(Closed) Mercedes Thompson Universe RP: Portland-OR

Started by Diablerie, August 12, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idariel

Quote from: Hekate on August 14, 2011, 07:26:32 PM
*Since we are a small bunch, don't be scared of creating other characters! I just ask that if you do please play them! ^_^

I've been reading the wikki, and I think I'd like to make an old Fae Lord, probably a forest Fae, as I think the section of Oregon you are thinking of is forested, and a submissive female were wolf ... I'll send you along the character sheets in PMs when I've plowed through a bit more of the Wikki.
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Kokaine

Alright, here is my character...

Name: Victoria “Tori” Tyndall

Appearance: Tori is an attractive tomboy. She takes good care of her body and cleans up very well when necessary but she is usually dressed very comfortably. She is 5'6” and 135 lbs. She has pale blonde hair, which she likes to dye, and blue eyes.

Personality: Tori is for the most part a friendly person though she doesn't trust easily. She is naturally wary of new people but will warm up quickly if nothing sets off her wolf. She is an active girl who enjoys hanging with the boys whenever she can. She was bitten fairly young so despite her age she has had plenty of time to learn to master her emotions. Her patience is fairly long for a dominant wolf but that does not mean she will tolerate insults or challenges. She possesses strong protective instincts.

Race and Powers: Female werewolf – she shifts a bit faster than the average werewolf, what she lacks in strength (against males) she makes up for with speed and agility

Important position (If you have one within your race): She is a Dominant and is the highest ranked female in the pack (apart from the Alpha's mate if he has one...)

Brief History: Growing up was rather rough for Tori. She participated in a lot of sports to keep away from home when she could but also had to protect her younger sister from their drunk and abusive father. Their mother was too weak to stand up to their father and as a result Tori had little respect for her.

One night, she (age 17) and her sister (age 15) were walking home after a game at the high school when the were attacked by a wolf gone rogue. Neither of the sisters would leave the other behind and as a result both were badly mauled by the beast. Through sheer will power, she was able to hang on as her body knitted itself back together. Her sister, however did not fair so well and died before the change could take hold. The local pack took Tori in, as they were responsible for not taking care of the rogue sooner, and she had been with them ever since.

She's slowly worked her way up the pack's hierarchy, asserting her dominance and taking challenges as they come. Many in the pack learned quickly that she was not to be taken lightly, no matter her size.

Wolf Form

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Haloriel

Very nice, Kokaine!  I really like her.  Now to post my own character! :D  So many fun games!  ~bounces~

Haloriel

Name: Rosa Quinn ( True Name: Róisín Cătălina Torvalis - Quinn)

Appearance: Long curling hair frames an oval face that seems plain upon first glance due her tendency not to look others in the eye.  Black in colour, it holds a hint of brown and red highlights, flowing in an deliberately unkempt fashion to the middle of her back.  Crystal and glass bead-work is braided into some tendrils where others lay entirely neglected. 

A tip tilted nose is in evidence between cheekbones high, and above unpainted lips in a natural pink that are on the thinner side, but not unpleasant.  It is perhaps in her plainness that she might be one to draw a second, and a third glance, as it is only in being further in her presence that one could ever place the word beautiful to this woman.  Her skin seems as pale as the moon, having an odd softness to it. 

Lithely formed limbs and torso are covered in pleasing curves, with breast, hip and thigh being just somewhat more than average for a woman of her height, which is a very tall five foot eleven and a half.  Her arms, back, and shoulders are covered in ancient runic tattoos of a protective nature that shift to and fro when attempted to be deciphered by an ordinary human, or one only with a slight gift.  She does not recall getting them, and often presents it as a jest.

Though her hair generally covers them, her ears are pointed at the tips to a tiny degree, which is something she finds deeply embarrassing, along with having oddly elongated canines - and as a result, she does not smile and show her teeth even though they are even and white.  She moves with an awkward gait that is at times graceful in its clumsy manner, as if she is trapped in her own body, and never learned to deal with her size.  Her eyes are a dark blue in hue with a hint of spring green that appears when she gets angry, with a gaze that glows a molten silvery blue-green upon casting any magic.

