YouTube Recommendations

Started by TotesRider, October 12, 2016, 11:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotesRider

Post up any and all youtube channels you recommend here ^_^.

While I like the popular stuff like Markiplier, Game Grumps and such, here's some channels I personally like that many people may have not heard of yet.

The Super Best Friends: An LP channel with 4 players Matt, Pat, Woolie and Liam. I got into these guys mostly because it's the very rare LP channel that plays and likes games that I'm into. Stuff like Platinum Games, JoJo, anime, wrestling, and the like. Plus they have a pretty bitchin podcast every week. They have a pretty fun community as well such as animators (which they often bring in to do video intros) fan artists and compilation videos. Often times they have themed months or weeks like Boxing Week, Rustlemania (all wrestling games), Shitstorm of Scariness and Mechaweek. Also if you're a fan of fighting games, every friday they have either a Friday Night Fisticuffs (where they play awesome fighters) or Saturday Morning Scrublords (in which they play the bad ones).

Maximilian Dood: Speaking of fighting games. This channel's a fighting game centric one. Max's channel is the thing that got me into actually PLAYING fighting games legitimately (as in actually learning and not just mashing buttons). Most of his videos generally come from his streams on twitch that he chops up into Week Ofs. However he also often does small skits as well as news updates. But more importantly are the Assist Me videos which are part skits and part fighting game tutorials. Because of his place in the FGC, he's been hired by Iron Galaxy to help with video editing and story writing for Killer Instinct and often commentates on Killer Instinct tournaments during EVO or World Cup. He also has another channel called Yo-Video games.

Mother's Basement: The Professional Shitbag. This dude does some pretty interesting analysis videos on Anime OPs and EDs generally pointing out moments of foreshadowing and small little details as well as analyzing animation. If I had to recommend a specific video, any of his Sword Art Online videos are hysterical... watch them and you'll hear the exact moment a man's soul dies.

kaptainkristian: A newer channel that's been getting some good traction. This dude does Video Essays on topics ranging from Adult Swim, the meaning of color and costumes in X-men, the true meaning of FLCL and so on. However what's more impressive is the amount of visuals, music and editing used in his videos. I can't wait to see this channel explode because god dammit he deserves it!

zzy123

Came upon CGP Grey today, as someone had posted his "The Rules for Rulers" video. Really interesting watch that explains power structures around governments. His other videos are pretty informative as well!

Sheoldred

Elliot Hulse has to be my favourite. I'm usually very skeptical of any 'guru' on YT but Elliot seems to be this golden middle of western and eastern thought. Or maybe he just reminds me of someone I used to look up to when I was a teen. Oh yeah, it may look like a channel dedicated to bodybuilding at first, since that's how he started out afaik but he actually gives advice that could apply to almost anyone in many of his videos.

Stella

The Katering Show - short, 10 minute episodes over two seasons, about "a food intolerant and an intolerable foodie." I laughed, I cried, I learned about pop-up Ramen bars and placenta lasagne.

Skynet

Here are some of my recommendations/favorites:

Cooking:

VahChef: Specializes in Indian cuisine.

Critique:

Cinema Sins: Part humor, part in-depth analysis of flaws in movies with a handy-dandy counter.

Digibro: Anime critic well-educated in the genre.

ProJared: Video game reviewer.

Let's Plays:

Chip Cheezum: very humorous and informative player of games both obscure and well-known. Currently doing Uncharted 4.

Video Games:

Gopher's Vids: Has a great series regarding unofficial mods for popular games such as Skyrim and Fallout 4.

The Game Theorists: Interesting ideas and theories in video game and gamer culture.

Jim Sterling: Game reviewer, reporter, Let's Player, Steam Greenlight cop, does a little bit of everything.

Video Game Dunkey: Humor-based channel.

Sain

SciShow - Little interesting science snippets brought down to layman level.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

TotesRider

A new channel i've been getting into... that's been around for ages apparently. Red Letter Media. Though mostly I tend to like their Best of the Worst series in which they select 3 horrible movies, watch them and then decide which is the 'Best of the Worst'.

I will never forget Rich Evans losing his shit while trying to explain Double Down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KolenE1GCyg

Avis habilis

Matt Easton's Schola Gladiatoria channel. A HEMA instructor talks about weapons from the 14th through early 20th centuries, military history, does reviews of movie fights, & talks to other weapon history enthusiasts (such as a history prof who's also a competitive jouster!).

HannibalBarca

Ten Second Songs--Not songs that are ten seconds long.  Anthony Vincent does full-length songs but breaks then into ten second chunks, and each chunk as if that part was done by a different musician than the one who popularized it.  His singing ability is ridiculous.

Epic Rap Battles of History--Historical or fictional characters engaged in rap battles suggested by viewers.  Some of them have guest stars, like Key and Peele.

Vsauce--Michael will take you on a scientific slash philosophical trip in each video, and by the end you'll wonder how it all tied together so well.

Make It Dirty--Does mostly trailers and vids of Star Wars material with specific themes and background music.  Check out Anakin Forgets and Darth Vader Remembers specifically together, among his best, if you don't mind shedding a tear.

331Erock--A French guitarist who does insanely awesome heavy metal solo versions of other songs, among them Frozen's Let It Go and the Harry Potter Theme Song.  And his smile is contagious.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Rhedyn

One of my favourite channels is angelarts. He does lets plays of some popular and not so popular games and 'gay let's plays' where homosexual character relationships can be developed but my absolute favourite thing to watch of his are his tabletop roleplaying campaigns that he runs via google hangouts and posts to youtube. I highly recommend them if you like immersive storytelling and watching roleplaying campaigns. He runs games in the Dragon Age and Mass Effect universes <3

Ardenson

Here are some of my favorite YT channels.

Musiclly.ly
wild life
discovery
animal planet

Lustful Bride

Rachel & Jun: These two are just beyond adorable. ^_^ An interracial couple who make youtube videos in japan, sometimes explaining cultural topics, or just showing off the beauty of the landscape in Japan, they are just the cutest thing I have ever seen and I like to go to them to get a smile.

