Eternal. Or you can put an age that they closely resemble.
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Heterosexual (Straight), Homosexual, Bisexual, Lesbian, or Transexual. Or whatever sexual you want to list lol.
[b]Occupation:[/b] When your character isn’t playing super hero or villain what does he or she do as a normal job? Grocer, Construction Worker, College Student, Famous Singer, Super Model, etc.
[b]Visual Description:[/b] This is where you put links to character pics. You can use digital art, face claims of celebrities to better illustrate your idea, etc. If you plan to put erotic photos please put it in a spoiler and label it as “NSFW” Not Safe For Work so nobody clicks it on accident.
[b]Written Description:[/b] This is where you go into detail: scars, tattoos, highlights, bionic implants, build, etc.
[b]Personality:[/b] Just a general personality. Please make it believable. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus.
[b]Character Story:[/b] If you don’t want to follow the story exactly, then this is where you write your version of what happened. Remember you’re not allowed to character assassinate other characters and if someone does take a character from the same movie, then you may have to alter this section a little.
[b]Weapons:[/b] If your character has a primary weapon or an assortment of weapons, then they all must be written here. You are not allowed to pull weapons out of your ass. It would just be ridiculous.
[b]Super Powers:[/b] You need to set your character to a theme and stick with it. Your characters should not have five different abilities such as: Energy Absorption, Psychokinesis, Magic, Shapeshifting, Alchemy, he or she is a robot all on top of this. If I see “bullshit”, then I will call it.
[b]Transport:[/b] If your character has a ride (vehicle, aircraft, boat, steed, etc.). If they don’t, then don’t worry about this section.
[b]Pets:[/b] If your character has familiars or pets.
[b]Extra:[/b] Is there any other information that we should all know?
[b]Friends:[/b] This is where you can list possible in-game friends. I would leave this blank for now until we get enough people to start plotting with.
[b]Rivals:[/b] These aren’t necessarily enemies or villains. Another hero can be a rival. Whoever you believe would be your character’s rival.
[b]Enemies:[/b] These are straight up villains that your character is familiar with and has a past duking it out with.

1. Activity. If you go inactive and 14 days go by, then I will send you a PM. If 30 days go by, then I will drop you from the game.
2. Communication. Please communicate with the GM and your writing partners. Do not just DO things without planning them out first, especially if it involves fighting or laying hands on another character. It is highly offensive to some people if a writer tries to control the actions of other characters. We do not allow this in the game. You need to be patient and calmly wait and see the verdict like everyone else.
3. Posting Speed. If you are writing with someone and that person hasn’t responded at the speed you want, do not just skip him or her. There is no hurry. Take your time. I assure you that it will be worth the wait.
4. No means No. I’m a fair GM. When I say “No,” it’s not due to my personal interests. I say “No” based on if the idea will affect the plot or story. So if I say no, don’t get angry just come up with another idea.
5. Courtesy. A player may see a character that they wanted to play taken. If this happens, you can kindly ask that player if he or she would like to give him or her up. If that player says “No,” then same as above. No means No.
6. Creative Effort. Make a creative effort to write clear, descriptive, and with proper grammar. You may be writing with other writers on various creative writing levels. Nothing is more insulting and muse-killing than a poorly-written post that looks like you barely put any effort in it. If your muse isn’t strong, don’t post. Just wait and take your time. Wait for the right moment or end the plot and write with someone else. Believe me, it's better than having your muse destroyed.

This section is for questions not answered in this introduction. You will find a list of answered questions here that can be referenced in the case you may have had a similar question.

Empyrean - Hero: Ariel✔ Villain: Belle✔
Mathim - Hero: Wreck-It Ralph✔ Villain: --
TheBlackThrone - Hero: Kim Possible✔ Villain: Hades✔
Yurie - Hero: Maleficent Villain: --
la dame en noir - Hero: Nala Villain: --
WhatLiesAbove - Hero: Tinkerbell✔ Villain:  --
Mellific - Hero: -- Villain: Cruella De Vil✔
sweets - Hero: Bianca (The Rescuers)✔ Villain: Calypso
Sun Wukong - Hero: -- Villain: Oogie Boogie
That One Dingus - Hero: Kronk✔ Villain: --

