[nWoD] The Omerta Masquerade [Recruiting!]

Started by Angie, November 25, 2014, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

*pokes nose in*  Okay.  Question for the group.  Sounds like we've got a few Sin-Eaters (To be fair, I would play one, too, they're on my list of what I'd play for this game).  What about Hunters?  A lot of the Hunter Conspiracies didn't exist until the latter half of the 20th.  The Loyalists of Thule, for example, grew right out of Nazi Germany & the 30s and 40s...so I would imagine they don't exist yet...how would we handle that?

Angie

You could play a Hunter if you wanted, you just wouldn't be a member of the conspiracies-at least, none of the ones that aren't around.

To be fair, Sin-Eaters kinda work perfectly in the party/noir style that we've painted the 20s in, though we do have a Moros Mage, a Physic writer, a Werewolf smuggler, and a potential shapechanger (I.E. weaker Werewolf-no offense).

Huh, maybe I should make an Approved characters thread.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ReijiTabibito

Yeah.  I was planning on playing a Sin-Eater myself, since they're one of the new supernatural types that came out with the NWoD.  Prometheans are another, but I can see that they'd cause a major problem in the setting, since Promes are typically insular.

Physic?  You lost me.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 27, 2014, 06:55:08 PM
Yeah.  I was planning on playing a Sin-Eater myself, since they're one of the new supernatural types that came out with the NWoD.  Prometheans are another, but I can see that they'd cause a major problem in the setting, since Promes are typically insular.

Physic?  You lost me.

Second Sight book. She's mortal except for that power, and she's incredibly weak compared to you guys. Think along the lines of a ghoul.

ReijiTabibito

Got it.  Yeah, I actually considered playing a mortal...then I realized I would pretty much be dogmeat for anything else that came along.  Okay, so, Sin-Eaters, a Mage, a Werewolf, a...whatever splat shapechangers belong in...no Vampires, and you don't have to worry about me being one either...

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 27, 2014, 06:59:31 PM
Got it.  Yeah, I actually considered playing a mortal...then I realized I would pretty much be dogmeat for anything else that came along.  Okay, so, Sin-Eaters, a Mage, a Werewolf, a...whatever splat shapechangers belong in...no Vampires, and you don't have to worry about me being one either...

It's another side book called Changing Breeds.

ReijiTabibito

Just as a question - what's the primary plotline of the story?  Also, what Sin-Eaters have we got, already?

Angie

Not much in way of plot, I just thought it would be kinda cool to throw everyone in 1920s Atlantic City, throw a combination of mortal and supernatural antagonists at them (running the gamut from nosy reporters to OH GOD GNOSIS 10 MAGE THE PAIN!) and see what happens.

You'd be better talking to Glyph and wander about their Sin-Eaters.

wander

I'm thinking Passion and Stigmata Keys. I kinda wanna get Stillness in there too though. So I likely will have some kind of charm happening with Merits... I can do that with spending a Merit on a Charm and then getting Ceremony lv.3: Dedicate Charm to get it's Key.

Likely using the Caul, Curse... Oracle due to being a PI. Those three, possibly Shroud depending on how I feel and how the xp falls, also depending on what Manifestations Glyph wants to use (can you tell me so I know??).

They'll be Synergy 6, so 10xp to spend there. I'll likely spend 6xp of that for a single dot in a Manifestation, to be covered. I use the other 4xp to cover for the 4 Merit pts spent on the Charm for a third Key. So outside of that, I'll have 3 Merit Points and another 2 from the xp...

Angie

Quote from: wander on November 27, 2014, 07:33:48 PM
I'm thinking Passion and Stigmata Keys. I kinda wanna get Stillness in there too though. So I likely will have some kind of charm happening with Merits... I can do that with spending a Merit on a Charm and then getting Ceremony lv.3: Dedicate Charm to get it's Key.

Likely using the Caul, Curse... Oracle due to being a PI. Those three, possibly Shroud depending on how I feel and how the xp falls, also depending on what Manifestations Glyph wants to use (can you tell me so I know??).

They'll be Synergy 6, so 10xp to spend there. I'll likely spend 6xp of that for a single dot in a Manifestation, to be covered. I use the other 4xp to cover for the 4 Merit pts spent on the Charm for a third Key. So outside of that, I'll have 3 Merit Points and another 2 from the xp...

Merits cost 2 per dot.

Anyway, I believe Glyph went Industrial, Stillness, and Stigmata, but all of his stuff is Caul.

ReijiTabibito

A cop, a PI...it sounds like my character concept (Mafia hitman killed and left for dead back for vengeance) is right up the trifecta.

Angie

Eris just sent me a sheet-we have a club singin' Fairest Changling, my friends.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 27, 2014, 07:43:52 PM
A cop, a PI...it sounds like my character concept (Mafia hitman killed and left for dead back for vengeance) is right up the trifecta.

IF we have 3 Sin-Eaters, we could start in a Krewe together...

RubySlippers

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 27, 2014, 06:56:09 PM
Second Sight book. She's mortal except for that power, and she's incredibly weak compared to you guys. Think along the lines of a ghoul.

There is a benefit to NOT being a power in the city, that is being below the Supernaturals respective radar. That and my access to the books is limited so want to play what I know.

ReijiTabibito

I'd be up for that.  Angie?  If we have 3 Sin-Eaters, can we start as a Krewe?

Angie

If one of you starts with Krewe Binding, I'll allow it. Otherwise, you'll form in play.

wander

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 27, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
Merits cost 2 per dot.

Anyway, I believe Glyph went Industrial, Stillness, and Stigmata, but all of his stuff is Caul.

Yep, I know... I mentioned 4xp would give me 2 Merit dots, probably got some confusion because a Charm and Dedicate Charm ceremony happens to cost 4 Merit points, which is why I mentioned it... ^^ In essence, once I get Charm and Dedicate Charm, if I dedicate the 4xp to Merits, I'll have 5 Merit dots left, so I can get basics such as Resources and Barfly etc.

I am so up for forming a krewe!!!

Someone else get Krewe Binding though. Then if you both get Charms, I can dedicate them to pay back ;)

Secondary from the Krewe... Are we gonna pool some Merits into a Haunt together?

I'll get Curse, Oracle and Shroud as Manifestations then, with them being 1dot versions, except one will be at 2dots.

TheGlyphstone

I would have to drop another Morality dot to afford a Ceremony, I spent my initial allotment buying my third Key.

I've got Caul 3, with Industrial, Stigmata, and Stillness Keys.

Honestly, I actually like the idea of forming the Krewe in-play. Since we're literally starting characters who have maybe like seen a ghost once or something (5 XP = roughly one RL game session), it would make sense if we aren't close enough to each other to krewe up.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  I'll buy what we need to form a Krewe.  Makes sense, anyways.  I'd be the guy looking for vengeance against the mob.  Who better to help me than a cop and a PI?  What do I need for it?

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 27, 2014, 08:42:06 PM
Alright.  I'll buy what we need to form a Krewe.  Makes sense, anyways.  I'd be the guy looking for vengeance against the mob.  Who better to help me than a cop and a PI?  What do I need for it?

Krewe Binding is a 1 dot ceremony, so it only costs 1 Merit dot. Or 2 XP.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  Cool.  I can get that and my Psyche upgrade, then...or two, if I really wanted it, but then I'd only have two Merits left, which would be ones bought with XP.

TheGlyphstone

I edited in above, but while you can buy the ceremony now, I'm not against the idea of forming the Krewe in-story if other people are, since we are basically fresh out of our Bargains.

Angie

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Angie