News:

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Deamonbane, September 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphod

Like the time the Patriots traded Demariyus Thomas to the Jets and gave Sam Darnold mono? Hmm.. there could be something in it. :P

Oniya

Well, that's just gotten my 'Tinfoil Hat' award.

Ascribing that level of influence to your opponent is setting yourself up to be beaten by them.

Dollars to Dunkin', the 'masterminding' would have been Belichick telling his players 'If you don't feel safe, opt out.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zaphod

If we're talking tin foil, then Belichick is probably tanking the season to get his hands on Trevor Lawrence. XD

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Aiden on July 27, 2020, 06:32:09 PM
Considering what happened in Philly, with 8-10 players testing positive (and they aren't in a bubble)

It makes sense this will start happening. More so with players who have families with at risk conditions.

Well looks like we have already wasted another year with Wentz. For fucks sake he is already carrying our injury prone players. This pandemic killed us before we got started. Fuck this virus.

Bevatoria

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 30, 2020, 06:18:38 PM
Fuck this virus.

I can agree with that sentiment.

I'd make a joke about an Eagles fan being rational but this doesn't seem like the time or place :p
Ons/offs, A/As and an F list.

Zaphod

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 30, 2020, 06:18:38 PM
Well looks like we have already wasted another year with Wentz. For fucks sake he is already carrying our injury prone players. This pandemic killed us before we got started. Fuck this virus.

I think Aiden may have been talking about what happened to the Marlins in Philadelphia. The Eagles seem to be fine as of now since training camp has just started. I'd be happy to see the season cancelled. I don't want players, staff or their families dying for my entertainment.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Bevatoria on July 30, 2020, 06:28:21 PM
I can agree with that sentiment.

I'd make a joke about an Eagles fan being rational but this doesn't seem like the time or place :p

I know, after what happened when Philadelphia won the Super Bowl, I had my doubts as well. But surprisingly we do exist.

Two years later and it feels like it never happened with all the ego and misfortune that came of the last two seasons. The Lombardi hangover has lasted long enough. Hopefully though my fellow fans have realized that Wentz is the least of our issues.

Quote from: Zaphod on July 30, 2020, 06:35:31 PM
I think Aiden may have been talking about what happened to the Marlins in Philadelphia. The Eagles seem to be fine as of now since training camp has just started. I'd be happy to see the season cancelled. I don't want players, staff or their families dying for my entertainment.

That makes much more sense. The MLB basically strongarmed the players into this season so there's no chance they will do the right thing. And after the WWE mishandling things I thought that would have been the worst of it.

Now back on topic. As for the NFL, they seem to be handling things much more decently and cautiously from what I have watched and looked up. Considering the state of things, some sense of normality is needed more so than ever. A season of football is just that. As long as they are able to opt out if they wish, take the proper steps to ensure player safety then I am fine with it.

Zaphod

Another year and still no job for Kaepernick. Not even as a backup. A guy who's taken his team to the super bowl. Meanwhile Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starting QB of the Dolphins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/as-season-approaches-theres-been-zero-interest-in-colin-kaepernick/

CriminalMindsFan

I think the social issues also distracted from Kaepernick having changed physically before his last season as 49ers QB. It's been awhile but he either bulked up and slowed down or lost weight in attempt to get faster. Which ever it was, his play on the field suffered but they made it back to Super Bowl without him and his obsession with attempting to pass the ball over and over to Crabtree at end of a prior Super Bowl was also his downfall as a QB.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Zaphod on September 07, 2020, 02:23:16 PM
Another year and still no job for Kaepernick. Not even as a backup. A guy who's taken his team to the super bowl. Meanwhile Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starting QB of the Dolphins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/as-season-approaches-theres-been-zero-interest-in-colin-kaepernick/

Even so Kapernick is also in a free agency market with a lot of other quarterbacks in the bunch. And Kap hasn't really done anything to distance himself from the pack in terms of talent. Finally just look at the quarterback talent in the league right now. Kap really doesn't stand a chance of getting hired in my opinion.

Deamonbane

I thought Tua was the Fins QB1
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 07, 2020, 08:18:22 PM
I thought Tua was the Fins QB1

Nope. Fitzpatrick is. Giving Tua time to marinate is smart in my eyes. Let him adjust to the NFL's level of competition is vital to not wasting his potential

Deamonbane

Oh well. Fitzmagic has done this a few times already, showing spurts of magic, just enough to get a starting job and a decent contract only to turn terrible again.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Bevatoria

For all of Kaep's flaws as a QB, even removed from the game he'd still be a darn sight better than many backups in the league today, if not a few starters.

I was wishing Green Bay had signed him when Rodgers was hurt a few years ago, since even if he failed there was at least the hope of contention.

Fitzpatrick at least has the potential to win a few games, but he'll lose a bunch, too.  He's like the opposite of a steady eddie backup :p

Laughing Hyena

Yep, and then Brady, Winston and Fitzpatrick all had to show up on the free agency/trade and this was a fairly heavy draft of young quarterbacks these past three seasons. Heck, Im honestly having problems with trying to sort out which teams didn't draft a quarterback. Honestly I think the only notable ones were the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings. I could very well be wrong but thats off the top of my head.

Deamonbane

Packers picked up Jordan Love, as I recall.

Honestly, the team that baffles me the most is the Bears, who have Mitch Trubisky and Nick Foles as their QB1 and QB2.

Laughing Hyena

Thanks for the correction. Dunno how I forgot the Packers drafting Love but I did. Not sure what to think about Foles since he is much a situational QB. Dunno what is with Trubisky. I expect him to break out but he seems like he's relapsing. Hey least they have a reliable kicker now right?

Lady Sakura

Deamonbane

Still not over Brady and Gronk not playing in red white and blue.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 10, 2020, 05:03:56 PM

Still not over Brady and Gronk not playing in red white and blue.

I feel you and hey! I have gronk and Lindsay too! Great minds! 🙌🏼

Bevatoria

I like Sakura's team, and am a fan of Diggs and Thielen on Deamon's team even as they play (or in Digg's case, played) for one of Green Bay's rivals.

I remember reading somewhere that Gronk tended to get drafted too early so I would be wary of him on my team but best of luck for both of you :)

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Bevatoria on September 10, 2020, 08:19:28 PM
I like Sakura's team, and am a fan of Diggs and Thielen on Deamon's team even as they play (or in Digg's case, played) for one of Green Bay's rivals.

I remember reading somewhere that Gronk tended to get drafted too early so I would be wary of him on my team but best of luck for both of you :)

I picked him dead last XD

Deamonbane

I do tend to pick with my heart over my head. I may be doing this fantasy team thing wrong...

Zaphod

It feels so good to have football back on Sundays! I'm getting the New England game here but I'll take it. Cam Newton is looking good so far. Sakky and Bane must be pleased. The offense is looking very different compared to the Brady era.

Laughing Hyena

*Double face palms* Dear god just delete this damn franchise now. The Eagles have the dubious honor of being the first team defeated by the Football Team.