{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeredsun

Benjamin jumped, which was quite loud when a large man such as himself did it. His feet kept on the chair, which was sort of ridiculous looking with his size. It seemed like flavored coffee went all over the floor. Winching he watched the man seemingly named 'Gregori' have trouble with the machine.

"Yes...wood can be very creative. If you are allowed to do creative things to it," he replied, "I think my father might be like your Eva. I'm suppose to make the same thing all the time instead of doing what I want to do," he shrugged, "Oh well. Consistency is always good too."
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

anon

Ally snickered at Gregori. "I hope you're planning on cleaning that mess up. Otherwise you're going to be in a world of pain with Eva...or..." Her expression turned thoughtful at the pool of coffee. "Well, I guess I can improvise something from this."

Her gaze turned back to Benjamin. "Consistency is never a good thing." Ally answered flatly, her voice leaving no room for argument. She grinned. "And Eva is okay with most of the...improvisations that I do, so long as it doesn't involve mice or snakes. Oh...hm. Mice and snakes. I think I can do something interesting there..."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

orangeredsun

"I see," he said, assuming and probably assuming right that he couldn't nor should say anything against what she said. Even though he disagreed. It was sometimes good, especially when it came to things people needed. Like love and food. But her way of food was something he didn't think he really needed. Benjamin started sipping his drink faster.

"You sure do talk about animals a lot. Ever thought of working at a lodge or tavern of some sort? They make a lot of meat pies."

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

Ally laughed, noticing that he was drinking faster. "Meat? I'm vegetarian." She stuck her tongue out, legs still swinging before her. "Sugar creations. I make sugar sculptures." She nodded at the figures still on the counter of Ari and Tom. "Animals are just simply more interesting to create."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

"Oh," he said simply, looking to the sugar sculptures, tilting his head. Were those people he just saw in here? They looked very realistic. He wondered if she ever thought of carving things out of wood. It would kind of be like sugar.

"Are there snakes and things in those?" he asked, looking back to her again. He didn't know what to make of her sticking her tongue out at him. It was silly and not really his nature.

"They could look nice on wedding cakes I suppose. Do you ever think of putting them there?"

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

"Snakes?" Ally tossed her head back with a laugh. "No. Just sugar. And as for wedding cakes..." She shuddered. The figures began dancing again and the birds chirped. She grinned, watching the progression as they ended in a kiss again. Her eyes shot back up to meet his. "Just a joke for Ari and her beau."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mithlomwen

"Um....well I'm fresh out of rope."  Sophie replied with a chuckle.  "Maybe some duct tape?"  Blinking at Phaedra innocently she glanced from the dark haired woman and back to the door that Rex had just exited.  

"Me?"  She asked in reference to the question.  "No actually this is my first time here.  I um...well I just recently moved to town.  I was walking down the street up there."  Her hand indicating where she was talking about.  "And the smell....sort of led me here."  Sophie brought the coffee cup back up to her lips and sighed in bliss.  "Heaven.  Pure and simple."  
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Solaine

“Something.” Phaedra chuckled, her eyes dancing now with humor at the thought.  “Of course, I might need your help. He looks very strong and is likely to give us a fight.”  She sipped her own coffee and joined Sophie in that sigh. “This is worth all the angst of abandoning my books.”  No regrets, she told herself.  Snatch this moment because she would never see it again. She smiled brightly at Sophie.  “So you’re new too?  Have you looked around town yet?  If you would like to know the best places to shop, I could show them to you.” 

Even as they sipped their coffee in the companionable warmth of two people finding a friendly connection, the deluge of coffee that chased Gregori took them by surprise, and Phaedra’s own coffee spilled as she squealed and jumped up to sit on the table just in time to avoid drenching her feet and her new high-heeled shoes. 

