(Classic Avengers) Revised Interest Thread

Started by LunarSage, August 30, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes!  After the Avengers West Coast initiative failed, Hawkeye and the others returned to New York to rejoin their parent team and now, once again the Avengers are whole.  But are the Mighty Avengers going to be enough to ward off what new threats of evil and villainy will no doubt threaten the world again?

This will be a freeform game in which the Avengers of the 90s are portrayed, though the actual setting will chronologically be in the modern day.  This means that if a canon character wasn't introduced until after 1999, they won't be available for play in this game.

Also, no mutant characters will be approved with the exception of Beast, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

For this game we will be approving canon characters only.  We have comprised a list of some of the canons along with a brief description of each.

TAKEN

Captain America
Thor (LunarSage)
Hulk
Ms Marvel (Josietta)
Hawkeye
Black Widow (loislanekent)
Wasp (AribethAmkiir)
She Hulk (EbonyQueen)
Black Panther
Iron Fist (Praxis)

AVAILABLE

*(If you have any questions about any of the canons listed here, don't hesitate to ask)*

Black Knight. Dane Whitman, the champion of Avalon who uses his magic sword and shield for Justice.

Photon Monica Rambeau is capable of transforming herself into any kind of energy: electricity, radiation, cosmic rays, you name it.

Mockingbird An ex SHIELD agent with a penchant for fighting with staves

Spider-Woman Jessica Drew isn't related to Peter Parker, although her roots are similar (radiation + spiders = Spidey-powers).

Crystal, Member of the royal family of Inhumans, wife to Quicksilver who commands elemental forces.

Luke Cage, super strong and tough hero raised on the streets.

Daredevil

Falcon, Sam Wilson one time partner of Captain America and possess the power of Flight.

FireBird, Bonita Jurez, can fly and generate blasts of flame.

Giant-Man, Hank Pym, founding Avenger who can increase body size.

Hercules, Olympian God with superhuman strength.

Moon Knight, Marc Spencer, has four separate identities a mercenary behind a mask.

MoonDragon, Heather Douglas, mistress of the mind including telepathy and telekinesis.

Quicksilver, Magneto's son, husband to crystal with super-speed abilities.

Sandman, William Baker, former villain who turns his body into a sand-like substance.

Scarlet Witch, Wanda Maximoff, probability altering hex powers. Ex Wife of the Vision.

Sersi, member of the Eternals known for her power to alter molecular structure of objects.

Swordsman, Philip Jarvet, master of bladed weapons.

Namor, king of Atlantis, with the powers of the sea behind him.

Tigra, Greer Grant Nelson, transformed by mysterious cat people into the present day version of their legandary warrior.

Vision, Robot created by Ultron. Ex husband of the Scarlet Witch.

NOTE:  Strength in Marvel uses the following table.  The weights listed are the maximum that can be lifted with minimal effort.  By exerting yourself you can lift one category above your 'limit' for short periods.

Underdeveloped Strength: Lift (press) 20 lbs or less

Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Maximum Human strength: Lift (press) approximately 800 lbs

Low End Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 1 ton

Class 10 Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 10 tons (Example: Spider-Man)

Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons (Example: Luke Cage)

Class 75-80 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 75-80 tons (Example: Namor)

Class 100 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) 100+ tons (Example: Hulk or Thor)

FIGHTING SKILL:  Sometimes we want to know just how good someone is at fighting.  Here is a chart to help with this.  Make sure and put your character's fighting skill class number on your sheet under Fighting Skill.  This is to help you gauge fighting ability for RP.  It's not 'stats' per say... just an aid.

Class 1: Little to no training or talent (Your average American)

Class 2: Some natural talent or training (Average military training)

Class 3: Regular training (Brown Belt Martial Artists, Professional Boxers)

Class 4: Intensive training (UFC Contenders, Special Forces Training with experience)

Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists)

Class 6: Superhuman Talent with intensive training (Among the best fighters on the planet)

CHARACTER SHEET FORMAT

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b] (Your birthname goes here, you may include nicknames here as well)

[b]Nom De Guerre:[/b] (Your super hero name goes here)

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] (self explanatory)

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] (Heterosexual? Homosexual? Transexual? Pansexual? Omnisexual? Asexual?)

[b]Ons:[/b] (This does not have to be your own personal ons and offs, these are your characters ons and offs, though you can just put in links to your own as well as a basic gist of what you like and don't like if it fits the character as well.)

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b] (Where were you born? In the USA? China? Europe? Grandmas Kitchen? in the middle of an uncharted Island?)

[b]Current Nationality:[/b] (American? or here on a green card? maybe illegally here? Did SHIELD give you a free pass?)

[b]Known Relatives:[/b] (Who are your relatives and do they know you are a hero? Are they a secret from everyone? Do you hide who you are to protect them?)

[b]Current Occupation:[/b] (What does your character do when they aren't being a hero? Maybe you're a bus boy for a diner? A lawyer for a big firm? A photographer for the Daily Bugle?)

[b]Current Place of Residence:[/b] (Does your character live in an apartment in Manhattan or a dumpy old house in the Bronx? Maybe they live in the Avengers Tower?)

[b]Affiliations:[/b] (Who is your character aligned with, affiliated with? SHIELD? the X-Men? Fantastic Four?)

[b]Hobbies:[/b] (What does your character do in their spare time? Read books? Skateboarding? Movies? Video games? Knitting? Skydiving?)

