Interest Check: The Magicians RP Still accepting characters!!!

Started by El Maligno, February 05, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Maligno

Quote from: Wicked Emi on February 11, 2017, 06:23:46 PM
Player Name:Wicked Emi

-Name: Cait Flynn
-Nationality: While she is born in America, her whole family; mother, father, aunts, uncles, grandparents and beyond, are all from Ireland and is a mix of Irish and English. Cait was the first American born child in her family.

-Appearance: Cait is short at only five feet and two inches. Her body is on the slimmer side, however, with D cup breasts, wider hips, and thicker thighs, she weighs between 110-125 pounds. Depending on water weight and other natural body things. She does have some muscle as she does enjoy light jogging, swimming, and dancing. All giving her stronger legs and toned stomach. Even with this though, Cait loves her hour-glass figure and having bigger thighs and hips is fine with her. Her arms are not the strongest and somewhat thin, but not unhealthily so.

-Car:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

-Orientation: Straight

-Relationship status: Single

-Personality: Cait is caring and wants to help people, that being said, if you're an asshole to her. Expect a hell cat to put you back in your place. She is, for the most part, a very "Irish woman". While loving and motherly, she is also quick the anger and will attack, verbally or otherwise, if she feels threatened. Cait is somewhat sarcastic, she mainly means to joke around, but it can come out rather sarcastic. Also, she has a tendency to be a big flirt, even when she doesn't mean to. If something is bugging Cait, you will know it. She has no problem speaking her mind and being bluntly honest with people. Lastly, if she does actually like you. You will know. Once she actually likes someone she will tease them and use a lot of sexual innuendos.

-Power: Botanokinesis (Basically, she can manipulate plants. Think a less evil version of Poison Ivy)

Magical Classification: 1st year Nature Kid; Magician

Basic History: For the most part; Cait had a very normal life. She grew up in a normal home, her parents still in love, she had two brothers and even though they were in America, her parents kept the Irish still in them. Irish food, religion, household, ideals. Everything Irish and used almost nothing but Irish products. Which was easy since she lived in San Francisco, California. While not a TON of Irish people, they still had an Irish neighborhood. Her family used to do everything together until one day. They were all at the beach and a sneaker wave hit the beach. Bringing random wood and even a dead shark. It hit the beach hard and before the family could react, before anyone could react, the wave drew back and took the wood, the dead shark, and Cait's two brothers and a few other people for that matter.

Cait went into a spiral after that. Turning more into a "bad" girl, wearing sultry clothes, going clubbing, and generally making her life worse. While clubbing and going to parties, she witnessed even more bad things. Even a girl overdosing while everyone danced away. Which only made it worse. What finally "broke" her and made her have magical abilities was watching her best friend die from choking on her own vomit. Cait then became very lost and used sarcastic remarks and sassy attitude to cover her pain.

(Let me know if I need to change anything)

Very well put together she is going to be a great addition to our cast!

El Maligno

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on February 11, 2017, 10:29:33 PM
Player Name:Phoenixrisen

-Name:Sarah Hamilton
-Nationality: Texan

-Appearance: Sarah is five foot, six inches tall, and tends towards the curvy side, and she's very fond of her glasses, she likes to hide behind them. Her hair is long, wavy, and white blonde during the sunny months, growing out with a bit more color when the sun  is hidden away.  Sarah's eyes are a mutable grey, and tend to pick up the color of her surrounds or her clothes, when they're not hiding behind her hair.

-Car:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

-Relationship status: Single

-Personality: Sarah tends to hide a great deal, be it behind a pretty smile and almost annoying optimism, her hair, or that tree over there. That said, she's unfailingly courteous, and always willing to pitch in a hand for even the dirtiest of jobs. After all, why be nasty when she can tell you to go fuck yourself in the sweetest possible ways. For all that she's more of an introvert, Sarah is sociable enough, so long as you don't make her the center of attention.

-Power: Sarah is a healer.

Magical Classification: 1st year Healing Kid; Magician

Basic History:  Sarah grew up on a ranch in Central Texas, where she was drawn to animals when they were at their sickest, and with time and care, they always got better. The adopted daughter of Micheal and Rachel Dermot, she wanted for little, and was raised in a happy home. She started running into more issues as she grew older. Constant wonder about who her real parents were, why they didn't want her. These thoughts were only accelerated when Micheal, the only father she had ever known, had an accident when he was out with the cattle. She found him, but it was too late. There was nothing she could do. He in her arms. After that things were never quite the same, Rachel became more distant, and there were murmurs from the community that perhaps Sarah had had something to do with his death. Without her mother to shelter her, Sarah began to realize how different she actually was from the others of her peer group, and she truly began to with draw. Then came Brakebills, and a chance to start over somewhere new. Somewhere no one knew her, and no one blamed her for a death she could not stop.

(Angsty I know, but as I recall angst and tragedy are required to make the magic work... If there's anything that you would like amended, let me know.)

Looks really good! Approved and yes pain, suffering and hardship is what makes your magician stronger that will be an ongoing element. Potential is hidden within all of our Characters.

El Maligno

Quote from: Bekah Boo on February 11, 2017, 10:44:24 PM
Player Name: Bekah Boo

-Name: Juliet Denuare
-Nationality: American through and through

-Appearance: At barely 5 feet Juliet looks fragile and delicate her slim build hardly anything as it often gives her a much younger appearance than she actually is, the small whittle of her hips and bust suiting her slender frame. Dark hair cut in a medium bob length she often nervously tucks her flowing tresses behind her ears when in stress, her bright blue eyes wide and innocent like a doe as she appears meek and timid at all times.