Lorerunner/Archengia: He does everything from Lets Plays of Games to analyses of Movies and sometimes books, which are very fun as he will expound upon the Lore presented in the story and setting as well as discussing the significance of it. But my favorite thing he does are his Ruminations where he will sit down for an hour (sometimes more than one hour) and discuss the a movie or such and delve deeply into the lore to explain it all, sometimes talking about theories and countless other topics. I very much enjoy putting him on when I want to go out for a walk and want to be stimulated intellectually.

He even has a Stream channel.

Lorerunner Stream Channel: I love when he plays some of the more rare or obscure games and gives them the love that they truly deserve.

History Buffs: A youtube channel run by Nick Hodges who researches the history behind the events depicted in historical movies, points out the innacuracies and is generally very entertaining for those that want to know more about history/the history shown in some movies.

Lustful Bride

Night Mind: He analyzes many interesting ARGs and other similar Alternate Reality topics on the internet to properly explain them and let people know when the games are active. He also assumes the persona of an Eldritch Chesire Cat like creature on his youtube and Tumblr and such, to help add to the creepy vibe when he looks at strange things. I enjoy putting him on when I need some nice background noise when working on posts and his analysis of various topics is always fascinating. I recommend his videos on the SCP, on Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, and his examination on EverymanHybrid.

Jordan Underneath: Another youtuber who examines the weird creepy and macabre, while also making his own creepy videos. I recommend starting out with watching his "the Catlady" review, or his Silent Hill Reviews. He also has a separate channel for music that he makes.

GaLmHD: A Lets Player who is actually pretty funny and makes a special title for each game he plays. I feel like he deserves many more subs.

Trey The Explainer: Youtuber that examines scientific topics such as paleontology and disproves Cryptids using science and deductive reasoning, digging into their lore and looking deeper than most people to discover the validity of statements made about the various cryptids.

XPGgamers: A fun LP channel that also examines mods and plays games with mods included. Out of all the videos they have done, I honestly recommend their Stellaris series the most as it has so much effort put into it, with a 5 minute 'News' section put in at the start of every video adding more story and lore to the world they create in the game.

Lustful Bride

PythonselkanHD: A youtuber who does Text videos with an astounding amount of editing and attention to detail. They tend to focus mostly on analyzing Metal Gear and other Kokjima related materials. They put out some very fascinating theories and evidence that seems very compelling. I recommend them for anyone who wants to jump down a rabbit hole and see how crazy and fun Kojima's conspiracies tend to be.

RagnarRoxShow: Another Videogame analyzer who likes to delve into more obscure games and take a deeper look at horror related material.

Lustful Bride

Down the Rabbit Hole/Fredrick Knudsen: Youtuber who delves into strange and surreal internet phenomena, or sometimes just mundane things that need explanation, in order to explain them and provide some real context to the situation with as little bias as possible.

Scot Manley: An actual scientist/Astronomer who on occasion explains videogames and analyzes the science presented in them. I enjoy listening to his Science only videos on occasion but what honestly won me over were when he played videogames. Especially his playthrough of Xenonauts. Once he understood how the game worked the later episodes were a blast to watch! ^_^

Yong Yea: Examines videogame news, controversies, and does in-depth reviews of games. Honestly he's just a lot of fun to watch :)

Spacedock: Channel that looks at Science Fiction ships, famous scifi battles and other such topics through a technical, mechanical and even Strategic and Tactical eye. He looked at the battles of the Battlestar Galactica and closely looked into the specs of many famous Scifi ships. He is a credit to nerds everywhere :P

Skynet

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 09, 2017, 08:53:46 AM

Yong Yea: Examines videogame news, controversies, and does in-depth reviews of games. Honestly he's just a lot of fun to watch :)

I discovered this guy during the heyday of Mass Effect Andromeda. He was one of the few YouTubers I felt gave the game a fair shake and didn't preemptively join in the hate pit. Not to say he didn't rip the game a new one for its many failings, but it was more the way he handled it.

Oniya

For something completely different:

Smalin - does visualizations of classical music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQYBA_8fThc&t=0s
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sain

The School of Life is a very nice youtube channel with well thought of short philosophical videos designed to help with common social and societal struggles of everyday modern life. What I really like about the channel is that they very rarely miss the mark, and maintain a very impeccable political neutrality even on some very controversial topics.

TriforceGoddess

Some random ones I watch are ThreadBanger and How to Cook That

I used to watch Good Mythical Morning but sort of got bored of it.

Driskoll

Hot Pepper Gaming - If you're into video game reviews and slightly sadistic, this (sadly now defunct) channel is for you. Each episode features a different or returning internet personality reviewing a current or favorite video game. The catch is that they must eat a hot pepper before hand, and give a rating for both the game and the pepper before they're given milk. I can't begin to describe how hilarious some of the reviews become, so I'll just leave one of my favorite videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMOZTLoZNG8

Sain

I really like the videos by Isaac Arthur. Great futurism breakdowns for scifi writing inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thdC-HlRHWg

Dys Astyr

You Suck At Cooking - Most hilarious internet cooking show ever. I wish he did videos more often. Some skits are continued from episode to episode so make sure you start at the beginning.

Georg Rockall-Schmidt - The most objective man on YouTube/the interwebs. Mostly videos about films and related topics, but also random things too. He is hilarious and I love his videos. Especially love the videos he does about how different film series have changed over time.

Cayleigh Elise - Queen of true crime and spoops. Her true crime videos are treated with the gravitas and empathy they deserve while the videos about spoops are hilarious.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Cookie

Some really nice recommendations from people here thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/commentiquette Internet Comment etiquette with Eric- very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave  The slingshot channel - he makes crazy slingshots, funny guy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil  AvE  - an engineer who strips down products, shows their components and potential problems, in detail. Funny guy very knowledgeable.

https://www.youtube.com/user/everyframeapainting - every frame a painting - film analysis, very nicely done.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XboxAhoy Ahoy - animator who makes nice little documentaries about games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3tCNZAURUKbrp2dQkZQy2w/videos Delve/Adam Westbrook - the best video essays I think I've seen, I prefer his stuff to Nerdwriter (who is also well worth checking out of course). He doesn't make many though.