Cruella De Vil - Villain - Mellific
Tinkerbell - Hero - WhatLiesAbove
Kim Possible - Hero / Hades - Villain - TheBlackThrone
Ariel - Hero / Belle - Villain - Empyrean
Bianca - Hero - sweets
Wreck-It Ralph - Hero - Mathim
Kronk - Hero - That One Dingus

OOC

Character Thread

IC

GM mention: I recommend players to post their CSes in this recruitment thread. The reason why is because it allows other players to see who you are working on, and if they are interested in making a character in relation to your character's story/background, etc. Then bam! Easy interaction. It also allows browsing players to see that there is active interest in this game. So please, post your CSes in the thread. If there is anything wrong with it, then I will respectfully approach you in PMs so that no one is putting you on blast. If your CS is good/green, then I will let you know that you are approved. As you are going through the CS process, be sure to plot with other potential players.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Empyrean

I'll mark my interest. That image of Ariel as the Scarlet Witch sparked an idea for a hero. The vague idea is that Ariel is Princess of Atlantis. Or maybe Queen. I'd have to develop it some.

As for a villain: Could I rework Elsa as a villainess? I seem to recall reading that's what Disney was going for at first until they heard the Let It Go song and revamped the whole movie. If not, I think I could do something with Ursula.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Empyrean on February 10, 2017, 11:04:49 PM
I'll mark my interest. That image of Ariel as the Scarlet Witch sparked an idea for a hero. The vague idea is that Ariel is Princess of Atlantis. Or maybe Queen. I'd have to develop it some.

As for a villain: Could I rework Elsa as a villainess? I seem to recall reading that's what Disney was going for at first until they heard the Let It Go song and revamped the whole movie. If not, I think I could do something with Ursula.
But Kida is the Princess/Queen of Atlantis! D:
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Mathim

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 10, 2017, 11:09:20 PM

I thought that was Mera...oh wait, that's not Marvel, that's DC. LOL.

This sounds fun, like my Avengers Grimm game only with a Disney-specific bent.

I'd have a hard time topping a perverted Sorcerer Jafar for a villain...I need to watch the movie again to get a feel for the extent of his powers. Or would he be too much after being empowered by the Genie? I could try to work with the pre-lamp version of him. Mind control at the very least would be his forte, and something to do with disguises and of course fighting with a staff, and perhaps some snake-related magic too.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Empyrean on February 10, 2017, 11:04:49 PM

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 10, 2017, 11:09:20 PM

Trying to decide on a character was difficult for me too. There was a Disney movie called "Atlantis: The Lost Empire," and in that movie Kida Nedakh was a Atlantean princess similar to Ariel. Easily, there can be more than one kingdom in Atlantis to deconflict anyone wanting to play either Ariel or Kida. As for Elsa, since you're the first to lay dibs on her, then you can make her however you want. Even heroines can be made villains in this game or vice versa. I expect their back stories to explain it though.

Quote from: Mathim on February 10, 2017, 11:24:17 PM
I thought that was Mera...oh wait, that's not Marvel, that's DC. LOL.

This sounds fun, like my Avengers Grimm game only with a Disney-specific bent.

I'd have a hard time topping a perverted Sorcerer Jafar for a villain...I need to watch the movie again to get a feel for the extent of his powers. Or would he be too much after being empowered by the Genie? I could try to work with the pre-lamp version of him. Mind control at the very least would be his forte, and something to do with disguises and of course fighting with a staff, and perhaps some snake-related magic too.

Try not to claim another character for the sole purpose of making them a weapon or utility. Genie is a potentially playable character that anyone can accept or even gender-bend.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I think I finally decided on a character. I'm going to RP a female in this one. Kim Possible. I'll make her a little Black Widow-y.  ;D
The gates are open

Yurie

I do have an idea for playing a heroic Maleficent (not the live action version, but the animated version) as a John Constantine-meets-Doctor Strange sort of character, if that's alright with you.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Yurie on February 11, 2017, 05:30:23 PM
I do have an idea for playing a heroic Maleficent (not the live action version, but the animated version) as a John Constantine-meets-Doctor Strange sort of character, if that's alright with you.

Just know that she won't be considered a princess. Neither is Kim Possible.
The gates are open

Yurie

That's fine. Though if you'd prefer me playing a princess, I do have an idea for Rapunzel.

