Infinite Justice: Gods and Monsters (Marvel, DC, DBZ X/over, Interest)

Started by Atria, June 02, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atria

Welcome to Infinite Justice! A superhuman Rp based in a combination of Marvel, DC's, and a tad bit of DBZ Earth. Lore wise, the major groups like the Justice League, Avengers, and all those other groups will be there, and will co-exist with one another. All fictional nations like Wakanda or Kahndaq exist as well. As for you, your story is whatever you want it to be. This is a very free form RP, and I'm hardly a stickler for lore. Are you a mutant trying to make his way? Are you an alien who fell from the sky and suddenly has power most could only dream of? Are you a government supersoldier? A hitman who only cares about his next paycheck? Do you rule your own micro-nation and have a chip on your shoulder? Welcome to the insane world of Infinite Justice.

As for the actual Rping, you DO NOT have to know anything about the respective universes to join and have fun. Since this is a comic book RP, you can get away with just about anything. Fantasy? Get stuck in one of the 9 realms like Jotunheim. Sci-fi? Steal a space ship and go punch aliens in the face! Plain old Superhero vs Supervillain? Earth is common ground for that. You're free to use any of the canon characters at will. You a speedster and you wanna race the Flash? Go for it! Arm wrestle with Superman or Thor? Why not?

That's not to say there won't be the occasional world threatening arc. Darkseid decides Earth looks better with about 50 more fire pits where major population centers should be. Thanos wants Omnipotence, obviously that's a bad thing. The Multiverse is threatening to blue screen and kill everyone and everything. Those who want in are free to join. If you don't feel like participating and would rather keep doing your own thing, that's fine too.

Don't want to be one of the already made races like Mutants, Saiyans, or Kryptonians? Totally fine, you can make your own race if you're feeling up to it, maybe even with Blackjack and hookers?

As far as the actual super powers go, I'm okay with just about anything that's not full blown, easily controlled, reality warping. Because that doesn't make for a fun story unless you really know what you're doing. You can be a skilled slightly superhuman assassin A la Deathstroke, or straight up Kryptonian. There's more than enough collective bad guys that are already there and waiting to be made by other players.

I think that just about covers it. If you have any questions, let me know!
Love Superheroes? Then why aren't you in Infinite Justice?!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250384.0

Atria

APPs

Character

Name/Alias:

Appearance(Pics are fine):

Species:

Backstory:

Powers and Abilities:

Weaknesses:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/general-obd-terms/13-general-obd-terms/80-destructive-capacity]Destructive Capacity[/url]:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/45-speed]Speed[/url]:

[url=http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/134-durability]Durability[/url]:

[url=http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/general-obd-terms/13-general-obd-terms/37-strength]Lifting Strength[/url]:

[url=http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/39-strength-2]Striking Strength[/url]:

Standard Equipment:

Intelligence:

[b]Optional stuff.[/b]

Theme song:

Random Facts about your character:

Faction

Name:
How large is the faction in numbers:

Short description of Tech level:

Short history of the faction:

Race(s) the faction is made up of:

Custom Race

Race name:

Race standard/average appearance:

Race Specific abilities:

Homeworld name:

Lore:

Custom Item of Power

Item Name:

Item Appearance:

Powers and Abilities:

Drawbacks:

History:

Extra:
Love Superheroes? Then why aren't you in Infinite Justice?!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250384.0

jeflint

I would certainly be down for playing a super being. :)

I'm a marvel fan girl, and a DBZ fan girl, and am waffling between Hyperion (Marvel Superman) or Goku type character... or Frieza cause I like beings with extra limbs.  :P

Right now I'd be leaning towards a Saiyan type character with a Holographic inducer to have a "secret" identity and being like High to Mid Tier in power lvl in whatever universe I'm coming from so I can rise to the challenge but still be beatable.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Atria

Quote from: jeflint on June 03, 2016, 04:26:00 AM
I would certainly be down for playing a super being. :)

I'm a marvel fan girl, and a DBZ fan girl, and am waffling between Hyperion (Marvel Superman) or Goku type character... or Frieza cause I like beings with extra limbs.  :P

Right now I'd be leaning towards a Saiyan type character with a Holographic inducer to have a "secret" identity and being like High to Mid Tier in power lvl in whatever universe I'm coming from so I can rise to the challenge but still be beatable.