O/Os
Availability: Back, active and looking for something.

Oniya

Apparently I've missed recommending these:

3Blue1Brown - short math animations, explaining complicated concepts in a very comprehensible manner.

Stanford Institute of Theoretical Physics - Yeah, it's as complicated as it sounds, but really interesting stuff.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Normie

I'm a Youtube addict and I couldn't possibly try to list all the channels I'm subscribed to..... a lot of them are political commentary or news related channels which may not be appropriate to post here, but here are some entertainment focused ones:

Behind the Meme: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdsE9y553KP7Z7MDXzM1sRg

I love memes and internet culture so this is pretty self explanatory. There is a silly debate in the "meme community" over whether he is "ruining the meme economy" by "spreading dank memes to normies," which I find hilarious to watch.

Danielle Bregoli: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rVvFP90pl7tAtPsVIhfww

This is the channel of the infamous "Cash Me Ousside" girl where she goofs off doing things like judging celebrity fashion or reading really crappy text message "horror stories" (with plenty of sassy commentary). She has the same sort of guilty pleasure appeal that Jersey Shore did, the content isn't exactly high quality, but the personality is so wacky that it's just fun to watch anyways.

LtCorbis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7BLBDnD-wEXeqZSg24aJw

This is a middle school aged girl who talks trash about random things and is very meme savvy, I find her funny for the same reasons as cash me ousside. I don't know if she should really even be on Youtube given her age but she is hilarious, her wit and knowledge of Internet culture is easily equivalent to someone twice her age.

Sain

Two Minute Papers is an amazing channel - an easily digestible way to keep up with computer science.

This weeks piece in particular got my jaw to slack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLC_GHZCOVQ

Lustful Bride

The Volgun: A wonderful youtube voice actor who does many readings of various topics, usually reading things from the SCP fandom. Sometimes reading stories and other times reading as characters from the setting.

Here is a good example of the kinds of stories he reads.

WindFish

Going to break this down into categories.

Gaming:

Pat The NES Punk - A good channel for all things retro gaming. There's also Flea Market Madness, and a couple of really insightful podcasts. One about pop culture and gaming, and one about basically everything else.

GameXplain - A good source for gaming news and insightful analysis and discussion. They have a few Let's Play livestreams. They primarily focus on Nintendo, but occasionally cover other companies.

Let's Plays:

HCBailly - He was Let's Playing before Let's Plays were cool. More focused on retro RPGs. His LPs tend to be very detailed.

Chuggaconroy - More focused on Nintendo games, but also provides very detailed information. You need to have a high tolerance for puns.

The RunawayGuys - A multiplayer collaboration of Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, NintendoCapriSun, and occasional guests.

MasaeAnela - A frequent guest of TheRunawayGuys. A talented LPer in her own right. Does both streams and traditional Let's Plays.

Tom Fawkes - Another occasional collaborator of TheRunawayGuys, but also has his own group. Has more of a focus on various multiplayer games.

PKSparks - Has more of a focus on Nintendo content, but occasionally branches out. Does both live streams and traditional LPs.

Film:

Chris Stuckmann - One of the best and most passionate film critics out there. He occasionally does game reviews.

Andre "Black Nerd" - He does movie reviews, but also talks about recent news about pop culture.

Comedy:

Cinemassacre - Most famous for The Angry Video Game Nerd, but also has the Board James series, movie reviews, Let's Plays, and other original content.

Brentalfloss - A comedian focusing mainly on giving video game music inappropriate lyrics.

Other:

AllTime10s - Probably the best "Top 10" channel on YouTube.
Actively Searching For New One x Ones

Search Thread
O/Os
F-List

IrishWolf

Lets see here, anything not already listed by others

Gaming:

Soviet Womble

Reviews:

Bennett The Sage for his Anime Abandon series

Brandon Tenold reviews cult classics and other b grade movies

The Count Jackula Show Mostly horror movie reviews, I dont really watch his streams (or anyone elses for that matter)

The Dom compares movies to their books

The Horror Guru his name says it all, reviews horror movies

Educational?

AlternateHistoryHub

Extra Credits I love their Extra History series, they just wrapped up the Great Northern War and are starting on Otto von Bismarck.

Feature History

Forgotten Weapons Explore the world of strange firearms

KnowledgeHub

The Great War a week by week breakdown of the First World War, with specials about who did what

The Game Theorists

Spooky, Conspiracies, True Crime and Strange

Chilling Tales for Dαrk Nights

Corpse Husband

Lazy Masquerade

Mysterious 5

NaturesTemper damn but do I love his voice

Rob Dyke

Strange Mysteries

Top5s

I don't know how to categorize these

Betsy Lee her No Evil series is awesome and so are the outtakes

Bruva Alfabusa for all your Warhammer 40K comedy needs

iLL WiLL PrEss Praise our Lord and Master, Foamy!

Sara Nilsson

I know that it is likely I am the only one caring about this sport, but Robert Mensing uploads every sumo highlight from each basho as soon as possible. *fangirl squealing*

Robert Mensing

Mellific

Game Grumps - Let's Players who are always hilarious. Always. Please keep in mind that they are entertainers, and not everything that they say is politically correct. But, if you enjoy people playing video games and their commentary... you need Game Grumps in your life. Big time.

O/O | A/A | MM

Lustful Bride

Seth Skorkowsky: Is a fun RPG/tabletop game reviewer who looks in depth into various games and modules both from the Player and the GM's perspective and offers ideas for how campaigns can go. Apparently he is also a writer but I haven't read any of his novels.

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on January 02, 2018, 08:54:30 AMApparently he is also a writer but I haven't read any of his novels.

(I know this is a thread for YouTube recommendations, but I gotta say that these look interesting:  http://skorkowsky.com/valducan-series/ )

RubySlippers

Magog of Morskar - witty content only a geek could love and criticism of internet crazy people and sjw's.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxJWPpPED-J24znoKyKZYjg
WORSHIP HIM!

