Looking to start a group rp - poll - updated plots

Started by la dame en noir, November 30, 2015, 01:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Please do, Cassandra has inspired my idea a lot
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

tyr4n02r

(Your avatar is SO distracting…Anyway…)

Whenever your guys cement what you are doing, I'm in.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

I get that all the time! :3
At first I wasn't so sure if I could come up with something for the fantasy rp, but I think I have an okay concept so far.

I titled it- Pandora: Rebirth

and for Dragon Age I have it set in Antiva for those are familiar with the universe.
A&A | FxF |

tyr4n02r

Any immediate resources that come to mind?
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Landshark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age

if thats what you meant :)

Actually that one sucks. this ones better

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Thedas

la dame en noir

I need some help, because researching is hard(but I am doing it). I messaged one person about Indian and Chinese deities, but does anyone have any information on Greek, Norse, and Arabic deities? I already have Yoruba and Egyptian down.

I also managed to write a few Norse gods/goddesses down.
A&A | FxF |

Landshark

Im a freakin encyclopedia la Dame. What ya wanna know?

tyr4n02r

Not exactly but thats as good of a place to start.

I'm loosely familiar with the games, and own the tabletop manuals. I guess the question is: are there any "Ferelden 4 Dummyz" references around, or am I pretty good to start with those that I have? Im not sure how much lore you are going to go for.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Landshark

Check the second link i posted tyr4n02r. It breaks it down by location. Look at Antiva

MythicalMorpheus69

Quote from: Landshark on December 01, 2015, 12:41:37 PM
I put my vote in for DA but the fantasy was a very close second. If you wanted to you could combineany of the ideas except for maybe DA together. Gaslight Empire (just made that up) victorian era businesses vying for power to get inroads to asia and africa. COmpeteing against one another. After all...vampires get board just setting around...why not rule a country through commerce?! :P Just a thought. Anywho I really like DA, im currently playing in a table top game set shortly after the events of 1.

I really like the sound of this idea! If I may add some input to this? Maybe warewolves too? I know it sounds cliche lol but I had the idea to add onto landsharks where maybe the 2 arch enemy races both come under threat by a completely new race never before seen or heard of (maybe a mix bread of many races or something) this is not a twilight idea by the way haha! Some how these 2 races have to completely learn to work with one another at the same time as ruling their own countries ect... They could have to travel to lost lands to find specific artifacts and weapons and stuff, there could be ambushes and plots and twists, maybe even a double crossing! Or even both races could be planning a double crossing! The new race could even rule their own country and amongst the war they could use their countries to disguise their battlesby starting a human war? I dunno maybe its silly aha but you asked for an input?
Mithic....

la dame en noir

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 02, 2015, 02:08:35 PM
Not exactly but thats as good of a place to start.

I'm loosely familiar with the games, and own the tabletop manuals. I guess the question is: are there any "Ferelden 4 Dummyz" references around, or am I pretty good to start with those that I have? Im not sure how much lore you are going to go for.

There is a wiki that might help you

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Antiva

Thats usually where I go when I need more in depth research about the world of Thedas.
A&A | FxF |

tyr4n02r

Word. Going to work, but I got it open for when I get back. Let me know how character creation is going down.

So, is there two separate games?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

Quote from: Landshark on December 02, 2015, 02:08:03 PM
Im a freakin encyclopedia la Dame. What ya wanna know?

I just need deities and their abilities if they were...to ya know - but transferred to regular humans or what have you?
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Quote from: MythicalMorpheus69 on December 02, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

I really like the sound of this idea! If I may add some input to this? Maybe warewolves too? I know it sounds cliche lol but I had the idea to add onto landsharks where maybe the 2 arch enemy races both come under threat by a completely new race never before seen or heard of (maybe a mix bread of many races or something) this is not a twilight idea by the way haha! Some how these 2 races have to completely learn to work with one another at the same time as ruling their own countries ect... They could have to travel to lost lands to find specific artifacts and weapons and stuff, there could be ambushes and plots and twists, maybe even a double crossing! Or even both races could be planning a double crossing! The new race could even rule their own country and amongst the war they could use their countries to disguise their battlesby starting a human war? I dunno maybe its silly aha but you asked for an input?

I like the idea as a whole, but I would feel like I'm stealing your concept and putting my name on it. This would definitely be something I would join if you two were to work together on it.
A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

In addition to my last post I am sort of learning the ropes of coming up with ideas lol I usualy just join an already thought of one :p therefore I take critisism very well :)
Mithic....

Landshark

Ok...i cant really help with the Arabic but ill hook you up on Greek and Norse np. Ill pm it to ya once i got it typed up. You just want the Big named gods or more in depth?

la dame en noir

Make it as simply and informative as you can. I'm basically creating a world where there is a center for all trade, goods, and people of all cultures and then their outlying nations.

So it would be a combination like

Norse/Greek - Specialities in Military and Combat
Indian/Chinese - Specialities in Politics and Trade
Yoruba/Egyptian/Arabic - Specialities in Education and Science
A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 02, 2015, 02:14:00 PM
I like the idea as a whole, but I would feel like I'm stealing your concept and putting my name on it. This would definitely be something I would join if you two were to work together on it.

I'm perfectly happy for you to use it, itd make me quite happy to be honest lol. As i said i haven't got much experience creating rp's so just hearing that like my idea is a big morale boost for me :P as long as i can have one of the main roles or more specifically one of the leaders right hand man/lutenant/head warrior type of roles? Basically not a leader but just under, i like playing fighting/warrior roles who are very loyal, would this be possible?
Mithic....

la dame en noir

nooo! i couldn't! :D

Anyways, I'm currently making a new plot for the Fantasy Sandbox idea and Dragon Age. I have yet to come up with something compelling for the other two.
A&A | FxF |

MythicalMorpheus69

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 02, 2015, 02:39:49 PM
nooo! i couldn't! :D

Anyways, I'm currently making a new plot for the Fantasy Sandbox idea and Dragon Age. I have yet to come up with something compelling for the other two.

It wouldn't be stealing, more inspiring the ideas you already have, anywho its down to you :) although I already know whatever your coming up with is going to be epic!
Mithic....

la dame en noir

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 02, 2015, 02:12:38 PM
Word. Going to work, but I got it open for when I get back. Let me know how character creation is going down.

So, is there two separate games?

I'm still deciding. I should have a conclusion sometime tomorrow or Friday :3
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Welp! I updated the plots, now to see what people think.
A&A | FxF |

Landshark

looks awesome! Cant wait to see what the final desicion is. Looks like the fantasy is gonna win though :)

la dame en noir

My brain hurts from that. But thankfully I had help from Cassandra's initial input and resources gathered from both you and Dhi.

But if people like the idea, then I will probably need to make up different names for these gods and goddesses...though I don't know if keeping their original names would be such a bad idea.
A&A | FxF |