TheBlackThrone

All right; so this is what I got:

Kim Possible - Agent of DAGGER - Hero

DAGGER is going to be the equivalent of SHIELD in this game. So if anyone would like their character to be a part of it, then by all means. I want there to be only 1 SHIELD-type organization and not six or 10 or how many there would be because so many people wanted to do their own thing.

Hades - Mafia Boss/Crime Lord in the Disney City "Underworld" - Villain

I had to battle between Hades or Scar on this one. Very big internal battle and Hades came out on top.

I'm going to change the setting of Disney City from fictional New York City to fictional Washington D.C. or maybe a hybrid of both. It all works. There will be embassies, agencies, very important places all collected within this mega city.  ;D

I'll get their CSes going as soon as I get a moment to sit down.

Let me add that I'm very much interested in a forbidden romance between Hades and a super heroine. Like, maybe they are both keeping it a secret from other heroes and villains. There's something about Hades being at work and randomly in the middle of a meeting, his secret lover is sending naughty pics to his phone. And then he has to continue sitting there with a straight face, while secretly cycling through them under the table.  ;D I just love the naughty business. But yeah, let me know if anyone would be interested in that.
The gates are open

la dame en noir

I wanna submit a reservation - but I don't know which princess/villain/queen/prince to pick! D:

Would a human version of an animal character be okay?
A&A | FxF |

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 12, 2017, 01:56:35 AM
I wanna submit a reservation - but I don't know which princess/villain/queen/prince to pick! D:

Would a human version of an animal character be okay?

Of course!
The gates are open

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

TheBlackThrone

Face Claim: N/A
Character Name: Kimberly "Kim" Ann Possible
Franchsise: Kim Possible
Hero Name:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Sexuality: Bi-Curious

Written Description: Kim is a petite woman of average height with an athletic build. She has long, fiery-red hair that she doesn’t allow to grow passed her shoulder blades and large, beautiful green eyes. She wears minimal makeup maybe mascara and eyeliner and her shapely-brows hint that she gets them done on a regular basis. She has a warm and creamy complexion, pink bowed lips, C-cup breasts, and a bottom that makes yoga pants look good.

Kim’s hero outfit is a black, polyfiber zip-up top that’s sturdy enough to absorb most small-arm fire like Kevlar and elastic enough to allow her full range of motion. She wears matching black cargo-style pants with numerous compartments where she can keep gadgets and other devices. A utility belt is fastened about her hips and she wears black, fingerless gloves. The knuckles of the gloves are reinforced and are capable of releasing concussive blasts of kinetic energy. She uses this force to give even super villains a black eye. The same technology is built into her combat boots. When working, she will braid her red hair and twist it into a cinnamon roll bun behind her head.

Personality: Kim, as much as she comes off as being a girly-girl when she’s not in uniform, she is actually a tom boy. Growing up, she tried to participate in feminine sports such as cheerleading to escape the teasing of her male friends, and although the teasing stopped (because they started falling in love with her instead), cheerleading was just never truly her thing. She loved getting down and dirty, challenging her body and mind, which was why she excelled in martial arts. She enjoyed reading her opponent. It was always like a game of chess.

Kim tends to naturally have more guy friends than girlfriends because most girls find her to be too much of a tom boy for their tastes. She doesn’t mind showing her girl-side, gossiping about attractive men, flirting, and talking about hair salons and pedi-mani spas, but she’ll just as easily go on a tangent about why she feels Ruger P89s are better than Beretta M9s.

The redhead is strong-willed and doesn’t stand for disrespect or to be belittled. She will either be treated equally or she will exclude herself from the business or conversation. It may explain why she’s been single for a while. Guys just don’t get it. Not all women are weak and they aren’t all sluts desiring one-night-stands—at least she isn’t. She’s a real woman.

Character Story: Kim grew up a privileged and beautiful redhead. She was the daughter of James and Ann Possible two agents who worked for counterterrorism and supernatural law enforcement agency DAGGER. She is the oldest in the family with two twin brothers Jim and Tim or the “Tweebs” as she likes to call them. She grew up like any average girl in Disney City would. She went to school, participated in sports, and even dated a few times here and there. Her life was normal as far as she could perceive. She never saw the assassins that broke into the Possible home attempting to kill James and Ann. She would go on a field trip never knowing that her parents rigged the house with booby traps when they were all away and that an arms room and strategical laboratory existed under the house.