GoodBadFlicks - viewing of old movies and new with in a look at the making of and actors in etc. of them.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtKttDTGqEbBrC7jDN2_axQ

Vergil Tanner

Well, kinda eclectic in what I think I should recommend, but here goes!

Armoured Skeptic
Not everybodies cup of tea, and he does get things wrong from time to time, but I find his videos enjoyable and I respect his attempt at creating an objectively centrist character who questions all positions presented to him. Again, he gets things wrong, but in my experience he goes out of his way to admit when he's fucked up and even has a video he released recently that he calls "Top Ten Times Armoured Skeptic Fucked Up." Even if you disagree with him, it never hurts to listen to people you disagree with, no?

Secular Talk
I dislike the Young Turks as a general rule, which is why I don't really pay attention to them, but Kyle, I respect. I don't always agree with him, but I find him to be a more reliable and critical "journalist" than most of the "Traditional Media" these days. He's a rare journalist in that despite being pretty solidly left-wing, he criticises the left just as harshly as the right. Again, I don't always agree with him, but I respect him and trust him to report as accurately as he can.

TFS Gaming
If anybody knows who Team Four Star are, you should know about TFS Gaming; basically, the team of TFS playing video games, most well known for their Pokemon Nuzlocke and Dragonball Xenoverse runs. And if you don't know who TFS are, I suggest them as well. Their Dragonball Z Abridged and Helsing Ultimate Abridged are hilarious.

Epic Rock / Pop
Epic music, uploaded weekly. Some are better than others, but if you want to find new and interesting artists and bands, this is a good place to start. Many of my Character Theme Songs have been found through this channel!

Jonathon Young
An amazing singer and artist, he does covers of well known songs from all kinds of anime, films and artists. He went through a huge Disney Phase, and recently released the Pokemon Metal Album. His most recent one that I've heard is "Double Trouble," a heavy metal cover of the Team Rocket Song. Frankly awesome.
He also somehow made the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers theme even more 80's hair metal. I don't even know how that's possible.

The Bible Reloaded
Two irreverent atheists reading through the bible, chick tracts and reviewing Christian movies? Duh. Now, their humour isn't to everybodies tastes, but if you appreciate low-brow, take-it-to-absurd levels of fucked up humour, definitely give them a try.

The Quran Reloaded
Same as above, but with the Quran. Same guys, obviously :P

Ozzy Man Reviews
An extremely Australian man commentates over Youtube Vidoes and viral clips. He has a long running series where he reviews Game of Thrones episodes in the same sorta style, and even has a pair of videos where he interviewed the cast. Very funny, and well worth a watch.

And...that's it, I believe!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Lustful Bride

Ace Combat Fan: A fan of Ace Combat who looks deep into the lore, the history and gameplay of the Ace Combat series. Everything you have ever wanted to know about the series +Playthroughs, all in one convenient channel.

Chapter Master Valrak: A 40K fan news channel who keeps up to date with the goings on with the series, occasionally plays games and looks into various things of 40K.

Lustful Bride

The Templin Institute: A scifi/Fantasy youtube channel that looks at the governmental structure of various factions in popular fiction and examines how they work as well as giving them an overview while a highlight reel plays in the background. I love their Stargate video and the video they did on flags from fictional groups. It gets a recommendation from me. ^_^

TerribleTira

New Retro Wave is one of my favorite channels for music when I'm doing creative writing. They even have artists like Megadrive, Trevor Something, VHS Glitch, Lazerhawk, and Perturbator that have tracks that are 1 hr +. It's like a modern throwback take on the 80's.

Skynet

I realized that I posted earlier, but I developed a fandom for some more channels

ContraPoints: Focuses on political and topical issues, usually involving gender and social justice issues. Her videos have a level of professionalism that would be good enough to be on television, but just as importantly has a good sense of psychedelic and self-deprecating humor otherwise absent in a lot SJ YouTube.

Shaun & Jen: Channel specializes in taking the piss out of misinformation on more popular channels. Has a more chill and relaxed vibe in comparison to the other channels, but is a useful resource for debunking falsehoods.

HBomberguy: Like ContraPoints is a humor-focused political channel, but he also covers game design and film theory (his Dark Souls and Fallout 3 videos I can't recommend enough).

Destiny: A gaming-focused YouTuber who also delves into debates, which is primarily why I follow him. Although he has a tendency to take on just about anyone willing to debate, some of his more high-profile debates against personalities such as Sargon of Akkad have been notable. I confess that I first started following him after the JonTron debate.

Sara Nilsson

cant recommend anymore after some hateful shit being posted. Disappointing.

Atarn

Miracle of Sound:  : Come for Commander Shepard, stay for everything else.

YoungYea:  : Found him through Jim Sterling, though prefer Yong these days. Mostly does Videogame/gaming media related vids but unlike Sterling doesn't go all in for a Persona.

Noah Antwiler, Aka the Spoony One: : Some of the older stuff like his Ultima 9 and FF X-2 reviews are golden. His Ultima for the SNES is also hilarious. When he was at his best, no one could top him.

Decker Shado: : next to Cinemasnob, probably the best movie reviewer on Youtube in my opinion. Decker is easy to watch/listen to, has good points and is genuinely funny most of the time. Bonus points for when he does crossovers with Creepy. Only minus is that I think he's a bit too lenient on really shitty movies at times.

Linkara:  : Linkara rocks. Simple as that. Watch his Transformers reviews, or his Ultimate Warrior review.

LoadingReadyRun:  : Not since Kids in the Hall has Canada been this funny. Their Livestream sister channel LoadingReadyLive is also hilarious at times. Their Hatoful Boyfriend Livestream is really Break-down-And-Cry-From-laughing funny.

Anime Abandon:  : If you like to see anime thrashed or hailed, Bennet's the guy. Mostly deals in older stuff, but he's good at pointing out what's wrong or right with an anime.

ThatCreepyLongHairedGuy:  : Decker's perverted nemesis. Creepy is hilarious and he does have a Miniature Elder God on his side. Watch him, he deserves more views.

