What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/944089-deus-ex-human-revolution/data

3/8/11.

I just don't know about Bulletstorm sure it might be fun, but I have to ask myself is it worth dropping sixty bucks. Like I'd probably like Two Worlds II as a thirty dollar game but not a full-priced one.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Hmm ... I'm not sure I'd trust that. I haven't found that date anywhere else. Ahh, I guess we'll see. I mean, having two games in a row isn't really a bad thing, it's just ... choices, man!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 16, 2011, 07:37:11 PM
Hmm ... I'm not sure I'd trust that. I haven't found that date anywhere else. Ahh, I guess we'll see. I mean, having two games in a row isn't really a bad thing, it's just ... choices, man!
Unless you're like me who has a gift card from Christmas that will get him Dragon Age and then have saved up for the other. :D

I need to go reserve my copy of Human Revolution too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

It's not an issue of money. Being a social reject means that after rent and food, most of my money goes towards games and the likes. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Haha copies ... I get practically all my games from Steam.

Tagnizkur

Games I playing...  that list is a tad sick.. so for the readers digest fans out there I shall truncate..  That and the fact its late.. Im lazy lying on my couch in the dark on a laptop...  err... wait.. OH YEAH.. Games...

Free Browser Games?
Batheo
Evony

Free MMORPGs
D&D
Runescape

360 (XBOX LIVE)
Oblivion (i have played this a lot) ((new one coming out soon))
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Blackops
Dynasty Warriors Empires 6
Left for Dead 2
Two Worlds
Mass Effect 2 ((new one coming soon))
a
and the list goes on and on with the console just because of live play.

dready

I'm currently running around my college buddy's server for Minecraft as a goblin warchanter, baking cakes, making shops, and spamming torches in every cave I come across.

Also trying to work on a usable mob grinder so then I don't have to fight creepers adjacent to my house just to get myself some sulphur for tnt for cannons.

This goblin wants his cannons dammit~!

Wolfy

Hemingway

God, Unreal Tournament 3 is tedious as fuck ... my AI teammates are utterly useless. WTF.

Edit: Well, Supreme Commander 2 was a million percent off on Steam, so I picked that up. Seriously, when games cost less than renting a movie ... I consider it a good investment even if only manages to keep me interested for five hours.

Also, I started playing Singularity again, which I borrowed from my brother but never got that far into.

And despite the flaws I pointed out earlier, UT3 is still entertaining in its own way.

I should have enough to last until Bulletstorm comes out now, and that should keep me going until DA2 ...

Inkidu

Sorry Deus Ex fans. I just got scuttlebutt from my local Gamestop when I went to finish paying off my Dragon Age 2 reservation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is delayed until August. They're apparently working out the kinks in the "talk your way through the whole game and not fire a shot" please only two percent of Deus Ex fans actually care to do that, and they don't count anyway. Not kill anyone, pffft.

So I got Two Worlds II as a shallow time waster. Sadly it doesn't fit on my T.V. anyone can help with that? I might just have to swap my picture back to normal instead of wide. It cuts off everything on the left and right and it does get annoying when I'm trying to learn how to play.

Hemingway

August? Well, that's quite a delay. More time to get psyched about it ...

I'm actually not unhappy about that. There are enough great games coming to keep me going until then, and ... really, too many games get released too early. To know they're actually taking their time is, in my mind, a good thing.

In other news, SupCom 2 is actually ... entertaining. Probably one of the few RTS' worthy of the name.

Sabby

at least they give enough of a shit... would you prefer an unfinished product now?

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
at least they give enough of a shit... would you prefer an unfinished product now?
When its supposedly the esoteric "talk your way through the game without firing a single shot or killing anyone path" yeah, I think I can live with that bit of unfinished-ness.

Geeklet

Well, good thing your tastes aren't the same as everyone elses, because there are people who do enjoy those sorts of paths.

Sabby

I think its commendable they are even trying to add that in this day and age. Perfectly happy to wait.

Inkidu

Quote from: Geeklet on February 17, 2011, 07:22:49 PM
Well, good thing your tastes aren't the same as everyone elses, because there are people who do enjoy those sorts of paths.
Sure, but I don't think it's worth four months of push back. That being said, this isn't the "sneak around and act like a cool stealth ninja mother bleeper." This is "Talk everything into submission." sure its neat on paper, but honestly in a game about bionic and nanotech and superhuman strength the ability to rip people through solid walls and guns that form out of hands. Just talking your way through the game would be awfully dull.

Mainly though I'm mad that it takes four months to fix the issue.

Hemingway

I'm happy about it. I also suspect you're exaggerating. Usually, not being required to kill anyone means you can use nonlethal methods, sneak around people, and talk to people that matter. Not walk around unopposed, like you own the place.

Also, Sup Com 2 is ... oh, man. You know what's great? Building huge artillery cannons, in your own base, then zooming out to get a strategic view of the battle ... and just watch the shells fly.

Wolfy

Deus Ex was pushed back, wasn't it? It's not coming out March 8th?

Cause if that's so, I think I plan on getting Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 in March. o3o

Sabby

Quote from: Hemingway on February 17, 2011, 08:14:29 PMAlso, Sup Com 2 is ... oh, man. You know what's great? Building huge artillery cannons, in your own base, then zooming out to get a strategic view of the battle ... and just watch the shells fly.

Hehe, reminds me of The Outfit ^^ Where the only tactic in multiplayer was to run directly towards the biggest hill in the level and make it look like an iron porcupine.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2011, 08:29:29 PM
Hehe, reminds me of The Outfit ^^ Where the only tactic in multiplayer was to run directly towards the biggest hill in the level and make it look like an iron porcupine.

To think, it's been toned down from the original SupCom.

Sabby

Grrr... Its Friday and my Live Starter Pack isn't here yet. How does an electronics store go 2 weeks without Live subscriptions?

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2011, 08:47:39 PM
Grrr... Its Friday and my Live Starter Pack isn't here yet. How does an electronics store go 2 weeks without Live subscriptions?

Grr...It's Thursday and Sabby still hasn't told me his Gamertag... lol

Sabby

SabbatX D

Just remove the space between X and D or it looks like XD

And its right there in my siggy :P been there a week now.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2011, 08:50:57 PM
SabbatX D

Just remove the space between X and D or it looks like XD

And its right there in my siggy :P been there a week now.

O_o...I can't see your sig..hmm...

Sabby

First post of a user in a page has the siggy

Wolfy