News:

Main Menu

Eve Online anyone?

Started by Tsakara, December 24, 2009, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsakara

Internet spaceships? Anyone?

Callie Del Noire

Used to play it. Lost 500,000,000 isk in gear and plans to a gate camper when my corp made my move my stuff.

Don't play it anymore

Canuckian

It looks interesting, and I'm fond of the idea of complex player politics and backstabbing-ness, but I have yet to take the MMO plunge.  I'm looking forward to Dust 514, an FPS which is set in the same universe.  And TOR will get my MMO cheery, I've already decided  ;D

Callie Del Noire

Canuckian

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 24, 2009, 09:41:42 PM
TOR?
Star Wars: The Old Republic.  Made by BioWare, they say it has enough content to qualify as KoToR III-IX.  Plus it's a BioWare game.  Have I mentioned BioWare?

Callie Del Noire

Ah.. definitely a good point to consider. I'm looking forward to it and catclysm

Tsakara

I refuse to pay for wow, they just require an unreasonable amount of money, the 15 dollars a month is fine, and the cost of the CDs is fine, but together its just dumb, its 200 dollars in startup costs then you haft pay 15 dollars a month.

I like that in eve I can keep my two accounts afloat with money I earn ingame

Brandon

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 24, 2009, 09:22:32 PM
Used to play it. Lost 500,000,000 isk in gear and plans to a gate camper when my corp made my move my stuff.

Don't play it anymore

#1 rule of Eve: Dont fly it if you cant afford to loose it

I used to play it but I quit years ago and have no plans to try it again. The cut throat style of play and bounties made for an interesting game though
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Waiting under the Mistletoe on December 24, 2009, 11:40:48 PM
#1 rule of Eve: Dont fly it if you cant afford to loose it

I used to play it but I quit years ago and have no plans to try it again. The cut throat style of play and bounties made for an interesting game though

I can afford it.. I hunted the killer and his 3 man corp into the deep folds of BoB space.. (I had 2 very nasty tier 2 battleships that weren't on the freighter.. I just hate gate camping turds who sit on the gate and kill folks to MAYBE get something but who are too afraid to go into 0.0 space.

(This was on a major 0.9 space hub.. and I had already done like 90! jumps)

Inkidu

I personally don't play MMOs *Saves the they're-a-whole-step-backwards-in-most-basic-aspects-except-oh-you can-play-with-dozens-of-total-strangers speech* (I need to hire a writer I know) However, I heard that the learning curve for that one is the proverbial female dog.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on December 28, 2009, 07:06:41 PM
I personally don't play MMOs *Saves the they're-a-whole-step-backwards-in-most-basic-aspects-except-oh-you can-play-with-dozens-of-total-strangers speech* (I need to hire a writer I know) However, I heard that the learning curve for that one is the proverbial female dog.

Not really.. learn what you want to do.. build your stats, pick your skills and be prepared to take a LONG time to do it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 28, 2009, 07:17:37 PM
Not really.. learn what you want to do.. build your stats, pick your skills and be prepared to take a LONG time to do it.
It takes a long time so they can hit you up for more monthly fees...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on December 28, 2009, 07:20:11 PM
It takes a long time so they can hit you up for more monthly fees...

WELL for the BIG stuff it take a while (ie.. stealth cruisers, battleships typically take a few weeks to skill up to.. if you want the BIG BIG stuff..ie.. Dreads and Capital ships.. you're looking at a year or more.. the perk is you can skill up stuff while you're offline.)

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 28, 2009, 07:23:08 PM
WELL for the BIG stuff it take a while (ie.. stealth cruisers, battleships typically take a few weeks to skill up to.. if you want the BIG BIG stuff..ie.. Dreads and Capital ships.. you're looking at a year or more.. the perk is you can skill up stuff while you're offline.)
And from what I've heard your stuff is vulnerable whilst you're offline too.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on December 28, 2009, 07:33:42 PM
And from what I've heard your stuff is vulnerable whilst you're offline too.

Somethings.. if you're in a dreadnought.. it's ALWAYS online.. (of course no SINGLE player will have that..it's a 100 BILLION ISK to make one.. )

Some of the other ships and bases are on all the time too..

But you can log off in safety for the most part.