What if the Emperor had Text to Speech : Take the utter BS stupidity that is W40K, slightly twist some humor into it and voila! One of the most hilarious nerd channels on the tube. Don't you want to know why Kitten's Tau girlfriend left him? (Hint, the ridge on the forehead is not a genital)

And lastly...!
Jonathan Young: : Some really good covers, plus his post song Patreon talk is usually hilarious. "I need money so I can buy pizza...Else I'll starve and DIE! And I can't make music if I am DEAD."
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Oniya

Sara Nilsson

Kati Morton

Kati Morton, a therapist that makes really good videos about mental health.

Lustful Bride

StorytellerSpira: A very well done tabletop roleplaying channel run by miss Spira who handles her games very professionally with music, visual aids, and little transitions that help set the scene and proper mood. I love listening to her videos when I am working on other things and sometimes I will be inspired to write by the sessions she runs.

Seraaron: Another tabletop roleplaying channel that primarily focuses upon the Exalted setting, and has an entire playlist detailing the lore and backstory of Exalted. I kind of wish he had better audio in some of his roleplay videos and that his partner in his Exalted Wheel game could be a little more professional (less swearing and yelling) but I still enjoy their work.

Lustful Bride

Retcon Raider: A small youtuber with surprisingly good editing and production values in some of his videos. I personally found him through his Phoenix Point lore videos, where he explains the backstory and significance of the lore bits in the setting.

I am currently enjoying his Darkest Dungeon playthrough. I really love the care, attention to detail, editing, and even the moments where he has dialogue as a character from the game during the video. ^_^ I hope he gets more subscribers as time goes on. All of that extra effort deserves to be rewarded.

Notorious

Alt Shift X - https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio

For a deeper look into all the fantasy and sci-fi you love. ^_^

Sain

Like Stories of Old

Talks about some core concepts of writing in various ways, often including snippets and pieces of the deeper underlying psychology and philosophy behind them. The videos are quite short and easily digestible. Perhaps not so great for real fans of philosophy, but awesome for dabblers and writers ;D

Lustful Bride

Yusha Thomas has a channel where he goes deep into military humor. Some of it I miss out on, but as an Army Brat I can still get a very good laugh out of it, especially when he makes fun of some of the lesser known things about the service. (Oh god I can never get enough of when he mocks the VA or shows how hard Drill Sargeants can be if you get on their bad side X3)

Oniya

New set of Susskind lectures - this one on Black Holes and Complexity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJcrJE23Sls

Sain

Real Stories

Has collection of stories from various criminals big and small and other real life accounts of people you might otherwise never hear. Really interesting if you want to pick up quirks or a touch of realism for some stranger character concepts.

TotesRider

Got a few new ones for y'all

TierZoo: Much like Botchamania, this is one of those weirdly specific crossovers that works so well somehow. Essentially it's a nature and wildlife channel, but it presents the information as though it were a build guide videos or Tier descriptions. It's both informative and hilarious.
Should Dinosaurs be UnBanned?
Abusing the Game's physics Engine

Amoeba Music: The legendary music store has a channel. I mostly recommend this for the 'Whats in my Bag?' series where musicians... well show what they bought. It's actually pretty insightful and surprising at times. And a good way to also find some new tunes.

McMuscles: The side channel of Matt from the Super Best Friends Play group. He does a ton of series from retrospects, Bug Report (taking a look at games he used to test back in QA), Wii Remember (looking back at hidden gems on the Wii), and my favorite being Crymetina Critiques where his wife critiques various fighting game character's fashion choices.

And right now my favorite channel right now

Stop Skeletons from fighting: If you love video games, video game history, video game oddities, etc etc then you need to check their channel. Also I bring them up because Derek is one of those guys that you can tell is absolutely GENUINELY passionate about this stuff which is what we need more of on youtube, especially in the video game space.
Here's some of my favorites
I Can't Believe It's GBA 3D 2
Console RTS games
Rule of Rose Review (ft Matt McMuscles)
Secrets of the N64 Expansion Pack

Wolven Essence

A recent discovery of mine, a channel by the name of Corpse Husband.  People send him their scary stories, and he narrates them to the background of some creepy pictures.  He has a fantastic voice for it and I find myself going through them video by video.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas

CassieBear

Peter Brown is pretty awesome. I've been watching his stuff for a couple years. I feel you don't need to know much if anything about wood working (or resin art) to enjoy his brand of humor and his projects. Plus he constantly puts his lathe to the test by turning everything from wood to rock salt to resin. And as a bonus, he's a geek!
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Love And Submission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2pZV583VcE

QuoteWeirdly, Kanakuri remained an official missing person in Sweden for about 5 decades, even though he competed in the 1920 Olympics in Antwerp and the 1924 Olympics in Paris (he was also set to run in the 1916 Olympics, but WW1 got in the way).

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Azuresun

The Prime Thanatos and Confused Bi-Product of a Misinformed Culture. Synthwave and all things 80's. This is my go-to for background music when I'm painting or writing.

My favourites:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Wood Division Adventures

A compilation of player-submitted funny moments from League of Legends. The editing is what makes this stand out--not obtrusive and over-memed, and with great comic timing.

Super Eyepatch Wolf. Videos on media, mainly focused on anime & manga. He gives a really interesting breakdown of what makes a series tick, and the story behind their creation. One note of caution--though the "Why you should watch X" videos are good, the footage that accompanies them later in the video can verge on spoiler territory.

My favourites:

VaatVidya

I'm terrible at games like Dark Souls / Bloodborne, which is why I'm grateful for this channel. He goes deep into the lore of the games, and the incredible amount of detail tucked away in them, coupled with amazing presentation.

Postmodern Jukebox. Jazz and cabaret covers of songs you really wouldn't expect to hear in that style.

My favourites:

And lastly, the single most awesome video on Youtube. :)

Snake

Some of my favorites are stuff like

Joe Robinet
TA outdoors
Skallagrim
Shadiversity
Published Creepsworth
SomecallmeJohnny

Lustful Bride

Mahu is a small youtube channel at the moment but has some very high quality Stellaris videos. I was so stunned when I first found them and as he practices more and perfects his editing and storytelling it only gets better. Its one of the best Narrative Lets Plays for stellaris that I have ever seen. :)

I hope his channel grows in popularity and more people try his style of Narrative videos. It makes it so much more interesting to watch Stellaris than some random person just playing and making constant jokes. The system of Stellaris works so well for storytelling and its so much fun seeing a story adapting to the random aspects of the game and the moves of the AI.