A Frieza clan? Those are always awesome. I love characters with extra limbs as well!

Totally fine. I, personally, will be making an Inhuman, because I love the lore, who's got a weaker Superman powerset. And is more reliant on sunlight than Big Blue is. Welcome to Infinite Justice!

Namor

Atria

Quote from: Namor on June 03, 2016, 04:51:45 PM
I arrive! I'm interested, believe me.

Considering your name, I'd be insulted if you weren't. Welcome!

jeflint

Took a stab at my character. Hopefully you enjoy.

Scarlet the Super Martial Artist

Name/Alias: Scarlet/Alpha

Red hair tied into a pony tail wearing traditional chinese kung fu outfit. In her super guise of Alpha Scarlet appears to be a blue skinned woman of average height.

Species: Human

Backstory: Scarlet was trained at an early age in Martial Arts. As a form of self control and later self defense. Her two older brothers were trained in martial arts as well but Scarlet, named for her crimson hair at birth, had a natural talent for martial arts and her father was soon entering her into tournaments around the country. Though Scarlet grew to be very good at martial arts she never became a bully or lorded her ability over the others. It was when she hit puberty that she discovered the wellspring of Ki that laid dormant in her body. In short order she was mastering abilities that her parents had never even dreamed of. Soon keeping her away from boys was the least of her father's concerns. How do you keep a daughter protected when she can whisk out the window on a lark to fly with the birds? Instead of trying to keep her locked up her parents actively encouraged her to safely practice her abilities and master them as she had the various martial arts. When Scarlet was in highschool she had her first altercation with another girl and it did not end well. Distraught at how she'd almost killed the girl Scarlet was asked to be withdrawn from public school and began home tutoring. It was on her sixteenth birthday when the aliens landed and began to destroy the national guard for unknown reasons. Donning a ski mask Scarlet headed to the scene as quickly as she could fly. The fighting was massive and casualties were high for both humans and aliens. Scarlet was eventually able to drive the aliens off her planet, though none were able to ascertain why the aliens had come. That was three years ago and she has been the forefront of the world organization known as Ionic. Since then she has seen aliens, monsters, gods and things she can't even begin to explain. She has faced all of them with bravery and though she's not the most powerful member of her team all look up to her for her unwavering courage. When a strange portal was opened at the United Nations Scarlet was the first on the scene and volunteered to venture through the portal. That was the last time Scarlet saw her universe. She's been popping into and out of dimensions ever since trying to be helpful.

Powers and Abilities:

• Ki Manipulation: Scarlet has a superb mastery of her Ki and can use it for many abilities.

• Flight: Using her control of Ki Scarlet pushes her energy down to allow her to fly at high velocity.
  • Energy Sense: Scarlet uses her Ki to detect abnormal energy around her, this is an almost subconscious ability and allows her already fast reactions to spring into action immediately, to many it appears as if she has a sixth sense.
  • Energy Projection: Using her Ki she can fire off powerful blasts of plasma at her opponent.
  • Enhanced Durability: Her mastery of Ki allows her to survive truly devastating attacks.
  • Enhanced Speed: Her mastery of Ki allows her to move at above super human speeds.
  • Enhanced Strength: Her mastery of Ki allows her strength of an Olympic strongman
  • Minor Recuperative Ability: Using her Ki Scarlet can heal much quicker than an average human. Spending only a few weeks to repair broken bones and hours to minutes for most cuts and bruises.

