Phantom PMs?

Started by Drake Valentine, October 27, 2013, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

I encountered this twice as of late.

Up top with the notifications, where it tells you You Have # New Messages

At one point it only stated one, but at the time I had two which were entirely new that day and I did not check my box any time prior.

And another instance it said I had one, but I got two from the same user. So one beforehand didn't register in the notifications?

Sorry if any of this is confusing. >_>

And I am speaking more of site notifications than email ones.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vekseid

The # of new messages is denormalized, so it doesn't always sync with reality. It's expected and usually clears up on its own.

Drake Valentine

So essentially it would correct itself? How long does that take as the ones that I last recall that didn't notify me happen around 12 PM and I got on around 6:30 PM. >.>  Unless there is a delay when logging into site?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vekseid

Quote from: Drake Valentine on October 27, 2013, 11:36:38 PM
So essentially it would correct itself? How long does that take as the ones that I last recall that didn't notify me happen around 12 PM and I got on around 6:30 PM. >.>  Unless there is a delay when logging into site?

Sometimes it takes someone sending you a pm.