It wasn’t until high school that her parents started to notice her interests turn from cheerleading to martial arts. While it made the agents paranoid, it was James who noticed that his daughter had a gift. James hired a mentor for Kim who was actually a fellow secret agent in DAGGER to train his daughter. There was nothing wrong with Kim being able to defend herself from enemies. When Kim wound up eventually besting her mentor, James—against Ann’s protests—felt it necessary to introduce Kim to DAGGER. Her career was thus set for her right after high school. She became an agent of DAGGER, and took the positions her parents once occupied. James was now the Director of DAGGER and her mother Assistant Director. While other agents often felt that Kim didn’t “deserve” the position of top agent and that it was instead given to her because of the sole fact of being a Possible, Kim proves time and time again that they’re all wrong.

Kim currently is considering attending Disney University, while also, recruiting new potential for DAGGER.

Weapons: Kinetic Fists & Boots: Kim’s gloves and boots are capable of releasing kinetic force to propel her swiftly forward at 45 mph, make abrupt stops or sudden changes in direction. She can use the force generation to amplify strikes from her fists and feet, putting her on par with most street-level heroes.

Super Powers: Adoptive Muscle Memory Kim has the power to replicate movement after observation. She can memorize the fighting techniques of others and replicate them. She can also innovate and tailor the techniques she learns to better suit her style, and thus create a new and unique martial art. This power has led her to become one of the top agents of DAGGER. She can copy any movement/action after seeing it performed once, including acrobatics, martial arts and other physical stunts. With these skills, she has the potential to become a master by combining the forms and movements she’s learned. She can use this skill to memorize weapon techniques; however, she would have to see the techniques performed in order to copy them. If she hasn’t used a certain technique in a long time, then she’ll forget it and remember only what she frequently uses.

Transport: V-Rod
Pets: None.
Extra: Kim's mother and father, James and Ann Possible are Director and Assistant Director of DAGGER.
Friends: Open
Rivals: Open
Enemies: Open
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Face Claim: Hakan Akbulut

Character Name: Dante Romano
Franchise: Hercules
Villain Name: Hades
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 212 lbs.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Occupation: Mafia Boss and self-proclaimed crime lord of the Disney City Underworld, a section of the city known for its crime.

Written Description: Dante dedicates a lot of his time into self-grooming and making sure to always look immaculate in a suit. He is a boss and so he believes he should look and dress like one. He keeps in shape, making sure to only consume things that benefit his godly physique. No one can deny that he is a beautiful man, but his temper is atrocious. There is a cold, chilly charismatic air about him. His pride can practically be felt carried high on his shoulders as he seems to look down on everyone else. When others do business with him, they may just wonder if a man is still who they’re doing business with. Another interesting quality about him is that there isn’t a single scar, mole, tattoo or mark on his body.

Personality: Dante is full of himself. He is a powerful man. He knows he’s a powerful man. He is aware of every connection he has in the government and law enforcement of the city. He is the rotten core of the Underworld apple and he spoils any competition that dare try to take his throne. Business is business and he doesn’t care how many lives he ruins, how wrong his actions are, or how toxic he is to the overall development of the city. His reasoning is humans are humans and there will always be those ones who are just as bad as he is. Why should he deny them business? How is it that he is still in business? It is because humans. Are. Profit.

While his business may be dark and disgusting, Dante does carry a black charm personality. He is dangerous and yet some may find themselves unable to keep away. He likes to pull strings, manipulate others, and get everything and anything he desires. He doesn’t believe that there exists a thing out there he couldn’t get.

Dante has a short temper. While it doesn’t always spawn from being insulted, it is mostly seen when his henchmen screw up or when he is outwitted. If he puts his heart into a mission, plot, or even a relationship, he doesn’t take well to failure or rejection. His temper is extremely violent and occurs in fiery bouts. It sometimes take all of his willpower to control, and his willpower is very low for he finds his outbursts therapeutic at times. Other times, Dante can be quite the witty bastard.

Character Story: Hades is secretly a god living in a mortal shell. His mortal guise is named Dante Romano. Since he decided to occupy a human, he noticed that his powers have been greatly decreased. While his power is still great, it is nowhere near god-level as it once was. His mortal shell also can’t handle his god-like temper that flares up every now and then. Hades took the weak and pathetic man and built him into a pseudo-god. Under the nose of Hercules and other goody-goody gods like him, Hades rules two Underworlds now and he finds the living to be more enjoyable than the dead. As Dante, Hades runs the Romano Mafia. Every now and then his territory is contested by some villain trying to take it over or some heroic vigilante trying to “clean up the streets.” Heroes should stay off his streets if they know what’s good for them.