• Champion Level Martial Artist: Scarlet has been taught at an early age in the martial arts and has mastered most and can mimic many others by watching other practitioners of martial arts

Weaknesses:

• Ki dependency: Scarlet's pool of Ki is tremendous but when it's depleted she cannot do any of her abilities and turns back into a normal human woman, though with her training normal is a relative term.
  • Voracious Appetite: Scarlet's constant use of Ki means she eats like several world class eaters. Scarlet is often snacking on anything high in caloric content, regardless of the taste. With her constant need for food it's almost impossible to keep a secret identity because everyone wants to know where she's putting the food, how she can afford to eat like that, and how she can constantly be hungry. It's ruined several dates for her.
  • Cold Intolerance: Scarlet runs hot because of her constant use of Ki and enjoys cooler climates but she cannot actually tolerate much below zero degrees.
  • Oxygen Dependency: Scarlet is a human and needs oxygen to function.
  • Phobia: Cats: Scarlet is terrified of cats after being eaten by a giant tabby cat, she does not like to talk about that experience and Theta and her have agreed never to speak about her rescue
  • Thrill seeker: Scarlet lives for action and is prone to jumping into things first.
  • Short Limbs: Scarlet is short and petite, so in a situation where someone has longer limbs they can generally strike her before she strikes them.

Destructive Capacity: Scarlet without her Ki can destroy a Brick Wall. Using her Ki she is able to Scarlet has the ability to destroy a town (3KM radius).

Speed: Scarlet without her Ki can run as fast as a car for short time. Scarlet with her Ki can run and reach Mach 1. When she flies her Ki allows her to reach speeds almost as fast as a High Velocity Rifle.

Durability: Scarlet when she is not protected by her Ki can survive a wall falling on her. With her Ki she can withstand a 6.3 megaton explosion.

Lifting Strength: Scarlet without her ki can lift a person over her head. With her ki she is able to lift a most cars and small trucks.

Striking Strength: Scarlet without her Ki can exert at least a Kilojoule's worth of damage. Scarlet with a single strike of her fist can exert a Megajoule. With a Ki blast she can literally nuke someone.

Standard Equipment: Holographic image inducer watch

Intelligence: Moderate

Optional stuff.

Theme song: Pendulum - Watercolour

Random Facts about your character:
Scarlet's favorite food is chocolate covered blubber with sprinkles, strawberry sauce and bananas, she calls it her caloric Sundae.
Scarlet has a crush on her teammate Epsilon, though Epsilon is more into Theta.
Scarlet has the equivalent of a bachelor's degree though she has never applied to a college.
Scarlet is extremely ticklish under her arms

Race name: Human

Race standard/average appearance: Human

Race Specific abilities: Adaptability

Homeworld name: Earth

Lore: Typical modern day earth only in a universe filled with galactic threats.

Name: Ionic
How large is the faction in numbers:  27 members

Short description of Tech level: The tech level for the Ionic are average for this world

Short history of the faction: The Ionic are named because they came together to protect their world from galactic threats. Scarlet became known as Alpha because she happened to be the first on scene and she named herself Alpha because she had an etymology test she had been studying for moments before. The other members were later found or joined of their own free will. While the majority of Ionic is composed of humans there are a few aliens, mutants and extra planar individuals. Alpha serves as the face of the team and is often the first on the scene.

Race(s) the faction is made up of: Humans
Item Name: Holographic Image Inducer

Item Appearance: Looks like a watch

Powers and Abilities: Has the ability to project a preprogrammed holographic image onto the wearer.

Drawbacks: As it is a wrist watch it can be wrenched off of Scarlet's wrist or destroyed.

History: Scarlet commissioned the inducer when Ionic was first formed. It allows all of the team to have secret identities.

Extra: The Inducer requires a lot of energy to be powered and is powered by a nuclear generator, as long as the casing is secure it's radiation and energy go into powering the watch.
[/list]

Atria

Looks great man! I should totally get mine up...

You don't need to app for peeps who already exist. Like Humans.

jeflint

Quote from: Atria on June 03, 2016, 08:53:20 PM
Looks great man! I should totally get mine up...

You don't need to app for peeps who already exist. Like Humans.