Rosa tends to dress in long cotton skirts with soft button-down shirts in bright colours, jeans with stylish cuts - she loves clothing.  Her ears are pierced with tiny silver stags, and around her neck is a runic charm that she’s had as long as she can remember.  She loves shoes.

Personality & Other Traits: Rosa is a fickle sort, with a sharp mind and a tongue often too quick for her own good.  Some might say she is a foolish sort, but backing down from a fight simply isn’t in her unless she knows she’ll be beaten.  She calls it her witchy-mood to fellow witches and those she finds a comfort.  Her voice is a high, musical one with the soft lilt of Ireland in it, even though her looks are as dark as a sensual gypsy girls.  She is quick to anger and rage, and just as quick to weep and be pleased; mercurial at best would be her manner.

She is known to love to sing and play various instruments. 

Race and Powers: Witch/One quarter blooded Fae (⅛ through both maternal and paternal lines this is unknown).  She has a partial immunity to Fae glamouring, and complete immunity to Vampire glamouring.  Can sense Fae(but does not understand what they are). Truth sight/sound : one cannot lie in her presence without her knowing, Vampires also find themselves unable to lie, but older ones can bend truth; as can older Fae.  She will sense things as truth or lie - which is different from honesty, truth bending will register as truth for the oldest of the Fae and Vampires.  Creation of Illusions and real objects from her song at will, can entrance humans and lesser supernatural types; for those not entranced, they are drawn to her, Has an ability that will lead her to powerful magical objects. Most importantly, she has the power of healing hands, which will only work if the person first wants to be healed, and if they believe in her gift; her healing ability includes the restoration or granting of fertility - though its use will leave her extremely tired for days. 

When inebriated or tired she will leak magic, and tends to smell strongly to super-naturals of fresh air, sunlight, and green magic.  Her truth ability registers to shifters much like their own truth sense.

Important position: Grey Witch, Bard; a grey witch is one that will only do harm in certain circumstances - and fuel their power with their own pain and blood.

Brief History: Rosa, or Róisín as her real name(pronounced Ro’sheen), is a gypsy grey witch of the last remaining Torvalis line of European witches.  Her maternal great-grand father was a full blooded Fae (or See-lie Sidhe), having fought another of his kind to keep Adelina(her witch blooded great-great grandmother) to breed her.  He was killed with cold iron by a human man in devotion to the other Fae that desired Adelina first; she discovered it and it cost him her love.  Adelina cursed the Fae that he remain lonely as she would in her bitterness( human curses, especially witch curses have power in emotion).  She had a daughter of the union between the deceased Fae and herself named Amalia but bound her daughter’s magic so that she would only register as human.  Amalia met and married a human wizard of the Torvalis line as expected, bearing a single female child of the union named Marcela - the birth caused her death.

Marcela was Róisín’s mother, and unknown to herself - one quarter blooded Fae.  In proper gypsy fashion through this, she made her way to Ireland, marrying a quirky stage magician by the name of Niall Quinn - also one quarter blooded Fae(green man/fertility/healing based), and not realising it.  She bore him three children before she died three years ago, and the family moved to the United States when Róisín was a child.  In true traveller form, they lived everywhere.  With the death of her mother, Niall’s will simply seemed to fail and he lives with his eldest son, Mikhail.  Róisín’s elder brothers whom are identical twins - Mikhail and Doyle - work for a powerful law firm back east, choosing to settle - ironically the pair work for one of the firms that are Fae run.

Róisín has found herself wandering somewhat lost, recently having made her way to the city of Portland with the intent to find work as a bartender and singer.

Kokaine

Quote from: Haloriel on August 15, 2011, 10:24:43 PM
Very nice, Kokaine!  I really like her.  Now to post my own character! :D  So many fun games!  ~bounces~

Thanks. Your character is very nice as well. It will be interesting to see how she interacts with the other characters once things get going.^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Haloriel

Indeed!  I'm excited about this game as I don't tend to do modern stuff, having written two sample prompts and a single short story in the genre.

Kokaine

I love urban fantasy! Reading or writing... I love, love, love it! ^^

...*is kinda hyper if you couldn't tell*...

