A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeGuy

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 11, 2011, 09:16:22 AMYeah, Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike are awesome like that. ^^ Plus the Water Monolith started out with 2 slams for its full attack, and Haste adds one more.

Hm, cool. I didn't know what rapid strike did, I might have to look into those. Thanks.

Kimera

Would an advanced Alkilith (from Fiend Folio) work, maybe with levels in fiend of possession

SomeGuy

Kunoichi

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 11, 2011, 09:21:19 AM
Hm, cool. I didn't know what rapid strike did, I might have to look into those. Thanks.

They're a pair of feats in Draconomicon.  Basically, if I have a pair of natural attacks that do the same damage and have the same attack bonus (such as my two slam attacks), then I can make up to four extra attacks with one of them, the first at -4 and the other three at -5.  It's like getting iteratives, only better. ;D

Quote from: Kimera on December 11, 2011, 09:24:07 AM
Would an advanced Alkilith (from Fiend Folio) work, maybe with levels in fiend of possession

...Huh, it's like an ooze-demon...

*wonders about the possibilities with templates and such*

SomeGuy

Doh, don't have the HD for Rapid Strike. Downside of 11 HD, including the 4 from class levels.

Xerial

I might think about actually starting with a not insane concept and re-working things... haven't had my head in the books from a monster perspective in ages, though.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 11, 2011, 09:33:04 AM
Doh, don't have the HD for Rapid Strike. Downside of 11 HD, including the 4 from class levels.

And you don't qualify for them anyways. We're Outsiders, one of the few nonhumanoid creatures ineligible for Rapidstriking. Zaer gave us exemption for templates, not anything else. So Studmuffin's actually illegal on that front too...

Trust me, Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike were the first things I considered for feats, since every hit I get in is MOAR ENERGY DRAIN.

Kimera

Yeah, it is basicly an ooze shaped demon. Not sure if I should add templates or just advance it with racial HD

TheGlyphstone

Urge...to..combo...Starmantle Cloak...with...Evasion...rising....

No! Bad Glyphstone! Bad! Less Cheese! *newspaper smack*

SomeGuy

Haha, good old Starmantle Cloak. Whoever came up with that item didn't really have a good grasp on... well, most of the game really.

TheGlyphstone

I think that applies to most of the BoED. In one volume, you have the Starmantle Cloak and the Retributive Amulet (got nerfed to sanity in MIC), and you also have the Vow of Poverty.

Karasu

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 10, 2011, 08:51:13 PM
Hmm.  If you'd like to work in two extra levels of Dragon Ascendant, you could be an Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19) instead...
That is kick ass hey Pale could I do that?

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 10, 2011, 08:18:28 PM
Final setup will be looking like this, if the DM allows:

Very Old Red Dragon (CR21) +  6 levels of Dragon Ascendant

The goal is to hit 12 levels of Dragon Ascendant, with the capstone becoming a quasi-deity.

What's Dragon Ascendant? *needs to know for is in fact a very old blakc Dragon atm*
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2011, 09:41:21 AM
And you don't qualify for them anyways. We're Outsiders, one of the few nonhumanoid creatures ineligible for Rapidstriking. Zaer gave us exemption for templates, not anything else. So Studmuffin's actually illegal on that front too...

Trust me, Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike were the first things I considered for feats, since every hit I get in is MOAR ENERGY DRAIN.

Oh.  Well, that settles where I'm going to get the extra feats for Hulking Hurler from, then...

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2011, 09:53:37 AM
Urge...to..combo...Starmantle Cloak...with...Evasion...rising....

No! Bad Glyphstone! Bad! Less Cheese! *newspaper smack*

Well, there are worse things out there than being immune to damage from weapons...

TheGlyphstone

Sure, but it's still such a hamhanded and overused combo. I want to be inventive with my cheese.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Karasu on December 11, 2011, 10:12:23 AM
That is kick ass hey Pale could I do that?