Lately, Dante faces more drama from other competing gangs rather than heroes. The gang wars are the only entertainment he has, besides the entertainment he can get with money. Dante plans to rule the Underworld until his territory spreads to consume all of Disney City or until some usurper manages to take his throne.

Weapons:

• 17 Round - Glock 17: When he doesn't like using his powers, then Dante will resort to using this weapon for intimidation purposes. He doesn't really need it but it makes him appear more human.
  • Switchblade: He often twirls this weapon when he's bored or use it to pick at his nails.

Super Powers:

Fire Manipulation and Generation: Dante can generate fire from his very being. He is immune to being burned by any flame whether cosmic or nuclear—holy is another story. He can create, shape, and manipulate the element. He can combust, release heat, light (caused by fire), and control the flames intensity. He can release his power in a deadly explosion that can reduce the interior of a building into a scorching inferno. He can incinerate most beings if they are not somehow immune to the heat and pressure caused by his flames. He can use his flames to consume all oxygen in an area, forcing enemies to suffocate.

Pyrokinetic Flight: Dante can fly, glide and/or levitate through the manipulation of fire. He can fly at varying speeds, levitate, or propel himself without taking flight, including enhanced jumping by a short burst of flight.

Smoke Manipulation and Generation: Dante can become smoke and move around to fit through any crack, crease, or seam—any place where air can slip through. He can use the abilities to move around undetected, set off fire alarms, and suffocate enemies. As a gas, Dante is invulnerable to physical assaults.

Transport:

Audi R8: For showing off.

Rolls Royce: For business.

Pets: Cerberus: Dante's mutant doberman and guard dog. The dog is vicious, but obedient to Dante and anyone the creature deems is deserving of respect. Usually, the devil dog doesn't like anyone. Or is it dogs? Each of its heads likes to chow down on meat and kibble.

Extra: Dante is open for business with any villain. I also would like for him to have a relationship. So if you're interested, let me know.  ;)
Friends: Open
Enemies: Open
The gates are open

Mellific

Although I do not have the time to work on CS's today, I am very interested in playing a hero, and a villain. This game is such a unique and interesting concept, TBT, I'm really pumped about it, to be honest, and I don't ever play superhero/villain games.

I will take some time to think about which characters I'll be using, then let you know once I've made up my mind, lol. There's just so many to choose from!

O/O | A/A | MM

WhatLiesAbove

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mellific on February 12, 2017, 11:24:47 AM
Although I do not have the time to work on CS's today, I am very interested in playing a hero, and a villain. This game is such a unique and interesting concept, TBT, I'm really pumped about it, to be honest, and I don't ever play superhero/villain games.

I will take some time to think about which characters I'll be using, then let you know once I've made up my mind, lol. There's just so many to choose from!

Lol Take your time. It took me 3 days to come up with characters.

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on February 12, 2017, 12:39:39 PM
Can I call dibs on Tinkerbell?

Sure. I'm going to assume you intend for her to be a hero?
The gates are open

Mellific

I'd like to reserve Cruella Deville for (obviously) a villain.

Face-claim is Miss Loulou.

Still contemplating a hero.

O/O | A/A | MM

WhatLiesAbove

WhatLiesAbove

I swear I was going to make a CS today, but the morning got away from me. It's coming though!

Empyrean

Empyrean

Character Name: Queen Ariel of Atlantis
Franchise: The Little Mermaid
Hero/Villain Name: Sirenea (Atlantean for songstress)
Height: 5'7" (when in full human form)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Sexuality: Bicurious
Occupation: Queen of Atlantis, Empress of the Oceans, Ambassador to the Land-Dwellers
Visual Description: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30600000/Ariel-disney-princess-30631860-1032-774.jpg  http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33700000/Ariel-disney-princess-33799231-1024-768.jpg  http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23900000/Princess-Ariel-disney-princess-23915796-1440-900.png
Written Description: Ariel has two forms. In her true form she appears as a beautiful human woman from the waist up, with a head of flowing red hair and bright green eyes. From the waist down she has the green-scaled tail of a fish, which ends in transparent fins. Her other form is fully human. She can only maintain human form so long as she does not get wet. Once wet, she reverts to mermaid form until she dries out.
Personality: Ariel tries to be friendly, charming, and caring. But she's hampered by the fact that she's both an introvert by nature, and the circumstances of her life have driven her towards considering what others can do for her and her people first and foremost.