Sophie’s feet, however, might have fallen victim— if Ky hadn’t entered the shop at that moment, and his swift reflexes had him snatching Sophie up in his arms while the coffee swirled around his booted feet. 
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

anon

Ally laughed a little at the mess that the spilled coffee was wrecking on the shop. "Mm...I should probably get to cleaning the mess up." She mused aloud but made no efforts of moving from her spot on the counter. She nodded to Ky. "Nice catch there."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Solaine

“Thanks,” he grinned at Ally with a wink.  “Not quite turtle-like this time, eh?”  Boots sloshing carelessly through the coffee, he sat down carefully on the same chair Sophie had just vacated, and to keep Sophie’s feet fastidiously off the floor, he kept her sitting on his lap.  “What happened? The coffee pipe burst or something?”  Of course, in a shop like Corner Sweets, he wouldn’t be surprised if the coffee had materialized out of some mural in the back, perhaps a java river overflowing its banks in Candyland.

Then he looked at Phaedra accusingly.  “What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?” she retorted, but she had the grace to blush as she rested her feet on her own chair, straightening the skirt of her dress as it had jerked up some distance above her knees, hinting at the length of creamy thighs. 

“I just wanted some… coffee.”  Then, at the ludicrousness of his statement, he started laughing, and Phaedra couldn’t help joining too, gasping in giggles. 
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

anon

"At this time, you're probably better trying to lap it off of the floor than to try to get me to brew some." Ally grinned before reluctantly leaping off from the counter. Her shoes splashed the puddle of coffee, making the scent of hazelnut rise in the air.

Squaring her shoulders, she headed toward the kitchen and reemerged a few minutes later with a mop and a bucket and began mopping up the floor, her bells jingling with her mopping, almost as though dancing with the mop.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mithlomwen

Sophie squealed and wrapped her arms around Ky's neck as he kept her from falling.  It was a shock on both fronts.  One that she had nearly fallen and two that she now had her arms around a very tall very very handsome man. 

It took her a moment to gather her wits about her again before she could speak.  "Thank you."  She said blinking at Ky still a bit in shock.  It hadn't yet occurred to her that she was sitting in the man's lap. 

Glancing back and forth between Ky and Phaedra she quirked a brow, "You two know each other?"  This day was getting more and more interesting.   
Baby, it's all I know,

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi was twirling down the sidewalk, her sketch pad in her hand and a smile on her face. She was humming an old song and couldn't wait to get back to Corner Sweets, it was the most intriguing place she had ever been to by far. She opened the door and was hit with the smell of coffee. She scanned the room, taking in everything and then made her way towards Ally, stepping lightly to avoid the carious messes.

"Hey Ally. Seems like the coffee machine exploded. Need help with the clean up?" she offered, trying to be helpful by refilling the bucket with clean water. "Its busy in here now, how is Eva and Vi?"

She put her sketch pad away, but not before taking in Benjamin and Phaedra and Ky. She would make sure to sketch them before she left today. It was always so calming drawing or dancing.

anon

Ally waved at Aoi, continuing to mop up the mess. "Make yourself at home...or one of the dried spots." The bucket was gradually taking on a watered-down brown color. "And I'll be with you in a few minutes. And yes...the coffee machine exploded." She pulled a face. "Never trust a man with the machines..."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed. "I'll just draw until you are finished. That is true, never get a man to do a woman's job. And fixing delicate things are definitely not in a man's repertoire." She sat down, careful to keep her skirt off the floor. She turned and watched Phaedra and Ky together. They would make a nice drawing. She thought as she imagined the perfect background for them. She hummed to herself as she took out her sketch pad, using just a touch of magic, she put an image of them on the table so that she could examine them without seeming obvious.

anon

Ally moped up the last of the splattered coffee before shoving the bucket to somewhere unseen and emptying it.