Well... I was about 3/4ths of the way through before I decided to just be human. :P So I kinda just left it there.

Atria

'Eres Mine! Number 1/2

Name/Alias: Nicolas "Nick" Sanchez

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Species: Inhuman

Backstory: Nick was born in Columbia to a loving mother and Drug Lord father. His father had his family living in luxury because of how much money he made. Nick was raised at home with a decent education. Once he turned 16, his father decided that it was time for him to enter the family business. Nick thought he was prepared, and so did his father. He didn't understand how brutal the job was. This disappointed his father, but nevertheless, found a spot for him. It didn't take him long to pick up the nuances of the recipe and was fast at work. He spent the next 5 years happily doing his job, and was content. He had money, lots of free time and no worries. But all good things must come to an end.

His cartel was attacked by a rival and while he managed to escape the chaos, his mother wasn't so lucky. She was shot multiple times and despite Nick's best efforts, she died in his arms. They attackers were fought off, but Nick had, had enough of the lifestyle. He wanted out and his father refused. Telling him that he'd be tortured and killed by the others. They argued day in and day out. It got to the point where Nick's father threatened to have his legs broken. Nick, having had enough of the constant bickering, shot his own father in the shoulder, stole a car and drove until he hit the US border. It took almost a year, but he managed to get his citizenship and then went to the police, offering them as much information as he could give on his own Cartel's dealers, in exchange for his joining the witness protection program. They agreed and he managed to make a new life in the US.

Life was going good. He was able to transfer most of the money he made with his old "job" and the government made it seem that he was killed. He was well off and had thought his life was back on track. for several years, he lived his now normal life and after a few more years, was able to get a girlfriend. However, his life yet again took a turn for the weird as a massive green cloud engulfed his neighborhood. The News said it was something called Terrigen, and that only a small portion of the population was actually going to be effect by it. Nick dismissed the cloud as he didn't expect it to have any effect on him. He was wrong, and the last thing he saw was green and then black...

Powers and Abilities: Solar Empowerment: Post Terrigenesis, Nick is able to absorb energy from the sun. This increases his physical power to incredible levels, similar to Superman, albeit at a much lower level.

Heat Blasts: Also like Superman, he can project his stored energy into powerful blasts of heat, however unlike Superman, he doesn't have to do it from his eyes, though he can.

Weaknesses: Poisons: Due to his Inhuman physiology, he is somewhat more vulnerable to poisons and disease than the average person.
Solar Energy Reserves: His body can only store so much. Directly projecting it will quickly drain his body and weaken him. That, and he needs the sun to recharge.
Brash: He's powerful and he knows it. Which often leads to him charging in head first.

Destructive Capacity: At full power, Nick can scorch a large city.

Speed: Nick can fly at a maximum of Mach 15.

Durability: At full strength, Nick can withstand the force of a nuclear bomb.

Lifting Strength: At full strength, Nick can lift a city over his head and hold it for about an hour.

Striking Strength: With a single strike, Nick can demolish several city blocks.

Standard Equipment: None

Intelligence: Decent. He's not stupid by any means, unless he's scared, and knows how to make really good cocaine.

Optional stuff.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zdal1MKf0

Random Facts about your character: Despite his knowledge about cocaine, Nick never actually used any.
Puppies are his favorite pet.
He does not function well under stress.

RPG33K

Name/Alias: Daniel Carter

Species: Human

Backstory: Daniel Carter was born in Centropolis, Missouri and he was fighting since the day he could walk. Born premature, Daniel's first fight was to breathe. But after several weeks of struggle however he was cleared to go home. His parents were proud of the little fighter they took home. His next fight was against poverty, his parents were not wealthy and his father died when he was young, leaving his mother to care for the both of them which there was always money they didn't have. Daniel helped however he could though, and spent his days learning to fight from watching Bruce Lee movies. Daniel did not have to physically fight until middle school, when due to his poor background and small stature he gained the attention of bullies, where he often crossed fists with them almost daily. Landing him in the principal's office more than once. Into high school Daniel picked up boxing, using it to both become stronger, as well release some pent up anger. Daniel likely never expected to get so good, but before he knew it, he was boxing in tournaments at nineteen and was fighting professionally at 21. Giving most of his winnings to his mother.