Character Story: Ariel was born as the youngest child of Triton, King of Atlantis and Ruler of the Seas. Triton had no sons but seven daughters and he doted on them all a great deal. Partly because he loved them, and partly because they reminded him of his dear, departed wife, Queen Amphitrite. She died giving birth to Ariel so Triton always had a extra helping of love and affection for his baby girl. What the young Ariel didn't realize was that this made her a target.

Ariel's six older sisters were all intensely competitive. They constantly schemed to attract their father's favor, knowing that he would have to appoint one of them as his heiress. This struggle had been going on long before Ariel was born, of course. Triton had had many years of rule, and was still strong in his old age, but his daughters all knew that one day the old man would pass. The birth of this newcomer and their father's favor for her threatened some long-standing schemes and plots. Ariel's oldest sister, Calliope, had the strongest support base among the people and with the military. When Triton showed no signs of dying soon, or naming her as heiress, Calliope decided that if her father would not relinquish the throne, she'd just have to take it. She spent years building a following among the military and when Ariel was eight, she struck. The coup was swift and bloody. All of Ariel's older sisters were killed that night. Triton died fighting his eldest daughter (helped along by a cocktail of poisons slipped into his dinner that night). Calliope proclaimed herself Queen of Atlantis and, as her first decree, declared war on the surface world (a promise to her military supporters, who had been against Triton's plans to normalize relations with the surface). Ariel witnessed the slaughter, but was spared the fate of her older sisters. Her childhood friend Flounder and the King's advisor, Sebastian, got her out of the palace via a secret exit before Calliope's troops could kill her. Sebastian took her to a remote grotto.

Ariel lived in that grotto for the next six years. Flounder would bring her food and news from Atlantis. Sebastian stood guard. Calliope's hunts for her little sister never ceased, even as she wreaked havoc on the surface world's shipping and coastal regions. Sebastian would occasionally leave for a time, and when he returned it would be with books or scrolls he spirited away from Atlantis. From them, Ariel learned the combat arts of the Atlantean guard. Sebastian also, occasionally, brought others with him. Men and women who were dissatisfied under Calliope's increasingly iron-fisted rule. People willing to fight the tyrannical regime. Some of them were guards or military who found that they weren't as free under Calliope as she had promised. Ariel and her followers trained with them, building the core of a guerilla resistance movement. Everything changed when Ariel was fourteen. That was the year their base was revealed to Calliope by a traitor, and they had to flee in the middle of a swimming firefight.

Ariel and her people were on the run for the next five years, moving from one abandoned shipwreck or deserted grotto to another. They'd stay for a time, then move on when the troops closed in. Ariel discovered two things about herself during this time. The first was personal. Her singing had always been a talent she took pride in. When she was in Atlantis, her father had planned to enroll her in the most prestigious musical academy of the realm when she turned ten. As she reached puberty though, she discovered that her voice could be used for so many things. Songs that inspired. Shouts that shattered coral and metal. A voice that could create pressure that shifted the waves. It was all new and fascinating, and she explored this as she could. The second thing was that her followers increasingly looked to her as a viable alternative to the Tyrant Queen. She tried to mold herself to their expectations. She studied tactics and strategy, psychology and other social sciences. All to learn how to best utilize her people, how to win hearts and minds, and how to be willing to make sacrifices when she needed to. Finally, she felt she was ready.

Half a year ago, she and her forces stormed the capital of Atlantis. The attack was timed with uprisings  in the other cities and provinces of the realm. City-wide block-to-block fighting rocked the capital to its core, but Ariel, along with Flounder, Sebastian, and a small crack team of commandos, made their way to the Palace. Ariel confronted her power-mad sister in the throne room and fought a duel to the death with her. The battle took all day but when it was done, Ariel took the Crown of Atlantis from her sister's lifeless corpse and seated herself on the throne. Her forces had (with help from the citizens) overpowered and defeated Calliope's troops. Following the bloody purge of Calliope's loyalists, Ariel set to the task of rebuilding Atlantis and building peaceful relations with the surface that Calliope had so badly damaged.