What's Dragon Ascendant? *needs to know for is in fact a very old blakc Dragon atm*

It's in Draconomicon.  Basically, it's a 12-level prestige class where you slowly become a demigod over the course of the class.  There are a few other fun prestige classes in there, as well.  Disciple of Ashardalon has you gradually replace your own heart with a demon, Elemental Master is about slowly becoming an elemental, Hidecarved Dragon is kind of the draconic version of a Monk, and Unholy Ravager of Tiamat will make you an evil dragon cleric. ^^

SomeGuy

It's been a while since I've really looked at Draconomicon, but don't you have to eat your money to be a Dragon Ascendent?

TheGlyphstone

Zaer - since Creatures of Legend are all over the place, would you let us customize the three domains we're allowed to draw spells from instead of being stuck with Protection, Strength, and War?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 11, 2011, 10:44:31 AM
It's been a while since I've really looked at Draconomicon, but don't you have to eat your money to be a Dragon Ascendent?

Yes, you do. But if my character doesn't count as a true dragon anymore, it's a moot point. Better off going with my far more insane idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Phewf, I'm finally (mostly) done:

Garamorosh, Tyrant of the Ever-churning Storm
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Greater Phantom Shadow Air Elemental Amphibious Half-Doppleganger Kraken of Legend Warblade 1/Soul Eater 7
Gargantuan Outsider (Aquatic, Air, Shapechanger, Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil)
Hit Dice: 20d10+8d8+392 (+56) (570HP/626 HP)
Init: +23 (x2)
Speed: Swim 30ft., Fly 150ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 64 (-4 Size, +9 Armor, +7 Shield, +8 Dex, +24 Natural, +10 Deflection), touch 24, flat-footed 59
BAB/Grapple: +28/+67
Attack: Tentacle +49 melee (2d8+25 plus Energy Drain)
Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +49 melee (2d8+25 plus Energy Drain) and 6 arms +47 melee (2d8+16 plus Energy Drain)
and bite +47 melee (4d6+16 plus Energy Drain)
Space/Reach: 20ft./15ft. (60ft. with tentacle, 30ft. with arms)
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict, Spells, Phantom Strike, Incorporeal Jaunt,
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft., Ink Cloud, Jet, Low-Light Vision, Spell-Like Abilities, Reflective Hide, Regrow Limbs, Ghost Touch Vulnerability, Phantom Defense, Air Mastery, Immune to Stunning, Immune to Paralysis, Immune to Critical Hits, DR 10/Magic, Cold Resistance 20, Shadow Blend, Evasion, Fast Healing 2, Immune to Sleep and Charm, Alternate Forms, Empathy, Immune to Electricity, Immune to Poison, Acid Resistance 10, Fire Resistance 10, Telepathy 100 ft, Energy Drain 2, Soul Strength, Soul Blast, Soul Enhancement, Soul Endurance, Soul Radiance, Battle Clarity
Saves: Fort +43/+45, Ref +38/+40, Will +29/+31
Abilities: Str 44/48 (+17/+19), Dex 20/26 (+5/+8), Con 39/43 (+14/+16), Int 23 (+6), Wis 24 (+6), Cha 24/30 (+7/+10)
Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +47, Disguise +12, Intimidate +41, Hide +27, Knowledge: Arcana +37, Knowledge: Nature +37, Knowledge: Religion +37, Knowledge: The Planes +37, Move Silently +45, Listen +39, Sense Motive +37, Spellcraft +37, Spot +39, Swim +27, Use Magic Device +41
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Multigrab, Improved Multigrab, Weapon Focus (Arm),
Ironheart Aura, Stormguard Warrior, Mindsight, Permanent Emanation(Control Winds), Legendary Wrestler
Multiattack (B), Imp. Init (B), Flyby Attack (B), Alertness (B)