Honestly it as very quickly replaced the XPGgamers Stellaris series as my new favorite Stellaris Lets Play, especially as the player jumps through many hoops to keep his story going and keep the game running even through all of the updates and DLCs that Paradox games regularly releases (which tends to be incompatible and force many longterm playthroughs to end early.).

Tolvo

https://www.youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria

One of my favorite Medieval European History and HEMA youtubers, Scholagladiatoria. He's one that does do a lot of research and actually teaches students and mentions his sources. Still it is youtube so it's not like reading a source yourself, and he does simplify things. He has a lot of videos talking about periods of history other than his focus, usually around British history, and talks a lot about weapons and armor and sometimes does analysis of media and their depictions of combat(Game of Thrones is one he likes to frequently make fun of for being so ridiculous). If you want to know about swords in specific, he is your guy. And it can be handy to check out the links in his vids, since he does often link sources, or have links to experts on subjects.

Sain

Quote from: Tolvo on December 04, 2018, 03:39:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria

One of my favorite Medieval European History and HEMA youtubers, Scholagladiatoria. He's one that does do a lot of research and actually teaches students and mentions his sources. Still it is youtube so it's not like reading a source yourself, and he does simplify things. He has a lot of videos talking about periods of history other than his focus, usually around British history, and talks a lot about weapons and armor and sometimes does analysis of media and their depictions of combat(Game of Thrones is one he likes to frequently make fun of for being so ridiculous). If you want to know about swords in specific, he is your guy. And it can be handy to check out the links in his vids, since he does often link sources, or have links to experts on subjects.

I can't see the video. It says Video unavailable :-(

Tolvo

Well I can see why it isn't available, that isn't a video link. It's a link to his channel, not sure why it is showing up like that.

I'll link one of his videos then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvlZcxNAVY

Though I just remembered another one that is fantastic. Knyght Errant. He's basically the youtuber to go to for videos on Medieval armor. Below I'll post a video he did with Metatton(Metatton focuses more on the Roman Empires and Japan, I'm not as much a fan of him but others may enjoy his vids.) on how Medieval Plate and Japanese Armor have very similar levels of mobility, with Japanese armor only having the advantage of the ability to reach your back more easily(That was important in Japan where quivers were on the back, while in Europe they were on the hip).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RR6I-BLKbQ

ladybee

You'll have to excuse my technological ineptitude- I'm not too sure how to make the links prettier, but I'l l add it in below.

Extra History. It's from the Extra Credit's guys (I know it because it's more popular but not my thing) and it's little summaries of different historical periods with a nice, storytelling vibe to them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5Aq7g4bil7bnGi0A8gTsawu

Just a silly Roleplayer

Oniya

Just a little coding help for everyone:

If you link to a video, you can just paste the URL and bam!  Embedded video with thumbnail and all.  (Depending on the topic, you should check to make sure the thumbnail doesn't have kids or child-like figures in it.)

For some reason, when you do this with a channel URL, the forum tries to make it a video - which it isn't, so you get the [...] image.

If you want to link to a channel, or a video that has a thumbnail that doesn't meet our image rules (or you simply don't want it embedded), all you have to do is put the [ url] tag around it

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFOXP026eE&list=PLS3_1JNX8dEh5YcO-Y05stU0u_T9nqIlF&index=1
Video link with text: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFOXP026eE&list=PLS3_1JNX8dEh5YcO-Y05stU0u_T9nqIlF&index=1]Richard Feynman Lecture 1[/url]
Channel link with text: [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj2PBh1npuzyQ52qqV9eAmQ]Stanford University of Theoretical Physics[/url]

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFOXP026eE&list=PLS3_1JNX8dEh5YcO-Y05stU0u_T9nqIlF&index=1
Video link with text: Richard Feynman Lecture 1
Channel link with text: Stanford University of Theoretical Physics

Tolvo

Oh yeah of course for gaming I've got to mention GiantBomb. They are mainly a review website and have their own content but upload a lot of the videos to youtube(That aren't behind premium their subscription service I wish I could afford).

They are some of the funniest people in game, and at the same time often really informed with tons of wisdom. Jeff Gerstman specifically is quite an amazing man. And pretty much everyone involved is really great and brings a lot to the table, whether it's Brad's experience, Vinny's technical knowledge, Abby's charm, or Dan Ryckert's ability to Mr McGoo his way through life.

Dan Ryckert is one of the staples and is simultaneously very funny and possibly the dumbest motherfucker alive. Such as the time he learned on stream, that Pirates stole things, something he didn't know despite playing many games about pirates and liking pirates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozosGipsoNE

Or how Dan Ryckert has a college degree and never went to most of his classes during his entire 5 years at college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHLxtVsNuI

Or that he thought his whole life that egg whites meant the shells, and that he tried to cook just egg shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

Even if you don't know about video games you may have heard of Dan Rycker. He and his wife were the first people to be married inside a Taco Bell. Both of them being such fans, they think it's better than real Mexican food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-01eCV66JV8

Their end of the year stuff is also coming up soon where they go over the games that win awards(Both bad and good) for their end of the year lists. Including Hitsmas, where they play the new Hitman games with roulette challenges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4C469Sbby8

They also often release these, their Best Of videos with the best moments from their recent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qmmB8kB5O0

That also features the time during their stream Johnny V tweeted out Dave Lang's personal phone number to all his followers as a mild joke during a stream because he was drunk and ruined Dave Lang's week and he ended up receiving like hundreds of thousands of calls and texts. That's at 5:27 in. Johhny V getting drunk and making horrible decisions during Giant Bomb interviews is a tradition.

Muddy Waters

So I don't know how to link the page without messing everything up so instead, I just listed out my top ones by the channel names and a brief description.   ^_^

Reptiles/Animals/Nature:

Exotics Lair - Humorous encounters with a tarantula collector and his many very aggressive spiders. Includes scorpions, snakes and the occasional bug.