Weapons: The Trident of Atlantis. A six-foot trident made of solid orichalcum (a rare magical gold harder and sharper than most metals). The rulers of Atlantis have used this trident since the kingdom's founding to enhance their magical powers and as a weapon. Ariel has not been trained in Atlantean magic, and therefore only has the following abilities with the Trident:

Energy Blasts: The trident can release powerful, destructive energy beams from its' prongs.
Limited Telekinesis: The trident exerts a magic that can lift and move objects at range. While King Triton and Queen Calliope could lift thousands of tons with it (and do many more things as well), Ariel has only figured out how to lift approximately twenty tons with the Trident.
Limited Shapeshifting: Ariel taps the magic of the Trident to switch from mermaid to human form and back again. Without it she would be a mermaid all the time.

Coral Sword. Ariel carries a sword of magically hardened coral. The blade is twice as durable and sharp as steel.

Orichalcum Armor: Ariel had a form-fitting armor and crowned helmet made for her out of orichalcum.

Super Powers: Atlantean Physiology: Atlanteans have bodies designed to survive the crushing pressure of the deep seas. This makes her skin and musculature many times more dense than a human's, providing thirty times the strength and durability of a human. Her fish-like lower half is streamlined for speedy swimming in the depths, and her eyes and ears are adapted to sight in the lightless murk, as well a far greater range of hearing than most humans.

Enhanced Vision: Infrared vision, Nightvision, and Ultraviolet Vision. Like all Atlanteans Ariel is capable of great perception in the deep-sea gloom.

Sonokinesis (Sound Manipulation): Ariel's greatest powers involve her voice and the manipulation of sound. Some examples follow.

Sonic Blasts: Ariel can emit powerful blasts from her mouth that can shatter stone and metal, or flesh and bone. Her blasts can be emitted in all directions at once, can emerge as sonic missiles that she can shape by will, and can reflect off surfaces. Her blasts can be explosive in their power, destroying things with raw concussive force. She can emit sonic booms at will, can slice through solid objects with her screams, and unleash tremendous wave-motion blasts that have the force of a nuclear explosion, all with her voice.

Sonokinetic Flight: By emitting and manipulating sound waves, Ariel can fly at speeds of several hundred miles an hour. This power also allows her to propel herself through the water at the same enhanced rate.

Enhanced Lung Capacity: Ariel can hold her breath for extended periods of time, several hours on end. Her enhanced lung capacity also helps her project her voice and sonic powers over far greater range than a normal human or Atlantean, up to several miles at once. Her lungs also have the capacity to remain filled with air at all times, even when exercising her powers.

Echolocation: Ariel can use her voice to emit sonic pulses that let her see even in total darkness.

Enhanced Hearing and Protecting Hearing: Ariel is immune to her own sonic powers, and can hear over a distance of several miles.

Voice Manipulation: Ariel can manipulate her vocal chords to mimic any sound or other person she's ever heard. She can emit hypnotic subharmonics through her voice, making her a compelling and persuasive speaker. She can emit any tone or pitch with her voice. She also has perfect pitch as a singer and speaker.

Siren Song: Ariel possesses an incredible. enchanted singing voice that can lure people to her as a irresistible effect.

Rhythm Intuition: Ariel instinctively understands the rhythm and fluctuation of soundwaves.

Counter Vibrations: In conjunction with her rhythm intuition, Ariel can produce counter notes and vibrations to any frequency she can hear.

Sound Aura Ariel can emit a piercing, vibratory aura around herself with her voice, which functions as a protective shield against missiles and direct physical attacks.

Transport: The Royal Current. A deep-sea submarine warship created by Calliope and outfitted with a flying module for a planned assault on the surface world that never happened.
Pets: Proteus. A blue-ringed squid.
Extra: None
Friends: Flounder, Sebastian, Open (possibly Kim Possible?)
Enemies: Open (possibly including remnants of her sister's regime)

TheBlackThrone

Everything looks good so far. When I get home, I'll go through the song list.
The gates are open