At just 22 years old, Daniel became the youngest boxing champion of his wright class. Earning national renown. Known as the 'Centropolis Knight' his career was at it's peak.

Because just three months later he was expelled for illegal fighting. Barred from fighting professionally again. His shot at redemption had followed closely. As while his star soared in the past few years, Centropolis decayed with crime. A group of vigilante street fighters, calling themselves the 'Outriders' approached him, to clean the streets one brawl at a time. It was an offer Daniel couldn't refuse. For the next two years, Daniel redeemed himself through fighting for the Outriders, becoming the most famous of them, despite not being the leader. And after they finally took down all organized crime it seemed, they were hailed as heroes of the city. The city became safe again, and Daniel and the Outriders eventually faded from the news as all was well.

Except that Daniel was now a fighter...without a cause. Still disbarred from the ring and forgotten by society Daniel started to find his own fights. Walking a dangerous line which could place him in the crossheirs of the law, or perhaps a new cause will becken him to once more fight for justice.

Powers and Abilities:
*Daniel is a highly skilled street fighter and boxer. Able to hold his own and beat down most any street level human.
*Daniel cheats. If backed into a corner Dalton won't hesitate to use weapons or any other advantage he can exploit.

Weaknesses:
*Is very human and mortal. Blunt trauma can kill him.

Destructive Capacity: Wall Level

Speed: Human

Durability: Human

Lifting Strength: Human

Striking Strength: Human

Standard Equipment: N/A

Intelligence: Around average

Theme Song: Cody's Street Fighter Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRQfM6FlQI

Random Facts:
*Despite his fixation on fighting, he actually has a heart of gold
*Is a mama's boy
*His hair is originally brown, he dies it blonde
Defender of the Sonic Franchise, Ash Ketchum, DCEU and Star Wars Prequels.

I enjoy Superhero RPs and Sci fi settings but am down to try anything new really.

Ons/Offs

Atria

I like him G33K! Even if I'm not a fan of fighting games myself. We've got 4 total, including me. Let's see if we can't get one more person before we actually get things up and running!

RPG33K

Quote from: Atria on June 04, 2016, 03:20:49 PM
I like him G33K! Even if I'm not a fan of fighting games myself. We've got 4 total, including me. Let's see if we can't get one more person before we actually get things up and running!

Street Fighter is best fighting! ;D

As you can guess my character is heavily based on Street Fighter and a certain character in general. Cody, one of my favorites, like top five maybe...anyways he grew up in the slums. Became a hometown hero, was framed and locked away by the city he saved. After several years in prison he went from reckless, headstrong and good natured hero to largely apathetic fighter who really just fights to relieve boredom but still has a soft spot.

It will be interesting to see how Dalton's story branches from this.

I enjoy Superhero RPs and Sci fi settings but am down to try anything new really.

Ons/Offs

jeflint

Quote from: RPG33K on June 04, 2016, 05:35:43 PM
Street Fighter is best fighting! ;D

I'd argue that King of fighters is the best, but I have a soft spot for King, Joe Hagasi and Shermi. 😜

RPG33K

Atria, is that one more including Namor? He has not apped yet.

Quote from: jeflint on June 04, 2016, 05:38:53 PM
I'd argue that King of fighters is the best, but I have a soft spot for King, Joe Hagasi and Shermi. 😜
That's the one with Mai Shirinui right? I flipped tables when she beat Chun-Li, even if that was a minor death battle.

Ons/Offs

jeflint

Quote from: RPG33K on June 04, 2016, 06:31:36 PM
That's the one with Mai Shirinui right? I flipped tables when she beat Chun-Li, even if that was a minor death battle.

Mai is Fatal Fury first before they merged Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury and King of Fighting together.  But all were same company, SNK. Until Capcom bought them.

