My name is Bond, James Bond..Interest?

Started by Zombie Apocalypso, February 22, 2008, 06:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Apocalypso

So I don't have a setting or plot, or even characters but I was wondering if anybody was interested in playing a cheesy secret agent game, maybe based around the Bond movies or Kill Bill or Charlies Angels...I thought that there could be an added air of comedy about them..

Swedish Steel

I had plans to GM such a game, but have put it on hold for now. Maybe in the future.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

rainshadow

I've had this image in my head of Steve Bescumi in the starring role of a James Bond parody for a very long time.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Zombie Apocalypso

Nice, I love that man he's my hero, he would make for an excellent bond...Are you thinking something more along the lines of 'Reservoir Dogs' Buscemi? Because I know that's the picture I have...

rainshadow

Actually, the role that got me thinking about it was Armageddon. I can just see the secret agent turning to the girl on his arm and asking how old she is.

I've never seen Resevoir Dogs and I know, I should be shot because of it. ;)
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Zombie Apocalypso

Armageddon wasn't the first thing that popped into my head but now that you mentioned it..Yeah (Actually I had totally forgotten about Armageddon)

And you should see Reservoir dogs, lots of blood fun it is..

rainshadow

I'm on my way over the NetFlix.com as we speak to update my queche.

Really, you could mix in a bunch of his roles into the character, just for kicks. My favorite Buscemi character is the serial killer/cannibal from Con Air.

Zombie Apocalypso

Definitely

Really, I think Reservoir Dogs is my favorite, followed by Con-Air, and then Billy Madison.
Steve really plays a good psychopath..

rainshadow

My original idea for the story was actually a spoof of Austin Powers. A spoof of a spoof! Sounds ridiculous, no? But that's the idea! People love this ridiculous shit. As corny as it sounds, people would line up in droves to see something like that. I've always kind've wondered why the Scary Movie people haven't done something like "Just Another Stupid Spoof"... I mean, we've got the Scary Movie series, then spin-offs like Not Another Teen Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, and now Meet the Spartans, and pretty soon there'll be a superhero version.

Hell, I think my title is perfect: "Just Another Stupid Spoof."

But I digress... we weren't talking about me. Like I said... Buscemi would make a great pardoy Bond.

Zombie Apocalypso

Spoof this and spoof that, they have even got Dr.Phil Spoofing, I don't see why a spoof of a spoof wouldn't work, or maybe they could make a very serious movie out of the spoof...

XD Their going to make a spoof out of "Midnight Meat Train" I can almost see what it's going to be about...

And if we make Buscemi the bond we need an equally strange spoof Bond girl...Lol Winona Ryder

rainshadow

I've got one better on you:

I don't know her name, but she's the title character on Ugly Betty.  ;D

Zombie Apocalypso

*Shudders* Some unsightly visuals

Okay so we have the ugly betty woman for a bond girl and Steve Buscemi for a Bond, now we need a super villain, I say Elle Woods from legally blond

rainshadow

Rowan Atkinson has got to be in there somewhere. Perhaps Buscemi's head honcho?

Zombie Apocalypso

Oh yes, he does have to be in there...

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as well...

rainshadow

Rowan Atchinson... my bad on the spelling there...

This is quickly going from a game idea into a full-blown spoof casting job... LOL

Zombie Apocalypso

I noticed, it was a pretty great thought though...

Tom

I'm up for playing a more serious James Bond themed game if there is any interest. I have DM'ed a "Jane Bond" game in the past and may be up to do it again.

rainshadow

Zombie Apocalypso

I'm still game for a new and improvised bond...I was thinking something along the lines of a bunch of bonds and bondettes coming together for some heroine-hero butt kicking masquerade