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b] (Is your hero born with their powers? Maybe they were an alien race or from culture where powers were normal? Maybe they were a governmental experiment or a lab mistake? how about radioactive spiders?)

[b]Strength Level:[/b] (How much weight can your character lift, push, or pull? Are they average with some weight training? Maybe they are able to lift a freight-liner or a train? Or maybe lifting a box of 50lbs is pushing their limits? Use the chart above to help you determine this)

[b]Powers:[/b] (What super powers does your character have? Energy blasts? Flying? Super strength?)

[b]Fighting Skill:[/b] (How well does your character fight? Do they have specialized training with SHIELD? Are they skilled in martial arts? Or are they a regular guy who may or may not have been in a back street brawl once or twice? Use the chart above to help you determine this.)

[b]Limitations:[/b] (what limits does your character have? does their energy blasts drain their stamina after being used for prolonged amounts of times? do probing lights cause them to go into epileptic fits? Does your character have a huge phobia of enclosed spaces? Maybe they can go without air but only if they are not using any other powers?)

[b]Unusual Features:[/b] (does your hero have anything that would set them apart from humans, like rocky skin, glowing eyes, extra limbs, or something of that sort)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Give a brief explanation of how your character dresses in and/or out of costume, a typical civilian day for them, pictures can be included but be sure to put only a "civilian styled/uncostumed" picture here. Costumed photos need to be placed at the top of the page, either centered or aligned to the left of the name and demographic area.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (what kind of hero is your character? Are they the caregiving sort? A tough guy with a soft center? A shy and timid person normally but rough and tumble in costume? How do others view them outside of the field?)

[b]History:[/b] (please have at least 2 paragraphs of History including where or how your powers manifested and what led you up to being with the team now)

This game will be GM'd by loislanekent and Iblis121 with LunarSage as a Co-GM.  Please send via PM all original characters to all three GMs for approval.  Please use the character sheet format coded above.

If you include pictures please limit it to one "civilian styled" and one "costumed styled". Also if you could either put your pictures in spoilers or resize them. To resize you can either do so through a photo editor or by inputting the coding format.

Picture resizing code:

[img height=300][/img]

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LunarSage

Those are just a few examples of characters that were around in the 90s era.  We've no doubt missed some, like US Agent... :-)

Josietta

I'll get Ms Marvel's sheet up and going as soon as possible.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

PhantomPistoleer

All right, I would still like to play as Gambit.  Is that possible?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Is this an extension of the game loislanekent first began advertising for or is it something new?

LunarSage

Praxis

I am down.

Hawkeye
Moon Knight  (he's so cray cray)
Daredevil

I'll keep on top of this and see what brews.  :)

Josietta

Quote from: Praxis on August 31, 2012, 07:43:29 AM
I am down.

Hawkeye
Moon Knight  (he's so cray cray)
Daredevil

I'll keep on top of this and see what brews.  :)

I got something you can keep on top--- umm. Err. Yeah Hi!;D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Praxis

Like what?  A jungle gym?

Is it a jungle gym?

Josietta

Quote from: Praxis on August 31, 2012, 08:03:43 AM
Like what?  A jungle gym?

Is it a jungle gym?

How'd you know?!

/thinks Praxis should play DD. *nods*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Praxis

I feel pretty confident that I could peg Daredevil.

AribethAmkiir

I'm so confused... do I need to pick a different character or did I get the character I asked for in the last thread?  If so, then I need to submit a character sheet, yes?

LunarSage

My apologies, Aribeth.  This is the same game and you have still got a claim on Wasp.  I'll actually add named next to the reserved characters.  Hopefully that will help.  (lois, please let me know who reserved the characters that I didn't place names next to)

Yes, please submit a sheet for your character with the coded format on the first page of this Interest thread.  :-)

LunarSage

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 30, 2012, 02:12:48 PM
All right, I would still like to play as Gambit.  Is that possible?

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, Phantom.  We discussed it at length and we've decided to say no to mutant characters (with Scarlet Witch, Beast and Quicksilver being exceptions as they were canon Avengers in that era).

Praxis

Oh man...I just saw Iron Fist too.

*loves on IF so hard*

LunarSage

Praxis

Daniel Rand character sheet will be incoming tonight good sir.

<3

LunarSage

Josietta

Quote from: Praxis on August 31, 2012, 01:20:55 PM
Daniel Rand character sheet will be incoming tonight good sir.

<3

*gives up her geek badge cuz she has no clue who that is*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Darwishi

For myself and all newcomers, what is this game going to be about exactly? Also what (in terms of sexual elements) will it include?

Thanks!

LunarSage

I don't forsee this as being a "superheroines in peril" type of game, if that's what you mean. 

The game shouldn't revolve around sex in my opinion, though there can be sex (of any variety) in it based on how the RP naturally progresses.  It's a game about the Avengers and their adventures/relationship dynamics. 

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: LunarSage on August 31, 2012, 12:52:11 PM
Sorry for taking so long to answer this, Phantom.  We discussed it at length and we've decided to say no to mutant characters (with Scarlet Witch, Beast and Quicksilver being exceptions as they were canon Avengers in that era).

Ah, nuts.  Well, thanks anyways! :D
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Darwishi

I more meant is it going to be the characters lazing about Avengers HQ and how they interact with one another? Or more about missions and side missions, and them fighting villains.  And yeah, if they do happen to lose what the consequences might be... death, torture, fondling, rape, etc.

LunarSage

I'm not certain, but I suspect about half sandbox and half missions/action.