Return of Heroes (still recruiting)

Started by IrishWolf, November 09, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

Quote from: bubby on November 19, 2013, 12:41:08 PM
I think you need a certain Demoness to thwart the Heroes at intervals.  >:)

Just sayin'... >_>

Thanks for the reminder bubby, I owe you a post elsewhere

And is that your way of volunteering to play a "big bad"?

bubby

Quote from: IrishWolf on November 19, 2013, 06:41:37 PM
Thanks for the reminder bubby, I owe you a post elsewhere

And is that your way of volunteering to play a "big bad"?

I would totally forgo our 1v1 to play a 'big bad' in this game, if you're interested in such IrishWolf!

IrishWolf

bubby

Quote from: IrishWolf on November 22, 2013, 12:35:25 AM
Sure thing bubby, I'd love to have you

Nice! When you have time, shoot me a PM at what you're looking for in a 'big bad'. Power wise, plot wise, anything. Also, on whether you'd want a Demoness like the one in the 1v1, or someone more Lady Death like.

Chtozahuinya

Name: Zulgos

Description: Sun-bleached blonde hair, short and wild, curls around his pointed ears and falls into his golden eyes. Broad shoulders, uncommon for his kind, lead to ropey arms thick with sinew. His skin is a dark copper, burnt by a life time spent in the sun. On his forehead is the archaic brand for an elven outcast, something not seen for a century at least. His wide hands are tipped with long fingers thickened by callouses.

Profession: Bandit King

Equipment : When he wakes he is wearing nothing but the manacles he was entombed with. His dagger Akburak should be close by.

History: Born on the edges of the Sunsear desert steppes in the elven oasis-kingdom of Lohaliel, Zulgos was left at the well of a prominent merchant. The merchant had no children but raised Zulgos to be a strong and hardy boy.

Gifted athletically the boy excelled at elven traditional contests like archery. Zulgos studied his letters under the merchants tutelage,  even traveling with him if circumstances allowed. At some point when he was between a boy and a man grown he beat a boy almost to death for calling him "half-elf." The boy was the son of a local magistrate. Even with all of his influence, the merchant was unable to sway the magistrate and Zulgos was sent to work in the steppe mines.

Years of hard labor among the politically disavowed and murderers turned Zulgos into dangerous and cunning elf. When he returned to Lohaliel the merchant took him in immediately. The party lasted for three months, and some say for Zulgos it never ended. Never far froma cask of wine or a bowl of hashish, Zulgos swaggered through each town as if he owned it.

Despite his near-constant inebriated state Zulgos proved to be a shrewd negotiator. He hired elves he had met in the mines as guards and hired bandits to attack is rivals instead of him. Word eventually reached the magistrate that one merchant was avoiding the terrible losses suffered by caravans throughout the Sunsear desert. With the ever increasing number of bandit attacks this could not be a coincidence.

After a particularly arduous journey into the steppes of the hillgiant clans, Zulgos returned to find his foster father's manse in smoking ruin. He was clamped in irons and brought before the magistrate. Many of his rivals, petty merchants from the city, spoke against him. He was beaten near death and thrown out of the city. The last words he heard before his eyes closed, "No one touches me, half elf. Your father will die a thousand deaths in the Tower of Sorrow."

Tales are still told among desert dwelling elves of the Bandit King. It was said he once loosed an arrow at the moon, striking her heart and stealing her love. He was the Golden Shadow, beautiful to behold as your life ended.
If you subscribe to a school of thought you no longer think for yourself. Don't choose sides, choose causes.