My O/Os

Kuje

Both your chars are very nice.

I've been a urban fantasy addict for a long time, it's one of my favorite genes now since traditional fantasy is hard to find now.

Haloriel

I'm hoping to learn.  I've read a TON of it, just never really written the urban stuff.  Nothing wrong with being hyper, I say! :D :D :D

~blushes~  Thank you, Kuje!  I liked yours, also!  This is shaping up to be fun.  Now if we could get more werewolves of the dominant variety, and some vampires!  Maybe a plain human or two also. :D

rocknrolla

I'd like to officially express me interest, whilst I haven't had the satisfaction of reading the lovely Mercedes Thompson novels, I still went through the wiki and Hekate's excellent description for each class. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Caela

I love this idea. I will work up a character bio...right now am thinking an Omega wolf but what comes out when I type and what is in my head when I start are not always the same lol.

Idariel

Quote from: rocknrolla on August 19, 2011, 12:28:19 PM
I'd like to officially express me interest, whilst I haven't had the satisfaction of reading the lovely Mercedes Thompson novels, I still went through the wiki and Hekate's excellent description for each class. :-)

Yay! Her descriptions are quite wonderful, aren't they? After reading through them I actually started the first novel.

"Visualize your dream

~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Idariel

Quote from: Caela on August 19, 2011, 04:31:10 PM
I love this idea. I will work up a character bio...right now am thinking an Omega wolf but what comes out when I type and what is in my head when I start are not always the same lol.

More wolves! Yay! 
"Visualize your dream

Haloriel

Wonderful to see all of the interest!  Wee!  ~bounces from thread~

Diablerie

:o

I am so excited and welcome all! ;D I'm sorry I couldn't get to all of you sooner and all because of real life, but I am here and today, I'll be opening new thread for approved characters for all to read and get to know the other characters!  ;)

Haloriel

Yay!  I do know what beginning semester craziness is like! 

Is it ...  O:) ... or more like ...  >:)!?!

Diablerie

Haloriel

XD

Well, I'm sure you'll give 'em what for.  ;)

On topic, what character types do you still need, Miss Lady?

Idariel

Quote from: Hekate on August 21, 2011, 12:49:13 PM
Hehehehehe

>:) >:) >:) >:)<-Like this lol

<hugs> goodness!

Oh! I finished the first book and am off on the second ... they are really good, thank you for drawing my attention to them!
"Visualize your dream

Diablerie

Quote from: Idariel on August 21, 2011, 01:01:25 PM

<hugs> goodness!

Oh! I finished the first book and am off on the second ... they are really good, thank you for drawing my attention to them!

My pleasure, lady Idariel! ^_^

Diablerie

The Character Profiles are up!

All of them are excellent! I really can't wait for us to start and there are some ideas that you guys have shared during your character profiles that can be major plots! ^_^

Up to now we have:

1 Walker

2 Female Wolfs

2 Fae

1 Witch

*Any Race is welcome to be played!

Powerful Positions in need to be fill:

*The Portland Pack Alpha

*The Portland (or all of Oregon)Vampire Seethe Leader (Either Male or Female)

*A powerful Witch who serves all supernatural groups<--Though maybe this one may already be taken.

(I must go, but later on during the evening/night-I will come back! ^_^)

Kuje

Cool beans, and yea, I know what it's like to get ready for the semester. Mine starts in about 2 weeks. Brain melt this semester with chemistry and math!

Bayushi

Name: Hirano Akiko

Appearance: See photo. Akiko is an unnaturally small woman, topping out at four feet and eleven inches, massing a meager ninety-nine pounds. She is rarely seen wearing pants, almost always a skirt (or dress), wearing blouses of one sort or another. If one finds their way under the skirt and blouse, they will find that Akiko does not wear undergarments most of the time. She will, on occasion, wear individual knee stockings, if it is cold.

Personality: Quirky and odd, little Akiko has always been both incorrigable and playful, however also tends to avoid social settings. Having immigrated from her maternal family's home town of São Paulo, Brazil, Akiko is finding it difficult to find a new circle of friends.

