News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[interest check] super heroes

Started by Hellis, December 15, 2008, 03:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellis

Do you Remember the good ol'days? You know, when heroes were looked up upon when they flew trough the sky. The days when bravery was what counted, when saving life and helping the weak won the hearts of many. Do you remember, the men and woman who soared the skies, who fought the horrible monsters we, normal humans could never handle. Do you remember when being super heroes was something wonderful. Do you remember the good old days?

But...

Those days have past, those values are no more. The truth is, in the long run, the heroes vendettas with there personal nemesis and there great battles also left scars in many hearts. The losses of lives that were the result of a clash between the Titan and The Ark or the passengers who froze to death in the ocean after their ship had been sunk by a stray torpedo as Nemo and Seahorror did battle were just to many. The media, the mob, the governments. They all unified in one aspect, there were to be no more heroes. No longer The heroes were welcomed, all use of superpowers forbidden. Special cases, such as alien ambassadors and mythological creatures were dealt with accordingly by sending them away or locking them up. And as the heroes lost support, some later fell in battle, some went into exile or in other ways disappeared from sight. Prisons were created made to hold "special prisoners"

There were not much left for heroes to do. With all the hotshots and veterans gone, the ones left to protect were the second rate heroes, the local and inexperienced, the young and ambitious, the ones that at the most had stopped a few robberys. It's going to be some difficult times ahead now that the world have turned on it's hereos..

So now the question is, if the heroes are trying to protect the public, who are protecting them from the public itself? And just who are gonna stop the horrible super villains if they resurface? surely there must be someone else then a ragtag team of second-rate heroes?

Looking for Heroes out there.

Clio

I'd be interested. What plot members are you looking for?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Spider

Im interested, though curious if it will be a system or free form game. Abit more meat on the bones when it comes to chars and what you plan with the story, what will its focus be? will there be sexual content? and so on and so forth :)

The Dandy

Don't count me out but don't count me in either. I'm certainly intrigued.

I'm guessing this is going to be more along the lines of Kingdom Come?
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

Hellis

Quote from: The Dandy on December 17, 2008, 04:12:24 AM
Don't count me out but don't count me in either. I'm certainly intrigued.

I'm guessing this is going to be more along the lines of Kingdom Come?

A bit. Kingdom Come, Astro City and The Incredibles where all Inspiration for me.

I think it will be a free-form, can't see it benefit much from a system.

The story itself isn't set in stone (I dislike having that, It needs grow somewhat freely) but will go along the lines of younger or otherwise more unexperienced heroes trying to take up the mantle while dodging authorities.

Mystic Dragon

Sounds interesting- unconventional or antiheroes allowed?
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Hellis

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on December 17, 2008, 12:35:54 PM
Sounds interesting- unconventional or antiheroes allowed?

very much so, as I imagine they are on the edgee with authorities from the beginning

Also, there will be exual content, but try as I might, I don't want it to be the only focus.

Mystic Dragon

Good- I wasn't sure if you were looking for a whitewash hero game. I'd be interested in running a demon type hero- does things that help people but mostly does it for themselves.

TanaSilver

I'm interested, if you decide to move ahead with this.
O/O

The Dandy

All fine inspirations indeed. Just wanted to see if it was more Kingdom Come/Astro City as opposed to Watchmen (Fine story, but the impact of it...)

Well I am certainly more interested then I was. Count me in.
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

Spider

What powerlevels are we talking?  (systems usually help with defining what you cant and can do ;) )
from Batman aka Talented Hero up to Superman or Magneto with large scale powers. I assume you lean more towards the lower part of the scale but question still remains, what powers are allowed and which arent?

Hellis

Quote from: Spider on December 17, 2008, 04:48:41 PM
What powerlevels are we talking?  (systems usually help with defining what you cant and can do ;) )
from Batman aka Talented Hero up to Superman or Magneto with large scale powers. I assume you lean more towards the lower part of the scale but question still remains, what powers are allowed and which arent?

Well. That is a question i have been pondering. Obviously (at least to me) Sentry/superman levels are not encouraged.  Batman/Rorsarch types are of course allowed as they don't really hold other power then that which intellect can give them. I can mention the fact that my character will be an Electricity manipulator that can charge up and cause damage but have little control and deplete himself so if the power is balanced with fatal/serious flaws its balanced it should be ok.

As for a concrete list: I'd  think we deal mostly with omnipotence kind of things, higher forms of telepathy (Pheonix/Xavier/Emma frost levels), superior control of an element or natural compound (Magneto like you mentioned is a prime example). Ridiculous levels of self regeneration like Wolverines or indestructibility like hulks would be a no-go since that make you basically unstoppable/non-killable.

Mystic Dragon

Nobody is unkillable. We all try to be as hard to kill as possible, but behead Wolverine, and he's done. Even gods have their day ;D

Hellis

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on December 17, 2008, 07:53:47 PM
Nobody is unkillable. We all try to be as hard to kill as possible, but behead Wolverine, and he's done. Even gods have their day ;D

Wrong, its been stated wolverine can regenerate from a single cell.

Mystic Dragon

Well, if we wanted to bring that up, Cell from DBZ had the same ability, and that didn't save him. Give Wolverine a Lava Bath, and he's done.

I agree with you that such powers are annoying and should be avoided, but you ain't safe, no matter who you are  ;D

TinselTrick

If this is still going ahead I'm very interested.

Insanitosis

I would be too, but if allowed I would not be a hero
Kekeke

Or maybe I would...
Who knows.

Aether

I would love to play in this!   ;D

If you are open still for characters, I will work on a write up.  I have an interesting idea for a character, a young male recently made aware of his super agility.  He is Asian in ancestry, maybe Japanese for an air of elitism.  He is well versed in the quarterstaff.

Being that this hero can grow up in any major city with a "china town", I want to focus his morality on that of a mindful observer of his heritage.  He is all Japan, and everything his purist culture exudes to be.  So he is lawful.  The rest will have to fall as his social pressures dictate.

His interest in a post by post rp would be some interaction with the chosen location as per the GM.  Something outside his 'china town'.  This interaction which will be my first post will make his super abilities aware to the rest of the world; something that had been secret till now will be made fully aware.

Looking forward to this!

Aether

Hotaru is an adolescent teen that works at his parents restaurant as a cook.  When he is not working, he is at his masters dojo learning the ways of the staff.  His master has made a frightening revelation to the student in that he can teach him no more. 

"Too agile are you.  You need to find someone better to train you now."  The teacher turned sadly from his pupil and walked out of sight.

Hotaru at this point led of with the family business and worked as a hired 'staff' for his father.  This seemingly leading no where lead Hotaru to save for his own future.  At 23 years of age, he has a loft apartment set up for his training, two story to provide 3-D to his training scenarios.

He is aware of his super agility, and that being the reason for his master dismissing him as a student.  Hotaru is now in search of one that can take his supernatural agility into account and train him to further excellence.

Pumpkin Seeds

I dunno...it does sound cool the idea of the exiled superhero.  Not sure if I could come up with a concept anytime soon though.

Insanitosis

My character will likely be an assassin who specialized in superhumans. The loss of heroes would force him to retire for a bit, but perhaps he could come back