Atria

Quote from: RPG33K on June 04, 2016, 06:31:36 PM
Atria, is that one more including Namor? He has not apped yet.

No. But I'm assuming he's on board. 5 peeps should be enough to get started.

RPG33K

Quote from: jeflint on June 04, 2016, 06:39:04 PM
Mai is Fatal Fury first before they merged Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury and King of Fighting together.  But all were same company, SNK. Until Capcom bought them.

I figured it was SNK. Just could not think of the franchise. Capcom bought them? Seems we won that battle. Now to take care of that pesky Mortal Kombat. ;)

If I had to rank my favorite fighting games, 2d and 3d, it would look like this.

Street Fighter(Anything by Capcom ex, Marvel vs Capcom or Power Stone)
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur
Virtua Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Tekken
King of Fighters

My favorite fighting game characters are

Chun-Li
Ken
Guile
Juri Han
Cody

Won't go into all my favorite fighters from other games. That could be a long list.

Ons/Offs

jeflint

Lol, as this is a recruitment thread I'll differ my opinion/rebuttal until our OCC thread. 😛

Game question, based upon the introduction thread, I'm assuming that this game will have light to no Adult threads. I'm fine with that but it should be stated before we get a player who wasn't anticipating PG-13.

One of the last campaigns went NC-17 pretty quickly. I just want to make sure I'm on the same bookshelf as the other players. 😋

RPG33K

Quote from: jeflint on June 04, 2016, 07:01:05 PM
Lol, as this is a recruitment thread I'll differ my opinion/rebuttal until our OCC thread. 😛

Game question, based upon the introduction thread, I'm assuming that this game will have light to no Adult threads. I'm fine with that but it should be stated before we get a player who wasn't anticipating PG-13.

One of the last campaigns went NC-17 pretty quickly. I just want to make sure I'm on the same bookshelf as the other players. 😋

Well, the only thing forbidden in the OP is reality warping. >:)

Actually, knowing Atria that is a good question though. So, what are the guidelines here Atria?

Ons/Offs

Atria

Quote from: RPG33K on June 04, 2016, 07:04:21 PM
Well, the only thing forbidden in the OP is reality warping. >:)

Actually, knowing Atria that is a good question though. So, what are the guidelines here Atria?

I'm okay with sex and whatnot. I'll probably make a separate thread for it for.those who want to do it and spare those who aren't interested. It'll be put in the Light Exotic section. That okay with everyone?

Namor

Quote from: Atria on June 04, 2016, 07:33:43 PM
I'm okay with sex and whatnot. I'll probably make a separate thread for it for.those who want to do it and spare those who aren't interested. It'll be put in the Light Exotic section. That okay with everyone?

I'm down.

Application will be up shortly. I'm playing vidya games with Rob currently.

Izaya Orihara

Well, I'll make an app.

Probably later today (it's 2 AM here), since I've sort've been staying up a bit late/early. I've also got karate later on, and I don't want to be doing that half asleep.

On another note, I'm not an expert on these comics and fighting games, though I know a bit.
The only character from King of Fighters I can remember is Shion, and that's because I came across him on some anime image boards.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

RPG33K

Quote from: Namor on June 04, 2016, 08:04:41 PM
I'm down.

Application will be up shortly. I'm playing vidya games with Rob currently.

As long as you are winning.

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on June 04, 2016, 08:12:31 PM
Well, I'll make an app.

Probably later today (it's 2 AM here), since I've sort've been staying up a bit late/early. I've also got karate later on, and I don't want to be doing that half asleep.

On another note, I'm not an expert on these comics and fighting games, though I know a bit.
The only character from King of Fighters I can remember is Shion, and that's because I came across him on some anime image boards.
Not to worry, it's not necessary. We were just killing time talking about it really.

Ons/Offs

Atria

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on June 04, 2016, 08:12:31 PM
Well, I'll make an app.

Welcome aboard! You don't have to be, IJ is all about fun and those universes are primarily used for the setting. Please make up your own stuff at your leisure.