Requiem for Mankind: Gods of the Arena [EX] Slavery, Non-Con, Violence, Gritty,

Started by Song, January 05, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Song

World Building [Closed]
World Building [Open]

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first roleplay on E. This roleplay will be alternate universe and Sci-Fi themed. It may contain adult themes ranging from light sexual roleplay to extreme subjects. Essentially, if it's within the rules of E, it could happen in this roleplay, it's a gritty world where anything could happen. As far as sexual themes that will definitely be included go though, in joining this roleplay, you should at least be ok with roleplaying sexual slavery and forced sex/rape. If those things make you feel iffy, this might not be the roleplay for you for you.

Requiem for Mankind
Chapter 1: Gods of the Arena

Scienticsts have long theorized that a large solar flare could cause untold destruction within the electric infrastructure of the earth. A large solar sflare could knock out several satellites and burn out electronics even on the surface of the planet. This kind of a 'killshot' is predicted to be inevitable at some point in the future...

So while it did not come as a surprise, there was nothing we could do when it finally happened. The magnitude of the flare was beyond anything we had anticipated too. It knocked out every last satellite. It knocked out every bit of electric infrastructure on the planet. Internet, television, radio, phones, even the national power grids, all gone. It fried all the batteries, knocking out transportation too. It was like an instant return to the iron age. Perhaps we should have realized it wasn't natural, but we didn't know better, not then.

What followed was a world wide collapse of economy, societal infrastructure, and government. It was pure anarchy, though many government forces kept attempting to keep order, it was difficult due to the lack of communication. It didn't last for long though... The next disaster was around the corner, with reports of large meteorite strikes trickling in. By the time they managed to get a rudimentary radio network back up, it was already clear: Those were no meteorites. This was orbital bombardment, they were targeting military installations, government buildings and police forces. The last struggle to uphold any kind of societal order was buried. Of course, there were still pockets of military units, but since there was no more central authority, they weren't really looking out for anyone but themselves.

I was with a group of scavengers in Paris, as a matter of fact I was their leader, when the invaders landed. They came down with mechs, hover tanks, they were suited up in armor that our weapons could hardly penetrate. It wasn't war, they had picked us apart before we even knew what hit us. My group got pinned down in an abandoned prison facility. I'd like to say we managed to hold them back for a while, but they cut right through us. That was the first I knew they weren't there to just exterminate us. They were taking us away. For what, I didn't know. We were all loaded up in their shuttles and transported off our home world, well, those of our group that survived anyway. I don't know how many people they took altogether, I don't know how many were killed, but I know that human society as we knew it was done for.

As I'm writing this, I'm a slave. I fight for a living... Like the gladiators of old. You'd think that an alien civilization so much further advanced was civilized, but my days are filled with entertaining them for their brutal desires... That's fine, I guess. I could do with the practice. They won't know what hit them. That I swear.

-Nadezhda Dragunov, Spetsnaz.

Mankind is done for. You play as a human slave (The type of slave is up to you.) Owned by a rich alien called Neetru. The societal structure of this alien world is similar to that of ancient Rome. You can also play as an alien slave, if that is what you'd like to do. In that case though, you might have to make up your own alien race (or use an existing one) write a detailed description, which you need to send to me. The idea is to arrange a slave revolt of some kind, though this is a long term target. If you wish to play a non slave character, an alien human sympathizer might be the way to go for you.

Nadhezda Dragunova is the leader of the conspirators. She is also the champion of the arena, played by yours truly. Just because she is the champion doesn't mean she is necessarily the best fighter, it means she defeated the last champion and has not been defeated herself, this gives her a position of respect with the fighting slaves of Neetru.

Human level of technology is modern day technology. Alien technology is advanced enough for energy weapons and inter-stellar travel.

You can play an 'enemy' character, but I suggest this only as a secondary characters, as the opposing forces don't necessarily get any roleplay later on in the main thread. Maximum number of characters per player is 2 I'm not putting a cap on number of players, as it is my experience, that a lot of players drop off withing the first couple of pages of roleplay anyway. I'd rather start it off as a crowded roleplay, than end up with a 1-on-1 roleplay.

If this got you interested, I'm going deeper in the details on rules, Character Sheets, and the like in the next post.
My RP requests: Join the Space gldiators in Requiem For Mankind

O/O

Song

The contents of this post are a subject to change.