-Car:

-Relationship status:
Single (It's complicated)

-Personality: Juliet is a very timid and withdrawn girl who is more comfortable with her face buried in a book than interacting with those around her. Not to say she isn't kind when she is engaged, more so she is very particular with her wording and can become quite unnerved if she feels she is imposing or making a fool of herself. Though once she does find those she can trust or become more comfortable around Juliet is known to be quite loyal, bending over backwards for those who mean the world to her as friendships she manages not to botch up she cherishes greatly. Usually quiet Juliet is often seen nervously twirling her hair between her fingertips, as most of her conversations are through a patches of stuttering due to her bashful nature.

-Power: Illusions, Premonitions (Only in small snippets), Memory tampering (On small scales)

Magical Classification: 1st year Illusionist

Basic History:
WIP

Looks good so far approved once i read your history! I have written with you before so i trust you not to go too crazy with the memory bits and premonitions or pm me during the game if you want whichever is easier.

El Maligno

Meet our main Antagonist....His name is

The Scourge.

All info:????????

Little will be known about The Scourge and our heros will have to work hard to discover even a sliver of data on him. The only they will find out is he is not human though he resembles one, is immensely powerful and wants to cause all known life to be swallowed in darkness.

El Maligno

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=262989.0

This is our OCC if you've been approved please post your character on here as well.

Bekah Boo

Basic History is completed now, sorry about the wait ;3

El Maligno

Quote from: Bekah Boo on February 13, 2017, 01:34:36 AM
Basic History is completed now, sorry about the wait ;3

Looks good! Go ahead and post your sheet in the occ thread! Also wicked you are approved too if i didn't say it before.

Revna

Quote from: El Maligno on February 13, 2017, 01:20:56 PM
Looks good! Go ahead and post your sheet in the occ thread! Also wicked you are approved too if i didn't say it before.
You have, I just haven't been able to be on my laptop again. Will do it today ^.^

El Maligno

I might make another character or two to help round things out and quite possibly kill one off and keep it aita surprise for your character in case they had gotten along in that short time.

Gateman

Name: Sage Walker

Nationality: American

Car: None, Sage does not have a license

Orientation: bisexual

Relationship status: Single

Personality: Sage is helpful, but uninspired. Well, that's being nice; he's lazy as hell unless he's got something to interest him. He rarely does anything that doesn't benefit or entertain him in some way, and is pragmatic in most areas of life. He seems to live his life by the mantra of Pascal's Wager: Better safe than sorry. It's suspected that this might be why his magic seems to focus on the defensive side of things. Paradoxically, while he claims to live cautiously, his short temper tends to lead to him being involved in plenty of fights, magical and mundane.

Power: As a hedge, Sage's magic is self taught, and as such a bit...chaotic. He focuses on healing and shield spells, arguing that they have the least backlash.

Magical Classification: 1st or 2nd year healing kid (equivalent); hedge mage

Basic History: Born with latent talent, but oblivious parents, Sage never really felt happy in the regular world. He felt like there was always something hiding outside his view. He spent his teen years as a whirling dervish of disruption, spending more time in trouble for delinquency, fighting, and generally being a jackass than devoting himself to his studies. He would put in just enough effort to pass, but never really seemed to excel in anything. Around age 17, he became aware of the world of magic, dropping out of school and disappearing, taking up with hedges. They occasionally spoke of this school, Brakebills, that taught magic to those with aptitude. Finally having a goal in mind, Sage began voraciously studying every spell he could get his hands on, using his affinity for healing spells to trade services with other safe houses in exchange for their spells.

Of course, there are sometimes benefits to being self taught. Healing spells can do quite a bit of harm, for instance, and you can sometimes figure out improvements on simple spells. Still, what he could eke out with the hedges wasn't enough. If he wanted to gain actual power, he needed to find a way to get into brakebills...

El Maligno

Gateman go ahead and transfer your character over to the occ! You are our first approved hedge!

El Maligno

If there is any more interest please post a sheet on here and I will pm you if any changes need to be made or if you can post it in the occ and start rping with us.

Gateman

Sorry, been under the weather a while. I'll be posting tonight in the IC

El Maligno

Gateman

Quote from: El Maligno on February 20, 2017, 06:11:31 PM
Not to worry we are just getting started

Oh I know, my wife keeps piling me to post, saying I'm late to the party

Revna

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

El Maligno

Relikai

Will another female char be too much? Currently loaded on playing males on other places @_@

El Maligno

If that is what you wish to play my good sir. I expect more people to come along so feel free.

Gateman

I hate to do it, but I think I'm gonna have to get out of this one. I'm having a horrible time concentrating on the plot, and I've been staring at it for damn near a week unable to come up with anything to write. I wish you guys the best of luck.

El Maligno

Quote from: Gateman on February 23, 2017, 05:04:39 PM
I hate to do it, but I think I'm gonna have to get out of this one. I'm having a horrible time concentrating on the plot, and I've been staring at it for damn near a week unable to come up with anything to write. I wish you guys the best of luck.

If you'd like to return later that will be fine.  Best of luck to ya.

El Maligno