Improved Grab: To use this ability, Garamorosh must hit with an arm or tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.
Constrict: Garamorosh deals automatic arm or tentacle damage with a successful grapple check.
Phantom Strike: Garamorosh may attack corporeal creatures when incorporeal, though it may not grapple, constrict, swallow whole, or any other special ability to relies on prolonged contact while incorporeal.
Incorporeal Jaunt: Garamorosh may become incorporeal or corporeal as a swift action.
Ink Cloud:: While underwater, Garamorosh can emit a cloud of jet-black ink in an 80-foot spread once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment. Creatures within the cloud are considered to be in darkness.
Jet: While underwater, Garamorosh can jet backward once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 280 feet. It must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while jetting.
Reflective Hide: Garamorosh has a silvery sheen to itsskin and is permanently protected by a spell turning effect.
Fast Healing: Garamorosh regains lost hit points at the rate of 2 per round.  Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and it does not allow Garamorosh to regrow or reattach lost body parts (but see Regrow Limbs, below).
Regrow Limbs: If Garamorosh loses a limb, head, or body part, a new one grows in 1 round. A monster of legend with this ability cannot be slain by a vorpal weapon’s head-severing ability.
Ghost Touch Vulnerability: Garamorosh takes 50% additional damage from weapons with the Ghost Touch enhancement.
Phantom Defense: Garamorosh's Armor, Shield, Natural Armor, and Deflection AC bonuses are applied against all corporeal and incorporeal opponents.
Air Mastery: Airborne creatures suffer -1 to attack and damage against Garamorosh.
Shadow Blend: As long as Garamorosh is not in full daylight (or a Daylight spell), it can blend into the shadows, gaining Total Concealment.
Evasion: If Garamorosh makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, it instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if Garamorosh is wearing light armor or no armor. If helpless, Garamorosh does not gain the benefit of evasion.
Empathy: At will, Garamorosh can detect the emotions of an intelligent creature within 115 ft (Will DC34 negates).  Save is Charisma-based.  It gains a +2 Competence bonus on all Charisma-based checks made against a creature whose emotions are being monitored.
Energy Drain: Garamorosh deals 2 negative levels every time it touches or damages a target.
Soul Strength: When Garamorosh drains energy from a target, it gains a +4 Enhancement bonus to Strength for 24 hours.
Soul Blast: Once per day, Garamorosh may project a 100-foot ray of force that deals 7d6 untyped damage against one target (Reflex DC 34 negates). Save is Charisma-based.
Soul Enhancement: When Garamorosh uses its energy drain ability, it gains a +2 enhancement bonus on all saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks for 24 hours. This bonus stacks with any enhancement bonuses gained to ability scores that apply to saves or checks.
Soul Endurance: When Garamorosh uses its energy drain ability, it gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution for 24 hours.
Soul Radiance: If Garamorosh completely drains a creature of energy, it may adopt the creature’s soul radiance, taking the victim’s form, appearance, and abilities (as the shapechange spell) for 24 hours.
Battle Clarity: Garamorosh adds its Intelligence modifier (max +1) to Reflex saves as long as it is not flat-footed.
Alternate Forms: 3 Small or Medium-sized alternate forms. At will, standard action, unlimited duration.
Skills: Garamorosh has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard.  It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered.  It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Spells:
1st -
2nd -
3rd -
Spell-Like Abilities:
1/day: Control Weather, Control Winds, Dominate Animal, Resist Energy, Cause Fear, Mirror Image, CL28th.
1/day: Plane Shift, to/from Plane of Shadow only. CL28th.

Maneuvers: Wall of Blades, Iron Heart Surge, Moment of Perfect Mind. MA level 14th.
Stances: Punishing Stance.

Equipment:
Fiendish Armor = 72,000 (Celestial Mail, add +1 and Death Ward, remove Fly 1/day)
+5 Animated Heavy Steel Shield = 49,000
Heartseeking Retributive Amulet of Mighty Fists +5, Natural Armor +5, and +1 Warning Amulet of Natural Attacks (Bite) = 230,000
Titan's Grip Gauntlets of Dexterity +6 = 53,000
Concealing Hathran Mask of True Seeing = 232,500
Cloak of Charisma +6 = 36,000
Vest of Resistance +5 = 25,000
Blinding Strike Bracers of Aerial Combat and Might = 18,500
Belt of Battle = 12,000
Ring of Earthen Grasp = 10,000
Ring of Anticipation = 6,000
Helm of Righteous War = 5,000
Sandals of the Vagabond = 4,000
Wand of Wraithstrike x2 = 9,000
10,000 GP

Kunoichi

And I've finished the War Hulking Hurler version of the Water Monolith:

Water Monolith
(Insert Name Here), Water Monolith of Legend War Hulk 5/Hulking Hurler 3
Size/Type: Gargantuan Outsider (Augmented Elemental, Water)
Hit Dice: 36d8+5d12+3d10+[660] (849)
Initiative: +26
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), swim 120 ft.
Armor Class: 45 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +25 natural, +8 armor), touch 12, flat-footed 39
Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+64
Attack: Slam +63 (6d8+33)
Full Attack: 7 slams +63/+63/+63 (6d8+33)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Drench, raging blood (acid), mighty rock throwing, mighty swing, vortex, water mastery
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., damage reduction 15/--, elemental traits, fast healing 5, haste
Saves: Fort +45, Ref +34, Will +25
Abilities: Str 60(66), Dex 30(36), Con 35(41), Int 14(20), Wis 17(23), Cha 21(27)
Skills: Intimidate +56 (+4 for each size category larger than target), Jump +78, Swim +83, Use Rope +30
Feats: Improved Initiative (B), Multiattack (B), Snatch Arrows (B), Throw Anything (B), Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Trip, Knock-Down, Knockback, Shock Trooper, Point-Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Javelin), Improved Natural Attack (Slam), Final Strike, Brutal Throw, Power Throw
Environment: --
Organization: --
Challenge Rating: 27
Equipment: 760,000 - 760,000 = 0 gp
Amulet of Natural Armor +5 -50,000
Belt of Battle and Magnificence +6 -218,000
Bracers of Armor +8 -64,000
Cloak of Resistance +5 -25,000
+5 Eager Ethereal Reaver Warning Necklace of Natural Attacks (both slams) -400,000
Third Eye Clarity -3,000

Catch Weapon (Ex): The water monolith gains the Snatch Arrows fear even if he does not meet the prerequisites.  He may catch weapons of his size or smaller (and hurl them back at the attacker immediately if he chooses).

Drench (Ex): A water monolith's touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of non-magical origin if they are Huge or smaller.  The creature can dispel magical fire it touches, as if using greater dispel magic (caster level 20th).

Fast Healing (Ex): The water monolith regains lost hit points at the rate of 5 per round.  Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and it does not allow the water monolith to regrow or reattach lost body parts.

Final Strike (Ex): When the water monolith is killed, his body explodes in a final strike - a blast of elemental destruction.  Everything within 60 feet is subject to the effect.  His final strike deals 20d6 points of bludgeoning damage, and each creature in the area may make a DC 43 Reflex save to halve the damage dealt.  The blast also has a secondary effect, as the water monolith's Drench ability, which can be reduced or negated by a second DC 43 Reflex save.
   The final strike renders the water monolith's corpse unsuitable for raise dead or resurrection spells.  Only true resurrection, miracle or wish can restore his life.

Haste (Su): The creature is supernaturally quick.  Each round, when making a full attack, it can make one extra attack using its full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation.

Mighty Rock Throwing (Ex): The water monolith has a powerful rock throwing ability.  The character can throw rocks that deal 2d8 points of damage with a range increment of 50 feet. (Like all thrown weapons, they have a maximum range of five range increments.)  The water monolith uses his Strength modifier instead of his Dexterity modifier on the attack roll.  The rock must weigh approximately 50 pounds.

Mighty Swing (Ex): The water monolith is able to make great, sweeping swings with its slam attack.  As part of its attack, the water monolith can choose three squares adjacent to one another (he must threaten all of them).  His attack applies to all creatures in those squares.  Make one attack roll and apply that roll as an attack against each defender.  If the war hulk uses a special attack (such as disarm, trip, or sunder), this special attack affects only the first target; the other creatures are attacked normally.
   A mighty swing is a standard action.  Thus, the character can move and make a mighty swing or (if he can make multiple attacks) make multiple mighty swings in a single round.
   Walls and similar obstacles can block a mighty swing.  Start with one square that the water monolith threatens.  Each successive square chosen must be adjacent to the previous square and have line of effect from that square.  Two squares separated by a wall, for instance, can't be chosen as adjacent squares for a great swing.
   The water monolith may skip creatures, attacking only those he wants to.  For example, if there are three creatures in a row--an enemy, an ally, and another enemy--the water monolith can choose those three squares for the mighty swing but strike only the two enemies.
   If the water monolith drops one of his foes with a mighty swing, he may make a cleave attack normally.  However, he may do so only once for every time he swings, even if he drops more than one foe.