Mellific

Faceclaim: Miss Loulou
Character Name: Cruella De Vil
Franchsise: 101 Dalmatians
Hero/Villain Name: No alias
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Visual Description: Cruella's preferred color scheme consists of black and white. She often wears black and white clothing, and usually has her hair dyed either white or black. She often prefers to be seen in vintage, corset style clothing, though she isn't limited to just that. Cruella appears even younger than most recall, which is due to a specific blend of potions that not only kept her young, they also reversed the aging process.
Written Description: Her stature is average, though her curves are quintessential. She displays a perfectly plump hourglass, lush lips, and smoldering, gray eyes.
Personality: Cruella is known for being somewhat cruel and slightly evil. She has a certain charm about her, which beguiles some people into believing that she's simply playful and teasing. In some instances, that might be true. Though, her main drives in life revolve around fortune and fashion. Cruella is the sort of woman who ensnares men within her tangled web and enjoys leaving them there for as long as possible. Something about her is oddly seductive and alluring, a talent she uses to her advantage, and often. She respects other villains, as long as they do not step on her toes. However, she prefers to be the happiest person in the room, which means she finds princesses intolerable.
Character Story: In the story of 101 Dalmatians, Cruella was a schoolmate of Anita Radcliffe, who had recently married Roger. Their dalmatians had produced a large liter of pups, and once Cruella got word, she stopped by and offered to buy the whole liter. When she was refused, she threatened to get even with the Radcliffe's, hired two goons to collect as many dalmatian puppies as possible, and steal the puppies from the Radcliffe's, when they weren't home. Her plan had almost worked - that being, the plan to capture enough puppies to make a black and white, spotted, fur coat. However, the puppies parents stole them back and thwarted Cruella's plans. Afterward, she sought to exact revenge on the Radcliffe's, and in time, she did just that. However, over the years, her priorities started to change. She realized how old she was looking, and decided to focus her attention on reversing her aging process, and maintaining youthfulness for as long as possible. Using her fortune and influence to her advantage, she tracked down a few witches who enchanted her with abilities that would grant her the ability to leech off of others. In her shape-shifting forms, she could suck the blood from victims, which would shift their youth to her. The powers came with consequences, however, and if Cruella doesn't collect enough blood, then she will slowly start to perish and wither.
Weapons: J, Cruella's chauffeur, is also her bodyguard. Though he is a mere human and has no supernatural abilities, he is skilled and proficient at protecting Cruella. He carries a Colt Python revolver on him at all times and is considered an expert sharpshooter. Currently, he is in the process of training Cruella on how to use a gun, as well as a dagger.
Super Powers:

• Shapeshifting - Cruella can take the form of a black bat, as well as a black widow spider. In these forms, her other powers are rendered useless, save for teleportation. She can take on the abilities of either animal, while occupying that form. For instance, as a bat, she can fly, but is limited to only doing so at night. As a spider, she has a venomous bite.
  • Teleportation - Cruella can teleport at will, causing herself to disappear in an instant, only to reappear elsewhere. The limitation to this power, though, is that she cannot teleport anywhere beyond her field of vision. For instance, if she is contained in a room and cannot see an exit, Cruella cannot simply teleport herself out of said room.
  • Ear-splitting Shriek - Cruella has the ability to shriek in such a deafening pitch, that it causes others ears to bleed temporarily, while they are afflicted with a constant tinnitus. It can also cause glass to shatter. The effects last for roughly five to ten minutes, on those who have no defense against it.
Transport: A black and white, old-fashioned, Zimmer Golden Spirit.
Pets: None
Extra: Cruella's potion involves a small portion of the blood of innocents and humans. If she does not feed in her shape-shifting forms, she becomes weaker over time and will eventually - if she goes long enough without a substantial amount of nourishment - start to age once more.
Friends: Cruella's chauffeur, who is only known as J. He wears entirely black suits along with black sunglasses and looks to be a part of the secret service. He's a man of few words, but one who listens well, and gets Cruella wherever she needs to go, as quickly as possible. (J will be an NPC)
Rivals: None... yet
Enemies: Roger and Anita Radcliffe, 101 Dalmatians

If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will.
To see her is to take a sudden chill.

She's like a spider waiting for the kill,
Look out for Cruella De Vil.

At first you think Cruella is a devil, but after time has worn away the shock,
You come to realize, you've seen her kind of eyes,
Watching you from underneath a rock.

This vampire bat, this inhuman beast, she ought to be locked up and never released.
The world was such a wholesome place until...
Cruella, Cruella De Vil.

O/O | A/A | MM