Race and Powers: Walker (Black Jaguar)

Brief History: Hirano Suko married a prominent Japanese businessman a year prior to Akiko's birth. Suko decided to remain in São Paulo when she learned she was expecting a child, and bid her husband good bye as he departed on a lengthy business trip in China.

When it came time for her deliver her child, Suko travelled to a supposedly revered site over 100km from São Paulo; that not only helped ease child birth, but brought health to the new born as it came into the world.

Akiko was raised somewhat strictly by her mother, seeing her father on rare occasions when he was able to come 'home' from business trips or his work in his homeland of Japan. A particularly small child, Akiko was watched over carefully by the small Japanese-Brazilian community where she and her mother resided.

At the tail end of her first year at Univeridade de São Paulo, Akiko was walking home when she was stopped by a police man. Getting out, the Police man informed the little woman that her mother had been found killed in her kitchen, and that he needed her to come with him. Instead of taking her to identify her mother's remains, the "police man" drove her outside of the city and proceeded to rough the petite woman up, before tearing her clothing from her and harshly violating the virginal girl.

As he stood over her bruised and ravished form, laughing, Akiko's power (that she'd discovered upon reaching puberty) awakened within her, and the nude girl suddenly became an angry large black jaguar. Pouncing upon the shocked rapist, Akiko proceeded to rip the man's throat out.

When she finally calmed down enough to shift back into her human form, Akiko took the man's keys and his car, driving back into São Paulo and directly for home. When she stepped into the apartment building, she found her residence blocked off by police tape, but was allowed in by officers to get what she needed. Taking her mother's private stash of cash and jewels, saved for future trouble, Akiko fled to the American Embassy with her passport in hand. Won over by the girl's story of police corruption and her subsequent rape (given how bruised and marked up the small girl was), Akiko was given a visa to the United States, where she later earned a Permanent Residence card (Green Card), working towards a full citizenship.

OOC Comment: I live near Portland in real life. I live south, in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and have been to Portland numerous times (and lived in Vancouver WA (just north of Portland over the Columbia River).

rocknrolla

Name: Rory McGregor

Appearance: With long flowing hair tied to a braid, and his height towering to over 6'5 Rory can be an intimidating sight for the eyes. His green orbs, chiseled chin and the structure helps the creature to turn into its true form whenever threatened.

Personality: Rory is prone to anger and seethes with rage, and the fact how his past remains a mystery even after five years of becoming an Alpha seems to drive the creature over the edge at times. But bestowed with compassion for those dearest to him, Rory exercises a strict code of justice for all the members of his pack. He often struggles with pride regardless of how often it finds its abode within him or how unnecessary it becomes – Rory shares a deep connection with each and every werewolf of his pack, having spent this amount of time with them had taught the creature a lot.

Rory is an exceptional thinker despite being spontaneous, one thing he learned in the beginning was to hone his instincts in a fight or flight situation when it came to existence and that has served the creature well for all this time.

He is ambitious almost to the edge of foolhardy for whenever a dangerous task shows up, Rory risks himself rather than the other in the line of duty. He has come to care for the clan as he calls it, rather than a pack, in the last two years as he learned more about the members, and feels a close inkling to them in spite of hailing from across the world.

Race and Powers: Werewolf

Important Position: Alpha (Portland)

Brief History: It all began when the werewolf opened his eyes and found himself in a strange city they all referred to as Portland, not knowing where he hailed from, or how he ended up there… the werewolf struggled with his identity for a period of several weeks before another of his kind met and challenged him. An outsider, worse an outcast he was… and instinct took over him which beckoned him to fight and slay, but exercised prudence and ran away only to be chased until the running became tiresome and Rory accepted to be cornered one day.

He slew the Alpha and all those who joined in the fight, and five years later find himself the head of this pack. Judging from his demeanor and accent, he was informed he might have hailed from Scotland, but how the creature ended up across the coast remains a mystery to him. He sees his past coming together in fragmented dreams on lonesome nights, but all for naught when he doesn’t remember a thing in the morn.

Whilst the city life does not perturb the Alpha much, he tries hard to come to grips with it. Whilst an excellent negotiator, Rory makes for a poor diplomat without the knowledge of the city , it scars him like a bad memory, the only one he has got so far.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Haloriel