Setting:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The universe. However, more specifically, a planet called Rheus, a planet with a climate similar to the Mediterranean on Earth. The planet is in a 0 degree angle and therefore there are no seasons, the north and south poles of the planet are covered by ice, much like the Earth. Days are 27 hour long, with exactly 13.5 hours of sunlight a day. The planet has more land than water, and no large oceans such as the Earth. The social structure of the planet is similar to the social structure of the ancient Rome, ruled by chairman Psyflux, a Silarian exile. The planet is not governed by any large galactic civilization, but rather, is an independent planet where many galactic criminals, smugglers, bounty hunters and the like reside. A safe haven for privates and the exiled. Corruption is rife, and the planet is inhabited by multitude of alien races. One of the few planets outside the Siliarian Empire where slavery is legal in the galaxy.

Important Galactic Factions
Galactic Union: An alliance of democratic worlds, dedicated to bring equality and freedom to everyone across the galaxy. By far the most numerous faction, with the largest military presence, a loose, relatively unorganized alliance, unable to operate at great efficiency. Ruled by President Dovanus.

Siliarian Empire: An empire spanning over a sixth of the Galaxy, ruled by the Emperor Thyrus, who rules with ultimate authority. Their navy is the most feared in the galaxy, and best organized. Though no match in size with the Galactic Union, it is far better organized, more than making up the disadvantage in numbers and resources.

Independent worlds: Not a faction, but the independent worlds are planets governed by themselves, some of them safe havens for pirates and other lawless people, some simply refuse to join any larger faction, preferring to rule their own destinies.

Other Factions: There are a number of smaller factions, that are not separately mentioned here, unless they come up in the roleplay, and need a description. Perhaps in a world building thread if the RP takes off.

Important Species
Humans: Humans are the new 'slave species' largely ignored by the Galactic Union as inferior species, and now used as slaves on several Silarian worlds, as well as some independent ones.

Silarian:

A warrior species known for tendency to conquer other worlds, and for enslaving several other species, or at very least for occupying their worlds and forcing them to swear allegiance to the emperor. Silarians are technologically advanced, and physically imposing. They are on average eight feet tall and their skin, which is the color of coal, can switch between different states of carbon, able to turn from normal skin into nigh impenetrable armor. They have eight tentacles protruding from their backs, strong enough to subdue a member of almost any other race by their tentacles alone.

Other Species:

There are hundreds of intelligent species habiting the galaxy, the list will be updated as and when needed for further information. Perhaps in a world building thread if the RP takes off.

Additional Information
Extreme: The roleplay will be a group roleplay in the EXTREME section. This is not because it's designed to be extreme, but because it removes the limitations of other sections. So something Extreme could very well happen, keep that in mind when joining up. NC themes will definitely be around in every case. Please PM me if something in the RP doesn't feel right for you, and we'll see how we can change things.

Freeform RP: There is no system, and no particular rules. However, if the GM (me) makes something happen in the RP (outside of my character) it will then happen. If you have an issue with a GM intervention, please PM me. My character is also the designated leader of the group. Now you can challenge her all you like, and even take her position, but I recommend against it, since I have a certain direction I plan to take the story toward, and it will become increasingly difficult if my character is not the leader of the group...

Rules: I'd like to not impose many rules on people, really. I would simply ask you not to write unrealistic characters and to respect GM decisions. Respect the O/O's of other people and report any inactivity that's going to last for a week or more.

Character Sheet

Display Name: Elliquiy Display Name
Name: Character Name
Slave type: This could be Fighter, Servant, Entertainer or Sex Slave. (Though any slave may be made to perform any duty.) Disregard if your character is a member of the enemy faction, or perhaps a non-slave human sympathizer?

Appearance: Picture is fine, but written description would be preferable. Both a picture and a written description would be perfect.

Personality: What makes your character tick? Is he silent, or social? Is he aggressive, or passive? IS he strong willed, or not so much? How does he perceive others around and what kind of ethics does he live by. Please elaborate here.

History: What did your character do before the cataclysm? What was their job? How was their day to day life? Please elaborate here.

Strengths and Weaknesses: What are the strengths and weaknesses of your character? Try and observe the zero sum rule here (have the same number of weaknesses as you have strengths) to create a balanced character!

Possessions: If you are a slave, you won't really have much, but perhaps a trinket of some kind? You can always add latter acquired possessions here.

[b]Display Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Slave type:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Strengths and Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Possessions:[/b]

O/O

Drake Valentine

I'll keep an eye on this, although I am not fond of playing slaves myself.

