Freeform WH40K Game(From the Chaos Perspective)

Started by Urbanzorro, September 27, 2011, 08:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IT IS THE 41st millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet EVEN In his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battelfleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst His soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defense forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

TO BE A man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Mollar IV, an Imperial hive world who’s industrial facilities have, for several generations, been focused on the creation of cutlery for the Imperial Guard. Even though regular food supplies are extremely important for the Imperial Guard, the tools with which to eat them are not quite as vital. As a result Mollar IV  has always been strategically unimportant, and little more than another marker on the Imperium's star charts.

With both the enemies of man and the Imperium itself having no real levels of interest in the planet. Mollar IV has never known the horrors of war, nor of any other form of strife that is so common throughout the worlds of the Imperium of Man until now......

Something has changed in Mollar Prime, Mollar IV's capital city, where once the Ecclesiarchy's cathedrals within the massive hive city would find themselves filled to the bursting point with each mass they now find empty seats. In the strategium and halls of the palace of Shaddam Vandis XII, Mollar IV's Imperial Governor, once rang out with the voices of nobles and advisers who had no secrets to keep from their lord now are silent as those same men and women whisper things which they wish none to hear.

Rumors have begun to spread, suspicious eyebrows have been raised and those who's loyalty to The Emperor is unshakeable have begun to worry that a time of great strife in which the fate of their very world will be decided is quickly approaching.

And they are right, but if they only knew how right they were they would wish it was not so.....

OOC

Let me preface what comes next with the fact that I've tried, with varying degrees of success, to gm WH40K games on E before and each time the game has wound up being just too big for me which eventually causes it to fall apart... That having been said I'm not about to give up and I hope that other members of E feel the same way.

Ok, so this is my idea for a Warhammer 40K game that will (hopefully) break the bad luck streak that most WH40K games seem to have on E. If you're still reading then you may have some interest and I hope that said interest is still alive by the end of this post! ;D

Basically this game will follow a chaos cult that is on the verge of beginning its total overthrow of the planetary government and I'm looking for people interested in playing members of the cult. Both in the upper levels of the hive city such as important officials, military personnel, servants with access to much of the governor's palace, ect. AND members in the underhive/midhive area who are prepping for and eventually taking part in attacks against Imperial forces and facilities throughout the hive. As is stated in the title, the game will be freeform. And it should also be noted that this game actually represents the 1st chapter in a much larger storyline/area of non-cannon fiction that I have been working on within the WH40K universe.

I'm looking for at least 4 other players with a max of 7. I'd also VERY much appreciate someone willing to help out as an assistant/co-gm in order to insure that the game runs as smoothly as possible and survives/thrives(helping out as assistant/co-gm doesn't disqualify you from playing in the game by the way). If you're interested please feel free to fill out one of the following character sheets. Depending on which portion of the cult you want to be a part of. Also I'll allow everyone to play up to two characters provided that both characters are not in the same portion of the cult. I.E. you can play someone in the palace and someone in the underhive but not two someone's in either area. 

Palace Dweller
Palace Dweller

[size=18pt][b]Palace Dweller[/b][/size]
[float=left][img]paste your character's image here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] Is your character a general? servant? noble? government official?
[b]Personality:[/b] How does your character normally act towards others?
[b]Bio:[/b] What is their personal history
[b]Wargear:[/b] What special weapons, items, ect. do they have? Such as a special gun, a hidden blade, ect.
[b]Abilities:[/b] What talents and/or abilities do they have these can be things such as psychic skills, small mutations, ect.
[b]Dedication:[/b] What Chaos God do they worship? Copy and paste one of the following choices over the text in this category

[color=green][font=AR CARTER][size=36pt]Nurgle[/size][/font][/color]

[font=Orange LET][size=36pt][color=red]Khorne[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Cataneo BT][color=purple][size=36pt]Slaanesh[/size][/color][/font]

[color=blue][size=36pt][font=Ruach LET]Tzeentch[/font][/size][/color]

[size=36pt][font=AR JULIAN]Undivided[/font][/size]

Underhiver

Underhive Dweller

[size=18pt][b]Underhiver[/b][/size]
[float=left][img]paste your character's image here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] How does your character normally act towards others?
[b]Bio:[/b] What is their personal history
[b]Mutant:[/b] Are they a full mutant? If so what mutations do they have?
[b]Wargear:[/b] What special weapons, items, ect. do they have? Such as a special gun, a hidden blade, ect.
[b]Abilities:[/b] What talents and/or abilities do they have these can be things such as psychic skills, small mutations that would not outwardly brand them as a mutant, ect.
[b]Dedication:[/b] What Chaos God do they worship? Copy and paste one of the following choices over the text in this category

[color=green][font=AR CARTER][size=36pt]Nurgle[/size][/font][/color]

[font=Orange LET][size=36pt][color=red]Khorne[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Cataneo BT][color=purple][size=36pt]Slaanesh[/size][/color][/font]

[color=blue][size=36pt][font=Ruach LET]Tzeentch[/font][/size][/color]

[size=36pt][font=AR JULIAN]Undivided[/font][/size]

Hope to see some interest in this game. ;D Lets make 40K work on E!
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.