Guess The Movie

Started by persephone325, October 11, 2013, 11:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

This was a game I saw on a forum a few years ago, and I thought it might be fun.

All you have to do is type in a quote from a movie and the next person has to guess it, then they can add one of their own in the same post. Anyone can guess any quote, so it doesn't matter if you get it right or wrong. The point is to have fun! :-)

(Keep it PG-13 though. ^.~ The quotes can be well known, or more obscure. Though a mix of both keeps people on their toes!)

I'll start with something easy. :-)

"Momma always said, life is like a box of chocolates."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Hue Ran

That's way to easy.

Forest Gump.

Now try this:

"You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!"

Silver

Spaceballs.

What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world, and the real world?
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

persephone325

Umm... The Matrix?

"Jesus Christ, ma! You're on uppers!"
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nexus1199

Requiem for a dream?

Zed's dead babe

persephone325

Quote from: Nexus1199 on October 12, 2013, 01:59:52 AM
Requiem for a dream?

Zed's dead babe

Indeed it is!

Umm... That sounds so familiar... But I can't place it! Hmm...
I don't know.

Chasseybaby

Was that a quote?

" I'll kill you with my teacup."

persephone325

Quote from: Chasseybaby on October 16, 2013, 10:36:11 PM
Was that a quote?

Mine? No. I put my quotes in bold.
I don't know.

Tise

Quote from: Chasseybaby on October 16, 2013, 10:36:11 PM
Was that a quote?

The Chronicles of Riddick.

"You don't turn your back on family, even when they do."
Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

persephone325

Quote from: Tise on October 18, 2013, 09:34:20 PM
The Chronicles of Riddick.

"You don't turn your back on family, even when they do."

Fast and Furious!! Furious 6, I believe. Fucking love those movies!!

"He's not Judge Judy and executioner!"
I don't know.

Lilias

Hot Fuzz. What. A. Masterpiece. :D

'I've known you my whole life! I've seen you naked! You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?'
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

RainyHigh

Green Lantern. I cheated [i.e. used google], I only watched half this movie before falling asleep on it.

QuoteI mean, if I had my way... you'd wear that goddamn uniform for the rest of your pecker-suckin' life. But I'm aware that ain't practical, I mean at some point you're gonna hafta take it off. So. I'm 'onna give you a little somethin' you can't take off.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Inkidu

Quote from: RainyHigh on October 27, 2013, 11:08:04 AM
Green Lantern. I cheated [i.e. used google], I only watched half this movie before falling asleep on it.

That's Inglorious Basterds.

It's like Christmas, but with more... me.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

persephone325

Quote from: Inkidu on October 27, 2013, 12:24:07 PM
That's Inglorious Basterds.

It's like Christmas, but with more... me.

I'm pretty sure that's Iron Man. ^^

"I'm seeing things that aren't real. I'm seeing things I shouldn't see. I'm dreaming things I've never seen. This surgery was supposed to make me normal."
I don't know.

Inkidu

Quote from: persephone325 on October 27, 2013, 05:02:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that's Iron Man. ^^
Close enough for government work. It's The Avengers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

didoanna

"And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall!"

Sort of linked to govt. work.....

mazakusion

Quote from: didoanna on October 29, 2013, 12:23:17 PM
"And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall!"

Sort of linked to govt. work.....

the movie is a few good men
now heres my quote   it's a tiny bit arrogant of people to go around worrying about those less fortunate.

Silver

Metropolitan??

Everybody asks why I started at the end and worked back to the beginning, the reason is simple, I couldn't understand the beginning until I had reached the end. There were too many pieces of the puzzle missing, too much you would never tell. I could sell these things. People want to buy them, but I'd set all this on fire first. She'd like that, that's what she would do. She'd make it just to burn it. I couldn't afford this one, but the beginning deserves something special. But how do I show that nothing, not a taste, not a smell, not even the color of the sky, has ever been as clear and sharp as it was when I belonged to her. I don't know how to express the being with someone so dangerous is the last time I felt safe...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

El Maligno

Deborah Jetson

I don't have a clue for the last one but I do know the answer for this one.
Quote from: Silver on October 12, 2013, 12:29:22 AM
Spaceballs.

What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world, and the real world?

Inception

"Oh no, I'm suddenly engage to a Douglas Furr. Help me! Unicorn!!!"  (May be not quite word for word but close enough I hope.)

Thesunmaid

The last unicorn :) Love that movie

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Paladin101

Ferris Buelers day off. Love that movie

You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!

Inkidu

Quote from: Paladin101 on December 22, 2013, 01:40:41 PM
Ferris Buelers day off. Love that movie

You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!
The Untouchables.

There's a madman in there with his finger on a... on a button!

(Close enough) :P

Nymphadora

The Rock

Where's my Geisha, I need my shoes.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

immortalsaiyan

Where's my Geisha, I need my shoes.

The movie is down with love

now for my quote

" To look at a thing is quite different from seeing a thing, and one does not see anything until one sees its beauty."