Snake Discovery - Collector, breeder and wildlife educator.  Very informative.

The Lion Whisperer - Kevin Richardson in South Africa and his Lion sanctuary.   Kevin has a personal relationship with nearly all the big cats at his sanctuary enough that he walks freely with him when he takes them for enrichment walks. 

Brave Wilderness - Great for kids.   An informative show with hundreds of up-close looks at creatures big and small.   ( The main guy can be a little annoying)

Science:

TED talk:   informative speeches and discussions across the globe in hundreds of different subjects.

Veritasium - Mostly physics and discussions about space and time.  Explained in great detail.

PBS Space-Time - Deep discussions about space and time. delves into all sorts of scientific topics.

Astrum - Physics, science, space, and exploration of our planets.    There is an amazing series the creator did for each of the planets and reviewing and explaining NASA Hubble pictures.

Youtuber Vlogs:

Korean Englishman - Josh is an Englishman who fell in love with Korea in his teens.   Since then he's moved back, married a Korean girl named Gabie and since then has spent his time introducing friends, family, and viewers to a unique view of Korea.   Has lots of interesting friends that appear in the videos either reacting to all sorts of thing.

Jolly - This is the second channel for the Korean Englishman, this stars Ollie ( the guy behind the camera from Korean Englishman) as well as Josh and occasionally their friends.   This is more of a fun vlog, testing things, finding odd things to eat, jokes, pranks etc.

Phillip D Franco - "Philly D" is one of the original content creators from youtube's inception.   He currently does very open-ended new discussions.  Also does specials on certain topics.   He always breaks down the current big news stories in a more millennial way.

Conspiracy:

Bright Insight - Lots of conspiracies about government, history and possible "ancient intelligent civilizations".
[acronym=A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface][/acronym]
[Acronym= Muddy Waters' On & Offs][/acronym][Acronym=Muddy Waters' Absences and Apologies][/acronym]
                        "A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface"   

Love And Submission

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzK8Lzl11tU&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqj4h8kx2M&t

There's a lot of Reptile keepers on Youtube but Clint is by far my favorite. He's incredibly informative and hilariously entertaining. I originally  enjoyed him because  how uncooperative his subjects were and how he handled them but over time , I've fallen in love with his approach to the hobby. He's an incredibly knowledgeable person and highly talented at explaining the pros and cons of keeping each species of Reptile.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Baphomett

Here are some of my favorites;

Nexpo
Short for Nightmare Expo, its a channel that explores creepy stuff in general. Unsolved Crimes, Folklore, Legends, Creepypastas, Occult Mysteries and so on... the subjects explored can be pretty dark and twisted, be warned. I especially like his deep dive analysis of ARGs. I discovered a lot of really obscure, interesting, quality amateur horror cinematic projects and ARGs through this channel.

https://youtu.be/1HRiXT6-z3U

Emilia Fart
Completely weird, disjointed and whimsical, yet strangely introspective. You cant really explain it you just have to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmeg3l-zEo

Yuna

Ask A Mortician
A really interesting channel about life and death (but mostly the latter). Check her out! She's funny and smart.
Requests (Updated 24/10/2019) | Ons & Offs | Apologies & Absences
Story status: Slowly returning.

Muddy Waters

Quote from: Baphomett link=topic=257272.msg14677633#msg14677633 date=1549422875

size=18pt]Emilia Fart[/size]
Completely weird, disjointed and whimsical, yet strangely introspective. You cant really explain it you just have to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmeg3l-zEo

This is as good a description as one can get for Amelia Farts.  ^___^   I enjoy watching her stuff simply because while it's strange it's pretty interesting.
[acronym=A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface][/acronym]
[Acronym= Muddy Waters' On & Offs][/acronym][Acronym=Muddy Waters' Absences and Apologies][/acronym]
                        "A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface"   

okintsukoro

Draw With Jazza - An Australian illustrator who does animations, art tutorials, and various art challenges (such as painting using an RC car, creating art using a variety of coffee for pigment). Also lots of dad humor, because he's a dad.

Lustful Bride

FENNAH Is a channel that runs an online series called Satellite City where a few humans interact with Fair Folk like creatures from another world, much older than Earth and the human race. The animation has been improving since the series started about a year ago and the bits of lore about the setting are popping up in more episodes but can also be seen from a website they run with all of the information on it.

Character animation test/Good example of their style

Azuresun

So at a fighting game tournament, someone decided to do a joke tournament using MUGEN. If you haven't heard of MUGEN, it's an open-source fighting game emulator where you can plug in characters from pretty much anywhere, and modify them. Of course, these characters are not the least bit balanced against each other, and some weren't designed to be in a fighting game at all. So we get.....something glorious.  :-)

Azuresun

Drawfee

A group of artists who take on weird drawing challenges. Most of their "Draw X They've Never Seen" videos are comedy gold.

Invidiam

I won't bother going into all the massive quantities of lets play, ASMR, political and reaction channels that I frequent and will instead recommend a few less typical channels that I think might entertain people.

Omeleto - Fantastic channel that features short films from Sundance-selected directors to young, talented newcomers. All good quality, highly rated and specially selected for the channel.

Screamfest - The same concept as Omeleto, except only horror short films if that is more your speed.

AntsCanada - If you like insects at all, especially ants, this is definitely the channel for you. And even if you don't, you may still find it really entertaining - this is coming from someone who has a phobia for all the creepy crawlies. The weekly videos feature the ongoing stories of the vast amount of ant colonies and other creepy crawlies that this enthusiast keeps, but most importantly he makes it really entertaining by narrating and cutting clips in a way that it actually tells a story every week.

Binkov's Battlegrounds - For any military or strategy enthusiasts out there, this channel makes videos simulating hypothetical future and past conflicts between various nations(or in some cases nations versus fictional things like a Star Destroyer in earth orbit). Very fun stuff if you are into that kind of thing.

Fairbairn Films - A couple of young australian fellows who make fantastically funny sketches in my humble opinion. I definitely recommend checking them out, very funny.