A few minutes later, she reappeared at the front of the shop again, a tray of sugared flower that she had pulled earlier in her arms as she slid it into the the glass case, the gloss of sugar shimmering over the candies. Straightening again, she looked at Aoi. "Well then," she moved from behind the case to lean against the counter. "What can I get for you?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "Just a cup of hot chocolate and something with vanilla in it." She replied thoughtfully, thinking that she should make something special for Ally. "Has it been busy today? How was Ari after Tom left?"

anon

Bells jingled as Ally moved about behind the counter, preparing a ceramic mug before ladling the rich, hot chocolate into the cup. "Vanilla?" Her expression turned thoughtful. "Let's see..." She rummaged through the glass before picking out a few lacy vanilla cookies and placing it on a white china. Bringing it over to Aoi, she left it on the table, along with a silver spoon and napkin. She placed a small container of vanilla and a miniature bottle of cinnamon before Aoi, along with a small silver cup of marshmallow.

She leaned back against an empty table. "Pretty busy. Ari's...preoccupied." She said, her eyes twinkling.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi giggled. "Thanks for the vanilla," she said, pouring some into the hot chocolate. She nibbled a cookie gently. "Just how exactly did the coffee get all over the floor?" she asked conversationally/

Solaine

“What happened to your service with a smile?” Ky complained to Ally, although his blue eyes gleamed good-naturedly at the sugar sorceress.  “I’m pretty sure a good business wouldn’t make their customers drink from the floor.”  Then he turned his gaze on the woman on his lap.  He liked this – liked it a lot.  He smiled at her.  “Yes, we know each other.  We live together, actually.” 

“He’s a bear to live with,” Phaedra told Sophie with a roll of her eyes.  She sighed and hopped off the table.  Oh well, another choice — between keeping her shoes dry or getting them soggy with coffee --- was still a wonderful choice because she could make it.  “Here, let me help you too.” 

With Ky occupied with her pretty friend, she helped mop up, and looked up as Aoi came in. She smiled and waved. Later, curious to see what Aoi was doing, she moved to the young woman’s side.  “May I?”  She had no idea that the artist was sketching them.   

anon

"No problem." Ally jerked her thumb at the basement. "Gregori." She said by the way of explanation. "Don't let that man get near a machine. He's bound to either make a robot of it or induce an explosion."

Ally waved off Phaedra's help, the mop had already by stowed away and secured. "You ladies just sit down and enjoy yourself." So saying, she stretched and headed back for the kitchen again. "I'll see what I can whip up back there. Just holler if you need something."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi flushed when Phaedra came over. She turned to sketch towards her, "It's a picture of you and Ky as I first saw you. See, like this" gesturing towards the 3-D model revolving on the table. "Do you like it?" she asked hesitantly, she was still uncertain about her drawing, but she didn't want to add magic to make it come alive just yet.

Solaine

For the first time, Phaedra caught sight of the 3-D model and realized it was her and KY.  Flabbergasted, her jaw dropped a little. “Wow! That’s --- that’s amazing! How did you do that? No, don’t tell me.  You’re like them!”  Of course, this was Corner Sweets.  Phaedra  prided herself on sounding almost casual, although the sparkle in her eyes bespoke her enchantment.  She sat down next to Aoi and studied the sketch next.

“Wow,” she said again in hushed tones.  “Oh, you’re very, very, very good.  And I’m so flattered you’re drawing us.”  She smiled warmly at her and held out her hand.  “I’m Phaedra, by the way.  What’s your name?”

Mithlomwen

"Oh."  Sophie said nodding until it hit her what Ky was saying.  "Ohhhhh, well um..."  She murmured trying to get up off of his lap.  If he was living with Phaedra, the last thing she needed was to make the other woman mad at her by sitting on her man's lap...even if she wanted to stay exactly where she was.  "I'm sorry...I didn't know you two were...were....yeahhhhh."  She stammered around the words not sure exactly how to get herself out of this hole. 
Baby, it's all I know,

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled taking the offered hand, "I'm Aoi. I guess I'm like them...whoever them is." She liked Phaedra, "I didn't mean to shock you with my model" she admitted sheepishly, grinning a little. "Who is the guy that you were with?" she asked, she always liked to put names to faces.