Villains are more my specialty than anything.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Song

Quote from: Drake Valentine on January 05, 2016, 04:59:11 PM
I'll keep an eye on this, although I am not fond of playing slaves myself.

Villains are more my specialty than anything.

Playing a villain would work, but namely, if the main group, say hijacks a spaceship, without the villain, presumably, it could get tricky to keep in it.

No one is going to be forced into NC sex against their OOC wishes either, it is just a part of the RP that makes sense to me, but I don't imagine everyone has to go through it for it to work.

If you've ever seen Spartacus (the TV series) it might give you an idea of the setting... Of course, this setting is in a different time and different planet, but the ideals of the society are kind of similar.

O/O

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Song on January 05, 2016, 05:04:29 PM
Playing a villain would work, but namely, if the main group, say hijacks a spaceship, without the villain, presumably, it could get tricky to keep in it. 

True, less there be various groups within the game. Although that much would require a big enough crowd for such to be accomplished/ and/or multi characters beyond posted limit.

QuoteNo one is going to be forced into NC sex against their OOC wishes either, it is just a part of the RP that makes sense to me, but I don't imagine everyone has to go through it for it to work.

Probably a sublime of additional game rules would help there up top. Such as respecting other players prefs/O&Os(which should be a given in any game,) activity/post requirements, other limitations and anything else under the blue sun.

QuoteIf you've ever seen Spartacus (the TV series) it might give you an idea of the setting... Of course, this setting is in a different time and different planet, but the ideals of the society are kind of similar.

I am familiar with it, although I stopped watching it after season two. I have season 3, somewhere, I think, but, yea, forgot good bit about the series. Though I am familiar with plot and whatnot as hazy as it is from that show.
[/quote]

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Song

Added a few rules and character options, such as an alien human symphatizer... And here's my CS. I prefer no more than 2 characters per person, because that's the amount I'm prepared to lose when someone decides to suddenly drop off...

Display Name: Song
Name: Nadezhda Dragunov
Slave type: Fighter

Appearance: The first thing you'll notice is her short red hair and striking green eyes. Her skin is porcelain and her features soft, but strong. Her body is toned by years of exercise and training, with a visible muscularity, though her shape remains feminine. She is tall, 5'9" and weighs 165 pounds due to her muscular build. Her outfit generally comprises of a leather harness to hold weapons in, and a red jumpsuit.

Personality: Nadezhda is quick to anger, but generally quick to cool off, too, with a fiery temper and short memory for petty grudges. She doesn't take kindly to being questioned when giving out orders, but is willing to listen to others, and even take criticism when the time is right. She is stern and doesn't display many emotions publicly, but that doesn't mean she has none. She keeps her emotions sealed most of the time, for the sake of getting through another day, or for the sake of doing what she is set to do, but internally she struggles with her demons. She is better at listening, and sorting out the problems of the others than talking about her own. Prone to some times making rash decisions and acting hastily, but usually extremely rational and strategically adept.

History: Her childhood had nothing much special to it, she lived in an average Russian family, had a few short relationships during her higher education, and joined the military at the age of 18. She is a former Spetsnaz (Russian special operations.) Operative. Nadezdha was with the Spetznas all the way until the cataclysm, receiving the rigorous training and conditioning there. She has operated in some of the most dangerous conditions on earth, and to this she owes her physical condition and ability to fight, aside from her natural strength and size. During the Cataclysm she was with a group in France, and lead them to scavenge and defend themselves against others, until eventually being cornered by the alien invaders in a Prison they used as their base for a last stand. Her group was swiftly wiped out and her combat training wasn't much use against the superior weapons of the enemy. Upon arriving on Rheus she was dedicated as a fighting slave due to her ability in a fight. She quickly rose in the ranks, winning every fight, some times by the skin of her teeth, to finally achieve the status of the champion in his region. She is generally well respected by her peers, which gives her the status of a leader. It's not one she asked for, but she wants to use to achieve something. To show the bastards that humans will fight back.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strong and agile, she is a skilled combatant. She is proficient with projectile weapons and melee weapons alike. She is a strong leader and an adept strategist.
However, she may react hastily, without thinking things through. She is quick to lose her temper and tends to bottle up her emotions to a point where they may sometimes explode at the most unfavorable moment. She has difficulty leaving people behind, even if it's impossible to save them, some times risking strategical advantage for the sake of saving a single person.

Possessions: A gold colored necklace she got from her sister, who deceased during the cataclysm is her only possession that she has left from her previous life.

O/O