Muddy Waters

I like Ants Canada but I get frustrated with the cliffhangers he does >_<

Invidiam

Quote from: Muddy Waters on February 25, 2019, 06:25:55 AM
I like Ants Canada but I get frustrated with the cliffhangers he does >_<

Oh I know, but I feel like that's part of the charm. Really makes it feel like a TV show.

Lustful Bride

The Botch Pit is a channel dedicated to tabletop roleplaying, similar to Critical Roll, that is just starting off and already has quite a few videos detailing various World of Darkness books and details, and also seem to have plans to do other systems and settings, as well as a few actual play sessions. They are still finding their footing, but I like what they have so far and hope that they improve over time.

At the moment their work is solely audio but I hope we will see visuals or animations added in once their fanbase grows.

Example of their style, discussing Vampire the Masquerade.

Aiden

Lustful Bride

Indy Neidel (The main man of the Great War history Channel) now has a historical channel for World War Two with a great detail of information about the two most world changing wars in history. Its rough seeing all the atrocities that happened, but important to know and always remember our past.

Lustful Bride

Just discovered the Book of Choyer. A channel dedicated to Total War and Warhammer Fantasy, videos. They specialize in videos showing battles and in lore videos. I like their professional style and tone.

An example of the work they do :)

Marumor

Louis Rossman does Mac repairs and will teach you about getting consent before touching the PPBUS.
#DrownItInFlux #PPBUS #WhoHurtYouLittleMacbook #LongScrewInShortScrewHole #DrownItInMoreFlux

IGP plays kinda-spoopy games. His SCP playthroughs are mildly spoopy but amusing, especially when they scream at every little thing.

Lustful Bride

Normapollo ,  It is hard to classify what he does as he has a very wide variety of videos on his channel Ranging from in depth lore about the vampire clans of Vampire the Masquerade, to discussions about HP Lovecraft, and most recently a retrospective on the Hellboy series. He puts real effort into every video, adds good visuals and music without letting them take away from the current topic. Havent seen all his videos but I would definitely recommend him. :)

Thesunmaid

I have probably too many subcriptions lol

But ones I very much enjoy is

Nostalgia critic (alot of people might have heard of this one. But I always found them funny)
Dr Pimple popper (yes I like popping videos. I have always been into gross gorey stuff since I was little)
Misery Box (he has a really nice voice and he reads reddit storys.)
Dope or nope (my step son actually got me watching this one..they review products and are quite funny)
Omegon (news and such commentator)
Most amazing top 10 (list channel lots of creepy stuff and I enjoy the hosts)
Mathew Santoro (found this one through Rob Dyke (now Gavagan) Does little skits and lists)
Cinema sins (They list what they think is wrong with movies. I find them funny)
Rob Gavagan (used to be dyke but youtube kept giving him problems about his name. does lists and creepy content)
The try guys (used to be part of buzzfeed but made thier own channel. Very entertaining)
Only human (has a bunch of mostly British made documentaries mostly medical and such.)
Absolute History (history documentaries. I like documentaries and history this has both whoo.)
Creepy pasta readers I listen to also are Mortis media, corpse husband, Creeps mcpasta, Mr nightmare, and gloomy house.
Rantasmo (gay guy who commentates on movies and tv shows...and how they need more gay.)

Yeah thats probably enough...lol
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Lustful Bride

Sheepdog Gaming is a youtube channel i discovered a little while ago and have really come to enjoy. They are a channel that has several different series but has seemed to develop a real focus on tabletop roleplaying, with their main series at the moment being an Only War campaign (for Warhammer 40K) that goes by the name of Charlie Foxtrot which follows multiple different players and Guard regiments as they fight to save a world from an Ork invasion. With their actions having an impact on the missions of other units and the course of the war itself.

Argyros

• ASAPScience – A popular science-based YouTube channel with videos galore about the human body and mind.

• MinuteEarth – A particular favourite, this channel showcases short videos about biology, zoology, geology, agriculture and environmental sciences.

• Doctor Mike – Dr. Mikhail "Mike" Varshavski, DO, is an osteopathic physician that creates YouTube videos about the U.S. medical system, including television reviews, analysis of medical case studies, and discussion of current news.

• LegalEagle – A YouTube channel dedicated to everything law, including movie and television reviews, analysis of legal scenarios, and discussion of current news. If you're a law student, see LegalEagle Law School.

• zefrank1 – A compilation of zoology commentaries with a twist of humour.

• TED – A YouTube channel featuring the best Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) Conference performances about science, technology, education, business, art, psychology and global issues.

• The Infographics Show – This channel focuses on making animated infographic videos in a fun and entertaining way, covering topics such as culture, society, demographics, economics, military, history, and more.

• After Skool – A fun edutainment channel that uploads weekly videos about science, education, and philosophy.
< Status: Gone >

Oniya

Just got referred to this - it's only a single video, and it's 'just' an audio recording but...

Richard Burton in Hamlet.  The whole play with the original Broadway cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4uZrna_lFM

neini

I usually enjoy watching YouTubers like Cody Ko, Noel Miller, Danny Gonzalez and Drew Gooden. They make commentary videos, which are fun and easy to watch. Kurtis Conner is a fun dude too.

Also, I have one more suggestion, which is kind of odd. If you know at least a bit of Russian and are able to understand it, I recommend watching It's Mamix. They do all kinds of experiments, the guys working on that team are funny. Worth giving a shot. :)
update: 29/09/23 — busy with uni right now, but I promise to reply as soon as I can

Oniya

Vintage audiobooks

Including a whole section of Christopher Lee reading Christie and A.C. Doyle, unabridged book versions of David Rintoul reading James Bond, and Leo McKern reading Rumpole.

I listened to 'Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories' last night - and I just want to say that Lee's portrayal of someone in a 'consumptive fit' was absolutely amazing ('The Fourth Man').

Azuresun

So I just discovered a fairly new channel that does pop songs in the style of medieval ballads.

And during lockdown, I've been binging on OSW Review, where three Irish guys talk about wrestling. I started off with the vintage Wrestlemanias, and moved onto the crazy glory days of WCW.