No Time to Think (Ex): The water monolith is considered to have 0 ranks in all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based skills (whether or not he has bought ranks in them previously).  The only exception is the Intimidate skill, which works normally.

Really Throw Anything (Ex): The water monolith gains the Throw Anything feat as a bonus feat.  However, since the water monolith depends on brute strength more than skill, he can throw anything (not just weapons) he can lift as a light load (39,168 lb. or less).  If the item is an improvised weapon, he takes a -2 penalty on his attack roll instead of the normal -4.  Use the rules in Chapter 4 of this book to determine the amount of damage the thrown weapon does.
   The range increment of a thrown weapon or improvised weapon wielded by the water monolith is 20 feet (this is a modification of the Throw Anything feat).

Raging Blood (Su): Each time damage is dealt to the water monolith with a piercing or slashing attack, its blood sprays outward in a 5-foot cone, dealing 1d4 points of acid damage to all within range (no saving throw).  The water monolith is not harmed by its own blood.

Two-Handed Hurl Trick (Ex): In order to use any of these abilities, the water monolith must grip the weapon or improvised weapon in two hands and throw it as a full-round action.
   Area Attack: The water monolith makes an attack roll against a square the target creature occupies (AC 10) rather than the creature itself.  Any creature in the square must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + the hulking hurler's ranged attack bonus) or take full damage.  This ability may only be used with a Huge or larger weapon.
   Overburdened Heave: The water monolith can throw a weapon up to two sizes larger than his size category, or an item that weighs as much as his medium load. (39,169 - 78,464 lb.)

Vortex (Su): A water monolith can transform itself into a whirlpool at will as a standard action, provided it is underwater.  It can remain in that form as long as it likes.  In vortex form, a monolith can move through the water or along the bottom at its swim speed.
   The vortex is 10 feet wide at the base, up to 50 feet wide at the top, and up to 80 feet tall.  The monolith controls the exact height, but it must be at least 20 feet.
   A water monolith's movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the monolith enters the space another creature occupies.  Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the monolith moves into or through the creature's space.
   Huge or smaller creatures take damage when caught in a vortex and may be swept up by it.  An affected creature must succeed on a DC 56 Reflex save when it comes into contact with a vortex or take 4d6 points of damage.  It must also succeed on a second DC 56 Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents, automatically taking the indicated damage each round.  An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex.  The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful.  The save DC is Strength-based.
   A creature trapped in a vortex cannot move except to go where the water monolith carries it or to escape the vortex.  It can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) to cast a spell.  Creatures caught in the vortex take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls.  A monolith can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex's volume.
   A water monolith can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be.  A summoned monolith always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.
   If the vortex's base touches the surface beneath a body of water, it creates a swirling cloud of debris.  This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex's height.  The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet.  Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.  Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.
   A water monolith in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threated the area around it.

Water Mastery (Ex): A water monolith gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water.  If the opponent or the elemental are touching the ground, the monolith takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls and damage rolls.
   A water monolith can easily affect the movement of ships in any squares it threatens as a full-round action, overturning any craft up to 180 feet long, or halting and holding motionless a ship as long as 360 feet.  Larger ships can be reduced to half speed for as long as they remain threatened by the monolith.

Skills: A water monolith has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard.  It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered.  It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

SomeGuy

Hrm, so far the best picture I've really found is this, who you probably can recognize.  ;)

TheGlyphstone

Pic?

This is close enough for my purposes, though the actual 'image' is more sleek and less bulbous (and covered in golden chain mail).

Karasu

anyone wanan help me create my black dragon? I'd really appriciate it because I don't understand putting crap in a character sheet and making it work.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

SomeGuy

You have an ancient Black Dragon right? And you had mentioned you wanted to go Dragon Ascendent?